• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
How difficult is Biome 6?

I had a beautiful run yesterday and beat Biome 5 only to get glitched in underwater geometry in Biome 6

just hoping I can get back there without grinding out a good build like I did for Biome 4
Biome 6 is easy the biggest problems are lack of visibility for long distance and mafunction inducing shots from some ennemies, but it is by far the easiest of the 3 late biomes.I would ass that if you beat biome 5 you won't have problem for the 6th on except for 1 elite ennemy, the rest is easy even the boss, don't worry I won't spoil.

Used-ID

What's the deal with the different colored orbs that enemies and bosses use, there's blue, orange-ish red. I've even seen some "special" looking ones that appear in the middle of an "orb blast" from an elite enemy.

I know purple was explained as you couldn't dodge through it, but I don't remember the other colors.

Damage differences?
Probably. I know one color will hurt you even when dashing. I can't remember the color though

Vaelka

I really wish the protagonist had a less ....
'' Current year '' design, because holy shit she is boring.
Even when it's a sci-fi game Western devs still design such unappealing and bland characters...

Also why do they always have to stand or walk and stare angrily into the camera lol?
The lack of imagination is so frustrating.

Last edited:

bargeparty

Even when it's a sci-fi game Western devs still design such unappealing and bland characters...

Also why do they always have to stand or walk and stare angrily into the camera lol?

The fuck are you talking about. This is your contribution to the thread, for a game you don't own? Why even enter here?

tommib

Gold Member

Please do tell us what kind of character you would like to see in this game and how you’re not showing this super non-current year character design standing and walking.

Last edited:
How difficult is Biome 6?

I had a beautiful run yesterday and beat Biome 5 only to get glitched in underwater geometry in Biome 6

just hoping I can get back there without grinding out a good build like I did for Biome 4

Just a tip. Always stop at biome 5 before 6. You get the free healing item at the start and then the first area has the shop and all that stuff. The warp to 6 is right in the center of that shop room.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Just a tip. Always stop at biome 5 before 6. You get the free healing item at the start and then the first area has the shop and all that stuff. The warp to 6 is right in the center of that shop room.

should I grind out the enemies to get better gear in biome 5 or just pick up those few items and move on?

how important is melee in biome 6?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Did some NG+ runs. I had so much trouble with boss 3, and while world 3 is still a pain in the ass due to those damn suicidal drones and that iron giant, I had a much easier time killing the boss. You pretty much HAVE to kill those iron giants even though they are the worst mini boss archetype because they give you the highest level weapons which are pretty much essential to beating the world 3 boss.

Having all that extra vitality helps too. Overall, it went so smoothly I was shocked at how easy it was.

Last edited:

Valonquar

Made it to Biome 5 and my sound went out like others have experienced. I feel like the game was fine this weekend, and each patch has fucked something up more.

Last edited:

SCB3

I just cannot beat this second boss, I can get it down the last half of its health but I cannot handle it, I had a healing parasite, a health kit, and an astronaut and still it kicked my ass

kingkenny76

Did some NG+ runs. I had so much trouble with boss 3, and while world 3 is still a pain in the ass due to those damn suicidal drones and that iron giant, I had a much easier time killing the boss. You pretty much HAVE to kill those iron giants even though they are the worst mini boss archetype because they give you the highest level weapons which are pretty much essential to beating the world 3 boss.

Having all that extra vitality helps too. Overall, it went so smoothly I was shocked at how easy it was.

Fucking love that boss fight, it was class.
Do you carry anything over in NG+? Are the enemies harder?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Made it to Biome 5 and my sound went out like others have experienced. I feel like the game was fine this weekend, and each patch has fucked something up more.
Put ps5 into rest mode. When you power it on again, the audio should return.

Fucking love that boss fight, it was class.
Do you carry anything over in NG+? Are the enemies harder?
I dont think so. You keep all the weapon perks and ether but that's pretty much it.

skit_data

Anyone got a trick up their sleeve when it comes to biome 3?

