• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rift: Planes of Telara |OT|

Rokal

Trying to jump into the new specs at 50 is a bit overwhelming. I spent about 40 minutes playing with the defiler tree last night before saying screw it and checking out dimensions instead.

I am loving it. The mech dungeon sucked, and I was almost willing to give up. As I'm a big fan of dungeons and raids.

Luckily the rest of the dungeons are amazing!

They did a great job, they just need to fix the mech dungeon! The new end game events are awesome! I am highly addicted.

I have two WOW buddies that gave it at try, they like me found vanilla rift boring and all of us are loving the new content. I suggest leveling quickly with IA's, to get to the new content.

udca

Just reinstalled the game and it tells me I have to transfer to another server. The thread seems a bit dead, but which server are most of you playing on?

zugzug

it really is a silent game.

Trion really needs to spend some time revising the planar invasions in low/mid level zones.

3 people working on a scarwood invasion could not complete. 50 shadow cannon balls needed at 3 sites finished one site.

I'm on Deepwood I joined Towelliee's guild the twitch tv streamer but its PVE server and he hasnt' logged in for 7 days now.

About to go back to the only PvP server Seastone and go back to levelling up my guardian Cleric.

I play for 2 hours and then log out and go play something else sadly. but then I don't have a level 50 character nor am I levelling up quickly I'm questing slowly to know the story with each zone.

Gamble

Is there even a huge player base still on Rift these days seems to be harder and harder to find recent media ans videos since the expansion launch, was debating on resubbing

Xiaoki

Is there even a huge player base still on Rift these days seems to be harder and harder to find recent media ans videos since the expansion launch, was debating on resubbing

Kind of in the same boat myself.

Really debating resubbing to Rift but on nearly every message board(except official ones of course) the community is practically dead.

Gamble

Kind of in the same boat myself.

Really debating resubbing to Rift but on nearly every message board(except official ones of course) the community is practically dead.

eh I'm debating between resubbing this or trying our the secret world which the secret world boards still seem to be quite active compared to this one I just miss my rift stalker :-(

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Anyone else still play this?

You mean any Gaffers, or in general? If you look at the Shard Status page it looks like most US servers are at "medium" population right now at 12:30am eastern US time. So there's a decent pool of people. You'll probably have an easy time queuing for dungeons and instant adventures as you level.

Gvaz

Banned
I still play.

If you want to play, i have a code for:

The full game, the expansion, plus 30 days.

I also have a code for:

The game + 30 days.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
so... this game is full f2p now?
It will be on June 12th. The update includes a new zone and instances. I like the model they're using, what they've announced so far doesn't seem as punitive as something like SWTOR. You basically get everything outside of character and bag slots, expansion spec trees, and the various xp/currency boosts subscribers get. If I were a F2P player, the one thing that would annoy me are the bag and character slots cause I'm a pack rat in these games, but fortunately since I "bought" the game (got it free through a GMG deal a while back), I don't have to deal with that.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php

Izayoi

Banned
anything. TBH I don't actually know.
Well, at first glance, that's not what the official forums are telling me. It seems that Warrior is the best in terms of output, but they are the official forums, so I was hoping to get some kind of input from here as well. I'm interested in playing now that it's going F2P, so I'm just doing some research on what would be best.

It's unfortunate that there seems to be so little theorycrafting, I hate going into these things blind.

Gvaz

Banned
Everyone is a mage because a mage can be almost anything at this point. A pvp healer? Yup. A battlemage? Yup. An AOE guy? Yup. A guy who runs around putting status debuffs on everything/one? Yup.

At least pre-endgame my dps as the battlemage thing seems higher than everyone

Izayoi

Banned
Everyone is a mage because a mage can be almost anything at this point. A pvp healer? Yup. A battlemage? Yup. An AOE guy? Yup. A guy who runs around putting status debuffs on everything/one? Yup.

At least pre-endgame my dps as the battlemage thing seems higher than everyone
I don't really care about utility, I'm just looking for the highest net damage output. Anyone with raiding experience able to chime in?

