• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Firewire said:
You will be amazed by the co-op, and if Insomniac has managed to improve it even more since the private beta, then please have 911 on you're speed dial, you just might need it!
It's so badass that I can see Insomniac releasing co-op only DLC in the future. Seriously, it was easiely the best part of the beta, and it wasn't even finished. The best part is when everyone is playing well and getting smug, then enemies spawn on both sides of the groups, and noone know which side to hit and it turns into choas

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Co-op is what I'm really looking forward to trying in the beta. It's so awesome of Insomniac to include it in the beta since it also gives a taste of the campaign settings. Anyone know how many co-op missions there were in the private beta? Was it just Orick?

RoboPlato said:
Co-op is what I'm really looking forward to trying in the beta. It's so awesome of Insomniac to include it in the beta since it also gives a taste of the campaign settings. Anyone know how many co-op missions there were in the private beta? Was it just Orick?
Just one 'map' but it's different every time. I'm not exactly sure how they handle it, but say there are a totaly of 20 possible objectives a co-op team can do in Orick. You play 10-12 of them each times, so they change which ones you do, and often what order you so them in every time you play. It really keeps it from getting old.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BobTheFork said:
Just one 'map' but it's different every time. I'm not exactly sure how they handle it, but say there are a totaly of 20 possible objectives a co-op team can do in Orick. You play 10-12 of them each times, so they change which ones you do, and often what order you so them in every time you play. It really keeps it from getting old.
Yeah the randomization and scaling is what sounds so impressive about it. Even if there are around 5 co-op regions it will likely be very replayable.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
It's so badass that I can see Insomniac releasing co-op only DLC in the future. Seriously, it was easiely the best part of the beta, and it wasn't even finished. The best part is when everyone is playing well and getting smug, then enemies spawn on both sides of the groups, and noone know which side to hit and it turns into choas

It was seriously awesome, and the chaos from being surrounded was fantastic! Co-op specific DLC would be great!

RoboPlato said:
Yeah the randomization and scaling is what sounds so impressive about it. Even if there are around 5 co-op regions it will likely be very replayable.
Very. In the beta, the only things of issue were the A.I. (only because it was turned off for many enemies) and the scaling(they needed to ramp up the difficulty more for 8 people)
I'm interested to see where they take it because allot of us in the beta are expecting co-op to be HARD as nails and I think it should be. You can't just plow a level with 8 people, you will need to be on your game, be able to communicate with each other, and stay frosty.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BobTheFork said:
Very. In the beta, the only things of issue were the A.I. (only because it was turned off for many enemies) and the scaling(they needed to ramp up the difficulty more for 8 people)
I'm interested to see where they take it because allot of us in the beta are expecting co-op to be HARD as nails and I think it should be. You can't just plow a level with 8 people, you will need to be on your game, be able to communicate with each other, and stay frosty.
Good to hear it'll likely be hard. Most games it annoy me when the difficulty is really high for no apparent reason but Resistance 1 felt so rewarding because of the difficulty level.

AndyD

aka andydumi
is the 8 player coop drop in out? I guess what I am asking is whether the campaign is broken into chapters/levels that can be completed with different parties of 8 every time?

andycapps

andydumi said:
is the 8 player coop drop in out? I guess what I am asking is whether the campaign is broken into chapters/levels that can be completed with different parties of 8 every time?

Yes, meaning that people can drop in and out when your game is in progress.

And to Bob regarding the difficulty, I agree for the most part, but occasionally the game would get difficult when you'd be going up against steelheads that were charging from 3 different directions. That's about it. But yeah, I think it's going to be pretty tough in the full game. It was definitely getting there only at the private beta stage.

M3Freak

Banned
BobTheFork said:

I think a couple of the guys in the NeoGAF R2 clan, cough::queeg::cough, should take heed. All he did was rush EVERYTHING and die, even when he was the only medic. This would make the rest of us scatter so that we wouldn't all die and lose the game.

I will say though the rushing tactic was funny as hell. :D

andycapps said:
Yes, meaning that people can drop in and out when your game is in progress.

And to Bob regarding the difficulty, I agree for the most part, but occasionally the game would get difficult when you'd be going up against steelheads that were charging from 3 different directions. That's about it. But yeah, I think it's going to be pretty tough in the full game. It was definitely getting there only at the private beta stage.
True, the places where you had to fight off spawning waves, or got a group of steelheads spawning into a small building with you were brutal. The hardest part it seems is functioning as a unit in a small area.

Firewire

Banned
BobTheFork said:
True, the places where you had to fight off spawning waves, or got a group of steelheads spawning into a small building with you were brutal. The hardest part it seems is functioning as a unit in a small area.

None of that bothered me at all. It was those damn laser beams! I hate those things!