Seems everytime you grapple you end up in the middle of a suicidebombing, homing missilelaunching robo-fuckfest without any chance to react. I went through both biome 1 and 2 today, cleared every room and had over 200% integrity (yay, the trophy was at least something nice this run). Any particular weapons that are more effective? Other tips?

bargeparty

I just cannot beat this second boss, I can get it down the last half of its health but I cannot handle it, I had a healing parasite, a health kit, and an astronaut and still it kicked my ass

What are you having difficulty with specifically?

skit_data

Try to find a Hollowseeker with the Serrated Projectiles perk. Stay at the edges of the arena. This is my upload, shouldnt be too hard to find similar gear:

SCB3

What are you having difficulty with specifically?
The final part, its managing all the projectiles, the red rings and his melee, I got close just on a run now,, down to the last 15% or so, Shockstream does some good damage

Last edited:

bargeparty

The final part, its managing all the projectiles, the red rings and his melee, I got close just on a run now, Shockstream does some good damage

Hmm. I just watched a refresher vid (can share if you want it) and can see how it would get tricky as he's jumping quite a bit. I'd say be patient and focus on avoiding the rings and melee attacks, wait for an opening to start doing damage again. You're not in this to finish quickly, so don't rush it.

You can also melee to give i-frames if you time it right, in case you just dodged or jumped and can't avoid an incoming ring.

As a general rule as I've said before, stack protection. You can take a lot of hits when your protection is high.

For a weapon I love the hallowseeker, though it can be pretty OP. I would go with that if you can find one, even if it's "lower level," the perks make up for it. I won't list them here but you can view what they do in the inventory screen when you pick one up.

These boss fights are all about not panicking when a flood of orbs and shit is coming your way. Continuing to fire makes it fairly easy to just move out of the way of most of it and other stuff you can just run to one side or the other.

FrankWza

Guys, despite all the fuck ups with bugs, crashes and unthinkable corrupted save files, I just want to underline that this is the most enjoyable game I’ve played in many years. It ticks all my boxes. Lush dark ambient soundtrack, super dark sci-fi bordering on horror, all stellar gameplay with no forced walking hearing about parenthood, high difficulty… In a way it reminds me of the original quake which is an old time favourite.

I still suck at the game since I struggle with world 3. I’ll get there. I can’t believe a game like this exists in today’s status quo of assassin creed clones. God bless these developers.
I really hope this does for the genre what DeS did when it launched on PS3.
I would buy a sequel or similar game with these or better visuals.
Biome 3.

What is with these robots. They don't mess about.
Everyone in biome 3 is an asshole. You basically have to leave nothing to chance and bring as much healing as you can and then get lucky because shit just explodes and then your jet pack doesn’t work for half the areas.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
It's embarrassing man, at this point you're literally ABUSING a development team which aren't intended to hurt anyone, this was an innocent mistake. You seem to keep forgetting this is their first true AAA game, for a small studio these hiccups are bound to happen.

It isn't good for the players and I accept some annoyance from people who suffered issues but you haven't even played the game I don't think and are abusing Housemarque and blasting them with horrible comments calling for their heads under every tweet about them.

It's sad mate, it puts NeoGAF in a bad light as people will think we all like to abuse innocent devs in our spare time.
Not as embarrassing as bringing up offsite stuff to try to humiliate somebody. Grow up. Devs fucked up and deserved to be put on blast. The game launched in a bad condition and there's no getting around that. I beat it 3 times at the weekend and can tell you that my experience with it was not great due to crashes and lost progress. Plus the game launched with missing features that they built up pre-launch (Selene's corpse possession/reanimation only activated yesterday) which I think is a really bad look.

Last edited:
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem i've hit the credits

How do I start Act 3? Not sure what i'm meant to be doing
You just start replaying stages to find a Sun piece in each biome. Of you want to get back to the first biome, go through the door that’s now opened in the ship.

I've heard they don't always spawn, but I've just played each of the first four biomes once and got each of their pieces. I'll start biome 5 when I get back on.

Last edited:
You just start replaying stages to find a Sun piece in each biome. Of you want to get back to the first biome, go through the door that’s now opened in the ship.

I've heard they don't always spawn, but I've just played each of the first four biomes once and got each of their pieces. I'll start biome 5 when I get back on.

Ohhhhh I see I think i've found one of those already

Thanks babe

jeffyjaixx

Just beat it on my second run.

I had one extra death because my game crashed and that counted as a death.

