• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance: Fall of Man - The Official Thread

ijm72

I just got my ps3 friday and I am picking up resistance tomorrow morning. I dont have many friends with a ps3 yet so I would like to play with gaf. My psn name is younghov72 if anybody wants to add me. I will probably try to beat the game first before I jump online.

Remy

theBishop said:
what's your nick?

It's RemyVJA. You did send me a friends invite. :p

Just as a word to the new players: from my experience playing in GAF nights over the last week, the easiest way to get invited into the parties is to be a part of the clan. As nice as it would be, it's nearly impossible for everyone to add everyone else as friends; it's much easier for whoever's running the party to hit the clan tab and just add everyone who's online.

So, send kaching a message and get a clan invite; then you're much more likely to get picked up when we get parties going.

Also: When we're playing Ranked Team games, switch your squad to Tango (you can do this in the Staging screen by hitting triangle, or you can do it in game by pausing and then going to Options). This way you don't have to hit L3 to voice chat, and in game modes other than DM, you can choose to spawn near the squad.

Big-E

GG to everyone who played tonight. I wish my mic wasn't screwed up. The talk button dosent seem to work for me. My mic seems to randomly turn on when im talking through it but its still spotty. JS I was wondering what mics would you recommend?

Big-E said:
GG to everyone who played tonight. I wish my mic wasn't screwed up. The talk button dosent seem to work for me. My mic seems to randomly turn on when im talking through it but its still spotty. JS I was wondering what mics would you recommend?

What the hell? I couldn't find a room with the name neogaf. What name did you guys use?

Remy said:
It's RemyVJA. You did send me a friends invite. :p

Just as a word to the new players: from my experience playing in GAF nights over the last week, the easiest way to get invited into the parties is to be a part of the clan. As nice as it would be, it's nearly impossible for everyone to add everyone else as friends; it's much easier for whoever's running the party to hit the clan tab and just add everyone who's online.

So, send kaching a message and get a clan invite; then you're much more likely to get picked up when we get parties going.

Also: When we're playing Ranked Team games, switch your squad to Tango (you can do this in the Staging screen by hitting triangle, or you can do it in game by pausing and then going to Options). This way you don't have to hit L3 to voice chat, and in game modes other than DM, you can choose to spawn near the squad.

I don't know if the party is still going on but if it is please send me an invite. mgs_van

Kittonwy

Banned
That was fun!!! I tried using the mic but I wasn't sure whether people could hear me or not (hopefully not when I was swearing quite a bit).
gladtomeetya.gif

Remy

acousticvan said:
What the hell? I couldn't find a room with the name neogaf. What name did you guys use?

I'm not quite sure where the notion to have a custom room came from; all the GAF games I've played have been in a party, so that we can all be on the same team and jump into ranked matches.

Parties can also create custom rooms as they see fit, so if we got 20 people one night we could split it 10/10 and play team games privately.

Parties > Private Room

Wollan said:
Reposted for great justice:

I took an hour and went through this thread and gathered all clearly posted nicks upto this post for the US players (I think there are only just around three Japan ones posted in the week before US release)

hukasmokincaterpillar = DirtyWater :D

Thanks for putting that together Wollan.

Big-E said:

You were having trouble with the SOCOM mic too right? I picked up a Motorola H300 for about $30, works fine (long as you don't mind using batteries).

Big-E

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
hukasmokincaterpillar = DirtyWater :D

Thanks for putting that together Wollan.

You were having trouble with the SOCOM mic too right? I picked up a Motorola H300 for about $30, works fine (long as you don't mind using batteries).

Ya thats what im using. Thanks ill look into the Motorola H300 but I was also wondering if you manipulated your ports in any way. I was wondering if this may be causing some issue.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
Ya thats what im using. Thanks ill look into the Motorola H300 but I was also wondering if you manipulated your ports in any way. I was wondering if this may be causing some issue.

I also have the SOCOM mic.

You guys were doing all the work tonight. :p

Big-E

Kittonwy said:
I also have the SOCOM mic.

