• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

text (equip, examine, item descriptions, text when checking something in game) and subs are in jp only there's no way to change that on a retail system so no. (new game, continue, options etc and achievements are in english, but that about it)

RE4 is so timeless. The gameplay is so awesome, but the graphics did feel dated when I tried playing through the Wii version.

This will give it a much needed new life.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Hitoribhoshi said:
text (equip, examine, item descriptions, text when checking something in game) and subs are in jp only there's no way to change that on a retail system so no. (new game, continue, options etc and achievements are in english, but that about it)

Thanks. God, how irritating though. I'm just going to go back and play New Translation. In English.

The cutscenes are in real-time, yes? Can you see the costumes this time around? That was a terrible disconnect in the PS2 version from Mafia outfit in gameplay to normal outfit in cutscenes

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just a heads up, RE5 will be available in the US PSN soon according to a reply in the PS Blog.

So in other words, you can play the entire RE main series (except for 0) on PSN. :p

I apologize if it's already been discussed to death, but have we found out anything conclusive about the differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of these games?

ULTROS! said:
Just a heads up, RE5 will be available in the US PSN soon according to a reply in the PS Blog.

So in other words, you can play the entire RE main series (except for 0) on PSN. :p

Woo!

I've rebought/played Re5 so many times though.

Twice on PS3
Twice on Xbox
Some on PC

Don't currently own PS3 version but am indeed willing to buy just to have all of them on PSN/PS3 at this point

...I need help =/

burgerdog

Jimmy Stav said:
I apologize if it's already been discussed to death, but have we found out anything conclusive about the differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of these games?

I haven't been able to find anything yet. I really want to pick this up on Tuesday, too. Just going to have to wait until I see the differences.

jyoung188 said:
Damn, I am so hyped to replay RE4 in HD.

CBAyS.jpg

Tuesday can't get here fast enough.

Goody

I'm sorry if this has been asked a few times, but I went through the thread and couldn't find an answer.

Have the controls been updated to include what RE5 offered? Strafing, in particular?

TUROK

JoeFenix said:
RE4 is a decent port, seems to use all the gc effects, it's missing specular highlights though =(
Yeah, I noticed that too. They're gone from all the boss characters.

Esnel Pla said:
I'm sorry if this has been asked a few times, but I went through the thread and couldn't find an answer.

Have the controls been updated to include what RE5 offered? Strafing, in particular?

Nope, just the ability to aim and shoot with shoulder buttons.

I got excited as fuck reading RE4 would have move support, and then I read in the comments that it was an error and there is no support.

WTF Capcom- you already offered it on the Wii =(((

Ellis Kim

Banned
TUROK said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. They're gone from all the boss characters.
Comparison shots?
Square Triangle said:
I got excited as fuck reading RE4 would have move support, and then I read in the comments that it was an error and there is no support.

No responses on the Ask Capcom board, either.

Square Triangle said:

yeah but this way the bottle cap trophy actually means something

Ellis Kim said:
Comparison shots?

No responses on the Ask Capcom board, either.

They confirmed on the PS Blog that it doesn't have Move Support.

And wtf Sony, RE4 on the PS3 has no platinum but the 360 has 1000 achievements. World=crushed.

jackdoe

Square Triangle said:
And wtf Sony, RE4 on the PS3 has no platinum but the 360 has 1000 achievements. World=crushed.
Haha. It's more of a "WTF" Capcom. They already did the artwork for the achievements after all.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fuck, I can't wait for Tuesday. Omfg, I can't fucking wait. I've played this game so many fucking times that I've lost count, but my god, this Tuesday will be glorious.

revolverjgw said:
Wait, what? Does it at least have the normal amount of trophies for a full game?

IIRC they share the same amount of trophies/achievements but there is only 1 silver and 1 gold whereas the 360's are all 50/100/150 achievements.

So lame, not a game crusher but I was planning on platinum'ing this!

EloquentM said:
I'm so torn. do I buy the HD version of RE4 or the wii version...or do I double dip?

HD version. Wii version looks like crap (artificial widescreen/dithering/blurriness) unless you have a piece of crap TV to play it on.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wowbagger said:
You can play the Wii version using a GameCube controller, though.

Wii version has no trophies/achievements. :(

CLEEK

Chinner said:
isn't that just a contrast thing? seems to be a running theme in x360/ps3 videos.

Digital Foundry covered this a while back.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-hdmi

Quote from page 3:

Quite why this happens is something we were uncertain about before a kindly developer clued us in. From what we've learned this week, it appears that this ramping up of the gamma is actually deliberate on Microsoft's part. The actual reason it is in place on the Xbox 360 is because Microsoft believe that it looks better on the average TV.

onken said:
The realtime cutscenes on their own make this the definitive version for me, no question.

No one ever answered my question for earlier about this! Like can you see the RPD outfit in the cutscenes or what? That was really annoying the PS2 version with all those pre-rendered stuff

Magnus

I am literally stunned at how much trophies/achievements mean to so many people. It's like it matters as much (or more?...) than the game now being in HD. Is that what excites people the most about all of these HD Remasters/Ports? The inclusion of trophies/APs? G'damn.

And man, I still can't wait for this. My game time on Tuesday will actually be torn 50:50 between this and Gears, a brand new release. Amazing.

It really should have come out during the quiet summer. There was such a drought (at least, from my point of view), and a lull that could've been filled perfectly with this gem. Now it's going to get trampled on by all the new September releases.

Square Triangle said:
I was just dreaming of something that will never happen- an HD remake of Okami.

I'd suck Capcom's dick so hard.
Funny, that. I remember asking the producer of Okamiden to do just that last year at NY Comic Con. Might not have been the right person to ask, but yeah.

So if RE4HD is based on the Gamecube/Wii versions, then does it reflect the unique costume that you have equipped in the real-time cutscene or is it pre-recorded so you always have default outfits on?

Magnus said:
I am literally stunned at how much trophies/achievements mean to so many people. It's like it matters as much (or more?...) than the game now being in HD. Is that what excites people the most about all of these HD Remasters/Ports? The inclusion of trophies/APs? G'damn.

It's collecting just like anything else. In fact collecting trophies is really fun since it's a leveling system. Achievements are just..numbers. To each their own brah.

Top Bottom