Firewire said:
None of that bothered me at all. It was those damn laser beams! I hate those things!
lol They would all lock onto you and the rest of us ran like rabbits, went exactly went wrong? Those spawning grounds I thought gave the groups trouble; we always had a few people out too far and they would get cutoff from us.

M3: Queeg died so much I decided to start referring to 'frags' as 'queegs'. I can't wait for my 20 queeg medal.

Tiduz said:
oh hai guyz, did a new video come in the last day or 2? i feel like i missed something.
well the trophy list is up (which some think is a bit spoilery)
and apparently video of the
Kraken
went up but I'm not watching any more vids or playing the public beta before launch. I'm ready now and I want surprises.

BobTheFork said:
well the trophy list is up (which some think is a bit spoilery)
and apparently video of the
Kraken
went up but I'm not watching any more vids or playing the public beta before launch. I'm ready now and I want surprises.

you got a link to that vid?

Aw **** looks like I'm mistaken. There was a new video posted that I didn't watch and then someone mentioned how cool the Kraken looked. They were walking about the Art that was posted, not the video. oops :/

BeeDog

I know this is a retarded question, but since I'm so unsure, I'll ask:

There is absolutely NO difference between the UK version and the other versions in Europe (like for example, the Swedish), right? No multiplayer/DLC differences etc.?

If no, I'll just preorder the game from play.com to have it rest alongside my Motorstorm 2 preorder. :D

A Sony representative has informed GamePro that the Resistance 2 beta will only work on North American PS3s (Canada and the US). If you're based in anywhere other than North America, these beta codes won't work on your PS3!

;_;

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
<Sarcasm>
Is soo cool to live in South America, so cool
</Sarcasm>
This suck, hope you guys enjoy the beta, ;_;

Llyranor

Well, I went and preordered the game earlier today (to test out the beta and see how much I actually like the game). Will share the extra key if I win one.

leehom

What's the answer to the bonus question?

On GamePro's August Resistance 2 issue, what page is the Leviathan first mentioned? (Optional: get it right for an extra entry!)

NICE. I go into Gamestop to ask about the preorder beta code. Said I'd get the code in an email. Then I started thinking, but, I've never given Gamestop my email. So I asked about that and he's like well let me see if I have your email in our system.

Nope! Then I gave it to him. So now I'm wondering if I'll even get a code.

Dante

brandonh83 said:
NICE. I go into Gamestop to ask about the preorder beta code. Said I'd get the code in an email. Then I started thinking, but, I've never given Gamestop my email. So I asked about that and he's like well let me see if I have your email in our system.

Nope! Then I gave it to him. So now I'm wondering if I'll even get a code.

You get a code from GS that you enter into myresistance, then they send you the actual beta code to your email.

Dante said:
You get a code from GS that you enter into myresistance, then they send you the actual beta code to your email.

I thought so. When I asked about it they told me otherwise and I didn't feel like arguing. Which means that even if I tell them this, they won't know what I'm talking about.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Private Hoffman said:
The lack of beta details is ridiculous...do they honestly not have a date yet? Are they playing it day by day?
I think that they didn't want to give a date because they're still sorting things out. I'm sure it'll be here by the end of the week, considering that there is less than a month until the game comes out.

Private Hoffman said:
The lack of beta details is ridiculous...do they honestly not have a date yet? Are they playing it day by day?

They probably have an idea, but they aren't going to announce it until they know that there aren't going to be any hang ups. The SOCOM beta was delayed days before it was scheduled to be released so Insomniac obviously doesn't want that to happen with R2.

Hell, I hit enter before I had all of the info in, lol. I had my email in so it will not let me enter with all of the proper info. Oh well, I will be code for pre ordering anyways.

Also, come on with the damn beta already!!!!!!!!

Guled

just got back from playing Resistance 2, let me say this game is really awesome. All the haters earlier in the thread will eat crow when it comes out. I'll post my impressions in a bit so hold up. Also, apprently the coop mode lasts longer then the single player (should take you 15 hours), plus it has a ton of replay value. By far the most anticipated part of the game

Sean

Banned
I pre-ordered this at Gamestop today (standard version), that guarantees me a spot in the beta, correct?

The guy there never even asked for my email address or anything, I had to tell him... He better not have screwed me.

Guled

Sean said:
I pre-ordered this at Gamestop today (standard version), that guarantees me a spot in the beta, correct?

The guy there never even asked for my email address or anything, I had to tell him... He better not have screwed me.
you need to get a voucher with a code on it. If you didn't get it then go back to your store and demand it.

Sean

Banned
Guled said:
you need to get a voucher with a code on it. If you didn't get it then go back to your store and demand it.

Fucking hell, you serious? :(

Guess I should've asked you guys in this thread before doing it. On the product page they make it seem like it gets sent via email. "Store Customers: Please provide a valid email address at time of reservation." , said nothing about a voucher there...

Guess I'll go back this week.

Top Bottom