• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
Sorry, but Queeg is on permanent decoy. He's the inventor of the 'rushing medic' technique, where the guy with the lowest health and no shield throws his corpse at the enemy.

Wat! Queegs doesn't even fight anymore. He's always off looking for barrels and making cars explode! :lol

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
Pffft, Me, Efert, Sutdawg, Bob, Kitton, M3, Carek, Queeg wouldn't have been devastated.

I'm still wondering how we're going to do co-op since there are more than 8 guys that played RFoM religiously. I think this is the list:

efertlisdotcom
sutdawg
bobthefork
aeon
kittonwy
hijodellocoroco
bige
m3freak
careksims
spartan
queeg

I know there are euro gaffers that played RFoM a lot and played with the clan for a long time, but the guys above are the ones that played (for a long time) every night. It helps we're all North American. Queeg is Australian, but his massive time zone difference works out for him when we play late (EST).

M3Freak

Banned
Firewire said:
Wat! Queegs doesn't even fight anymore. He's always off looking for barrels and making cars explode! :lol

Ya. That works great when he's the only medic and goes and gets himself killed every three minutes.

andycapps

M3Freak said:
I'm still wondering how we're going to do co-op since there are more than 8 guys that played RFoM religiously. I think this is the list:

efertlisdotcom
sutdawg
bobthefork
aeon
kittonwy
hijodellocoroco
bige
m3freak
careksims
spartan
queeg

I know there are euro gaffers that played RFoM a lot and played with the clan for a long time, but the guys above are the ones that played (for a long time) every night. It helps we're all North American. Queeg is Australian, but his massive time zone difference works out for him when we play late (EST).

I used to play one or two nights a week, don't leave me out! I just have family, work, and other obligations that keep me tied up quite a bit. But yeah, I will definitely want to be a part of the GAF wedge again as well as a GAF list for co-op.

Maggot9

Banned
jstevenson said:
It'll be the final code that ships on the disk (or close to it) but we'll probably use the public beta tuning data and bug spotting to work on a Day 1 patch.

And to be fair, MP isn't going to look as good as SP does. It can't really when you have to deal with the much larger levels, number of models, and number of effects going off. That said, it still looks good... but not as mind-blowing as SP looks.
928377_20080820_screen002.jpg

jstevenson said:
Never know... don't want to promise it because of how crazy things went with the private beta...

That would be sweet if it happened. I had pre-ordered my copy a while back from Amazon since I had a 25 dollar off gift card. I don't think I'm going to get that beta code from them. Letting me back in would be the sweetest incing ever on that cake.

patsu

Maggot9 said:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/232/928377_20080820_screen002.jpg

Have you seen the R2 levels ? One of them is #@$&%$#^ huge (no, not Orick... that's big too but...). I thought it was an MMO. ^_^

Crayon

Maggot9 said:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/232/928377_20080820_screen002.jpg

Awww...

Really, most shots of Resistance 2 mp are just as "good" as the shot you posted here. But it does go to show that kz's art and mood really engage the imagination that much more. To the layman, killzone looks like bigger tits but it's really just a sluttier shirt.

iceatcs

Killzone 2 looks great even on MP but it is long term development on 3D engine.
Insomniac just doing in different way but more output games.

I don't mind if difference graphics for MP as long it is going to have great gameplay esp new kind of FPS MP with 60 players on console.

I'm more single player, this new video gave me great satisfy but I would love to see more real gameplay footage.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
they should totaly do this:
at R3 to defeat chimera, humans create the helghast to fight the chimera off.. and they do
=> killzone 1 starts...

well i like the idea of combined gameworlds.
but this one would totaly not work... meh back to my beer

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love how every time someone posts something about Killzone in here it turns into a comparison thread. Pretty much everyone in here is going to buy both anyway

I like how people can actually die in Co-Op.

Biggest problem I have for Co-Op games is that the challenge isn't there....yeah, it's fun, but it's not difficult. Games like Halo and Gears were notoriously easy on Co-Op.

I like Insomniac's direction for this mode...it'll actually make it worthwhile. I've heard nothing but great things about the Co-Op mode from the Beta...people saying that it was better than even the competitive for them. So I can't wait to play that. I'm also glad that the mode isn't just thrown in there at the last second and was an afterthought.

It's going to be difficult choosing which mode to play first though. I think I will play the game in this order:

1. Beat Single Player.
2. Play through Co-Op once.
3. Start playing competitive/mixing in bouts of Co-Op.

Private Hoffman said:
It's going to be difficult choosing which mode to play first though. I think I will play the game in this order:

1. Beat Single Player.
2. Play through Co-Op once.
3. Start playing competitive/mixing in bouts of Co-Op.

I've thought about that as well myself. I like to play though the SP game first to become acclimated with the weapons. With FROM2 though, I'll already be used to the weapons. Still ... I know I want to play the hell out of the SP and the CO-OP. I guess it's better to have decisions though ehh?

thuway

So the 1up Show season premiere was supposed to be about Resistance 2. I wonder if that plan is still panning out. I just read on their site its supposed to be Monday of next week.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
What's with all the surprise at Hale's voice? Hardcore Resistance fans who didn't watch the outtakes from R1? Wat?

thuway said:
So the 1up Show season premiere was supposed to be about Resistance 2. I wonder if that plan is still panning out. I just read on their site its supposed to be Monday of next week.
They are putting it out today. They are still finishing it up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I know that im a new guy here ,but count me in to play R2 (a lot) , also count me in to play R1 :D

snack said:
No way!!! I hope they have a nice long segment on R2.

I just went back to playing R1 a couple days ago it's a really solid game especially for a launch game. For some reason I also checked out the old 1up show preview of the game because that is what got me stoked on the game in the first place. It's funny watching BryanI interview people at Insomniac and now he's actually working there who would've seen that coming. He was really enthusiastic about the game though even back then.

Az

Crayon said:
Awww...

Really, most shots of Resistance 2 mp are just as "good" as the shot you posted here. But it does go to show that kz's art and mood really engage the imagination that much more. To the layman, killzone looks like bigger tits but it's really just a sluttier shirt.

:lol :lol Thank you sir

But this looks really good... The Co-op feature is really making my dick hard, just have to find some people to start a (mostly likely more) campaign when this comes out.

Day 1

Dante

I'm all R2 and LBP come this November, I will be alternating them every day. I'm actually passing on GOW2 after putting time in with the R2 beta, I simply won't have time for it.

thuway

snack said:
I don't know where you got that information from but here:

The 1UP's Blog
A slight delay
Posted at Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:06:49 PDT

The Season 10 Premiere of The 1UP Show is just about done and we’re sorry to make you wait a little while longer but I promise it’s going to be worth it. This week we’re debuting a brand new intro that Matt’s been working on tirelessly as well as a proper send-off for Shawn Elliot and Jeff Green. It will be awesome.

Thanks for your patience,

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5777866

Trust me, I want R2 footage just as bad as you do.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but there's no Resistance 2 footage on today's 1UP Show.

andycapps

lybertyboy said:
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but there's no Resistance 2 footage on today's 1UP Show.

End fapping. Next week then? (glad the show is back, even if it's not Resistance 2 footage). Is the footage being saved for the 1UP show or is that going to be put up on Gamevideos separately?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
andycapps said:
End fapping. Next week then? (glad the show is back, even if it's not Resistance 2 footage). Is the footage being saved for the 1UP show or is that going to be put up on Gamevideos separately?

Patience my friend. Good things come to those who wait.

Top Bottom