You guys were doing all the work tonight. :p

Kitton I was wondering if your talk button works. My headset seems to randomly decide when to turn on. I will press the button but the icon will not show up.

Wollan

Reposted for great justice.

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

NeoGAF name: - PSN tag:

kaching - kaching (NeoGAF US Clan-leader, PM your details)
M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
thundersabre - thundersabre
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
BruceLeeRoy - CFD_BruceLeeRoy
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Angelus - PorkChopExpress
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
Ignatz Mouse - IgnatzMouse
XMonkey - snak
bigfatgameguy - gamerecks
drohne - drohne
TheJollyCorner - IrishFigg

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
greatestjediever - greatestjediever
Typhonsentra - Typhonsentra
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
AltogetherAndrews - PoisonMarket
Lancelet Pink - GummadoonKnight
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet
hukasmokincaterpillar - DirtyWater

ResClan.gif

Standard meet up times (for whenever you have the opportunity):

Tuesdays 8pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

mackaveli

Wollan said:

List of people who clearly posted their PSN tag in this thread (for US version of Resistance):

M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
mackaveli - mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
XMonkey - snak
drohne - drohne

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet

ResClan.gif

Tuesdays 8pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

Suggestions suggest(!) that creating parties and going into ranked games together would be the preferred thing to do for the meet ups. So no longer do the first one to get online create a room but instead invite everyone to a party. This however makes it very important that you're all a part of the NeoGAF clan (pm kaching with details) or simply have all folks listed above on your friend list. Again, the first one to get online should start a party and invite the others as they come online.

For those who missed the details on the 1st UPDATE (aka patch) which released December 21st you can read the details here.

hey could you change it to Mackaveli, not mackaveli not sure if it makes a difference or not. Thanks.

Kittonwy

Banned
Big-E said:
Kitton I was wondering if your talk button works. My headset seems to randomly decide when to turn on. I will press the button but the icon will not show up.

Same here, I press L3 but nothing happened. I can hear people talking but I can't say a goshdarn thing.

Big-E said:

Nah haven't had to mess with any ports, H300 seems to work without a hitch. Your SOCOM mic is probably just an old piece of crap like mine. :lol

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
Same here, I press L3 but nothing happened. I can hear people talking but I can't say a goshdarn thing.

The best thing to do is to join a squad once you're in the game. Once the game starts tell all Gaffers to join a squad (or two depending on how many guys you have). Once you're in a squad it's open mic, so you don't have to worry about holding down L3 - you can just talk freely. Sometimes my mic craps out once a game starts and I have to reset it. This usually fixes the problem, but reseting also results in the game freezing for a few seconds (i guess the headset resyncs itself and causes a slight freeze). pretty annoying, but it usually works

Kittonwy

Banned
JB1981 said:
The best thing to do is to join a squad once you're in the game. Once the game starts tell all Gaffers to join a squad (or two depending on how many guys you have). Once you're in a squad it's open mic, so you don't have to worry about holding down L3 - you can just talk freely. Sometimes my mic craps out once a game starts and I have to reset it. This usually fixes the problem, but reseting also results in the game freezing for a few seconds (i guess the headset resyncs itself and causes a slight freeze). pretty annoying, but it usually works

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time I'm on. ~_~

Big-E

JB1981 said:

No wonder. I was wondering why I could talk without pressing a button. I thought my mic was glitching. Im going to try this logitech bluetooth headset that I borrowed from my Dad. Hopefully it will work.

