• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

onken said:
Verdugo is easy, just buy the XL case and keep hold of the rocket launcher you find in the castle. Boom.

"IT" takes a lot of bullets on Pro, though.

I ran out of bullets against "IT" on a professional run I did on either Gamecube or PS2 (I don't quite remember). Anyway, I had to use my knife to finish it off and that was intense.

Curufinwe

Napalm_Frank said:
Started my professional run of the RE4 for dat last trophy. Ganados sure make a lot more damage but the start wasn't too hard. Im worried about the bosses and castle part tho, especially Verdugo and later part.

Im gonna go with Red9, TMP, Bolt Action and Striker tune ups and hope I'll manage.

I suggest using a RL on Mendez's second form.

Dreamer RD

Is there Easy mode in EU version of RE4?
Im doing speedruns in US version, but always lose time in castle maze. On easy that area was somehow avoidable (on ps2 at least). So Im curious if EU has it, coz US has not.

So what's the general consensus on Code Veronica?

I never beat CV on the GameCube, a glitch prevented me from retrieving the magnum, so I had no way to beat Alicia, so it remains forever unfinished.

Have a 360...so is CV HD worth it?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Criminal Upper said:
So what's the general consensus on Code Veronica?

I never beat CV on the GameCube, a glitch prevented me from retrieving the magnum, so I had no way to beat Alicia, so it remains forever unfinished.

Have a 360...so is CV HD worth it?

I don't think that was a glitch?
You have to put the empty fire extinguisher in the proper item box.

Anyway, if you haven't played it/finished it, it's worth it.

ULTROS! said:
I don't think that was a glitch?
You have to put the empty fire extinguisher in the proper item box.

Anyway, if you haven't played it/finished it, it's worth it.

Now, I put the fire extinguisher in an item box.

Are you telling me there's a PROPER item box to put it in?

If so, that's some serrriuzzzzzzzz bullshit.

Criminal Upper said:

One that isn't a metal detector box.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
brianjones said:
is the HD port worth getting if i have code veronica X for PS2?

They improved the graphical presentation though, such as changing the ending artwork (see Prime Blue's post) and implementing MT Frameworks (thus heavily improved lighting).

If you like trophies/achievements, you like this game, and want to see these changes, then go for it. :)

Mr_Zombie

Criminal Upper said:

He meant the item box that holds all your items and teleport them to other item boxes ;)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
PLEASE DEPOSIT ANY METALLIC ITEMS YOU HAVE IN THE SECURITY BOX

but don't leave them there

Melchiah

ULTROS! said:
They improved the graphical presentation though, such as changing the ending artwork (see Prime Blue's post) and implementing MT Frameworks (thus heavily improved lighting).

If you like trophies/achievements, you like this game, and want to see these changes, then go for it. :)

When it comes to gameplay it looks fine, but even after hearing about the FMVs I was surprised unpleasantly about how awful they look.
The worst so far has been the FMV after the fight with Nosferatu.
Such a pity.

BTW, wasn't there different control configurations in the original, or am I just remembering it wrong?

ULTROS!

Melchiah said:
When it comes to gameplay it looks fine, but even after hearing about the FMVs I was surprised unpleasantly about how awful they look.
The worst so far has been the FMV after the fight with Nosferatu.
Such a pity.

BTW, wasn't there different control configurations in the original, or am I just remembering it wrong?

Yeah, the problems were the FMVs, they're pretty hideous.

areal

So I got around to buying this last night... and... holy shit, I forgot how good this game is. It still feels so original and the atmosphere is amazing. Looks really good now too. If anyone's on the fence about this, do it.

cvxfreak

areal said:
So I got around to buying this last night... and... holy shit, I forgot how good this game is. It still feels so original and the atmosphere is amazing. Looks really good now too. If anyone's on the fence about this, do it.
...which one? RECVX or RE4? ;)

I'm doing a Pro run right now. The mash square to run from boulder sections are making me rage. I was so relieved when i got past the first one and completely forgot about the second... >_< These mashing QTE's are literally the only thing i hate about the game. It is still as memorable and addictive as my first playthrough on the GC.

Nemesis_

areal said:
Oops. Four. I don't know much about Code Veronica. Worth checking out? You sound like the kind of guy who can give me unbiased advice.

I actually think it's one of the worst mainline Resident Evil titles, but it's still quite good. The story and level design is just a little bit stupid. Well, very stupid. I would recommend it though, they did put a bit more work into CVX more so than RE4.

cvxfreak

areal said:
Oops. Four. I don't know much about Code Veronica. Worth checking out? You sound like the kind of guy who can give me unbiased advice.

