• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Well, I'll agree with the console only part. But it's still SLOOOOOW compared to Unreal/Quake. Slow in every possible respect (if you want fast kills virtually every gun in Unreal is capable of a one hit kill).
That's true but in terms of movement and siming speed I think RFOM isn't that far off. Honestly one of my complaints about RFOM was that there were too many 1 shot death weapons (40mm, tag bomb, Sniper, Laark, shotGun even the arccharger until they nerfed it) Of course every gun in UT could do that, hell you could drop 6-7 guys with one clip of most weapons if you knew what you were doing.

BobTheFork said:
That's true but in terms of movement and siming speed I think RFOM isn't that far off. Honestly one of my complaints about RFOM was that there were too many 1 shot death weapons (40mm, tag bomb, Sniper, Laark, shotGun even the arccharger until they nerfed it) Of course every gun in UT could do that, hell you could drop 6-7 guys with one clip of most weapons if you knew what you were doing.

I just disagree :p You move way slower in RFOM and have fewer options for movement.

emailed sony twice after not recieving my qore episode 3 beta code
this is what i get:

Thank you for writing us.

We are researching this issue and will respond soon with a resolution. Thank you for you patience.

If you have further questions regarding this message and are replying back via email, please refer
to your email case number:

Sophie
Multimedia Representative
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Consumer Services Department

and this

Thank you for writing us.

those that purchased the individual Qore Episode 3 before October 1st are eligable to participate in
the Resistance 2 Beta.

If you have note received you code yet, we ask for your continued patience. You should receive your
email within the next 5 days.

If you have further questions regarding this message and are replying back via email, please refer
to your email case number:

Regards,
Matt D.
Multimedia Representative
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Consumer Services Department
FUCK YOU MATT!!!!

JardeL

Chameleon always stuck between wall and tree in Orick level :( , i have a pic of that but don't know if its ok to post it here ...

Game Results always show 0 points for player ...

I'd like a limit for Medics for 8 player co-op , up to 3 maybe ... So much people play as a medic and that sucks ... Both for team and other medics ...

But I loved the GAME! :D

btw do we have to listen ur barking dog or whining wife/gfs ? come on turn the mic off those timez :lol

Teknoman

EnthusiasTech said:
Chameleon always stuck between wall and tree in Orick level :( , i have a pic of that but don't know if its ok to post it here ...

Game Results always show 0 points for player ...

I'd like a limit for Medics for 8 player co-op , up to 3 maybe ... So much people play as a medic and that sucks ... Both for team and other medics ...

But I loved the GAME! :D

btw do we have to listen ur barking dog or whining wife/gfs ? come on turn the mic off those timez :lol

I just wish people in squads would use headsets for actual teamwork. Also I think Resistance 2 should've been packed with the official Sony headset more than any other game. Not knocking SOCOM, but im sure alot more people will be getting R2 during the holiday season than anything else.

Plus that headset has a mute button.

AndyD said:
This. And the fun thing is they are in such a frenzy to chase each other if you just stand still, they go right by.

I was playing earlier as Humans, and a horde of 10-12 aliens swarmed by at full speed... and then a dozen humans after them. And I was standing on the side of the road...laughing.

Great feeling, its like an actual virtual war :D

ypo

The aiming in R2 feels a little off compared to R1 and the camera movement isn't as smooth as R1 for some reason. And the green shield that the Chimera uses is garish and butt ugly. I think one of the problem is it's too static. There should be some animation on the shield. Fix it :D

Oh and R1 multiplayer actually looks better than the R2 beta :p

Teknoman

ypo said:
The aiming in R2 feels a little off compared to R1 and the camera movement isn't as smooth as R1 for some reason. And the green shield that the Chimera uses is garish and butt ugly. I think one of the problem is it's too static. There should be some animation on the shield. Fix it :D

Oh and R1 multiplayer actually looks better than the R2 beta :p

Well the shields do need a little animation added to them or something. Right now they look like big pieces of plastic.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
so i just checked my email and saw that i could enter the beta, but i realized i only had 5 minutes to sign up before registration closed but i got to sign up just in time:D

G-Bus

Banned
In every single skirmish match I have played, there is always someone who cannot be killed. I see blood coming out of him and exp adding up above, so I'm obviously hitting the bloke. Hell, this one time on Chicago I was on top of a roof with a marksmen. Someone running around on the street so I take some shots at him, he jumps onto an air jet and as he goes up I'm still shooting him, EXP ringing up above. He decides to crouch on the roof behind a little stairwell thingy. I aim directly at his head, unload 2 clips of marksmen fire on him, doesn't die.

