• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Slaylock

Got my beta code by preordering from Gamestop yesterday. There was no problem getting one, since I was the only one who had preordered. Not a good sign.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Slaylock said:
Got my beta code by preordering from Gamestop yesterday. There was no problem getting one, since I was the only one who had preordered. Not a good sign.
Did you get the BETA code ? or a code to input on a website so when the BETA begins you will receive the actual BETA code?
(A little hard to follow ...Sorry for my english)

Slaylock

Fersis said:
Did you get the BETA code ? or a code to input on a website so when the BETA begins you will receive the actual BETA code?
(A little hard to follow ...Sorry for my english)
I got an actual beta code.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jstevenson said:
Might want to read that voucher again chief.
Oh,nice i was already screaming in panic.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Jstevenson, how much is there in the way of spoilers is the new cutscene that's going to be on GTTV? It looked like it showed a new area and characters and if it has more story importance than the Orick intro I think I'll skip on it so I can go in fresh.

Fersis

Ok im gonna look like a fool BUT i dont live on US so here i go:
Does Orick exist ? Its an actual town ? Or is only fiction?

Firewire

Banned
Slaylock said:
I got an actual beta code.

Read the instructions on the gamestop voucher, you have to go to resistance.net enter the gamestop voucher code, and when the time comes you get an email with the actual beta code.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
RoboPlato said:
Jstevenson, how much is there in the way of spoilers is the new cutscene that's going to be on GTTV? It looked like it showed a new area and characters and if it has more story importance than the Orick intro I think I'll skip on it so I can go in fresh.

It is somewhat spoilery as it's dialogue heavy... I'm pretty spoiler sensitive though, when I know I want to buy/watch/play something, I pretty much stop looking at new media.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
jstevenson said:
It is somewhat spoilery as it's dialogue heavy... I'm pretty spoiler sensitive though, when I know I want to buy/watch/play something, I pretty much stop looking at new media.
Thanks. Sounds like I'm going on blackout for this one.

Fersis

h3ro said:
Google my friend, google.

This is google.

Wow,its awesome to live on a videogame 'level'
i live on 'Ciudad de Libertad' which in english means : 'Liberty City' and i played a little of GTA IV :D

Slaylock

Firewire said:
Read the instructions on the gamestop voucher, you have to go to resistance.net enter the gamestop voucher code, and when the time comes you get an email with the actual beta code.
That's what I get for not reading the fine print. :( I assumed it was like the Socom beta code.

How are keys being distributed to Qore folks? I've got the year's subscription (yeah, they got me) but I haven't gotten any emails or messages about the beta. Have the keys been released yet?

Firewire

Banned
Union Carbine said:
How are keys being distributed to Qore folks? I've got the year's subscription (yeah, they got me) but I haven't gotten any emails or messages about the beta. Have the keys been released yet?

I keep checking Qore episode 3. In the download section the Resistance 2 beta is still not available to download. I guess when it goes live you will be able to download it right from Qore 3's download center.

I keep checking it every night, waiting for JS to press that launch button!

Firewire said:
I keep checking Qore episode 3. In the download section the Resistance 2 beta is still not available to download. I guess when it goes live you will be able to download it right from Qore 3's download center.
Ah, ok. I guess I'll start checking now and again for it.

Firewire

Banned
Union Carbine said:
Ah, ok. I guess I'll start checking now and again for it.

I'm hoping this is how it will work! I don't know why they would have it in the download section if it didn't work that way, but hopefully JS can confirm this is how it will work for Qore members.

xero273

Firewire said:

I keep checking it every night, waiting for JS to press that launch button!

It could be like the socom qore beta. They email you a beta code and you redeem the code in PSN to download the beta.

OverHeat

« generous god »
xero273 said:
It could be like the socom qore beta. They email you a beta code and you redeem the code in PSN to download the beta.
Screw this I had to send an email to tech support to get my code.

Firewire said:
I'm hoping this is how it will work! I don't know why they would have it in the download section if it didn't work that way, but hopefully JS can confirm this is how it will work for Qore members.
Well, it didn't work that way for SOCOM. I believe i got an email with a code in it. However, that doesn't mean it won't work that way this time around. Short story long: who knows?

Firewire

Banned
JS: Qore members need answers!

Will we get an email or will the beta be available through Qore 3's download center when it becomes available?

____

I just got an Email from PSU saying "participate in the R2 Beta" and it led me to the same sign-in page I filled out about a month ago (on beta.myresistance.net)

and when I filled it out, (for the 3rd time) it tells me they'll notify me by email if i'm chosen.

???

Snipes424

Union Carbine, your avatar scares me... I saw that movie when I was about 8 or 9 and never been quite the same since.

But on topic, d/ling the new podcast now.

Baha

Firewire said:
JS: Qore members need answers!

Will we get an email or will the beta be available through Qore 3's download center when it becomes available?

I thought we'd get an email just like the SOCOM beta.

acm2000

i just got a ps3 and it came with resistance, im not impressed so far, so flat and hasnt aged well, but this sequel looks much better, hopefully there will be a demo and will probably get this sometime before xmas

acm2000 said:
i just got a ps3 and it came with resistance, im not impressed so far, so flat and hasnt aged well, but this sequel looks much better, hopefully there will be a demo and will probably get this sometime before xmas

the game does look sterile, but later stages do look much nicer

patsu

acm2000 said:

Play it on Hard all the way till the end. See if that changes your opinion. Otherwise, can't help you there ^_^

I bought PTOM. It mentioned the "Big Bertha" weapon. Have we seen it yet ?

Dante

acm2000 said:

R1 starts flat but gets ZOMG amazing as you progress, I'd be interested to hear your impressions after a few more hours.

acm2000

Dante said:
R1 starts flat but gets ZOMG amazing as you progress, I'd be interested to hear your impressions after a few more hours.

dunno how far i am, im in the part where you in underground tunnels/barracks, northern command "no way out" i think

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
acm2000 said:

Stick with it bud, it does improve, don't judge the game graphically, that's not it's forte, it's the set-pieces, the quaint towns/villages, chimerian architecture in the later levels that are very impressive, take time out to look around, as you progress through the game not only does the set pieces improve but the level design seems to be more solid, you also start to amass quite a collection of awesome weapons, don't just stick to one weapon, explore them all, the effectiveness of some of them can differentiate quite a bit depending on the enemy you are using it on.

acm2000 said:

It gets so much better. You should stick it out.

Guled

if you bought episode 3 of Qore, you get it a week or so after everyone else. But if you have a Qore subscription, then you get it at the same time as everyone else

McLovin

Guled said:
if you bought episode 3 of Qore, you get it a week or so after everyone else. But if you have a Qore subscription, then you get it at the same time as everyone else
I have a subscription.. so when does everyone else get it?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
it's being worked on, lots of stuff to wrangle, and we wouldn't want to promise a date and not be able to hit it due to whatever various reasons. hopefully soon, but many moving parts.

jstevenson said:
it's being worked on, lots of stuff to wrangle, and we wouldn't want to promise a date and not be able to hit it due to whatever various reasons.

That is the best policy. People went nuts when the SOCOM beta was a week late.

Top Bottom