E0uthpgWEAYrHMy

E0uthWzWEAEkNTp

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Nice.

Only attempted the 3rd biome once before being overwhelmed with the robots.

How did you deal with them?
The acid gun with 5 damage bar. That shit melts everything.
Now that I now that purble bullets are dangerous the game got easier.
Also find artifacts. The max you can get. Shit is amazing.
I found this artifact that I gain health everytime I kill an enemy and the parasite that refills your health when its low.

anothertech

So, some of us have spent some time on the game now. Honest question:

Do you think it is worth the $70? Should others wait for a price drop?

What say you?

Editaur

10 hours in until I finally beat Phrike. 2nd biome was easy and just beat the 3rd on first attempt at the skin of my teeth.

ACT 1 felt so complete they should just sell it individually (or put on Plus) to get people in.

Mr Hyde

Finally did it. Beat the third boss in Derelict Ruins and finished act 1. The last phase was brutal and I barely made it. But goddamn what a good feeling afterwards when the trophy pops. The bosses in this game are incredible. The insane lighting effects are truly spectacular.

Made it to the fourth boss and got him down to his second phase. Came in unprepared and was a bit tired so died to simple mistakes. He didn't seem that hard. But the climb to him was epic.

This game is so fucking good. Absolutely love it. The gameplay is fantastic and it's hard to put down the controller. It looks and plays so well. Housemarque has really stepped up the game. Feels like a proper next gen experience. So many memorable moments, awesome gunplay and (so far) compelling story.

[Sigma]

I probably should have continued my run yesterday because ive died a few times today in Biome 4(or the start of the 2nd Act) :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Made some silly errors not scouting new enemies at times and getting too reckless.

Last edited:

skit_data

Died again in biome 3 after vacuuming up every single pickup/room in both biome 1 and 2. Its always the same place, there is this big room that you grapple to where there are tons of small rocketlauncher robots and 2-3 of thos bigger ones that send out red rings.

Its like a complete wall because once you land you are immediately bombarded with rockets and hunted down no matter what. I always panick and run around the room while getting blasted to bits by those homing rockets. Tomorrow I’m gonna try to keep my head cool, cause i think grappling back to where you came from might be the solution to at least pick off a couple of them from distance. Going head first and try to dodge all incoming attacks seems to be completely impossible

XPertRU

Died again in biome 3 after vacuuming up every single pickup/room in both biome 1 and 2. Its always the same place, there is this big room that you grapple to where there are tons of small rocketlauncher robots and 2-3 of thos bigger ones that send out red rings.

Its like a complete wall because once you land you are immediately bombarded with rockets and hunted down no matter what. I always panick and run around the room while getting blasted to bits by those homing rockets. Tomorrow I’m gonna try to keep my head cool, cause i think grappling back to where you came from might be the solution to at least pick off a couple of them from distance. Going head first and try to dodge all incoming attacks seems to be completely impossible
Use acid gun (Idk english name) - fire and run away/hide, drones be killed by acid over time. And go to third biome directly from first, don’t waste your time on second biome.

Last edited:

Entroyp

So, some of us have spent some time on the game now. Honest question:

Do you think it is worth the $70? Should others wait for a price drop?

What say you?

Just finished it. Worth every penny of the $90 I spent.

Gameplay is like no other game I’ve played in a decade at least.

I need to try that Recore game people say it’s as good as this one.

Last edited:

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Was on a hell of a run killing biomes 2-4 the first time I got to them. The auto repair on low health is such a godly artifact.

Then I got to biome 5. Holy shit the difficulty spike is insane.

Boss of biome 4 is epic. Incredible music.

Can’t wait to try and get past this next wall.

Rea

Guys, i kinda depressed now, i was having a good run, good artifacts and good parasites and all. It was about 2 to 3 hours grind, and finally ready to face biome 3, then as soon as i reached biome 3, the game crashed. It was fucking demoralizing. I don't feel like playing this game anymore, wasted efforts wasted times. This game needs fucking save feature.

Alvin

Banned
Oh wow. Almost no chance of saving the game? Sounds ridiculous. No one ever needs to sit through the same three hours because of a game it's own fault. Lmao. Wish you guys good luck with this 10/10 game of the year.

Top Bottom