• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Fever |OT| "Wubadubaduba is that true?"

Air Rally? Easy peasy.
Love Rap? Not too bad.
Catch of the Day? Kind of odd, but I got it.
Shrimp Shuffle? Took some tries, but it's good.
MOTHERFUCKING DONK-DONK? THAT GAME IS THE FUCKING DEVIL.

Haha, this game is fascinating with different peoples' reactions. I easily perfected Donk-Donk after two or three tries. Still can't medal Air Rally yet.

HylianTom

Banned
Haha, this game is fascinating with different peoples' reactions. I easily perfected Donk-Donk after two or three tries. Still can't medal Air Rally yet.

Yeah.. I medalled Donk-Donk with one error on try #1. Air Rally took me about eight tries for a medal. But Love Rap is giving me fits.

G.O.O.

It's one of those games where you can get screwed easily once you've lost the tempo. Otherwise, no trap in here. One binary (donk-donk/pause/donk-donk/pause) and one linear (donk-donk-donk-donk-donk-donk...)

No comparison with others that make no sense on a rythmic basis.

linko9

It's one of those games where you can get screwed easily once you've lost the tempo. Otherwise, no trap in here. One binary (donk-donk/pause/donk-donk/pause) and one linear (donk-donk-donk-donk-donk-donk...)

I'd say every game makes sense rhythmically; there are certainly no "arhythmic" games in here. The issue is that some are more easily learnable than others, and it differs from person to person which rhythms/grooves are more easily learnable.

GooeyHeat

Not saying there's any real reason for it, but it's the only game up to Remix 7 (which is as far as I am so far) that I don't have a medal on. I can't do triplets for that long without losing the rhythm.

G.O.O.

I'd say every game makes sense rhythmically; there are certainly no "arhythmic" games in here. The issue is that some are more easily learnable than others, and it differs from person to person which rhythms/grooves are more easily learnable.
I'd hardly call love rap "rythmic". The beat doesn't give any clue. It's really more a reflex game.

Really enjoying this so far. Thought it would be impossible to dislike this game but man I'm getting hung up on Monkey Clock also.

Rarutos

I'm stuck on Remix 10 too. Oh well, I'll just take a break and get back to it eventually. The Tap Dancing part gets me. ;3;

linko9

I'd hardly call love rap "rythmic". The beat doesn't give any clue. It's really more a reflex game.

You've just got to figure out the rhythm, it very much fits into the rhythm of the song. I've had problems with plenty of the games, but not with love rap. Again, different games will be hard for different people.

It's all rhythmic--everything in the game can be written down in musical notation. Some are just trickier than others.

"Into you" is exactly one beat after she starts. "Crazy into you" is exactly a beat and a half after she starts. "Fo' sho" is three-quarters of a beat, I think (that's the tricky one).

GooeyHeat

Donk-Donk is also hilarious because there's absolutely no explanation for what these things are.
"Hey, let's get ready to do that thing we do!"
In the cast roll, they're labeled as "Uh... these guys?"

Rarutos

Moai-Doo-Wop is pretty hard for me too. Can barely even get an "OK." I guess I need to play it more to get used to the rhythm.

MercuryLS

Banned
Even though I sold my Wii a long time ago, I bought this game. We need more games from this team. Lets hope they do something for Wii U.

zroid

Banned
Earlier this afternoon I went back to the Best Buy from which I bought the game and was rather dismayed to see that both of the remaining copies (from the shipment of three) were still on the shelf. Sad, but not unexpected. :(

Have you guys having trouble with Monkey Watch watched the demo during practice? I could see the syncopation being a little difficult to pick up on your own but it seems like a really simple pattern once you've heard it yourself. I'm surprised it's giving so many people the fits.

It does require a steady rhythm for a long time though, more than the other games. One thing great about the Rhythm Heaven games is it shows how easy it is to rush the beat without even realizing it (my problem, anyway). If you've never played an instrument you might not realize that it's pretty fucking difficult to keep a perfectly steady beat. Makes you appreciate drummers and bassists more, haha.

