• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

Remember way back when, when George Romero was gonna do the Resident Evil movie? (before he was replaced with Paul WS Anderson). I bet it would have been like the REmake. I read some of Romero's script. Jason Patric (Chris Redfield), Samantha Mathis (Jill Valentine), and Kiefer Sutherland (Albert Wesker) were all rumored to star. I wish they had went that route!

94064DABA6081335605F4B760634AB810A78F260

Finally finished Real Survival. I don't know if I'd be able to finish Invisible Enemy mode or not now >_< lol

Shauni

Remember way back when, when George Romero was gonna do the Resident Evil movie? (before he was replaced with Paul WS Anderson). I bet it would have been like the REmake. I read some of Romero's script. Jason Patric (Chris Redfield), Samantha Mathis (Jill Valentine), and Kiefer Sutherland (Albert Wesker) were all rumored to star. I wish they had went that route!

Considering Romero's Dead movies were always much more focused on the human drama and interaction that arose from zombie threats, it probably wouldn't have been all that much like the games. But it probably would've at least been solid.

Considering Romero's Dead movies were always much more focused on the human drama and interaction that arose from zombie threats, it probably wouldn't have been all that much like the games. But it probably would've at least been solid.
I dunno... The screenplay is.... An interesting take. I don't know how well it would have been received, even by nineties horror standards.

Mr_Zombie

You can read the whole script here: http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

It was much better than what Anderson produced, and it was much more faithful to the events from the game, although there were a lot of changes (Chris the farmer, members of Bravo team surviving longer than in the game, Ada makes an appearance etc.) and a new character - Rosie Rodriguez; from the description, she was basically Rain from the Anderson's movie.

You can read the whole script here: http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

It was much better than what Anderson produced, and it was much more faithful to the events from the game, although there were a lot of changes (Chris the farmer, members of Bravo team surviving longer than in the game, Ada makes an appearance etc.) and a new character - Rosie Rodriguez; from the description, she was basically Rain from the Anderson's movie.

Read this a hella-long time ago. Interesting to read, but actually making a good movie out of it...LOLno

Mr_Zombie

Read this a hella-long time ago. Interesting to read, but actually making a good movie out of it...LOLno

Ok, maybe not good good, but probably still better than what we eventually got with super Licker, evil AI in the form of a creepy little girl and a laser room taken straight from the Cube that killed more people than zombies did.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I too have had the de-synced issue from the beginning... It hasn't bothered me much.

I wish I was like you, there isn't really much that annoys me as much as desynced audio/video. It bothers me so much I can't even enjoy the gameplay bits :(. I suppose I could just skip the cutscenes.

I mean I even tried lowering everything as low as it could go and it still happened, might as well play with the FPS unlocked for a smoother gameplay experience. I wish devs didn't tie gameplay logic to framerate :/

Can someone please help me here? lol...How do I put the shotgun back into the rack? I don't have the broken one with me at the moment. What do I do?

If you're Jill
then you don't have to find the broken one since Barry will save you.

If you're Chris
lol you're fucked.

SDCowboy

If you're Jill

If you're Chris
lol you're fucked.

No I have that. My issue was I was locked in the room since I took the working one and the game wasn't letting me put it back in the rack so I could leave. I figured it out. Thanks though. haha

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If you're Jill

If you're Chris
lol you're fucked.

If you're Jill
Barry will only save you if you haven't had any other barry cutscenes yet, as I recall

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
edit: never mind

If I remember right you should be able to examine it and it'll prompt you if you want to put it back. If not, inventory menu should. If it's similar to the Flamethrower thing which is nearly the same idea in the catacombs.

Bl@de

done. 7h 30min, Chris on normal, best ending

Not too shabby after all that time^^

I wanted to add: 60fps and full hd is so amazing with this game. Good lord. Definite edition of the game. Had no bugs. Great port.

I wish I was like you, there isn't really much that annoys me as much as desynced audio/video. It bothers me so much I can't even enjoy the gameplay bits :(. I suppose I could just skip the cutscenes.

I mean I even tried lowering everything as low as it could go and it still happened, might as well play with the FPS unlocked for a smoother gameplay experience. I wish devs didn't tie gameplay logic to framerate :/
Think of it this way.... Even a remaster will not let you escape this game's awful dialog....

bumpkin

So, possibly stupid newbie question here, but
in my first-ever Jill play-through, I got to the cabin in the woods outside of the mansion where Lisa(?) comes wandering in. I grabbed all of the items in the shack, but I wasn't sure if I had to fight her right then and there after the radio call saying bullets wouldn't kill *it* or something to that effect, so I ran away; I coaxed her into lunging at me and booked it around her and out the door. Did I do what I was supposed to do at that particular juncture?

