• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

So did people wear beanies in the 1950s?

Also,the guy with the thick rimmed glasses looks like Pierre Bernard from late night with Conan O'Brien.

brandonh83 said:
Did Gamestop get a limited supply of beta codes or... I mean, when I preordered and paid the game off I didn't get a code, should I go request one? My Gamestop blows at remembering preorder offers, it wouldn't be the first time.

My GS loony handed me my Kratos code for LBP today, but I had to ask for my R2 code. "Oh my bad..." :|

krypt0nian said:
My GS loony handed me my Kratos code for LBP today, but I had to ask for my R2 code. "Oh my bad..." :|

I had to ask for both, GS just gives those things out to whomever asks. If you preorder you really have to stay on top of things to receive your bonuses, and not have it go to some random ass person who was just there the day they came in.

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
Yea it's jarring. In the first game he was mute. Now he's all tough, strangling dudes, leading men and barking out orders.

Wut r u kiddin me?
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
Luckyman said:
The characters look poly starved.

Looks about 20+k at least, which wouldn't be poly-starved at all. You can complain about the textures or the lighting but polygon-wise the main characters seem to receive a healthy amount of polys.
Indifferent2.gif

Joe211

bj00rn_ said:
Cutscenes are obviously not the games' strongest side, especially characters are dry and low poly (Just like another big shooter around...) But with that said, I can't wait another month for the game, it seems tons better than the first game in the series, and I need my space-shooter fix, badly.
you're wrong watch this dev walkout and listen to the guy, these are all in game
This game is going to rock the ps3

edit I forgot the link:p
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40349.html

Nizz

Let's say for some miracle of miracles I get into the beta (I filled out some questions from an e-mail sent to me from Underground), will it be hard to hang in there without a headset? I know communication is key, especially with co-op multiplayer. But before people jump on me and tell me "go buy one", please know that right now I'm between jobs :( I definitely want to get the official Sony headset, and I will get it. But right now I gotta hang in there mic-less. I don't think it should be too bad as long as I'm doing my part (aim at bad guys and shoot :D )...

iceatcs

Wow, it has most pointless nitpicking I've eve seen.

Anyway the cutscenes are great improvement from the first one. Motion-caption, excellent lighting and no more side-show like first one. I do think it will be Shooter of the year because of overall.

I can't wait to play to see how much they've destroyed in US (it is like godsend :p).

fps fanatic said:
Let's say for some miracle of miracles I get into the beta (I filled out some questions from an e-mail sent to me from Underground), will it be hard to hang in there without a headset? I know communication is key, especially with co-op multiplayer. But before people jump on me and tell me "go buy one", please know that right now I'm between jobs :( I definitely want to get the official Sony headset, and I will get it. But right now I gotta hang in there mic-less. I don't think it should be too bad as long as I'm doing my part (aim at bad guys and shoot :D )...
I always don't use voice chat, cos it is pointless for me cos Deaf. I only can shout them but I can't hear them :p
I have no problem playing most MP but sometime I do get boot off from the Clan battles.

Darkpen

Banned
wow, I just saw the time bomb trailer...

hooooooooooooly shit that looked aweeeeeeeesome. Don't tell me that's in game, is it?? Looked way too smooth and pretty.

edit: woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

better than MGS4 and KZ2 confirmed. Holy fuck shit D: D: D: It definitely shows that this is their SECOND PS3 game :D Holy fuck christ. I cannot wait for how PS3 games will look like 2-3 years.

edit2: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, that is some gory ass shit :lol

Resistance 2 just went from "meh, I'll pick it up later" to "oh my god, what am I going to do now?" :lol

Joe211

what I like about these second generation games besides the graphics is that they implement coop for almost every game MS PR , LBP, and Resistance2.
Sony is on the good track I think.

btkadams

Darkpen said:

hooooooooooooly shit that looked aweeeeeeeesome. Don't tell me that's in game, is it?? Looked way too smooth and pretty.

better than MGS4 and KZ2 confirmed. Holy fuck shit D: D: D: It definitely shows that this is their SECOND PS3 game :D Holy fuck christ. I cannot wait for how PS3 games will look like 2-3 years.

edit2: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow, that is some gory ass shit :lol

Resistance 2 just went from "meh, I'll pick it up later" to "oh my god, what am I going to do now?" :lol
i would hope it doesnt say this is their second ps3 game as its actually their 4th..

iceatcs said:
I can't wait to play to see how much they've destroyed in US (it is like godsend :p).

