• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: U.S. to issue decree on transgender access to school restrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a "rights off".

Its just the shitposting is annyoying, Celebrate progress and work to make everywhere better instead of pretending you live in a perfect land. Most LGBT people in the world can't marry, can't serve in the military, can't adopt children. As well as face death, discrimination and other horrible things. We should be working to change that.

*high five*

I agree completely.

rjinaz

I'm telling you

his last day

"metric, motherfuckers."

mic drop

ExRClm8.gif

sogood

HUELEN10

This is not bad at all. It's also smart of him not to include locker rooms just yet, as that's a fight for another day. For that one, there will be a LOT of emotion on all sides. I only wish it end up civil, and fair for all regardless of genitalia or gender identity.

Good.

Nip this stupid shit in the bud. Because you know these idiots are going to protract a fight for as long as possible over this now that they lost hard on gay marriage.

Good.

Nip this stupid shit in the bud. Because you know these idiots are going to protract a fight for as long as possible over this now that they lost hard on gay marriage.

And they'll lose.

The thing is when the lose (as they did with the slave trade, slavery, jim grow, anti-women, gay marriage, gay adoption) we don't go back (except on voting rights, but that wasn't electoral that was 5 old dudes on a court)

Oppo

seriously though

know it's been said a bazillion times

but what part of "equal rights for all" is so damn confusing

rjinaz

Cartman then wouldn't get his own bathroom, he could use the girls instead? South Park is out dated again.

It's really a good episode. Cartman fakes being transgender to use the girl's restroom which leads to him getting his own restroom. Wendy fakes being transgender to use that restroom as well. In the end, everybody accepts transgenders and only the people that can't have to use the special restroom.

Then there is Randy being Lorde and many people overcoming their prejudices about her.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah, congrats America. I hope that if it comes to it, the Supreme Court uphelds this. I should start looking into the circumstances transgender people face in my country. It's so sad how often they are ignored.

I'm telling you

his last day

"metric, motherfuckers."

mic drop

NASA would have a field day with that one.

This is not bad at all. It's also smart of him not to include locker rooms just yet, as that's a fight for another day. For that one, there will be a LOT of emotion on all sides. I only wish it end up civil, and fair for all regardless of genitalia or gender identity.

Bathrooms, I think, are a comparatively "easy" fight, given the business in question happens in secluded stalls, but I have trouble seeing any politician in the near future taking the stand that there is a legal or moral necessity for biological females to have to be naked around naked bepenised individuals, however they may identify and whether or not there is a neurological basis for that identification, comfort be damned. I could see the entire design of locker/changing rooms changing (i.e. individual private areas for every person), and the government ordering schools to retrofit themselves to that new order, before I can see that.

C4Lukins

Good to hear, but this is 100th in problems surrounding the nation. Russian war planes are buzzing NATO military instillations.

Venezuela is fucking dying.

The olympics in Brazil are at odds with not only their own populous but there is a whole massive, disease that could prevent the entire thing from going down.

Russia is fucking with NATO, and constantly creating situations where a World War 3 could occur.

And then there is this tucking bathroom debate. My answer is, no men's and women's bathrooms, done. We all shit and piss in the same place. Now let's look at the more complicated issues and move past silly small bullshit like bathrooms.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Good to hear, but this is 100th in problems surrounding the nation. Russian war planes are buzzing NATO military instillations.

The olympics in Brazil are at odds with not only their own populous but there is a whole massive, disease that could prevent the entire thing from going down.

Russia is fucking with NATO, and constantly creating situations where a World War 3 could occur.

And then there is this tucking bathroom debate. My answer is, no men's and women's bathrooms, done. We all shit and piss in the same place. Now let's look at the more complicated issues and move past silly small bullshit like bathrooms.

Which one of those would you like the Education and Justice of departments of the United States to handle?

cdyhybrid

QnQ2Fv0.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Because the justice department handles all of those things.

rjinaz

I mean, I kind of agree, just because the debate is so silly and I wish politicians would move on and actually focus on things that matter. But this issue is affecting the lives of people, for them it is as important as any of the other things you listed. It's not going away because stupid people keep fighting it, making it an issue.

giga

DoJ lawyers looking at this post like

giphy.gif

Sibylus

Banned

Make your thoughts known to the various governors and politicians presiding over these discriminatory bills.

You know, the people who caused this legal fight to begin with.

Plasmid

I listen to a conservative radio station here in Mississippi for shits and giggles and the number one thing the most popular show fights against is transgender bathrooms. Cannot wait to hear his reaction tomorrow.

Josh7289

President Obama, the Department of Justice, the Department of Education, and all other parties and individuals working against this discrimination, thank you.

Great for the Obama administration to take a stand, but the pessimist in me say they're probably going to lose when it goes to court.

I don't see the DoJ's interpretation of gender identity and sex being equivalent in regards to Title IX holding up.

As one would expect, Rod Dreher is taking this well.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/obama-school-decree-transgender/

Defy this cretin. Make him sue. You watch: if Congress and the states lie down and accept this ukase from the White House, it will tell social and religious conservatives all we need to know about what is coming. Because here’s the thing: it won’t stop with bathrooms and locker rooms. The federal government is going to mandate the teaching of gender theory, at the risk of having federal funds cut off.

Make no mistake: if Obama gets away with forcing this on public schools, social and religious conservatives will have to leave the public education system — not necessarily because transgender boys will be changing with girls, but because it is the first step — a major step — in redefining by state mandate what it means to be male and female, and a human being. Christians, Jews, Muslims and others who hold to tradition will be stigmatized as bigots.

It’s happening so fast. But it’s happening. If you believe that these radicals are reasonable in any way, shape, or form, you are a fool. We now see what they will do. It won’t stop with this. And Hillary will bring it even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom