• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

thuway

Joy----q impressions are up:

it still lacked the visual "oomph" to make it a showcase title for the PS3.

While the single-player component plays like a rather unremarkable (but solid) FPS adventure, the online co-op mode has really reinvigorated our interest in the game.

The entire introduction was incredibly polished, but that's not unexpected from a game from Insomniac. Everything about this level was rock solid, but no single aspect of the game really stood out as extraordinary. The next level showcased (Orick, CA) was a bit more ambitious, and it left us excited -- but there was no floor-to-jaw contact here either.

Always ONE editorial that talks shit.

FirewalkR

OMG just got home from dinner and saw a few pics at IGN, and it's looking SO good. :D :D :D :D :D

Gonna download HD video now, for extra awesome. :)

IGN's impressions also seemed very positive, congrats Insomniac. :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jett said:
Looks similiar to those flying things at the end of R1.
Angels didn't have human faces before, did they? The scene gave me the chills either way.

Also, FUCK SONY

I got my PS3 back from repairs today and it froze EVEN MORE than before I sent it in. I hope I'll still be able to enjoy the beta at this rate.

iceatcs

Resistance2Iceland3.gif

More coming, I need fag break.

slider

Wow. I'd promised myself I was only going to look at the screenshots. But then I looked at the Forest. And then the Goliath. Must stop there though... I wanna be surprised when I play it.

Looks fantastic and so very reminiscent of R1 (which is a good thing).

The scale is very impressive. I did try to call that a few days ago. What I forgot to include in that list was the polish.

Rock and roll.

Billen

Banned
Corrupt said:
"I was informed that combined across the traditional multiplayer modes (like Deathmatch) and the squad-based Skirmish mode, there will be more than 70 maps for players to fight across, which could be one of the largest multiplayer experiences ever made."

Oh shi-

Well tickle my buttocks and tell me I'm adopted, this is clearly better than finding out that your wife is also your sister.

70 maps.

maps

This makes Bruce Lee on the C64 look like an old game on an 8bit computer.

Billen

Banned
I have now finished building an altar. All I need now is a code for this or LBP and then I will print your avatar and/or picture from the off topic picture thread and go for some serious worshipping. Might supply pictures.

Awntawn

thuway said:
Fucking J-----. Goddamn I should probably let it go, before I meltdown, but fuck them.
Basically, you know someone's trolling when their whole argument can pretty much be broken down into, "Hold on a second, why are people looking forward to this? It's not 20x better than everything we've ever seen or ever will see in our entire lives!"

dralla

sigh, fucking gamevideos is the shittiest site on the planet. it's so fucking slow and crashes my browser. can someone DL the vids and filefront them.

oooo it looks like they actually added a running animation! yay

and the splicer in multiplayer! yay!

Awntawn said:
No "oomph" whatsoever. Nosiree ;o
To be honest, that section looks incredibly boring. You don't interact with the Goliath at all, it's cordoned off where you can't get close to it, it's entirely scripted, and nothing really happens. All you actually do is run for 100 meters and fight about 10 small guys. The graphics overall look worlds better that R1, but to me the game still has a weird sterility to it... all the enemies just run straight at you, there's almost no interactivity with the environment, and the levels (appear) to be super linear.

Then again, this is just a preview. That section is probably just building up the when you fight the thing later on. And the graphics are fucking great. I guess I love the scale they've achieved with the graphics, I just want to see it put into & affect gameplay.

thuway

blazinglazers said:
To be honest, that section looks incredibly boring. You don't interact with the Goliath at all, it's cordoned off where you can't get close to it, it's entirely scripted, and nothing really happens. All you actually do is run for 100 meters and fight about 10 small guys. The graphics overall look worlds better that R1, but to me the game still has a weird sterility to it... all the enemies just run straight at you, there's almost no interactivity with the environment, and the levels (appear) to be super linear.

Then again, this is just a preview. That section is probably just building up the when you fight the thing later on. And the graphics are fucking great. I guess I love the scale they've achieved with the graphics, I just want to see it put into & affect gameplay.
This is Insomniac.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Well I tried not to get myself hyped up about this game but after watching those new HD video's I'm very excited indeed, looks lurrrvly, the animation on the chimera looks a lot smoother and more natural, was also very impressed at the displacment of the water/liquid when shot at in the 'Bunker Battle' video, every where you look there is great attention to detail in the environment and models, great job guys, now it's just down to gameplay.

I'm not watching too many of the videos to stay away from spoilers, but fear not, my hype is in full force.

I just paid in full for my pre-order of the LE. I'm registered for the open beta and can't wait.

Top Bottom