• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

My friend is having problems with the Beta. he hasn't been able to connect or create a game. He tried it yesterday. and just tried it again today and still no go.

any help?

He's from Puerto Rico If that helps anything ;P

Cheech

Aeon712 said:
input the code using the controller, when I used a keyboard with caps on it didn't work. I used the controller with lower case letters and it worked >_<. So it's worth a try.

JS still waiting to know if classic controls will be included.

Not sure what you mean by "classic" controls, the controls are fully customizable. Every single button on the controller can be assigned. This made me very happy.

Sean

Banned
r2betainvalidcb74b.JPG

what the fuck... :|

Gbeav said:
Guns are too big and take up too much room on the screen.

Yea, there's something Haloish about the way this game looks (in comparison to R1). I noticed that as soon as I played my first match. It feels a bit claustrophobic. I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough.

Gbeav

Banned
I've got a dumb question, how do you heal people as a medic. I'm using my primary and 2nd fire and they don't seem to heal anyone.

Thanks

GodofWine

Alidar said:
The good news is that I just got my beta code, through GameStop. The bad news? The code doesn't work. Sigh. And on a Friday night...

F**K....me too...whats up with that....what a shit...hopefully the email came out before the code was authorized or something....

Wollan

How does offline two-player co-op work actually? Online you need the trinity to survive.
How do you get ammo and healing while plowing forward with a tank?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'll be on later. Sorry, AR, I got a little work to do right now. But I'll be on for a while later.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Wollan said:
How does offline two-player co-op work actually? Online you need the trinity to survive.
Unlike the closed beta, enemies now drop ammo.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Working on ensuring those Gamestop codes start working. Sorry, we got pulled into a mandatory meeting and our entire team just got back and is now looking into this.

JB1981

I gotta say I'm pretty damn impressed with competitive multi.
I do not like the changes they've made to Carbine iron sight aiming tho :(
And they've really slowed down the firing rate of the Auger.

The new sound fx are fucking awesome tho!

chimster

jstevenson said:
Working on ensuring those Gamestop codes start working. Sorry, we got pulled into a mandatory meeting and our entire team just got back and is now looking into this.

thanks a lot, works now :D

GodofWine

jstevenson said:
Just FYI, those Gamestop codes are now activated. Make sure you use Account Management to redeem.

You guys are awesome....but before you get too comfortable...let me go see if it works!!:lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
jstevenson said:

Mandatory meeting?

You guys didn't quote the Qur'an did you?

Somnia

jstevenson said:
Just FYI, those Gamestop codes are now activated. Make sure you use Account Management to redeem.

BTW JS I had a working code, but I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate how much you help the community and look out for us :D

jstevenson said:

any word on why my friend can't connect to any game or create? is it related to his system or server? [He's playing warhawk though] so server problem? ;o

i can pm his PSN ID if you need it ;o

Axis said:
its like youre in my head

:lol

Btw,

I had an issue downloading the beta. It has nothing to do with Insomniac Games. I think it has more to do with the Firmware update. I had set my controller to power-save mode. I started downloading the Beta and after it reached 4% I decided to go and grab some food. 10 minutes later, i came back and the controller was off as it's suppose to be. I turned it on and checked the download... hmm, weird, my PS3 was slow like hell. I checked and the download was stuck on 14%. The download was going at approximately 1% a minute so it makes sense being at 14% after the controller's power-save kicked in.

"Maybe my internet isn't working". Nope, it was.
"Let me sign into a different account and see if it still is downloading". Decided to change account and PS3 got stuck for two minutes before it processed. I checked the HDD light and it was frozen during that two minute process. I decided to download something else and it was working (PS3 was still acting weird on me). I paused the Resistance demo and weirdly the PS3 was normal.

Cancelled the download and started redownloading and now everything is fine. I turned off power-save mode in the controller and will experiment with it and downloading later :)

I'm playing at the moment. Co-op is awesome. I love the XP system. The community features are probably the best I've seen in a ps3 game. I'm very impressed.

My PSN is Ninja_Kn1ght, feel free to add me.

JB1981

after you receive a party invite, do you have to reply to the xmb message? i can't join by clicking on the friend who sent the invite ......

Awntawn

Wollan said:
I've done it without Soldiers easily. However, Medic and Spec Ops are absolutely vital.

I think I need to get a new headset with a longer battery life. I had to stop playing because the charge ran out D;

Madman

Just saw a R2 commercial. It was pretty crazy. I thought it was really cool. I'd describe it, but I don't think I could really explain it properly. I think it was about a minute long.

Top Bottom