• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

skit_data

Gotta admit, this tweet looks pretty fucking funny when the patch resulted in early adopters save getting corrupted:

mBnEEp0.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Entitled fuck boy gamers

can’t stand these asshats
They literally bought something at the store and took it home to play it. Then an update broke it after they bought it. Only gamers would think this was normal. It doesn't happen with any other products I can think of. Then all he does is ask for a refund and you call them entitled. You can ask for refunds on most things you buy within 30 days if they break.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
They literally bought something at the store and took it home to play it. Then an update broke it after they bought it. Only gamers would think this was normal. It doesn't happen with any other products I can think of. Then all he does is ask for a refund and you call them entitled. You can ask for refunds on most things you buy within 30 days if they break.

unlike other products that break, this one will work with a simple patch

jeffyjaixx

It's the narrative split in the game and where they strip you of all of your previous progression items. I'm guessing they couldn't make a smooth difficulty curve because of this. It's a really head scratching decision.

I miss my progression items. I was pretty built by the time I got to biome 3 boss with like 230% integrity and a crap ton of augments/artifacts. I still almost died though, managed to kill the boss with my last sliver of health.

bender

What time is it?
I miss my progression items. I was pretty built by the time I got to biome 3 boss with like 230% integrity and a crap ton of augments/artifacts. I still almost died though, managed to kill the boss with my last sliver of health.

I had a great build going into that too. It really took the wind out of my sails. I had another great build ruined because I put my PS4 into rest mode and the game auto-updated. This game also needs some serious QOL improvements (ability to save/pause a run especially considering how long runs take and letting your health go to full after sleeping on the ship once rather than the 3+ it can take depending on your current upgrades). The time investment for a single run is what really ruins the game for me.

Dr Bass

Uhh … anything on the planet that runs software? Computers, cars, watches, washers, dryers, refrigerators, microwaves, toasters, garage door openers, thermostats, lights, smart electrical outlets, various children’s toys…

A video game is hosed for a few hours, and is about to be fixed. The world is ending. 🙄

This is still about this game getting awesome reviews out of nowhere btw. Some looking for any reason to tear it down.

skit_data

I had a great build going into that too. It really took the wind out of my sails. I had another great build ruined because I put my PS4 into rest mode and the game auto-updated. This game also needs some serious QOL improvements (ability to save/pause a run especially considering how long runs take and letting your health go to full after sleeping on the ship once rather than the 3+ it can take depending on your current upgrades). The time investment for a single run is what really ruins the game for me.
I hope and think this is one of the things will be what the patch will fix:

e1fUCEX.jpg

Edit: The ”resting in Helios” fix that is

Last edited:

skit_data

Thanks, just confirmed this myself online. Such a fail! First day working from home in ages and was hoping to smash out an 1hr long run during lunch. Just my luck.
Housemarque has suggested to remove and reinstall the game, I also downloaded the patch but luckily didn’t boot the game. I think it’s safe as long as you didn’t boot it but they also tweeted ”wait with playing until a new patch in a few hours”. I hope they get the patch out soon because a lot of people won’t see the whole ”reinstall the game”-tweet. Unless they fix it very soon they will have a wave of players booting the game up with the ”wrong” patch. If not, they will face a real shitstorm tomorrow.

kungfuian

Glad to see so many loving the game. I really enjoyed playing it for a bit, maybe +/- 10 hours second biome. It's original, very very beautiful, i love sound design and music, and the combat is so fun.

Sadly my skills are just not up to the task and playing 45 minute runs of the same rearranged level over and over again w little progress for a chance to beat a boss is just not my idea of fun.

Maybe some day housemarque will find it in their hearts to make an easy mode for us lesser skilled/dedicated fans. Until then this one's goin on my shelf of unfinished backlog shame.

Honestly a little bummed. Oh well, off to RE 8 I guess.

skit_data

Part of me thinks the healing amount is correct and they'll only let you use it once. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Yeah, same here, they might not wanna encourage people going back to Helios. Im not in rush so I usually sleep, get out of the ship and then go back in again. Really irritating, but its worth it I guess

bargeparty

I'm pretty disappointed right now in the endgame
i went through everything and got the 5 sunface fragments, but couldn't find the one in biome 6. A few doors i couldn't unlock so pretty lame if it was behind one. I'll have to rush it tomorrow night.

I also had a wicked hallowseeker but the only enemy i got to use it on was the final boss.

Alvin

Banned
Nothing wrong with the character at all. If you mean ugly because it's not designed with her being exposed or some kind of fan service for you than I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe wait n see if it ends up on pc for mods if you into that kinda thing 🤔😅
That's a weak excuse. As if it would make total sense for her to be exposed in a space suit. Samus in Metroid doesn't have exposed clothing and still looks appealing and feminine.
I'm just pointing out the fact that npc's and protagonists are progressively becoming unattractive to look at in multiple forms of media. Why would they choose Gwendoline's face from Game Of Thrones?

0gyosl0d2itdq02zg.jpg

She literally looks like that "It's ma'm" character from that show. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

bargeparty

That's a weak excuse. As if it would make total sense for her to be exposed in a space suit. Samus in Metroid doesn't have exposed clothing and still looks appealing and feminine.
I'm just pointing out the fact that npc's and protagonists are progressively becoming unattractive to look at in multiple forms of media. Why would they choose Gwendoline's face from Game Of Thrones?

0gyosl0d2itdq02zg.jpg

She literally looks like that "It's ma'm" character from that show. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Stfu with this please. She's a normal woman character and you see her face like 10% of the total time, maybe a little more if you suck and die a lot and don't skip the cutscenes.