Wollan said:

M3wThr33 - M3wThr33
lunlunqq - lunlunqq
Z_Y - Z_Y
White Man - TVC15
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
cochese - SEMBE
JB1981 - Beamber

Bad_Boy - Bad_Boy
Mackaveli - Mackaveli
jstevenson - jstevenson
Azrael - FilliamHMuffman
XMonkey - snak
drohne - drohne

skrew - skrew
Belfast - belfastga
acousticvan - mgs_van
gluv65 - backbreaker65
Kittonwy - Kittonwy
Baron Aloha - Will0928
Big-E - BigE
Agent X - AgentX

Dazzyman - Dazzyman
rager - beowolf
Fierydevil - Diagol
GAZERK - GAZERCK
zedge - NirvanaX
rc213 - rc213
Gunstar77 - Gunstar77
commish - TigerHeli

Crackerman16 - Click
Carl2282 - Carl2282
JdFoX187 - JdFoX187
bishoptl - bishoptl
theBishop - theBishop
ghostmind - ghostmind
Arde0 - Arde0
djkimothy - djkimothy
Safe_Bet - Safe_Bet

ResClan.gif

Tuesdays 8pm PST

Saturdays 7pm PST

Sundays 7pm PST

PS! Please don't quote this post unless you're on a new page (where this isn't posted).

Wow, good work man. You deserve a huge cookie for doing all that, lol. :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hi guys,

I know you experience some wonkiness with the servers yesterday. Here's the official skinny:

JS

Thank you for your recent patience with server issues we encountered on Sunday, January 7. We wanted to first ensure that we fully understood the reasons for the outage before we sent an update regarding fixes. The server downtime was due to several fixes we implemented to correct the stats backlog. We have made significant progress processing backlogged stats and we anticipate that the backlog should be cleared within the week -- barring any other unforeseen issues that could arise. As soon as the backlog has been cleared, we will make an announcement in-game and in the forums.

Thanks again for your continued patience and support. We really appreciate it.

Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

theBishop

Banned
jstevenson said:
Hi guys,

I know you experience some wonkiness with the servers yesterday. Here's the official skinny:

JS

Thank you for your recent patience with server issues we encountered on Sunday, January 7. We wanted to first ensure that we fully understood the reasons for the outage before we sent an update regarding fixes. The server downtime was due to several fixes we implemented to correct the stats backlog. We have made significant progress processing backlogged stats and we anticipate that the backlog should be cleared within the week -- barring any other unforeseen issues that could arise. As soon as the backlog has been cleared, we will make an announcement in-game and in the forums.

Thanks again for your continued patience and support. We really appreciate it.

Insomniac Games/Sony Computer Entertainment

I might be hallucinating, but i swear there used to be an option to "Join Buddy" from the buddy list. Last night when we the big game was going on, I was basically at the mercy of the party leader to invite me. I didn't see any "Join Buddy" option, even with people out of the party. I was out of the loop for about an hour until i could get in the GAF party.

Can you clear this up for me?

PS: i would also like to donate $15 to the "Patch Resistance to use the XMB Buddy List" fund.

lunlunqq

theBishop said:
I might be hallucinating, but i swear there used to be an option to "Join Buddy" from the buddy list. Last night when we the big game was going on, I was basically at the mercy of the party leader to invite me. I didn't see any "Join Buddy" option, even with people out of the party. I was out of the loop for about an hour until i could get in the GAF party.

Can you clear this up for me?

PS: i would also like to donate $15 to the "Patch Resistance to use the XMB Buddy List" fund.

i think that was because we were playing ranked games. you can only join your buddies in unranked games.

Dante

Finally started playing this Gem last night. I'm about 2 hours in, and if this game keeps progressing like this it could be my game of 06 ( despite me starting it in 07 ) :)

Kittonwy

Banned
Dante said:
Finally started playing this Gem last night. I'm about 2 hours in, and if this game keeps progressing like this it could be my game of 06 ( despite me starting it in 07 ) :)

It only gets better.
gladtomeetya.gif

f@luS

More than a member.
Hi
Just had my US ps3 and get resistance .
Im about 1hour solo (get into the transformation lab) so far its great , but the multiplayer is amazing....

When were creating a game , were creating it on Insomniac/sony server?

Im amazed how well the net code is done....playing from EU with 0 lag is kinda impressive...

but what im also amazed is to see 20 fire grenade + 20 hedgehog , with all the hedgehog lauching hundreds of needles , i mean WHAT amount of net code is going through all of this? calculating every needle impact (sometimes like 500 of them :eek:) for 40 players? i say wow.