Also, what the fuck at the
plant tentacle things that shoot up and grab you in the plant shed area? Is there any way not to get grabbed every single time? I moved the crate over to cover up part of the floor, but then it seemed like they'd just grab me from other spots/holes.

in my first-ever Jill play-through, I got to the cabin in the woods outside of the mansion where Lisa(?) comes wandering in. I grabbed all of the items in the shack, but I wasn't sure if I had to fight her right then and there after the radio call saying bullets wouldn't kill *it* or something to that effect, so I ran away; I coaxed her into lunging at me and booked it around her and out the door. Did I do what I was supposed to do at that particular juncture?

plant tentacle things that shoot up and grab you in the plant shed area? Is there any way not to get grabbed every single time? I moved the crate over to cover up part of the floor, but then it seemed like they'd just grab me from other spots/holes.

Push the crate over to the other crates in the hallway, then climb up them to go around the hole.

Cudder

Yes you did the right thing by avoiding her.

You have to move the box right up against the other boxes in that short hallway to make it across without getting hit. Climb the boxes to get around the plant hitting you.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Think of it this way.... Even a remaster will not let you escape this game's awful dialog....

But every cutscene is skippable :p. But I'd like to watch them at least once for the cheese-factor! And that means I'll find a way to make the sound sync or just wait until I replace my lousy GPU.

I didn't try running the game without Firefox on though, maybe that'll help.

Kuraudo

Banned
Ok, maybe not good good, but probably still better than what we eventually got with super Licker, evil AI in the form of a creepy little girl and a laser room taken straight from the Cube that killed more people than zombies did.

Nah, I'd take Milla Jovovich kicking a cerberus in the face over Native American Chris any day.

Romero's RE2 trailers were pretty cool back in the day, though.

Nah, I'd take Milla Jovovich kicking a cerberus in the face over Native American Chris any day.

Romero's RE2 trailers were pretty cool back in the day, though.

so you'd take the awful RE movie we got over chris being native american? even if the movie was good? wtf

VinFTW

Gahhh, I have nothing to play, Idk if I should get this.

I liked RE4 but not enough to finish it yet. Not sure if I will feel the same way with this.

Are the controls a real hassle? Does it still hold up today?

Gahhh, I have nothing to play, Idk if I should get this.

I liked RE4 but not enough to finish it yet.

Are the controls a real hassle? Does it still hold up today?

The game holds up beautifully. Tank controls work fine IMO but if you don't like them just use the new ones, who cares what people say.

VinFTW

The game holds up beautifully. Tank controls work fine IMO but if you don't like them just use the new ones, who cares what people say.

Think It'll be my weekend game. Fiance is going out of town, was gonna play Dark Souls a 3rd time but fuck that, RE it is.

I'll give the tank controls a try first.

Thanks for the reply bud

AcAnchoa

I never played Resident Evil on PSX or GC so this is my first contact with this game and I'm really enjoying it. The only complain so far is that from time to time the pause menu begins to open as soon as I close it which is pretty annoying, especially when I haven't saved for a while. Any ideas why this happens?

On my knife run, already at the shark tank. Going smoothly without any trouble at all (except the coffin Crimson Head but it wasn't too bad). I actually think I could clear this under 3 hours, but not on this run specifically.

televator

Got just under 2.75 hours.

Infinite rock it lawncher is mine! I would do better if I wouldn't bet bit by the snake, but he gets me every damn time! He's 4 for 4 so far.

Gradon

Jesus the
cabin
is easily the worst looking area in the entire game, I personally find that it completely ruins
the immersion of what happens in there.

I don't think I can beat this game on normal. I ran through my first time with Jill on Easy (thought I picked the "normal" option) and am now going through it again with Chris on Normal this time and I've died way too much to the early zombies. I didn't realize in addition to more damage taken, they put way more zombies in rooms! The first save room with the item box has 3 zombies now! I dread continuing. I've lost at least 2 hours (had to start the game over twice). I think I'm just gonna run through on Easy and enjoy the game that way.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jesus the
cabin
is easily the worst looking area in the entire game, I personally find that it completely ruins
the immersion of what happens in there.

I think Aqua Ring is the roughest looking spot by far.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I'm not sure what people see when they say certain backgrounds look worse than others. Aside from the ones that try a little too much animation they all look fantastic to me considering the age of the game. Are they the same on all platforms?

I'm not sure what people see when they say certain backgrounds look worse than others. Aside from the ones that try a little too much animation they all look fantastic to me considering the age of the game. Are they the same on all platforms?

It might be the stretching done for widescreen. I've been playing in 4:3 and the whole game has looked great for me. I've noticed some occasional resolution limitations but not so much that they impact the clarity of what is being shown, or even the atmosphere. I imagine increasing their resolution further with stretching would be what causes their limitations to become more apparent - that's one of the two main reasons I've stuck with 4:3.

Grinchy

Banned
The game looks so much better when I use remote play with the Vita. The supersampling effect that's going on along with the nice OLED screen makes the game look terrible on PS4 in comparison.

Anderson lifted alot of stuff from the romero script. Rosie, (who was Rain) The hitting head in shower scene, and
"Paul Anderson does tend to pay homage to Romero throughout the movie he made: the net like laser that slices the troops in pieces is written in this script and Paul puts it in his movie, the demon dogs shooting scene towards the middle is also in the script. In the script Romero gives us a lot of everything letting fans of the video game feast while giving general audiences a good ol' time.
"

Top Bottom