• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

GodofWine

Llyranor said:
Did anyone NOT get their code (via Gamespot preorder) yet? I haven't :(

I was at a conference all day thinking I would get home and have it....NO...sad man I am...where for art though code??? (Gamestop)

LBP delayed too...sad sad mf'in' man

GodofWine

nickslicl said:
I just picked up a code from GS. I registered & am d/ling now. Super easy.

How the hell are people getting codes, registering it immediatley and getting emails with beta codes right away....ARRRRRHHGHGHGHGHGH ...so angry....MY WIFE IS OUT OF THE HOUSE TILL TOMORROW....I COULD SO BE GETTING OWNED RIGHT NOW IN R2!!!!!:lol

..going to gym..focusing this anger on some steel plates

Llyranor

http://www.myresistance.net/smf/index.php?topic=80607.0
All Premiere Access Codes have been sent out

If you have not received a code - and believe this is in error (due to pre-ordering or being a Qore Subscriber) - please contact Sony Customer Support.

Insomniac does not have codes. Sony generates and distributes the codes, and you must speak with them.

Thanks,
JS

I entered my preorder code in Gamespot’s site and didn’t get a beta code’ - I’ll need to confirm, but you should be in for the second wave. We had to cut off adding people to wave one last week to generate the list of names. Sorry.
What the freak, Sony? What the freak?

Wax Free Vanilla said:
the more i play resistance 2, the more i want killzone 2.

the r2 beta is all sorts of meh!

in guerrilla games - sony backed the right developer for their flagship shooter.

ahuahuahuahuahuahua! :lol

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Actually - I just posted an update. Apparently not all the Gamestop codes have gone out.

Several thousand more are scheduled to go out before EOD.

There are also some that need to go to people with AOL and Comcast e-mail addresses. Unfortunately this isn't going to be able to happen until Monday. If you're effected by that, please PM me.

jmd494

Getting an annoying error...I'm properly signed into the PSN (i.e. can see my friends list)...but when I try to find a game in R2, I get the following error:

Network Connection Failed. Disconnecting from network. (00180000)

Am I the only one?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Justin Dailey said:
Getting an annoying error...I'm properly signed into the PSN (i.e. can see my friends list)...but when I try to find a game in R2, I get the following error:

Am I the only one?

Servers are being rebooted

Justin Dailey said:

Am I the only one?

Servers are being rebooted again, give it a few minutes.

Axis

jstevenson said:
Actually - I just posted an update. Apparently not all the Gamestop codes have gone out.

There are also some that need to go to people with AOL and Comcast e-mail addresses. Unfortunately this isn't going to be able to happen until Monday. If you're effected by that, please PM me.
ok seriously....i preordered and picked up my code over a month ago....registered it 3 weeks or so ago....how in the FUCK do i not have a code?

Wollan said:
So for those who played the previous beta, there are noticeable changes?

Oh yes, definitely. Compared to this, there was basically no hit detection in the private beta. It was a very, very early build. This feels near-complete, if not final.

Snipes424

Wollan said:
So for those who played the previous beta, there are noticeable changes?

Yeah, the marksman changed (for the better IMO), it use to fire single shots, now it fires burst. It is my favorite weapon

Shotgun shoots faster I think, which is good because it wasn't that useful in closed beta (at least for me).

Co-op got a tad bit harder, I think it's because the AI is better now.

Graphics are a lot better, especially San Francisco.

Cap level in co op was 6, now it's 30. You also get your secondary weapon a lot sooner now.

They also have gear your can equip for your co-op classes that give you certain effects and stat boosts, like quicker reload time, increased healing capacity, etc.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Snipes424 said:
Yeah, the marksman changed (for the better IMO), it use to fire single shots, now it fires burst. It is my favorite weapon

Shotgun shoots faster I think, which is good because it wasn't that useful in closed beta (at least for me).

Co-op got a tad bit harder, I think it's because the AI is better now.

Graphics are a lot better, especially San Francisco.

Cap level in co op was 6, now it's 30. You also get your secondary weapon a lot sooner now.

Well, it's 10 in the beta. 30 in the final game. :)

I had a real good time today at Gaming Invasion in Toronto. The only new game i tried out (again) was Resistance 2 and this time, i had full surround sound speakers. Holy shit! Fucking insane!

Like last week, I will keep spoilers to myself (Sorry if i offended anyone with it). I messed around with the menus a bit, unlocked a trophy or two, messed around with intel etc etc. I am not going to spoil anything so all i can say is that there is ALOT in stored for us!