ANyway since im very bad few questions:
Humans ability is to crouch and to have unlimited running if u want
Chimera ability is to speed up for some times and to see through some walls?

How is the tilt control used? didnt find .

thx

Kittonwy

Banned
f@luS said:
Hi
Just had my US ps3 and get resistance .
Im about 1hour solo (get into the transformation lab) so far its great , but the multiplayer is amazing....

When were creating a game , were creating it on Insomniac/sony server?

Im amazed how well the net code is done....playing from EU with 0 lag is kinda impressive...

thx

Running on dedicated Sony servers.

f@luS said:
Hi
ANyway since im very bad few questions:
Humans ability is to crouch and to have unlimited running if u want
Chimera ability is to speed up for some times and to see through some walls?

Yep. Also Chimera get a damage boost when in "Rage Mode", although it cuts away at their own health bar. Humans have radar to see their teammates and moving enemy positions on the map, while Chimera can only see themselves.

Chimera players can seem a little overpowering at first when playing on the human side, but if you leverage the human advantages it balances out. Use your map and radar to help set up your attacks, and abuse your sprint advantage. The default rifle has superior range to the more powerful Bullseye so use distance when you can. Don't forget you have a grenade at spawn, they don't. And above all, the Flamethrower is your best friend. :D

How is the tilt control used? didnt find.

Tilt 90 degrees left to bring up the map, 90 degrees right to bring up the score. Shake the pad when you're set on fire to put out the flames, or shake off a Bullseye tag.

JB1981

f@luS said:
thx for the answers

edit : "damage boost" : damage taken or done?

They can absorb more damage, making it harder to put them down. I think they might be able to deal out more damage too (i'm iffy on this)

f@luS

More than a member.
oh , i see thx !

Is there a limit range for the weapon? i tried to shot a guy from very far with the classic human rifle and it was like i didnt hurt him !

f@luS said:
oh , i see thx !

Is there a limit range for the weapon? i tried to shot a guy from very far with the classic human rifle and it was like i didnt hurt him !

Yeah I think there's a limit but it shoots pretty far. Keep in mind the bullets will trail so if an opponent is moving left or right you have to lead them a little bit. Aiming down the sites (zoomed in) takes some getting used to. As always aim for the head.

f@luS

More than a member.
Oops i forgot to mention he was Afk :p

I am really impressed with this game so far , 40 players in a whole town without any lag or framerate drops , mighty impressive rly

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Might seem like a small thing, but seeing as how I've been adding a few people to the GAF clan just about every day for the past week or so, I really appreciate that the game launches from cold boot with little preamble. You can skip past Insomniac's logo sequence within a few seconds and you're dumped right to the main menu without a title screen in the middle.

And I hope there's a generous limit on the clan size because the NeoGAF RFOM clan is growing at a pretty healthy rate.

kaching said:
Might seem like a small thing, but seeing as how I've been adding a few people to the GAF clan just about every day for the past week or so, I really appreciate that the game launches from cold boot with little preamble. You can skip past Insomniac's logo sequence within a few seconds and you're dumped right to the main menu without a title screen in the middle.

And I hope there's a generous limit on the clan size because the NeoGAF RFOM clan is growing at a pretty healthy rate.

Thanks for adding me, How many people are in our clan right now?

I finally got back to college and had some time to take a few screenshots of Resistance in HD (last time, I did SD just for comparison purposes). Since this thread hasn't seen new screenshots in a while, now seems to be a good time to post a few for new PS3/Resistance owners.

Note: Some minor spoilers are in my screenshots, since they're taken from the 2nd to last level in Campaign mode.

<3 Stalker:
RHD01.jpg

Close up shot:
RHDSS21.jpg

Side profile:
RHDSS06.jpg

Must see the snow in HD & RL:
RHDSS05.jpg

Cartwright = the man:
RHDSS14.jpg

RHDSS08.jpg

RHDSS10.jpg