• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawn (Titanfall, Stig) making 3rd person action/adven Star Wars game w/ EA, UE4

Phamit

But they have an Uncharted like Star Wars game from Amy Hennig coming up and Motive Studios that's gonna make an Assassin's Creed type game.

I'm not complaining since I love these SP experiences, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was an open world Star Wars game.

Motive is helping with Hennings Game before starting with their own game

Is there a timetable for when they'll reveal the game?

Nope. And considering there's plenty of job ads going for it, don't expect it to be announced until, at the earliest, 2018. And that's being conservative.

But considering Amy Hennig's game has been in the works for two or three years at Visceral, I'm hoping this'll finally be the year they show her project.

Esque7

Feels like it's been forever since we've had a great single player Star Wars game. There's quite a few directions they could take this, so I'm interested. Though with Shadows of the Empire rereleased yesterday, I would love something like that again :)

GavinUK86

I thought Amy Hennig's game was Uncharted in space, are we getting 2 of 'em now? Unless this is God of War in space instead.

shandy706

No. A lot of us are, but a lot of us are also former God of War, and even more of us are from all over the industry and brand new. It's honestly kind of rad.

When we first started the company, I was afraid we'd grow into some shitty studio with a crusty old inner-circle that stops trying, and then all those dirty new-blooders who we'd never listen to or something. Didn't happen in the slightest. It's a great place. =)

I have a question. How are you guys developing the story?

Is it a story board where you have some preset options that have to tie into something canonical due to the subject matter?

Do you get to flesh out your own story with no or limited tie-in, but within the Universe's rules?

Haha, I know that may not be answerable, but I'm curious.

Or maybe you're not even at that point yet?

Cardon

Damn. Knowing the talent that is on Stig's team, former God of War peeps like combat designers, I'm excited as hell to see what Respawn does with this. Should be excellent.

Hip Hop

Excited for this.

Respawn are winning so much right now with getting these types of projects, good to see it.

Stiler

Really hope it's a jedi/sith focuseds combat with lightsaber/force combat and not just another shooter.

Actually try to make melee combat fun (like severance) or at least do something new like the For Honor game from Ubi in terms of combat.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This is incredibly disappointing. First Visceral gets tossed onto Battlefield, and then Star Wars. Now Respawn and Stig.

Gorillaz

Very interesting

They flirted with 3rd person a bit on MW2 and mentioned thinking bout going down that road for a game. Wouldn't be surprised if they got some tips from Naughty Dog either since the studio heads are pretty buddy buddy Iirc.

Also forgot thry got stig so it will be alright

CHC

Pleeeeeease muthafucka don't be primarily online.

A good ass campaign in the Star Wars universe. Please. Really. It's been SUCH a long time.

CArKlyZ.gif

Stig game i suppose?

Edit : Is confirmed in the article.
My exact reaction reading the title then the OP. I can't wait to read and see more.

Tsosie

So awesome. The more star wars games the better. This makes me feel pretty cool first that either this or the Visceral game will be a jedi/sith lightsaber game.

Top Bottom