Do you like classic Resident Evil gameplay and control? For me, this is what it comes down to... If you can "go back" to the old style, so to speak, then I think you would enjoy it. I think it's one of the most well-crafted original style RE games out there.

Question: how do you save the game in CV? Do we still get the typing by the classic way!!? Or it's now like all the regular PS3 games using the same saving screen?

The Praiseworthy said:
Question: how do you save the game in CV? Do we still get the typing by the classic way!!? Or it's now like all the regular PS3 games using the same saving screen?
typewriter and ink ribbon.

Rolf NB

Does damage done to
IT inside the cages
count for anything? I've bought a rocket launcher in the hopes of one-shotting it, made sure to hit it right in the face first thing. But the fight went on until the very last stage
in that cavern with the twirly path and the gates
anyway. Did I seriously just waste 30k Pesetas?

Melchiah

Nemesis556 said:
I actually think it's one of the worst mainline Resident Evil titles, but it's still quite good. The story and level design is just a little bit stupid. Well, very stupid. I would recommend it though, they did put a bit more work into CVX more so than RE4.

Well, the story is still far better than RE4's. ;)

Mr_Zombie

Rolf NB said:
Does damage done to
IT inside the cages
count for anything? I've bought a rocket launcher in the hopes of one-shotting it, made sure to hit it right in the face first thing. But the fight went on until the very last stage
in that cavern with the twirly path and the gates
anyway. Did I seriously just waste 30k Pesetas?

Yep, I think you just wasted the rocket launcher.

Completed pro run on RE4 ^^. Was actually easier than I expected. I think it gets easier the further you are since Ganados can kill you in 2 hits before you get to increase max hp.

Used RL on Verdugo and IT. Didn't notice any diffirence in Del Lago. Very easy fight. Mendez was also pretty easy with tuned TMP. Salazar was sooooo easy it was just stupid. Magnum and Rifle kill him before he can get any attacks on you if you got reflexes to do the dodge.

Then I got to Krauser and he pretty much raped me hard :D. Didn't really have any healing items at this point so I had to dodge pretty much every attack or he would kill me instantly. Tried first with magnum but he is way too fast to get those stopping leg shots so I had to change strategy. Flame granades->Knifing proved to be much better tactic and finally got him down :3.

First game I got 100% trophies, so shame it doesen't have platinum :<. Now I am sooo burned on RE4 that I don't think I'll play it again for a while. Next up will be CVX. Getting Infinite Launcher should be interesting.

Edit: And whats up with no trophies from AA and friggin Mercenaries!!! Laaaaaaaame!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
jEdWSAoEY5xNy.jpg

Here was my inventory at the end of the game. Probably has to be one of my playthroughs in the mid 20s by now, and I still feel like those are all the best weapons you can have.
TMP is amazing and manual rifle >>> semi come at me bros.

Don't recall getting that much magnum ammo before. I was saving up for a rainy day that never happened.

Magnus

Inventory questions I should probably have asked in 2005:

1. Is there...actually an advantage to keeping yellow herbs separate until you want to use them? I always merge my yellow with a green at the first opportunity (and often reds too). I mean, you may as well have the 'max health increase' from a yellow the very next time you heal up, right?

2. To equip scopes and other weapon addons, you just combine them once, then equip the gun, right? I notice the "E" appears on both the weapon and the scope in my inventory at that point. I'm not missing a step where the scope no longer has to take up 2-4 squares in my inventory, right? I assume it'll always eat up that room.

Papercuts

Speedymanic said:
Combine those herbs, man. O_O

And remind me, what shotty is that?

Haha, I only combine them when I'm out of space. I also already had max health so I didn't really need yellow herbs anymore.

The striker! Easily the best shotgun.

Magnus said:
Inventory questions I should probably have asked in 2005:

1. Is there...actually an advantage to keeping yellow herbs separate until you want to use them? I always merge my yellow with a green at the first opportunity (and often reds too). I mean, you may as well have the 'max health increase' from a yellow the very next time you heal up, right?

2. To equip scopes and other weapon addons, you just combine them once, then equip the gun, right? I notice the "E" appears on both the weapon and the scope in my inventory at that point. I'm not missing a step where the scope no longer has to take up 2-4 squares in my inventory, right? I assume it'll always eat up that room.

You're right on both. No reason to not use yellow herbs, and the item attachments always take up extra space.

Cruzader

Banned
Hmm is RE5 GE on PSN worth getting as a digital version? Always wanted to buy it at like $15 or so Disk version but for $23 for PS+, makes it nice. Im not the biggest RE fan but RE4 is cool. Almost beat it. Im on 5-2 or so.