The stupid monkey clock game has been the worst for me so far. Which sucks, because I love the level's concept. I just can't hit those stupid pink monkeys two-thirds of the time.

I made it through Monkey Watch, but I'm beginning to feel like my main issue with this game is the Wii Remote's A button, surprisingly enough. I wish I could better articulate what my issue is: it's either the "depth" or the button or just a symptom of me rarely using the control (meaning I'll eventually adjust). My thumb hurts. :/

Struct09

I found Monkey Watch to be one of the easiest. Not trying to sound all superior, I definitely have problems on other games.

roshy

Neo Member
Love Rap is teeeeeeeeerrible. :(

LOL, I haven't actually played that one yet, but when doing the practice, I kept doing it wrong and lol'd for about 30 minutes straight. Something about the rapper vibe and the dude trying to rap, but a "boing" comes out instead just made me crack the eff up. "Into you, into you" -boing-

roshy

Neo Member
Air Rally? Easy peasy.
Love Rap? Not too bad.

LOL. After watching the demo, I was okay with donk-donk. I just can't get over the... inexplicability of it. I love that the intro screen says, "This one's hard to explain." Indeed, yo.

roshy

Neo Member
Love rap guy's voice coming out too low or too high if you're early or late is seriously like the funniest thing ever.

IAWTC. Well, almost. The rap "boing" made me laugh harder and longer, but the high-pitched voice is also rather amusing.

roshy

Neo Member
Ugh, Monkey Tambourine. Moai Doo Wop was easily the worst game in the DS game; why did they decide to make a nearly identical version?

I am terrible at those... I wouldn't say they are bad, just annoying for those of us with bad short-term memory. I'm better at staying on beat or rolling with music, not so much at copying rhythm patterns. What was that handheld game thing where you had to hit the colored buttons in the same pattern it gave you, and it would get longer and longer... I was terrible at that crap. The thing that looks like the Chrome icon...

Ah, Simon. That's it. lol

3izcH.jpg

TimeKillr

Air Rally? Easy peasy.
Love Rap? Not too bad.

Strange. I thought Donk Donk was one of the easier games... Got a superb on my first try. What's giving you trouble? The timing switch? I think the other issue with Donk Donk might be that you can look like you didn't get the timing right because you smash into the stuff in front of you but it still works..?

I must have tried love rap nearly 20 times to get a medal on it. Such an annoying game!

Also has anyone found some of the 2 version of songs easier then the 1 versions to medal or play? I still don't have a medal on Double Date 1 (I was late on 1 ball and it gave me just okay) yet Double Date 2 I missed 4 balls and was late on like 3 and still got a medal. Also I thought Working Dough 2 was a joke, not that WD1 was difficult either but it was harder then the sequel.

Kyou

I finally got it last night and did the whole first set in one go and transcended into some pure form of bliss

d+pad

Just poppin' my pretty little head (really!) in here to say that I'm stoked that Amazon has (finally) shipped my copy of this game. The day I receive it will be joyous -- if not at all productive :p

Ok, so if I played Rhythm Heaven for DS and enjoyed the music but could not do well at the game at all because of not being able to use the stylus well enough for it, do you think I would enjoy this game more or less?

is the music better?

Ok, so if I played Rhythm Heaven for DS and enjoyed the music but could not do well at the game at all because of not being able to use the stylus well enough for it, do you think I would enjoy this game more or less?

is the music better?

This game uses buttons.

Holy shit, I didn't see the "Extra games" unlockable coming! Is it just the four that I can see right now?
Because Monkey Tap (assuming that it's the last one) is the only one of the four that were among my favorite games in Rhythm Tengoku. Why not give us Air Batter, or Space Dance, or Close Shave, or one of the countless other games that were better than the first three they picked?

Top Bottom