Does anyone that still plays know a good place to get time cards? Is there anything better then $15 out there? I logged in and it appeared to give me 3 days on my account, which is nearly gone.
Installed the game again last night after a very long hiatus, I dunno why but I am enjoying it far more now then I was back at launch. I started a new character too so i'm not even at any of the newer content "shrug".

Does anyone that still plays know a good place to get time cards? Is there anything better then $15 out there? I logged in and it appeared to give me 3 days on my account, which is nearly gone.
Installed the game again last night after a very long hiatus, I dunno why but I am enjoying it far more now then I was back at launch. I started a new character too so i'm not even at any of the newer content "shrug".

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K66O2S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can grab one from there, but beyond that i'm not sure where you could grab one. I think i recall seeing one at 7/11 not too long ago, so you could try there? Otherwise your best bet would be to wait out the conversion to F2P.

I plan on giving this game another go. I enjoy WoW, but i can't be damned to keep up with all the dailies that are required to stay relevant. I've not played in a long while, and i'm trying to decide between rogue, warrior, or cleric. I have a high level mage, but i wasn't too fond of the playstyle of the souls.

theta11

I'd be willing to give this game another go once it goes free to play. Played with the GAF guild at launch...Have some fond memories and some bad ones too.

BillyBats

Banned
This is a good game. Hopefully with F2P more people are just wandering around and you'll be able to do those awesome Rifts that pop up all over the place. You can also have some awesome combos of stats. I think I was Pyromancer at some point.

Dunlop

Free to play this weekend

Logged into the game to my level 50 warrior that had all its souls reset, stared blankly at the screen realizing I had no idea what to spec anymore or where there hell I was or where I needed to be...and logged off :p

Is there a good guide anywhere for people who are just coming back from the pre expansion era?

Gvaz

Banned
Free to play this weekend

Logged into the game to my level 50 warrior that had all its souls reset, stared blankly at the screen realizing I had no idea what to spec anymore or where there hell I was or where I needed to be...and logged off :p

Is there a good guide anywhere for people who are just coming back from the pre expansion era?

if you're level 50, you should have gotten an automatic quest to show up to like...something peak and start quests in a new zone

also just pick one of the automatic soul specs that the game literally tells you about in the souls list. If you need a raiding spec later, then you can look it up once you have your bearings.

Gvaz

Banned
This is kind of weird, as I randomly pop in and out of the game myself.

Tell me what level and where you are and I'd be willing to tell you where to start. You could also posit this question on the rift forums...

Dunlop

Same here, decided to give it a go and I feel a bit overwhelmed and I don't feel like I have any direction.

I found a guide for Warriors to level from 50-60 which helped.

I loved Rift but have to admit the "old style" combat is hard to go back to after playing games live NeverWinter

Hmm so no one here is really playing this? I recently used this program called Raptr to launch the game and after 15 hours or something (left it alt tabbed in background) I got a code to unlock the entire game and all expansions with a 1 month sub free so once its FTP the sub won't even matter.

Only thing I don't like right now is how much it copies WoW down to almost identical details but just a different skin in the interface, design, basic gameplay, quests, etc. Would have been nice to play a fresh MMORPG.

Then again for a free game I can't really complain.

This game is deader than I thought at least on GAF. I thought more people would be playing/talking about it since its free (free with every expansion n feature through 15 hours played when launched with Raptr)

The starter levels are pretty packed. Already did a bunch of rifts and only level 10. Im on the PVP server and its suppose to be the lowest population but so far the newb zones have been flooded with people.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
So weird to see this bumped just as I've been getting back into the game. I started a new character, a ranger specced rogue, so I use a bow and have a pet. I've basically just been leveling through 5-player dungeons since that's what I enjoy most about these games. It takes about 20 minutes to queue as DPS though so I alt+tab and play something else while I wait to be queued.

Cipherr

Hah, I rolled the same class yesterday. Although I always roll Archer first in whatever game I play generally, so /shrug. Game seems nice so far, but I'm just starting. But yeah, seems very nice. Much better than those other F2P MMO's I have seen. Although at the end game Im expecting it to fall off considerably.

Looks like you can pay money for gear and stuff. Awful awful stuff.

Top Bottom