• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
patsu said:
Good move to stamp out bad rumors fast.
Yeah, five minutes more and ...
KOTAKU
" Ted Price :Insomniac Games going exclusive to XBOX 360 "

FirewalkR

jstevenson said:
Which would make sense because the engine/tools will still be developed in Burbank. ;)

No 360 games from North Carolina. We are still PS3 exclusive.

Good, good.

I look forward to see what Insomniac can do with a 2-year production cycle, one team releasing each year. It's kind of taking what you were doing already (small team pre-producing R2 during R&C development) to the next level.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

andycapps

thuway said:

I highly doubt that given the poster. I suppose at first glance one would wonder why Insomniac is starting up a new studio across the country, and that's probably where he got his worries from. Obviously, as JS said, nothing to see here. It's for PS3 games (I'm hoping PSN games).

DrPirate

Banned
Fersis said:
Yeah, five minutes more and ...
KOTAKU
" Ted Price :Insomniac Games going exclusive to XBOX 360 "
:lol :lol :lol

Finally this thread is becoming fun again.

Jeez, people a couple of pages back really know how to piss on the party.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DrPirate said:

Yeah what happened a couple of pages back is exactly how a hype thread should not be.
But we are back on track, the public BETA should begin soon , and we all are gonna play and talk a lot about that.
(Also Kittonwy is probably is in a comatose state after reading the Uncharted 2 is in development thread)

EktorPR

DrPirate said:

...and they did. Oh well, as long as R2 shuts their collective mouths come Nov. 4, we should be fine. :D

Dante

DrPirate said:

Yeah I had to bail out for a few pages, I hope some new media comes along again, I must have watched the Orick, and Iceland video like 20 times now :lol

BTW Jstevenson, Is the R2 History video released on PSN last week gonna be on the R2 disc at a better compression? The PSN one seems to have some artifacts from compression.

Fersis

Dante said:
Yeah I had to bail out for a few pages, I hope some new media comes along again, I must have watched the Orick, and Iceland video like 20 times now :lol

BTW Jstevenson, Is the R2 History video released on PSN last week gonna be on the R2 disc at a better compression? The PSN one seems to have some artifacts from compression.
By mistake,i downloaded that video in spanish... :D
The video make me remember the awesome history that Resistance have.

Dante

Fersis said:
By mistake,i downloaded that video in spanish... :D
The video make me remember the awesome history that Resistance have.

It's REALLY well done, It'd be a sweet opener to the game after pressing start! :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jstevenson said:
Which would make sense because the engine/tools will still be developed in Burbank. ;)

No 360 games from North Carolina. We are still PS3 exclusive.
OMG YESSSS PS3 EXCLUSIVE I LOVE INSOMNIAC YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

edit: oh stfu about me trolling ps3. give me a goddamn break.

It wasn't a "rumor," it was ME CONJECTURING.

here's another RUMOR for you out there, internets: xbox 360 arcade price drop temporary? sources seem to think so.

Fersis

Y2Kev said:

Calm down dude... Ted Price is all mine !!:lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Dante said:

It's on the Bonus Disc... so it'll be there in all of its HD glory.

LiK

jstevenson said:
It's on the Bonus Disc... so it'll be there in all of its HD glory.

i really enjoyed your appearance on 1up FM this week. btw, that Chimera action figure in the CE better be worth it! ;)

Fersis

A little question:
The button mapping can be configured ? (I like R1 for Fire and R2 for alternate fire)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
A little question:
The button mapping can be configured ? (I like R1 for Fire and R2 for alternate fire)
It can be configured in Resistance 1, not sure about Resistance 2 but I'm pretty sure that R1 is fire and R2 is alternate anyway..

Fersis

RoboPlato said:
It can be configured in Resistance 1, not sure about Resistance 2 but I'm pretty sure that R1 is fire and R2 is alternate anyway..
Nice, i asked this like three times in this thread and no one answered :lol

Nizz

Fersis said:
Nice, i asked this like three times in this thread and no one answered :lol
I wondered about that as well. In Resistance 1 R2 was used to.....oh wait never mind. Had a brain fart. I forgot that now you switch between two weapons, which is triangle I believe? I'd love to know what sprint is mapped to...

Fersis

fps fanatic said:
I wondered about that as well. In Resistance 1 R2 was used to.....oh wait never mind. Had a brain fart. I forgot that now you switch between two weapons, which is triangle I believe? I'd love to know what sprint is mapped to...
Yeah, many folks here played the BETA... so they should know how is the button mapping.