So worth it or wait for a cheap disk sale? Im not too huge on PS3 DD games yet. (I have lots of PSN games)

Risible

Papercuts said:
jEdWSAoEY5xNy.jpg

Here was my inventory at the end of the game. Probably has to be one of my playthroughs in the mid 20s by now, and I still feel like those are all the best weapons you can have.

Don't recall getting that much magnum ammo before. I was saving up for a rainy day that never happened.

MY EYES! MY EYES!

Straighten that suitcase up my brother. THE HORROR!

edit: let me elaborate - herbs not combined, guns facing all willy-nilly, ammo scattered and not sorted by type, my OCD is screaming right now. :)

Rolf NB

Done and done.
Now if I could just graduate to Pro difficulty with my current inventory ...
I'm not sure I can go back to a shaky 1.0 handgun. Start of the game has always been the hardest part for me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Rolf NB said:
Is the striker automatic or why does it have that funky drum? Never used it once, just curious.

It's got a funky funky drum because the exclusive upgrade is the capacity to hold 100 shells. Don't remember its capacity when you first get it.

Rolf NB

hey_it's_that_dog said:
It's got a funky funky drum because the exclusive upgrade is the capacity to hold 100 shells. Don't remember its capacity when you first get it.
That's a lot of shells!

Pro run going much better than expected. Going to stick it out with punisher/basic shotgun/bolt action/TMP for a while. Already passed the lake. Sold over 10k Ptas worth of fish :)))

gogogow

Papercuts said:
https://i.minus.com/jEdWSAoEY5xNy.jpg[/IMG

Here was my inventory at the end of the game. Probably has to be one of my playthroughs in the mid 20s by now, and I still feel like those are all the best weapons you can have. [spoiler]TMP is amazing and manual rifle >>> semi come at me bros.[/spoiler]
[/QUOTE]
Lol, I would never let my suitcase look like that!
Here's mine, taken a week ago.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/z901m.jpg

Papercuts

Risible said:
MY EYES! MY EYES!

Straighten that suitcase up my brother. THE HORROR!

edit: let me elaborate - herbs not combined, guns facing all willy-nilly, ammo scattered and not sorted by type, my OCD is screaming right now. :)

Haha, I actually fixed it and made it all organized in the castle, but as I picked up stuff it got all fucked up again and I didn't mess with anymore. I like playing tetris with grenades. :p

consoul

I started playing Biohazard: Code Veronica HD which I had installed off the Japanese PS3 disc release, but then I ended up being sent a code from Capcom Europe for the Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD version, so I decided to play that (english-language) version instead.

(Same trophy set, but incompatible save files if anyone is interested.)

The weird thing is, the Japanese Code Veronica install took up about 2.6GB, while the Euro version takes up just under 4.7GB. How can that be? I understand the Euro version might support other Euro languages, but that would only be for text, right? All versions (inc. Japan) have english language audio.

So what could possibly be taking up almost double the HDD space in the Euro release?

cvxfreak

consoul said:
I started playing Biohazard: Code Veronica HD which I had installed off the Japanese PS3 disc release, but then I ended up being sent a code from Capcom Europe for the Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD version, so I decided to play that (english-language) version instead.

(Same trophy set, but incompatible save files if anyone is interested.)

The weird thing is, the Japanese Code Veronica install took up about 2.6GB, while the Euro version takes up just under 4.7GB. How can that be? I understand the Euro version might support other Euro languages, but that would only be for text, right? All versions (inc. Japan) have english language audio.

So what could possibly be taking up almost double the HDD space in the Euro release?

Was there ever a German version of CV that was censored? Maybe both games are included in that package?

consoul

No, as far as I know Code Veronica was never cut for Germany, it was just indexed. I've also heard that the HD version isn't available for download on the German Store/Marketplace anyway, so there'd be little point including a separate censored version.

AEREC

Papercuts said:
jEdWSAoEY5xNy.jpg

Damn...that is painful to look at.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
AEREC said:
Damn...that is painful to look at.

Disorganized case 4 life!

There's too much agreement and love for RE4 in this thread. We need to start infighting and break into factions.

I propose bolt-action vs. semi-auto, TMP vs. Red9, and OCD case organizer vs. laissez-faire case factions.

scitek

gogogow said:
Lol, I would never let my suitcase look like that!
Here's mine, taken a week ago.
http://i.imgur.com/z901m.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of the way my inventory looked at the end of my Impossible run in Dead Space.

[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/deadspace.exe_2011-02-06ew.png

Curufinwe

Anyone bothered to unlock the handcannon yet? I've got 5 stars for all the levels with Leon, but it's hard to find the motivation to keep going.

Top Bottom