• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

So trade with people who actually bought the keys? I didn't realize you could do that...

What's a reasonable trade? One crate for one key?

I haven't been trading the last day or two but here are the rates I was using not so long ago.

CC1 - 1/2 Key
CC2 - 1/4 Key
CC3 - 1 Key

I sort of worked things from there. Trades for CC2 and 1 are difficult right now due to the hype for CC3 being in effect (if it still is) but I sold a bundle of all three a couple days ago for 2 keys. It's a hassle and you need to regularly keep an eye on market values to get anywhere. You'll need to be making a good offer to actually get a buyer, but don't short change yourself either.

BPK

I haven't been trading the last day or two but here are the rates I was using not so long ago.

CC1 - 1/2 Key
CC2 - 1/4 Key
CC3 - 1 Key

I sort of worked things from there. Trades for CC2 and 1 are difficult right now due to the hype for CC3 being in effect (if it still is) but I sold a bundle of all three a couple days ago for 2 keys. It's a hassle and you need to regularly keep an eye on market values to get anywhere. You'll need to be making a good offer to actually get a buyer, but don't short change yourself either.

Wow, that does seem like a hassle. I wish RL used Overwatch's system: allowing players to gain the new items through play but also offering a quicker way through crate purchases. I think I'll just hide the crates from view and continue as if they didn't exist.

Wow, that does seem like a hassle. I wish RL used Overwatch's system: allowing players to gain the new items through play but also offering a quicker way through crate purchases. I think I'll just hide the crates from view and continue as if they didn't exist.

If you are PC I'll take em. =)

I prefer this system to overwatch because even though you need to put in some work on reddit etc you can make a huge profit by making good trades.

BPK

I'm on ps4 I'm afraid.

I guess I'll collect them and trade and eventually trade them away for items.

I can see why you'd prefer this system, but it just seems so time consuming to me. I'd rather be playing the game than arranging countless trades.

I'm on ps4 I'm afraid.

I guess I'll collect them and trade and eventually trade them away for items.

I can see why you'd prefer this system, but it just seems so time consuming to me. I'd rather be playing the game than arranging countless trades.
Do you like different color stuff? You can trade crates for painted toppers and wheels. These are random but fairly rare drops after games. Makes it fun to customize your car's color setups.

Reddit can be a hassle, but there's also Great Pass: https://greatpass.io. You can put what you have (like crates) that people may be looking for, and then choose an item you're looking for. It will list the people and you can look at their inventories and wishlists. If you create an account, you can message them directly on the site, as well as list your inventory and wishlist.

Edit: Here's my inventory if you want to see an example: https://greatpass.io/users/psn/Optimus_Prime. Some people only put the stuff they're trying to trade, but some like me put their full inventories or most of it.

Thanks for the link to Great Pass, that's a cool site. I just put up all of my rare items. Could anyone give me a heads up if there's anything there I shouldn't let go for more than a few keys? I have no idea what the value of any of this is:

https://greatpass.io/users/psn/mikeworks

I think the only thing I'd probably never trade is my Gold Nugget.

bjaelke

I've been using the subreddit and https://rocket-league.com/trading. There was also a site only for crates but I can't seem to remember the url.
Do you like different color stuff? You can trade crates for painted toppers and wheels. These are random but fairly rare drops after games. Makes it fun to customize your car's color setups.

Reddit can be a hassle, but there's also Great Pass: https://greatpass.io. You can put what you have (like crates) that people may be looking for, and then choose an item you're looking for. It will list the people and you can look at their inventories and wishlists. If you create an account, you can message them directly on the site, as well as list your inventory and wishlist.

Edit: Here's my inventory if you want to see an example: https://greatpass.io/users/psn/Optimus_Prime. Some people only put the stuff they're trying to trade, but some like me put their full inventories or most of it.

Have you actually been contacted through that site?

Nete

If any of you who likes to do this trading stuff wants any (or all) of my items for an under market price and flip them over to get some profits, feel free to make an offer for wathever price you consider fair. I just don't have the patience anymore for these things, but it would be sad to waste all the items if someone can get advantage of them.

I would be happy with just keys.

https://greatpass.io/users/steam/Kharn

Bollocks

Solo3:
That moment when your teammate asks if anyone wants to trade and the response is no and you then get scored on and that same teammate then doesn't go for the kickoff but instead takes his time to write: "I got xx and xx and xx" allowing them to score another goal.

why

Thanks for the link to Great Pass, that's a cool site. I just put up all of my rare items. Could anyone give me a heads up if there's anything there I shouldn't let go for more than a few keys? I have no idea what the value of any of this is:

https://greatpass.io/users/psn/mikeworks

I think the only thing I'd probably never trade is my Gold Nugget.

Honestly, you won't get keys for any of that other than the Tunica's if you're lucky, more likely an item swap, and the Gold Nugget which you wanna keep anyway. If you want into the trading game you really need to shift those crates and turn them into keys. Either unlock some crates or use the keys to buy really rare stuff like painted exotics at good prices and then sell for a profit. Or just straight buy only the stuff you want. I'd suggest the latter.

