• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

RavenFox said:
Who told you that?

I'm pretty sure the cutscenes in Resistance 2 aren't real time, but are still in-engine and pre-recorded to help mask load times and all that stuff.

Y2Kev said:
I have no idea. I am needling Bryan.

...Tuesday confirmed!!!

Don't we have people from Kotaku here? Post this as fact and they would have to live up to it!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ill be cut if i dont get in the R2 beta. i dedicated half of my time for resistance, hell ive made about 5 threads regarding Resistance!

and in 3 months time ill be moving to canada with my GF and i can say goodbye to gaming alltogether since she hates me playing them :(

ohh the sacrifices i have to make....

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Tiduz said:
Stop playing with my emotions kev :(
awww
iluvu.jpg

-viper-

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
Ill be cut if i dont get in the R2 beta. i dedicated half of my time for resistance, hell ive made about 5 threads regarding Resistance!

and in 3 months time ill be moving to canada with my GF and i can say goodbye to gaming alltogether since she hates me playing them :(

Pre-order the R2 beta to get a beta code.

Solution to your problems: Play at night with headphones.

Dizzan

MINI Member
TEH-CJ said:

Get rid of her.

My girl is the same. It pisses me off no end but you have to compromise with her.

btkadams

SolidSnakex said:
For annual subscribers it will be, if you only ordered the 3rd episode then you'll get in when it goes into open beta.
wait a second so annual subscribers get in at the same time as everyone else? its just the people who bought the single episode of qore that get it a week late?

btkadams said:
wait a second so annual subscribers get in at the same time as everyone else? its just the people who bought the single episode of qore that get it a week late?

RESISTANCE 2 PUBLIC BETA: Remember—before Resistance 2 invades retail outlets in November, we’ve got the public beta starting this month (exact dates will be announced shortly). The beta gives participants a sneak peek at our competitive multiplayer and online co-op modes. Premiere access will be granted to Qore annual subscribers and those who pre-order Resistance 2 at GameStop, while people who purchase Episode 3 of Qore can participate during the open access period. You can also roll the dice and apply to be part of the beta at http://beta.myresistance.net/apply.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/04/the-psb-socomcom-insomniac-recap/

TEH-CJ said:

Dude, keep playing games. Tell her how important they are to you. If she doesn't get over it, imagine the other stuff in you life she will try to control. Don't give up your games unless you want too.

btkadams

TEH-CJ said:

why are you even dating her if she wont let you do something you like. you fail.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Guled said:
thanks, can't wait. Will you be showing the same things you showed off in New York last week?

Yes, but just the two single-player levels. The beta will be starting soon so journalists can check that out on their own time for MP.

Kuroyume

Banned
RESISTANCE 2 PUBLIC BETA: Remember—before Resistance 2 invades retail outlets in November, we’ve got the public beta starting this month (exact dates will be announced shortly). The beta gives participants a sneak peek at our competitive multiplayer and online co-op modes. Premiere access will be granted to Qore annual subscribers and those who pre-order Resistance 2 at GameStop, while people who purchase Episode 3 of Qore can participate during the open access period. You can also roll the dice and apply to be part of the beta at http://beta.myresistance.net/apply.

1. Qore annual subscribers and GameStop preorders
2. Qore ep 3 buyers
3. Everyone else who has luck with the application page

So, how long before everyone else gets a chance to play? It looks like we have to wait for two other groups to get in first.

Kuroyume said:
2. Qore ep 3 buyers

So, how long before everyone else gets a chance to play? It looks like we have to wait for two other groups to get in first.

Everyone else sounds like it may be random and not anywhere guaranteed. Only way to guarantee access is through option 1 or 2.

FightyF

Banned
h3ro said:
You're better than this...

No he's not, that's all he's good for.

Y2Kev said:
Can someone explain to me what they mean by poly starved? N64 games are poly starved. PC games from 1998 are poly starved. Insomniac games have never been poly starved.

People calling it poly starved don't know what they are talking about.

Kuroyume said:
2. Qore ep 3 buyers

And for those of us in Canada...does GameStop preorders = EB Games preorders?

I've vowed to never preorder a game at EB Games again but will break this rule for the beta.

no email sent yet. I sure hope the beta codes get sent out soon!!!!!!! I guess SOCOM and LBP betas will have to keep me busy for now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So if I put in a preorder code on the register page, that's all that should have happened so far, right? I shouldn't have gotten another email?

Y2Kev said:
So if I put in a preorder code on the register page, that's all that should have happened so far, right? I shouldn't have gotten another email?

With SOCOM the next email came when the beta was out, so I assume this situation is similar.

Y2Kev said:

Your good to go. I assume that the code will come shortly before the beta rolls out. The email should have instructions as well.

Firewire

Banned
FightyF said:

I've vowed to never preorder a game at EB Games again but will break this rule for the beta.
Yeah pre order from EB gets you a code, follow the instructions on the voucher, and you will get the beta invite by email when it comes out.

GamePro will be giving away 500 beta codes tomorrow.

Watch this page on Monday morning because we'll open up the contest page, where you can enter for your chance to win. And as promised, readers and subscribers who hung onto the Resistance 2 August GamePro magazine will have an extra chance to win. More details to come on Monday. Only registered 18-years or older GamePro.com users are eligible to enter and win. New users can register here.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/207340/win-one-of-500-resistance-2-premier-beta-codes/

snack said:
So is this an actual code? Does this mean that we get our beta codes tomorrow through email?

Hope so, but I bet they are the code you put into the registration page. If they are the real codes, that is much better for us!!!!!!! Then again, didn't it take Gamepro like a week to get the LBP Beta codes out?

btkadams

FightyF said:

i believe so. i know that people in canada went to eb and got the kratos promo for preordering littlebigplanet so im assuming that the eb's in canada are also doing to resistance 2 beta codes for preordering. wonder if they have codes still though. RUNNNNN FIGHTYF!!!!!!

SSM25

went to gamestop today and found that the store doesn't have any advertisements for R2, I mean nothing, zero, nada. The game is not even listed on their pre-order catalog. What gives?, I mean I had to ask the clerk to pre-order my copy.

By the way, when are they going to send the keys?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So it looks like I'm going to be missing out on the first days of the beta since I won't be getting my replacement PS3 back until the middle of the week. :(

btkadams

spwolf said:
and 2 weeks after next week, it will be November!!!!!!!!!!
and 1 month after that it will be DECEMBER!!!

i want the beta to start im really interested in seeing the differences between the private beta and the public beta.

-PXG-

SSM25 said:
went to gamestop today and found that the store doesn't have any advertisements for R2, I mean nothing, zero, nada. The game is not even listed on their pre-order catalog. What gives?, I mean I had to ask the clerk to pre-order my copy.

I read about so many ass backward GameStop's on the internet. I guess my store is the only one that has it's shit right. No bias, no "money hats", no fanboys, no Edge card or pre-order hassling. Just people who know stuff about games and do their best to give people what they want.

Anyway, I want my code damnit! :mad:

SSM25 said:

Mine has a poster on the door.

Yeah my local store has a few hanging displays and a poster on the door, pretty much like they had quite a bit of Ratchet promotional stuff last year.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Will this game be in standard AC-3 or DTS ?

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I can't find any info on it.

Spike

FightyF said:

Yes, they have the beta codes in now. I've had mine since Monday. Get out there and get yours because I've been seeing alot of people preorder to get the beta code, and then cancel the preorder.

Top Bottom