• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

andydumi said:
If 10 points was the average in kills, then 10k kills means 1000 games, at an average of some 15-20 minutes, that's 200-400 hours of MP alone? That's quite a bit. And if the exp takes even longer...

People in the beta could probably tell us what the average R2 kill count is, game length and exp gain. Then we could get a good idea.

That said, I am not complaining about R2, it will be fantastic, I was just commenting on the MP trophy tendencies so far in games across the board.
15-20 minutes, no no no. The games I was talking about (Dm-TDM) took around 5 - 10 minutes per round. In R1 each 'round' was counted as its own game. The objective based modes of play have far longer rounds and games, but then you can get way more kills in those. but yeah I could see 100 hours being the mark for some people. Honestly in terms on R! I think I had 100 hours clocked in within a month, but thats just me.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
h3ro said:
Damn it, they added a Seriously?! trophy... :/

How the hell is a non-kitten gonna get 10,000 kills...
Im up to the task.

h3ro said:
Damn it, they added a Seriously?! trophy... :/

How the hell is a non-kitten gonna get 10,000 kills...
It's really not that had, and Kittonywy was never a killing machine. He's the guy who goes in and gets killed 20 times in a row just so he can take your base and laugh at you. If DM is a bitch, you can play team games and get kills by defending and working together.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok,i got an idea, i will start crying like SchoolGirl until the BETA stars, this should teach Insomniac Games to not mess with my feelings , i need you Resistance 2 !!!
:lol

womfalcs3

Banned
I had well over 40,000 kills in R1. It doesn't take much... especially if you get 10+ kills per round. Each round was around 10 minutes on average, if you factor in the fact most don't go to the 15-minute time limit.

Loudninja

UPDATE: Unfortunately, due to technical difficulties, we will be forced to delay the opening of the giveaway until Tuesday, October 7th. We expect it will go live that morning (Pacific time). GamePro apologizes for the delay, but we promise it won't cut into your play time -- the Resistance 2 beta is not live yet. Check back tomorrow to sign up (barring any other unforeseen issues, but we think we've got the troubles licked this time!)

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/207340/win-one-of-500-resistance-2-premier-beta-codes/

Fersis

At least we know that the BETA is gonna start after thursday.

Fersis

Guled said:
were are you guys getting thursday from?
Gamepro idiotic stuff :
'Woot, we haz R2 codez to you todayz'
later...
'Teknikal problemz ,we haznt the Betaz til tzurday, wooot,dont worry you are not lozing play time.'

EDIT: Im not in the same Kittonwys kitten speak level, he knows how to talk like a kitten.

Guled

Fersis said:
Gamepro idiotic stuff :
'Woot, we haz R2 codez to you todayz'
later...
'Teknikal problemz ,we haznt the Betaz til tzurday, wooot,dont worry you are not lozing play time.'

EDIT: Im not in the same Kittonwys kitten speak level, he knows how to talk like a kitten.
it says tuesday and I'm sure it won't start tomorrow

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think the "it will only work on NA PS3's" just means you will need a US PSN or that it will check what region your PS3 is and not let you boot the beta?

Fersis

Guled said:
it says tuesday and I'm sure it won't start tomorrow
Oh i see, sorry ,my mistake.
You know, i still forgot which day is which in english.

Nafai1123

Banned
I can't believe that in the past month, I've been able to play 2 of the 3 most anticipated ps3 exclusives for free. I really hope I can get the hat trick!

morlock

Does anyone know if we gets to fight widowmakers in this game?

Those where some awesome fights when on foot. :)

resistance-fall-of-man-20061110064422873.jpg

DrPirate

Banned
morlock said:
Does anyone know if we gets to fight widowmakers in this game?

Those where some awesome fights when on foot. :)

awesomepicture.jpeg[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I even hope they're bigger and faster this time around. Widowmaker's were (along with the elite hybrids) my favorite enemies to fight.

iceatcs

DrPirate said:
I hope so. I even hope they're bigger and faster this time around. Widowmaker's were (along with the elite hybrids) my favorite enemies to fight.
But I hate it white ball poops.