What the hell is this supposed to mean? Not cool if you are saying that the US needs to be destroyed in real life.

Loudninja

Darkpen said:

Link please :D

Nizz

I'm digging the new direction story-wise with this game. The whole tone says "kick ass". I don't need Shakespeare in my games. If the story is deep, I'll welcome it. But it's no deal breaker for me. Only if the dialogue gets really corny is where I'll have some beef with the story. But so far, I like what I'm seeing. :D

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
Wut r u kiddin me?
Indifferent2.gif
what's to kid? he's a completely different character any way you look at it. actually, i guess one could say he wasn't even a character in the first game - just some mute experiment that ran around with cool weapons and had glowing eyes.

if you can't see that, i'd have to say you have to be kidding us

Darkpen

Banned
btkadams said:
i would hope it doesnt say this is their second ps3 game as its actually their 4th..
well no, it'd be their 3rd, but you're right, its not their second.

R1 > R&CF > R2

That extra game doesn't count, since its just an expansion type of deal.

JB1981 said:
what's to kid? he's a completely different character any way you look at it. actually, i guess one could say he wasn't even a character in the first game - just some mute experiment that ran around with cool weapons and had glowing eyes.

Well, Seargant Hale, in the first game, was really more like an infantryman than anything else, since he usually just took orders instead of giving them. This time around, he's on US soil, and since we don't know what kind of developments there've been since the first game outside of the invasion into the US, who knows what's going on.

btkadams

Darkpen said:
well no, it'd be their 3rd, but you're right, its not their second.

R1 > R&CF > R2

That extra game doesn't count, since its just an expansion type of deal.

Well, Seargant Hale, in the first game, was really more like an infantryman than anything else, since he usually just took orders instead of giving them. This time around, he's on US soil, and since we don't know what kind of developments there've been since the first game outside of the invasion into the US, who knows what's going on.
it was labelled as a psn game, not dlc. you dont need ToD to play it. 4 games. ziiiinnnnngggg :lol

McLovin

JB1981 said:

Hale doesn't have long to live.. it would be pretty weird if he stayed a quite like in the first game.

iceatcs

Goldrusher said:
True it's sounds bad. What I'm talking about in the game world since we are in NeoGAF with GD.
Most of other Non-US world get victim in the war gaming like esp WW2. That's what I mean :S

btkadams

iceatcs said:
True it's sounds bad. What I'm talking about in the game world since we are in NeoGAF with GD.
Most of other Non-US world get victim in the war gaming like esp WW2. That's what I mean :S
true, but i mean how many times in movies have we seen new york or L.A. blown to shit by monsters and aliens lol. i hear what you mean though.

iceatcs said:

In the game world. Thats OK. I agree, I have been waiting for a war game on US soil. The way I read it, it sounding like you wanted the US to be War Torn is real life.

btkadams

cjtiger300 said:
In the game world. Thats OK. I agree, I have been waiting for a war game on US soil. The way I read it, it sounding like you wanted the US to be War Torn is real life.
k you're actually coming across a little too intense lol.

i still have questions about r2...

can you play competitive online with 2 local players?
can you use the custom soundtrack feature? (id like to use it for online)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can someone explain to me what they mean by poly starved? N64 games are poly starved. PC games from 1998 are poly starved. Insomniac games have never been poly starved.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I want a happy thread ..i want a happy thread ...i want a happy thread
*Sits on corner and cries.

I want to play this gem,i cant wait any longer , i need my BETA fix !!!!:lol

Ploid 3.0

I signed up for the beta through the resistance site, and the link PSU sent in the email. As a rule, I always accept that I will lose lotteries like that. Enjoy the beta guys.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any source to that 'monday == BETA' thing ?
I was watching this video http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40420.html , maaan ,Ted Price looks reaaaally tired ,poor guy :D

EDIT: I love Ted :D
EDIT2: Guys,look at 3:19 theres like 20 or more grimms on screen, amaaaazing , i want that !

Guled

hey jstevenson and/or BryanI, is the event in Toronto you guys talked about in the podcast the playstation holiday preview event? If so, which one of you guys are going?

BryanI

Guled said:
hey jstevenson and/or BryanI, is the event in Toronto you guys talked about in the podcast the playstation holiday preview event? If so, which one of you guys are going?

jstevenson will be attending.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DMPrince said:
October 15th!

anyways!

i like the new trailer until i saw Hale's Ass. he's missing 10k poly's that should be his round ass.
The real BS is the lack of rag doll physics on nose hair action. No rag doll nose hairs, no buy.

Top Bottom