Don't bother replying.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member

0gyosl0d2itdq02zg.jpg

Restarting cycle on character’s face…

Dude, if you read the thread, the people playing don’t give a shit about what she looks like. She looks normal. Get over it.

Alvin

Banned
Geez. Such passive agressive response just from talking about a characters face. Looked up the ending to this game. Very lame and lazy writing. Hard pass for me.

THEAP99

Banned
I get so close to beating boss 3. Ugh! I guess in the final phase I am supposed to be constantly switching platforms? I am determined to beat this game, I like the gameplay and it's kind of addicting. I did get a crash earlier though mid-run. Hopefully they roll out a patch for the weekend without any problems

Last edited:
What was that about? You could access console commands?
Yup, some YouTuber figured out how to drop weapons/respawn back at the ship with all your shit...no time to find anything else. The fpulled patch fixed it, but not sure about the latest one.

I tried it out, but unfortunately the game was so buggy (randomly couldn’t open doors or pick up items) I gave up plying with it.

Darak

Before the patch, I was stuck grinding biome 3, I think I died like 20 times just at that biome. Then, the patch came out and corrupted my save with no cloud backup available. Great. It didn't matter much to me, though, because the game has such a poor progression system. I mean, I was already beating biomes 1 and/or 2 every run in order to prepare for biome 3, so I figured out having to beat the bosses too wouldn't make much of a difference.

Well, three hours later I'm at biome 4, with zero deaths so far in this run. I managed to beat all three bosses in sequence and now I'm actually further in the game compared to how I was. Well, I've lost a lot of ether unlocks, but they are mostly useless. And several story progression bits, which sucks, but I don't really care that much.

It actually feels as if the game wants you to beat all three bosses in sequence. Perhaps I was lucky with the RNG in this run, but I was swimming in artifacts and parasites, with maxed health and enough protection to mostly tank the third boss. I was playing much worse than in most of my previous runs, taking hits left and right, and still I wasn't even in danger of dying at any point.

Darak

I hope and think this is one of the things will be what the patch will fix:

Edit: The ”resting in Helios” fix that is
I was able to play for a while the patched version (which destroyed my save). They removed the ability to use the bed more than once per run, and severely reduced the amount of health you get when you sleep in the ship. I am pretty sure they also increased the frequency of health items in biome 1 to compensate, but I'm not sure, it may be a placebo effect.

drotahorror

i dont know how to use this gun. the lack of reload messes me up. it takes forever for it to recharge.
If you miss, you lose the bullet for a bit. If you hit, it returns to you fairly fast. I think one of the stats is projectile return or something like that. If you are real close you can just lay into an enemy fully auto with no reload. Flying enemies are awful with it though.

drotahorror

Geez. Such passive agressive response just from talking about a characters face. Looked up the ending to this game. Very lame and lazy writing. Hard pass for me.

Housemarque has always been gameplay first. The story takes a backseat. If you thought this was a cinematic adventure you were very mislead.

Slikk360

0gyosl0d2itdq02zg.jpg

Again every female video game character doesn't need to look like an Instagram model or something like Laura croft I guess Not exactly sure who or what you were expecting from the game its third person and you pretty much only see her back with a jet pack lol.

But the game is fun and challenging aside from all that If it's a hard pass for you than you have nothing to worry about.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

0gyosl0d2itdq02zg.jpg

wO1cdkh.png

bender

What time is it?
I love how the story is so intriguing and deep. The delivery is so subtle and superb. I’m sure people who need to be told the meaning of it explicitly are going to have a hard time keeping up.

I thought it was all rather obvious and predictable.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Thank god for having online disabled so the patch can't do any damage.

Anyway, i had the greatest run yesterday, i have a second life bar longer than the first one, like 40 protection, 40 cure efficency, a parasite and an artifact that cure me when i'm low health (and they stack, so you get health very fast), 2 large medpack, an astronaut figurine, half a dozen of other things and an hollowseeker with waves, venom and portal beam vers 2, i shred motherfuckers like rocco siffredi shred pussies.

Now i'm in biome 6 (wonderful looking btw) and feel like nothing can beat me (except ps5 fucking up the rest mode for some reasons), tonight i'm probably gonna finish the game.

What i have to do for the secret finale after finishing the game once?!

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Thank god for having online disabled so the patch can't do any damage.

Anyway, i had the greatest run yesterday, i have a second life bar longer than the first one, like 40 protection, 40 cure efficency, a parasite and an artifact that cure me when i'm low health (and they stack, so you get health very fast), 2 large medpack, an astronaut figurine, half a dozen of other things and an hollowseeker with waves, venome and portal beam vers 2, i shred motherfuckers like rocco siffredi shred pussies.

Now i'm in biome 6 (wonderful looking btw) and feel like nothing can beat me (except ps5 fucking up the rest mode for some reasons), tonight i'm probably gonna finish the game.

What i have to do for the secret finale after finishing the game once?!
1. Collect all sunspace fragments, should be one in each biome but these can sometimes not spawn so could take a while.

2. complete all 6 house sequences (always go to house in biome 1 and 3 on each run.

3. defeat the final boss in biome 6 one more time

4. before you end the game you will see a large object (you won't miss it), if you collected all the 6 fragments you'll get a key for it, use it on the object.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
1. Collect all sunspace fragments, should be one in each biome but these can sometimes not spawn so could take a while.

2. complete all 6 house sequences (always go to house in biome 1 and 3 on each run.

3. defeat the final boss in biome 6 one more time

4. before you end the game you will see a car, if you collected all the 6 fragments you'll get a car key, use this on the car
Is it safe to read before finishing the game the first time?!

Top Bottom