(I dont like the L3 to sprint like COD4, i always feared that my DS3 would break :lol )
(yeah ,i only sprinted to run away from grenades)

Nizz

Fersis said:
Yeah, many folks here played the BETA... so they should know how is the button mapping.

(I dont like the L3 to sprint like COD4, i always feared that my DS3 would break :lol )
(yeah ,i only sprinted to run away from grenades)
I know what you mean about L3 to sprint. I think that right there pretty much killed my Sixaxis. :D I f'ing click the hell out of that left stick with COD 4, and I heard Far Cry 2's sprint is also mapped to L3. I'm gonna have to invest in a couple of DS3's!

Firewire

Banned
So I've finally been able to look at all the new video's and it seems many of my concerns about game play from the private beta have been somewhat addressed. Its a bit hard to tell from video's but the beta will start up again rather soon so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I've got my EB games pre-order beta voucher all setup at Resistance.net (don't forget this guys), I also have Quore episode 3 with an annual subscription set up! I wants to get back in fast! :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ploid 3.0 said:
I thought the Bonus Disk was dvd. D: :D Nice if it's blu ray now.
DVDs can store HD data, just not as much.

\ I'd love to know what sprint is mapped to...
I think I saw L2 pop up for sprint in one of the Iceland videos, if my French isn't failing me.

DrPirate

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
So how come in the latest 1up preview of the game and 1up FM people refer to Nathan Hale as David Hale?

http://www.davidhale.com/

dhale-pic_crop_sm.jpg

Because he's committed to getting you the best price on your house. Duhhh.

Edit:Also: hale (hl)
adj. hal·er, hal·est
Free from infirmity or illness; sound. See Synonyms at healthy.

Mind = Blown

btkadams

AgentOtaku said:
wait....is R2 using L3 for sprint!?

....hope I can remap that shit! =(
um... you can configure it i believe. but the default is tapping L2 once has you run until you fire a shot or stop moving... same as r1?

so is the NDA for the private beta done now? we can talk about it?

Fersis

Maybe the JStevenson bloke could help us here... how is the button mapping ?
Does L3 sprint ?
It is customizable ?

Sorry for my 'spanglish' i dont know how to write 'customizable' :D

btkadams

Fersis said:
Maybe the JStevenson bloke could help us here... how is the button mapping ?
Does L3 sprint ?
It is customizable ?

Sorry for my 'spanglish' i dont know how to write 'customizable' :D
you could configure it in the beta. i tried it but im too scared of breaking/wearing out my L3 button. works much better on L2 trust me, youll be running large distances you dont wanna be holding L3 for that long

Fersis

btkadams said:
you could configure it in the beta. i tried it but im too scared of breaking/wearing out my L3 button. works much better on L2 trust me, youll be running large distances you dont wanna be holding L3 for that long

L2 it is ? Nice ,is how i was gonna map my controller:
R1 : Fire
R2 : Alternate Fire
L1 : Aim
L2 : Sprint

Thanks my good sir btkadams.

Anyone know the chances of getting into the public beta if you were in the private beta? I know JT said that it might happen, but I'm not really counting on it. I have my game pre-ordered at amazon since I had a 25 dollar gift card.

Make it happen Insomniac.
Pretty please with sugar on top

btkadams

Fersis said:
L2 it is ? Nice ,is how i was gonna map my controller:
R1 : Fire
R2 : Alternate Fire
L1 : Aim
L2 : Sprint

Thanks my good sir btkadams.
remember that you tap L2 to sprint. i forget what holding L2 does.

Fersis

btkadams said:
remember that you tap L2 to sprint. i forget what holding L2 does.

In R1, holding L2 is crouch and taping L2 is sprint.

EDIT: I need to learn how to use commas (,) :(

Kittonwy

Banned
Y2Kev said:

here's another RUMOR for you out there, internets: xbox 360 arcade price drop temporary? sources seem to think so.

*stunnerz Y2Kev*
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Fersis said:
Yeah what happened a couple of pages back is exactly how a hype thread should not be.
But we are back on track, the public BETA should begin soon , and we all are gonna play and talk a lot about that.
(Also Kittonwy is probably is in a comatose state after reading the Uncharted 2 is in development thread)

2 IZ IN TEH AIR!!!222!!!
angry.gif

Kuroyume

Banned
I hope I get into the beta. I gave the Resistance demo another shot yesterday and I kind of enjoyed it. The first part of the demo was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrible, but when the mech appeared I began to enjoy it. The second level was pretty good too.

Fersis

So... tomorrow is 'early October' right ? Or we have to wait until next week ?

mintylurb

Y2Kev said:

Shuddap you troll!! Anyway, say hi to your uncle kaz for me.

Top Bottom