• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETRO CITY RAMPAGE |OT| Your entire childhood rolled into one

Tizoc

Sigh me and my PSN buddies still need to wait for Grace Chen to update US PSN to get it =/
I think i'll start the dl of them 2morrow morning before heading out to work...

Zia

I assume embargo is up tomorrow?

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure he even sent codes out until yesterday. Not sure why this is a constant issue with devs releasing on PSN (saw the same thing happen with Dyad and Closure).

nofi

I may be wrong, but I'm not sure he even sent codes out until yesterday. Not sure why this is a constant issue with devs releasing on PSN (saw the same thing happen with Dyad and Closure).

Because the devs have to wait until the game is in the Store and ready to download. That's down to Sony, not the devs.

Some games are up weeks in advance, some days, some hours, as far as I know.

Zia

Because the devs have to wait until the game is in the Store and ready to download. That's down to Sony, not the devs.

Wow, what a nightmare for someone trying to get codes to editors.

Shurs

i hate sony europe

why should we wait for this ?
You could always illegally download a copy and buy it later on a different platform.

Apparently, there is a moral grey area when it comes to such things, even though the developer spent both time and money creating both versions of the game.

duckroll

So according to their Twitter account they still have no idea when they will be releasing the PC version other than "early morning PST".... wut? I wanna play! :(

P.S. Don't bring up meta-discussions about piracy or whatever in game threads. Keep the discussion on-topic. Do not reply to this note. Thanks.

Why don't you guys push Sony regarding this topic?
It seems like Sony wants to use PSN as their backbone for their online infrastructure but there are so many things wrong with it that it's becoming more of a detriment for them instead of a an advantage.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
going to get the 360 Version when it comes out in EU land.

I am not port begging, but should a 3DS version come out I will purchase that too.

Eusis

Do you have a crappy PC, PS3, or Vita? No reason not to have at least the PC :)
Sure there is: you're a Mac user. Then it all comes down to Wine.

However, mentioning 3DS makes owning a Wii seem plausible. If you have that then maybe it'll come to that in Europe?
I got a cruddy laptop, doubt it will run it.
We're talking about a game deliberately styled after NES games. Obviously you'd need way more than an NES or even a 486 to run it, but I doubt it'll be a big problem. Check the system requirements.

duckroll

Sure there is: you're a Mac user. Then it all comes down to Wine.

However, mentioning 3DS makes owning a Wii seem plausible. If you have that then maybe it'll come to that in Europe?

He'll probably have better odds of it being released on XBLA before WiiWare in Europe. Lol. :p

Eusis

He'll probably have better odds of it being released on XBLA before WiiWare in Europe. Lol. :p
I didn't know what the situation was there, but I was kinda fearing that. I thought La-Mualana came out there though, but maybe that was just a stroke of luck.

dankir

Looking forward to it.

5aim4.gif

163563561.gif

wetflame

Pizza Dog
This is listed on GOG currently but doesn't mention it being a pre-order or anything, I assume that it's not available as I haven't seen it mentioned on here, but I can't go through the site here to see what it says if you try to buy it. Am I right in thinking that it's not actually available for download yet?

duckroll

This is listed on GOG currently but doesn't mention it being a pre-order or anything, I assume that it's not available as I haven't seen it mentioned on here, but I can't go through the site here to see what it says if you try to buy it. Am I right in thinking that it's not actually available for download yet?

I bought it from the official site. No email for any keys yet. :(

going to get the 360 Version when it comes out in EU land.

I am not port begging, but should a 3DS version come out I will purchase that too.

I think this game is pretty much perfect/made for handhelds. I'm very happy with the cross buy thing on PS3/PSV but I'm going to be playing it exclusively on Vita. Can't wait to see those rendering options in their glorious retro style on my Vita :)

Hauk

Neo Member
Gief Steam key for thiss.. I bought Torchlight 2 from the official website so I didn't get a Steam version, and I'm a little bummed by that. RCR I'll buy from Steam, even if they say I get a Steam key as well. Can't trust that >:/

I wonder if anyone is going to bother with getting a review out on time for this game? I'm buying it regardless but I'd like to read some opinions before the game comes out.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Comically, here's a glowing review of RCR from 2010!

Gamefan Mag: 9.5

It sounds like all of the structure of what's in the game now, was there back then, there's just a lot more added since then. So if you like what you hear described there, you should be extra-happy with all the extra vehicles, story missions, weapons, and challenge games that the game offers now!

There's also a few people in this thread who seem to have had hands on time with the game, so perhaps they can shed some additional light upon things.

Lucifon

That would be my guess too, but GOG seems to already have the game up, so people who bought directly from the developer are now being delayed for no reason?!

This is a little bit of a joke... Thing that's annoying about situations like this is when there's no information given whatsoever - none of us even know why we've had to wait all day. Give it 45 mins and the game will probably show up on Steam yet we might not even have our key yet.

Celegus

What's YOPO? All I can think of is you only poop once but that's incredibly inaccurate. And OLED? You kids and your acronyms.

Top Bottom