• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

acm2000

playing through the first game atm, still waiting for the "omfg the amazing" or whatever, seems like bits of every fps ever, rolled into one, in very flat enviroments, but i will persist until the end, the 2nd looks alot better tho, is there going to be a demo? rather than this bullshit beta testing stuff everyone is doing these days, as this is one of the only games this year on ps3 im after

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GodofWine said:
I just made my first ever Gamestop online pre-order....can I assume they will send an email to me with a code? >_>
Yeah,a code to register to the BETA, when the beta begins ,you will recieve the proper BETA code.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
acm2000 said:
playing through the first game atm, still waiting for the "omfg the amazing" or whatever, seems like bits of every fps ever, rolled into one, in very flat enviroments, but i will persist until the end, the 2nd looks alot better tho, is there going to be a demo? rather than this bullshit beta testing stuff everyone is doing these days, as this is one of the only games this year on ps3 im after

Remember :Its a launch title,the poor chaps at Insomniac didnt even know the final hardware until late in development.

If you wanna be amazed by Insomniac ,play Ratchet And Clan Future: Tools of Destruction

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I can't wait to see how its progressed so far. Chimera don't stand a chance.

Fersis said:
Remember :Its a launch title,the poor chaps at Insomniac didnt even know the final hardware until late in development.

If you wanna be amazed by Insomniac ,play Ratchet And Clan Future: Tools of Destruction

They were talking about the fact that it was a launch title in one of the podcasts (I think it was when they were on the 1up podcast). I played R1 for the first time in July, and thought it was great. I absolutely didn't even think of it being a launch title and am even more impressed now that I remember that. Also, FPS isn't even close to my favorite genre, and I much prefer my FPS on the PC. To me, all of these things counting against Resistance just made me that much more impressed that I really enjoyed the game.

When is the goddamn beta. Can't wait.

acm2000

Fersis said:

R&C doesnt interest me in the slightest, its a boring series, Jax & Daxter is more fun.

acm2000

Elbrain said:
Fucking Blasphemy! :D

meh, i even preferred kameo to r&c:tod :/

of the ps2 "platform adventure" games, i liked J&D, haven, BG&E. never played sly etc tho, not really a "platformer" fan

anyway, back on topic, there is gonna be a demo of this? right?

Trevelyan

Banned
acm2000 said:
meh, i even preferred kameo to r&c:tod :/

of the ps2 "platform adventure" games, i liked J&D, haven, BG&E. never played sly etc tho, not really a "platformer" fan

anyway, back on topic, there is gonna be a demo of this? right?
Probably not with the beta right around the corner.

GodofWine

Septimus said:
It asked you a question when entering the contest? For me it just asked for my personal information and stuff.

Same here....and I gave them all the emails and aliases I have

(Will share any I get with gaffers - I should get a gamestop code)

SetUhatU

Weird - the form is different now - an hour ago it asked the leviathan question. Maybe it is a good sign for those of us who saw the question. :)

DrPirate

Banned
-Naruto- said:
Where i can redeem the first code????

You should have recieved a pamphlet, with a code that says to go register @ register.myresistance.net

Edit:

It looks like this:

IMAG0065-1.jpg

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
real?

http://ps3trophys.com/news/2008-65.htm

Rampage!
Kill 40 hybrids in the Single Player Campaign.

Covert Ops
Collect 5 pieces of Intel in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Recycler
Defeat the Goliath in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Fried Calamari
Defeat the Kraken in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Exterminator
Defeat the Mother Spinner in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Flyswatter
Defeat the Swarm in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: The Bigger They Are
Defeat the Leviathan in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Big Game Hunter
Defeat the Marauder in the Single Player Campaign.

Nowhere to Hide
Tag and kill 30 enemies with the Bullseye in the Single Player Campaign.

Sharpshooter
Get 30 headshots while scoped in with the Fareye or Marksman in the Single Player Campaign.

Explosives Expert
Get 150 kills with the Carbine 40mm, LAARK, or Frag Grenade in the Single Player Campaign.

They Go "Boom"
Get 30 kills with the Magnum secondary fire in the Single Player Campaign.