TuxBobble

So, aside from GamePro...have we heard any news on when preorders from GameStop will be getting their codes? My roommate preordered the other day and wanted to know when to expect it. I figured GAF was the place to ask...lol.

Prezhulio

windmakers were big enemies that still had some nonscripted AI, versus what we've seen of the large "scale" bosses in R2. so satisfying killing boss characters in rfom. i'm not saying these epic bosses we've been shown aren't going to be amazing, but i hope (and count on) IG delivering some smart big enemies like the windmakers.

Captain N

TuxBobble said:
So, aside from GamePro...have we heard any news on when preorders from GameStop will be getting their codes? My roommate preordered the other day and wanted to know when to expect it. I figured GAF was the place to ask...lol.

I got my code already..well a little piece of paper with a code, but imagine you're asking for people who pre-ordered online?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Captain N said:
I got my code already..well a little piece of paper with a code, but imagine you're asking for people who pre-ordered online?
You don't have a beta code. You have a code you need to register on MyResistance in order to get a beta code. No one has actual codes yet.

FightyF

Banned
Spike said:
Yes, they have the beta codes in now. I've had mine since Monday. Get out there and get yours because I've been seeing alot of people preorder to get the beta code, and then cancel the preorder.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Yeah, I'll consider cancelling the pre-order. The problem is that they only sometimes get the game on time. Some games I can find earlier at Zellers even. It has a lot to do with East to West coast shipping it seems. For games like, say, Halo, GTA, MGS4 that are distributed well, days before release date, it's not an issue. But regardless, I've been burned too many times for promised release day availability that I'll simply shop somewhere else.

SpudBud

My local gamestop keeps telling me they are out of beta code vouchers. They said they might get more in but it's been about 2 weeks.

I also e-mailed GS and gave them my reserve transaction information and they said they might mail me a voucher.

I preordered the game two months ago but totally forgot out the beta.

Man, I'm not sure what else I could do at this point. :/

FightyF said:
Thanks for the answers guys!

Yeah, I'll consider cancelling the pre-order. The problem is that they only sometimes get the game on time. Some games I can find earlier at Zellers even. It has a lot to do with East to West coast shipping it seems. For games like, say, Halo, GTA, MGS4 that are distributed well, days before release date, it's not an issue. But regardless, I've been burned too many times for promised release day availability that I'll simply shop somewhere else.

This game is street dated if I not mistaken which means they will have them before the Nov 4, but just can't sell them yet

Captain N

The Kraken
looks awesome! I honestly can't wait to play through this game. I'll be in Cali. with my PS3 back in Philly until I get back on the 11th so i won't even really put much time into it the night I get back either. tear

Llyranor

Arg, I might not have access to a computer today. If someone who already has a beta key manages to get an extra one, it'd be well-appreciated! Likewise, I'd return the favor if I ever get an extra one.

I have high hopes for the 8p co-op.

Gibb

RockmanWhore said:
This is very tempting for us european. Play.com have some very intersting price (for exemple in France a PS3 games cost 70€ brand new, in those fishy british online store they cost like 55€, 48€ in the case or R2)

Oh crap... "Items priced in pounds can only be delivered to UK addresses." =(

dino1980

RockmanWhore said:
This is very tempting for us european. Play.com have some very intersting price (for exemple in France a PS3 games cost 70€ brand new, in those fishy british online store they cost like 55€, 48€ in the case or R2)

Im still ordering from VG+. R2 is released in the US 4/11 and in Europe 28/11.

Just pre-ordered from play to make sure i get access to the beta, will just cancel my order after i have it. I will be picking up the game but not from play, gonna look around first to see who has the best deal.

Firewire

Banned
Llyranor said:
I have high hopes for the 8p co-op.
You will be amazed by the co-op, and if Insomniac has managed to improve it even more since the private beta, then please have 911 on you're speed dial, you just might need it!

Gibb said:
Oh crap... "Items priced in pounds can only be delivered to UK addresses." =(

Hit the little European flag at the top of the page to change the price to Euros, then you can buy it. :)

I'm thinking about switching my CE pre-order from GS to VGP, because they're cheaper and I've had good dealings with them in the past. I'm a little concerned about how the CE would look with two languages on it.

Top Bottom