• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

bishoptl said:
What do me, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates and Soundgarden lead singer Chris Cornell have in common?

First correct answer gets the beta key.

all three of you can dance really great while drunk?

...may I have it just for being the only one to answer? :D

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
TheJollyCorner said:
all three of you can dance really great while drunk?

...may I have it just for being the only one to answer? :D
That is an acceptable answer. I also would have taken, "all three are huge fans of JP Patches".

Check your PM

Much to my surprise, I received a code tonight as well. I'll definitely be up for some games at around 10:30 tonight (eastern). Feel free to add me, psn id - baphometbones, if you want to totally dominate someone who sucked at the first game.

Teknoman

Guled said:
If I could juggle R2, Fable 2, LBP, Half Life 2, and Far Cry 2 then you should be able to juggle at least 2 games

Seriously. You dont just give away a big time beta test key without at least having the beta first yourself :D

d0g_bear

I want the game to be really special and new when I first play, so I won't be playing the beta. Whoever wants the beta code I just got from Playstation Underground can pm me!

(gogogo!)

I just want to congratulate Insomniac for helping solve a potential incident. A couple weeks ago I read at work in the local paper that an employee from Insomniac contacted local authorities in a town of my home state (Connecticut) regarding some kid making negative comments about a teacher on a message board/chat-room. My guess is it was a Resistance board and a mod/employee found the messages alerting and did the right thing.

Meant to mention it when it was "fresh" but never got around to it. Nice job. Whoever it was should have their own skin in R2 :D .

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet,just got a beta code :D

JB1981 said:
You're out of your mind

Excuse me? I've played hundreds of hours of both. Unreal is far faster in every phase of the game. You're the insane one if you think RFOM is anywhere near Unreal speed... in terms of killing, movement speed, manuevering, anything. And that's the "console" speed... I'll really laugh if you think RFOM approaches the PC spec speed (which is moddable on PS3).

This is the first time I got a beta code from PSU... the terrible thing is that I just came off starting Dead Space... I am not in the frame of mind to switch gears now, you bastards.

mrwilt

moe_81 said:
Yes I just got my beta code. Finally.
Too bad its gonna take me all night to download the beta.

Just received the email with the beta code and I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting for it to download...

I received a code via PS Underground, I would like to know if it is linked to my PSN account? ..if not, then I would gladly give it away to whomever is the first to send me a PM. .

oneHeero

Just played a game and wanted to say GG andycapps, doubt you recognized me, I'm Wise_ I went 27-4 and than got d/c in next round :\ I killed you a few times :p(chicagp in CDN game)

dork

Banned
Is there, or will there be a place to see what is earned with each competitive rank? I know its broken in the beta, but the game itself isn't to far off :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
GAME IS FULL
GAME IS FULL
GAME IS FULL
GAME IS FULL
GAME IS FULL

I was able to play part of 2 games in the past half hour or so. I gained 2 or so levels as a specials op, but was unable to finish either of the 2 games due to disconnects. Couldn't create even one Coop game. I had to attempt to join others and pray that they weren't full and that I didn't get booted.

Ah well, I'm done for the night. Hopefully it'll be working better when I get back Sunday night.

oneHeero

jstevenson said:
Sorry guys, servers just came down for a bit as we're deploying a server update. We'll be back in action soon.
I was wondering why I couldnt get back on. O well, was so much fun playing, carbine is fucken full of win. I suck with marksmen, just like I did with the BR on h3 :(

ezekial45

Banned
I can't get into Co-op for some reason. The game is always full. Even if there are plenty of open spaces.

Also, is anyone else having the connection errors? I got the one that says *disconnected from Network (001800000)* Or something along the lines of that. I couldn't get back online after that.

You can't gain any XP from beta?

Top Bottom