I really can't wait! :D

I also didn't know that Amazon and Best Buy are giving away two separate and exclusive skins for MP, so pre-order it there if you haven't yet!

JB1981

Posted this in the online thread, figured I'd post it here too.

PSN Beamber

I'll be on all night after a shower and some dinner.

Add me!

Aeon712 said:
Will there be an option for classic controls?

The controls are pretty classic from what I have played. Controls feels VERY comfortable. I made my non-gamer friend play it and he picked the controls up within 2 minutes. The only trouble he had was recognizing Alternate Fire and Primary Fire (once again, he ain't an FPS player so those terms were new to him).

Guled

wow, I am amazed. You have really out done yourself Insomniac. Sorry MGS4 and LBP, this will most likely be my GOTY. Coop is really amazing, nothing else like this has been done before.

Man JS, I dunno how you put up with half the people on MyRes. :lol

So many people complaining about the game who want it to be just like the first.

I was a little offset by the private beta but I always knew you'd do what's best for the game; this is a huge improvement over the private beta and the first game. Props for making yet another consecutive high quality game.

kurahadol

I only played a quick two rounds but I can't seem to figure out how to sprint or go into berserk mode. What kind of ridiculous mistake am I making?

RobertM

Co-op is great considering teamwork and class system. Multiplayer on the other hand is a bit so so. Some improvements over R1, but spawning and some weapon damage kind of sucks.

jstevenson said:

Thanks for the update. I really hope I get mine soonish. It sucks having my friend constantly taunting me via text saying how awesome the game is when he knows i'm still waiting on my key.

Snipes424

kurahadol said:
I only played a quick two rounds but I can't seem to figure out how to sprint or go into berserk mode. What kind of ridiculous mistake am I making?

HOLD L2 to sprint.

For berserk, you have to wait till your XP meter is full (it's on the right side of the UI) and then you press down on the d-pad (or it might be up, can't remember).

Cheech

I got past the menu screen, but now it tells me "Error Creating Game", and searching doesn't turn up any active games. Hmm.

kurahadol

There's my mistake, was used to the simple tap from R1. Was pretty chaotic in a 60 man TDM but was fun none the less. Can't wait to give co-op a shot.

RobertM said:
Co-op is great considering teamwork and class system. Multiplayer on the other hand is a bit so so. Some improvements over R1, but spawning and some weapon damage kind of sucks.

Agreed.

I love co-op, but don't see myself playing the multiplayer much.

More players doesn't make the game better, and the core gunplay mechanics just don't feel very solid. I much prefer KZ2's mp to this.

Guled

I don't know if its just me, but after a while of playing multi, the game freezes and I have to restart my PS3. This only happens with mutliplayer and not coop

Guled said:
I don't know if its just me, but after a while of playing multi, the game freezes and I have to restart my PS3. This only happens with mutliplayer and not coop

The game randomly freezes on me when I load up the XMB sometimes.

It won't load anything from the XMB and then it finally freezes.

Guled

Private Hoffman said:
The game randomly freezes on me when I load up the XMB sometimes.

It won't load anything from the XMB and then it finally freezes.
for me it happen randomly, the XMB work fine for me

chimster said:
I just got my code from gamestop but it says its invalid, help?

I double triple checked :(

I was just coming to post the same problem. I've been waiting for long for this and I finally get my code but it keeps telling me it's either wrong or no longer valid. Jstevenson, help us please!

Norml

The new video is awesome.

a4aihy.png

30lf9de.png

s5b8s0.png

Cheech

So, I guess XP is shut off right now or something? I just played 3 rounds, and while the XP was totalling in-game, when it ended it gave me 0 XP.

Aeon712

chimster said:
I just got my code from gamestop but it says its invalid, help?

I double triple checked :(
input the code using the controller, when I used a keyboard with caps on it didn't work. I used the controller with lower case letters and it worked >_<. So it's worth a try.

JS still waiting to know if classic controls will be included.

Alidar

Neo Member
The good news is that I just got my beta code, through GameStop. The bad news? The code doesn't work. Sigh. And on a Friday night...

chimster

Aeon712 said:
input the code using the controller, when I used a keyboard with caps on it didn't work. I used the controller with lower case letters and it worked >_<. So it's worth a try.

JS still waiting to know if classic controls will be included.

Just tried again and it didn't work. Well at least I'm not the only one with the problem

Top Bottom