Pyromaniac
Set 100 enemies of fire with the Bellock Semi-Automic, Air-Fuel Grenade, Spider Grenade, or environmental hazard in the Single Player Campaign.

Spitting Lead
Kill 50 enemies using the Wraith with the force barrier engaged in the Single Player Campaign.

I See You
Kill 50 enemies through solid matter with the Auger in the Single Player Campaign.

Talk To The Hand
Use the Auger force barrier to stop 150 incoming enemy shots in the single player Campaign.

For Close Encounters
Get 10 one-hit head-shot kills with the Shotgun in the Single Player Campaign.

Pincushion
Get 50 kills with the Hedgehog in the Single Player Campaign.

Up Close and Personal
Get 50 melee kills with any weapon in the Single Player Campaign.

Wrecking Machine
Destroy 40 vehicles in the Single Player Campaign.

Mind Your Surroundings
Get 50 indirect kills using explosive objects in levels in the Single Player Campaign.

Salute Me
Achieve the rank of Lieutenant.

Exotic Weapon Collector
Get 20 kills with each weapon in the Single Player Campaign.

Master Spy
Collect all the Intel documents in the Single Player Campaign.

Snipe Hunt
Kill 30 Spinners in the Single Player Campaign.

Xenocide
Kill 1000 enemies in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: R.I.P. Jordan Shepherd
Defeat Daedalus, Complete the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: OMGWTFBBQ
Complete the Single Player Campaign on Superhuman.

Berserker
Use every berserk at least once in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

Point Man
Earn 1 million XP from ranked games in online Competitive mode.

Killing Machine
Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

Specter Recon
Collect 50 pieces of gray tech in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Initiate
Complete 20 missions in the Cooperative Campaign.

Team Player
Complete 5 missions with a full party of 8 in the Cooperative Campaign.

Tour of Duty
Complete one mission on each region in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Officer
Reach max level (35) with one class in the Cooperative Campaign.

Primarch Hunter
Kill 200 Elite Chimerans in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Intel
Collect all Intel in the Cooperative Campaign.

Secret: Platinum Trophy
Obtain all Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophies for Resistance 2™

Fersis

~Devil Trigger~ said:
real?

http://ps3trophys.com/news/2008-65.htm

Rampage!
Kill 40 hybrids in the Single Player Campaign.

Covert Ops
Collect 5 pieces of Intel in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Recycler
Defeat the Goliath in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Fried Calamari
Defeat the Kraken in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Exterminator
Defeat the Mother Spinner in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Flyswatter
Defeat the Swarm in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: The Bigger They Are
Defeat the Leviathan in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: Big Game Hunter
Defeat the Marauder in the Single Player Campaign.

Nowhere to Hide
Tag and kill 30 enemies with the Bullseye in the Single Player Campaign.

Sharpshooter
Get 30 headshots while scoped in with the Fareye or Marksman in the Single Player Campaign.

Explosives Expert
Get 150 kills with the Carbine 40mm, LAARK, or Frag Grenade in the Single Player Campaign.

They Go "Boom"
Get 30 kills with the Magnum secondary fire in the Single Player Campaign.

Pyromaniac
Set 100 enemies of fire with the Bellock Semi-Automic, Air-Fuel Grenade, Spider Grenade, or environmental hazard in the Single Player Campaign.

Spitting Lead
Kill 50 enemies using the Wraith with the force barrier engaged in the Single Player Campaign.

I See You
Kill 50 enemies through solid matter with the Auger in the Single Player Campaign.

Talk To The Hand
Use the Auger force barrier to stop 150 incoming enemy shots in the single player Campaign.

For Close Encounters
Get 10 one-hit head-shot kills with the Shotgun in the Single Player Campaign.

Pincushion
Get 50 kills with the Hedgehog in the Single Player Campaign.

Up Close and Personal
Get 50 melee kills with any weapon in the Single Player Campaign.

Wrecking Machine
Destroy 40 vehicles in the Single Player Campaign.

Mind Your Surroundings
Get 50 indirect kills using explosive objects in levels in the Single Player Campaign.

Salute Me
Achieve the rank of Lieutenant.

Exotic Weapon Collector
Get 20 kills with each weapon in the Single Player Campaign.

