• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Hylian7

I forgot to mention yesterday, I went to Target yesterday and they actually had 2 copies! I got to Built To Scale 2, and failed it like 5 times.

This toy car mini-minigame is REALLY starting to piss me off. Every single time I play it it's either one car length too short or one length too long! The first two actual minigames were great, got superb on both on my first try.

EDIT- They seem to be really generous in giving out superbs, I messed up a bunch of times on my first time playing the third minigame and I still got a superb for it.

mollipen

Are there issues even in Game Mode?

Bah. You would think Nintendo would build in a way to adjust for lag.

What's weird is I can't think of any other time I've experienced this at home on my set-up. But, to be fair, I hardly ever play my Wii, so I wonder if it's just something about that console + my TV + my sound bar.

Rarutos

I just got my copy! I cancelled my Amazon order and just went to pick it up at Target. So excited. Already got two medals~

NeoRausch

Ok, what's worse?

Me not knowing when i get that game in europe.

Or you not knowing about releasedate for Last Story and Pandoras Tower?

This game instantly puts a smile on my face, I love Rhythm Heaven so much. Glad to see the samurai back in action. Wubadubaduba has grown on me, I like it a lot.

But fuck the drum monkey and fishing.

TheGrue

Was hoping to get this when I went to Gamestop to pick up my pre-order of Twisted Metal, but they had none in stock. :(

Expected to pick this up yesterday, but I'm going to give GS another shot (not as if I have a choice, store credit) and see if they have it today. Might even pick up a PSN card so I can get Hakuoki. The rest of the credit goes to Xenoblade!

No. Many people have trouble feeling syncopations though.

minna no rhythm tengoku has been a hit in my friend's game-themed bar since it came out, and it's almost split down the middle between people that can do monkey clock and can't. i found it one of the easiest, but it just doesn't work with some people's brains.

Whoa. Guys, this is important.

My fiancée wanted Rhythm Heaven Fever for Valentine's Day, which we are celebrating this weekend.

Do I need to cancel with Amazon and run to a Targét/Best Buy? What happened?!

Why are you guys hating on monkey watch? That's one of my favorite games in this. Walking around might help if you're riding the strugglebus.

The long legs marching guys are what made me want to murder my TV

All in all an amazing RT installment (based on the JP version)

I still have "Delivery Estimate: Thursday February 16, 2012" on my order with Amazon.

So I won't panic unless I don't get a shipping notice by tomorrow evening.

GWX

"Let's go read a bunch of books!"

It never gets out of my head. I'm in love with this game...

Also, it would be awesome to have the original Rhythm Tengoku up on the 3DS american Virtual Console, as an import special in japanese (like Nintendo made on the Wii with Super Mario Bros. 2 JPN and DoReMi Fantasy). Please, Nintendo, do it! *dreaming*

HylianTom

Banned
I still have "Delivery Estimate: Thursday February 16, 2012" on my order with Amazon.

So I won't panic unless I don't get a shipping notice by tomorrow evening.

This is exactly why I don't order games online if I want them as early as possible. Too much uncertainty with delivery times. Especially console launches, when I'm usually taking time off of work.

I'd sneak off to Best Buy or your local game shop and see what's there.

totowhoa

Banned
Anything feel different about this game compared to its predecessors? I know it's still early, but I'm really wanting to hear more from this little thread.

I personally won't be opening my copy until Thursday evening. Aside from occasional GAF breaks and the like, I've been non-stop busy since yesterday evening and it's going to keep up until I tear the shrink wrap off of this game and boot my Wii up again. Can't wait :3

JazzmanZ

I find this game a lot more difficult, especially with Monkey watch and Remix 3

but god damn, If Samurai Slice is not the best minigame in this game, I don't know what is, besides Ringside.

prwxv3

is the rating system better in this game and the DS game. I just played the GBA game and it had a horrible rating system. But overall I loved the game. Has some great challenge.

clemenx

Banned
Fuck Monkey Watch :( I'm only up to 3rd remix. LOVED the 3rd branch, HATED the 2nd one.

Oh god I hate sucking so much, I need medals, I want to play Munchy Monk :(

Edit: Hahaha Ringside is the best thing ever

Fourth tier is best tier.

I'm kinda bad at these games but it's awesome. Seems like they let you skip after three tries. I think the DS made you play five times before you could skip.

Yeah, Remix 3 seems a bit hardcore with it's grading, but I love that song so much. I loved tier 3, could have done without tier 2. Also, the golf monkey (what is with this game and monkeys?) was amazingly fun.

JazzmanZ

my opinion on the vanilla minigames.

God tier
Samurai Slice
Ringside
Figure Fighter
Bossa nova
Flipper Flop

Excellent tier
Flockstep
Tap toupe
Exhibition game
Karateman
Board meeting
See-Saw
Hole in one
Fork Lifter
Built to scale

Ok tier
Screwbot factory
Double date
Tambourine
Monkey watch
Air rally
Working dough
Micro-row
Cheer readers

Bad tier
Packing pests
Catch of the day
Donk Donk
Love rap
Launch party
Shrimp shuffle

Love it or hate it tier
Monkey watch

On remix 2, why is the game saying that I'm messing up the second tambourine bit no matter what I do? Is the timing different than the first bit? I just can't see what I'm doing wrong. Apparently I can't get a superb on that level until I can somehow convince the game that my timing isn't off on that part, since I beat it without messing up at any other part and still only got "OK".

EDIT Wait, do you have to do the A + B thing for that one? I'm dumb

this alarm clock endless minigame is really boring

EDIT good I overslept. thank god that's over and I can move on with my life

PS Monkey slap was really easy, I guess some people just have trouble with back beats (kind of like with lockstep from Rhythm Heaven DS... though actually a good portion of the minigames require you to hit at least one or two back beats)

linko9

Just picked up the game today and put in 3 hours or so, just past the 5th remix I believe. Really great so far, as expected. Seems to be heavily monkey-themed.

Also, is anyone else finding it easier to play with their two index fingers? That's helping me out a lot.

Edit: What, people are having trouble with monkey watch? I perfected that my first time through... (still pissed that you don't get a "perfect" for that).

As far as I could tell I got the last copy in Burbank today, if not the greater LA area. Best Buys from here to Santa Barbara were sold out and backordered, as were all the Targets around me, Frys, GameStop only ordered enough to fill preorders because they're little shits, and Amazon is backordered too. But the Target in Empire Center had ONE left and it is MINE. I can't wait to play it tomorrow before work :D :D

Top Bottom