Bashed one guy 8 times while 3 other people shot him. He just stood there, contending the beacon.

Teknoman said:
I just wish people in squads would use headsets for actual teamwork. Also I think Resistance 2 should've been packed with the official Sony headset more than any other game. Not knocking SOCOM, but im sure alot more people will be getting R2 during the holiday season than anything else.

Plus that headset has a mute button.

Great feeling, its like an actual virtual war :D

CORRECT. Resistance and Killzone are the big ps3 shooters to throw headsets with.. not remake socom. Too late now though, I suppose... guess I gotta go buy the headset.

Kuroyume

Banned
Costanza said:
PSU just sent me 2 codes. PM me if you still need one.

What the hell? Are you in the K2 beta too? I'm already in the R2 beta, but I'm wondering why the hell PSU never sends me any codes. I've been in G.A.P for years.

Costanza

Banned
Kuroyume said:
What the hell? Are you in the K2 beta too? I'm already in the R2 beta, but I'm wondering why the hell PSU never sends me any codes. I've been in G.A.P for years.
Someone shared KZ2 with me but I've never gotten anything good from PSU before this.

Woohoo just got my PSU code!

Not Qore subscriber or anything, but just signed up on PSU.

19% and I'll see you all online later!

PSN: briguy992

If only I didn't have to ship my PS3 back in a few days since HDMI port is non functional.

JdFoX187

Banned
:lol I preordered the special edition at Gamestop and never got a BETA code. Two weeks before launch and PSU sends me one. Oh well, I'll download it tonight. Have all day off tomorrow, might get online then. :D

Ryu1999

Iced_Eagle said:
Woohoo just got my PSU code!

Not Qore subscriber or anything, but just signed up on PSU.

19% and I'll see you all online later!

PSN: briguy992

If only I didn't have to ship my PS3 back in a few days since HDMI port is non functional.

Got my code just 5 minutes ago :high five:

PSN: Ryu1999

To everyone at Insominiac and SCEA, I'd like to say THANK YOU for giving me the chance to try the open beta. After both my PS3's broke down in the same month I was really torn and upset, but I got an apology for the delays and the first system(Mine) back only 2 days after I sent it in!

Thank, you, thank you, very much. I really appreciate it!

Teknoman

PSU always sends me stuff. The only thing they missed me on was Killzone 2...which I wanted to play, but whatever.

I've got an extra code now, so I guess i'll start looking for people who want in.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
PSN: neojehuty

Playsing LBP now until the beta finish downloading.

edit: I should add that yes I have the official PS headset :D

CrushDance said:
To everyone at Insominiac and SCEA, I'd like to say THANK YOU for giving me the chance to try the open beta. After both my PS3's broke down in the same month I was really torn and upset, but I got an apology for the delays and the first system(Mine) back only 2 days after I sent it in!

Thank, you, thank you, very much. I really appreciate it!

Glad to hear things worked out

Flunkie

Banned
So, apparently Resistance 2 has shipped to retailers. Stealth launch?

These are from Knux0rz on IGN. He works at a video store in Canada..

Insider required: http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/172669330/p1

Knux0rz said:
It's been a good 2 weeks. I scored LBP & Fable II last Friday, and posted pics for proof. R2, even if its a rental copy for now (it's free as an employee), and tomorrow we are expecting Gears of War 2.
It's a rental copy, that's why there's no box or manual.

IMG_9857.jpg

IMG_9859.jpg

IMG_9860.jpg

IMG_9861.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

madmook

Saw the slew of people getting codes in the e-mail, went and checked mine and BAM! Hope to be playing some coop with you peeps later tonight. I will accept any friend requests, I'll probably only play the coop mode once this game releases. PSN id = madmook

Top Bottom