Master Spy
Collect all the Intel documents in the Single Player Campaign.

Snipe Hunt
Kill 30 Spinners in the Single Player Campaign.

Xenocide
Kill 1000 enemies in the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: R.I.P. Jordan Shepherd
Defeat Daedalus, Complete the Single Player Campaign.

Secret: OMGWTFBBQ
Complete the Single Player Campaign on Superhuman.

Berserker
Use every berserk at least once in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

Point Man
Earn 1 million XP from ranked games in online Competitive mode.

Killing Machine
Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer.

Specter Recon
Collect 50 pieces of gray tech in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Initiate
Complete 20 missions in the Cooperative Campaign.

Team Player
Complete 5 missions with a full party of 8 in the Cooperative Campaign.

Tour of Duty
Complete one mission on each region in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Officer

Primarch Hunter
Kill 200 Elite Chimerans in the Cooperative Campaign.

Specter Intel
Collect all Intel in the Cooperative Campaign.

Secret: Platinum Trophy
Obtain all Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophies for Resistance 2™

Amazing, im dying for this game... :(

DEFEAT THE KRAKEN!!!!! RAWR
I hope that is the list of trophies, all those co-op and competitive look reasonable.

lvl 35 is the cap on co-op, wow
we have some serious work to do!

Snipes424

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Specter Officer

If it is true then I am glad that level 35 is the level cap, that will take a good chunk of time to accomplish that for just one class let alone 3 classes.

BobTheFork said:
DEFEAT THE KRAKEN!!!!! RAWR
I hope that is the list of trophies, all those co-op and competitive look reasonable.

lvl 35 is the cap on co-op, wow
we have some serious work to do!

So how long is it going to take you to get the Platinum? Under one day, or two?

Snipes424

gamerecks said:

Well to get the level 35 one, unless they increased the exp gained, it's going to take you a couple weeks at least if you play 10 hours a day.

gamerecks said:
Depends on when my fall break from school is lol
It will take some time. 1mil xp wont happen over night.
A week. <.< >.>

joesmokey

SetUhatU said:
Weird - the form is different now - an hour ago it asked the leviathan question. Maybe it is a good sign for those of us who saw the question. :)
Yes it is different now, very weird indeed.

Thanks for the answer, I saw that same page so hopefully that is correct. Hopefully we're in luck considering stupid GamePro never provided an actual link to the contest.

careksims

Yikes! One more month to go! Can't wait! Yeah someone spoiler tag that trophy list! Ugh!

When's the next beta going to start? Hopefully this week?

Trohpies are nice but I hope there are still skill points in game to unlock various other elements. I suppose if there are skill points many of them will be duplicates of the trophies, but I really liked having a list of chapter specific skill objectives to get you to explore each level and rewards you with ingame unlocks.

BeeDog

the_prime_mover said:
Trohpies are nice but I hope there are still skill points in game to unlock various other elements. I suppose if there are skill points many of them will be duplicates of the trophies, but I really liked having a list of chapter specific skill objectives to get you to explore each level and rewards you with ingame unlocks.

Indeed, this is one of my fears. Hopefully jstevenson can confirm/deny that there will be great unlockables like in the older games.

I'm kinda disappointed if it's the final Trophy list, it lacks some hardcore achievements, everything seems very doable and won't offer much replay value since you'll get them all in one or two play trough.

RockmanWhore said:
I'm kinda disappointed if it's the final Trophy list, it lacks some hardcore achievements, everything seems very doable and won't offer much replay value since you'll get them all in one or two play trough.

I don't see how you can make that judgment without playing the game first.

Besides, I like trophies that are similar to the ones in Uncharted. Totally doable, in other words, but not so hard and extreme that it prevents you from actively going after them.

-Naruto-

RockmanWhore said:
What About Multiplayer?????

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BeeDog said:
Indeed, this is one of my fears. Hopefully jstevenson can confirm/deny that there will be great unlockables like in the older games.
I think I remember him saying a long time ago that there will be a lot of unlockables. I know that there are at least the various skins for MP characters and weapons. I expect that most of the trophies will also be like the skill point system that unlock things.

RockmanWhore said:
Only for the single player ones. If you wont some of those multiplayer one's you will have to put in time. Example, we found that in RFOM most good players averaged around 10 kills a game.round (if you play mostly DM and TDM) maybe its different now but I'd say 1000 games played is about that. The 1 million xp should take even longer than that. Getting to lvl 35 in any class on co-op will take allot of time if you don't play co-op all the time.

jmonteiro

RockmanWhore said:

You gotta be kidding me :lol :lol

Even the single player trophies require more than one play through. On my first browse through the list I saw a trophy for beating the game in Superhuman mode and, assuming it's like R1, Superhuman only unlocks after beating the game once.

Then you have the multiplayer trophies and I don't think you can rack up 10k kills in a couple of hours ;)

PS: Also, Superhuman on R1 is VERY hardcore, I couldn't beat it :(

Guled said:
how dose beating the game in the hardest difficulty only nets you a silver trophy, it should be at be gold
at least?
well I think its because they only have so many points to work with so they have to pick and choose. That, and the fact that no matter how hard they ever make that game, it will be easier than allot of the people you will have to fight online. I fight an army of leviathans before I tried to fight BeatBox when he has a sniper rifle and position.

Yeah I was speaking of the SP one, I should have been more specific. I still hope there will be some skillpoints that will ask you to do crazy stuff in the solo campaign though, those trophy are pretty generic, it's still a good thing to encourage the player to test and use properly all the weapons.

AndyD

aka andydumi
BobTheFork said:
Only for the single player ones. If you wont some of those multiplayer one's you will have to put in time. Example, we found that in RFOM most good players averaged around 10 kills a game.round (if you play mostly DM and TDM) maybe its different now but I'd say 1000 games played is about that. The 1 million xp should take even longer than that. Getting to lvl 35 in any class on co-op will take allot of time if you don't play co-op all the time.

This. SP may be easy to get all the trophies, but the MP will kill it I think.

I hope its not like Warhawk where only some .005 percent of players are eligible for Platinum, now a year after release, and they average 1000-1500 hours pf playing. I think Uncharted did it right, require a few playthroughs, one on the hardest difficulty, and some 30-50 hours in the game and then you get your Platinum. More than 50-100 hours required in a game to get your Platinum is probably too much for the average gamer (I am not counting FF style RPGs where one playthrough can be 100 hours).

I wonder if MGS4 and Battlefield will also have ridiculous online requirements to get your Platinum...

I also foresee a lot of "who wants to play coop this weekend" threads popping up to get those trophies.

wotter

Uncharted's trophies were perfect imo, and this list seems doable too (except for a few multiplayer ones, those will take time).

andydumi said:
This. SP may be easy to get all the trophies, but the MP will kill it I think.

I hope its not like Warhawk where only some .005 percent of players are eligible for Platinum, now a year after release, and they average 1000-1500 hours pf playing. I think Uncharted did it right, require a few playthroughs, one on the hardest difficulty, and some 30-50 hours in the game and then you get your Platinum. More than 50-100 hours required in a game to get your Platinum is probably too much for the average gamer (I am not counting FF style RPGs where one playthrough can be 100 hours).
These look much more manageable than WH ones. The problem with WH is that to get the upper ranks you have to pull off insane specific requirments to get going. R2 won't shut anyone out, it will just take time. I was worried they would put that damned 20 kill medal from R1 in there as a trophy for R2. I could never pull it off.

AndyD

aka andydumi
BobTheFork said:
These look much more manageable than WH ones. The problem with WH is that to get the upper ranks you have to pull off insane specific requirments to get going. R2 won't shut anyone out, it will just take time. I was worried they would put that damned 20 kill medal from R1 in there as a trophy for R2. I could never pull it off.

If 10 points was the average in kills, then 10k kills means 1000 games, at an average of some 15-20 minutes, that's 200-400 hours of MP alone? That's quite a bit. And if the exp takes even longer...

People in the beta could probably tell us what the average R2 kill count is, game length and exp gain. Then we could get a good idea.

That said, I am not complaining about R2, it will be fantastic, I was just commenting on the MP trophy tendencies so far in games across the board.

Top Bottom