Honestly unless you buy keys there's not much in the way of easy ways to do it. Greatpass is better with people looking for items others have that are ultra rare than it is for shifting crates. Reddit is probably your best bet to turn freebies into keys being on PSN.

Oh and like the guy above said CC3 WILL sell fast, so make sure to advertise them.

Nete

Fucking Murphy. After posting the message above, now I'm starting to receive a gazillion offers from the websites. Already done some pretty deals (hello GT).

Honestly the rarest item I own is probably a black royal crown. Can't get any interest for it which surprises me, it's a cool looking item. I guess because it's not in a crate, heh.

Have you actually been contacted through that site?
Nearly a hundred messages since it started. Most have been for my GT or Heatwave. Have done some smaller deals stemming from messages on the site.

I used greatpass all the time and got loads of messages while I had Heatwave and Labyrinth listed. Now, it's pretty quiet.
I got tired of the proposals for Heatwave, so I removed it and didn't bother posting Parallax because I really don't want to trade them unless I'm stunned by a offer (hasn't happened yet).

I put CC3 crates in my Greatpass inventory and have been spammed with trade requests ever since.
I actually don't post my crates and keys. Would prefer to keep that info to myself, though I guess I could post one of each for the item matchmaking.

That said, I open my C3 crates as soon as I get them. Have had 3 C3 crates since the update (and one C1). Gotten 2 rare decals and one very rare from C3. I've opened more than 20 crates overall and have never gotten exotic wheels or BM decals from a crate. Had to trade for those. That said, I'm just hoping to land the new Breakout. If I don't, I will probably wait another week or so to get it for 4 or 5 keys (the current going rate for the GT).

Nearly a hundred messages since it started. Most have been for my GT or Heatwave. Have done some smaller deals stemming from messages on the site.

I got tired of the proposals for Heatwave, so I removed it and didn't bother posting Parallax because I really don't want to trade them unless I'm stunned by a offer (hasn't happened yet).

I actually don't post my crates and keys. Would prefer to keep that info to myself, though I guess I could post one of each for the item matchmaking.

That said, I open my C3 crates as soon as I get them. Have had 3 C3 crates since the update (and one C1). Gotten 2 rare decals and one very rare from C3. I've opened more than 20 crates overall and have never gotten exotic wheels or BM decals from a crate. Had to trade for those. That said, I'm just hoping to land the new Breakout. If I don't, I will probably wait another week or so to get it for 4 or 5 keys (the current going rate for the GT).

Still waiting to buy the Type-S back. I got one and banked it for 14 keys instantly and the next day I could buy it for 9. It probably won't be long before it's as cheap as, or even cheaper than the GT.

Do you guys think CC1 and CC2 crates will ever bounce back in value or are they just trash now?

This is just my opinion but they'll remain trash to me. they don't pull rates anymore and are only currency to push up CC3 sales, most people who want the items already have them, and the most sought after items, painted lightning/photons can be acquired with a much higher rate of certainty without opening crate yourself. To top that off we'll likely get a CC4 before long anyway. One thing worth bearing in mind however is even if the sale price is awful now, they may eventually be discontinued and spike again.

Pejo

Can someone please explain trading to me? I saw that I can go into my inventory in the garage, but I got 2 of those new (Dominator i think) bodies, and I'd like to trade one away. I noticed it's making me wait 6 days to do so, but how do I actually trade it when it lets me? I tried clicking a few random items in my inventory, and it lets me add them to a pool, but I don't see how to set the price or whatever.

Can someone please explain trading to me? I saw that I can go into my inventory in the garage, but I got 2 of those new (Dominator i think) bodies, and I'd like to trade one away. I noticed it's making me wait 6 days to do so, but how do I actually trade it when it lets me? I tried clicking a few random items in my inventory, and it lets me add them to a pool, but I don't see how to set the price or whatever.
Sadly there is no in-game market so you'll have to resort to outside websites like RL Exchange on Reddit or the RL trading thread on Steam. Once you agree to a trade you just get someone in a party and click their name. One of the options that pops up will be "Invite to Trade."

Right now the value of items is crashing hard thanks to supply constantly increasing. Keys have never been more valuable.

On another note, I'd be interested in trading for a Dominus GT. :) Probably don't have much you'd be interested in, though.

This is just my opinion but they'll remain trash to me. they don't pull rates anymore and are only currency to push up CC3 sales, most people who want the items already have them, and the most sought after items, painted lightning/photons can be acquired with a much higher rate of certainty without opening crate yourself. To top that off we'll likely get a CC4 before long anyway. One thing worth bearing in mind however is even if the sale price is awful now, they may eventually be discontinued and spike again.
I think you're right.

Pejo

Sadly there is no in-game market so you'll have to resort to outside websites like RL Exchange on Reddit or the RL trading thread on Steam. Once you agree to a trade you just get someone in a party and click their name. One of the options that pops up will be "Invite to Trade."

Right now the value of items is crashing hard thanks to supply constantly increasing. Keys have never been more valuable.

On another note, I'd be interested in trading for a Dominus GT. :) Probably don't have much you'd be interested in, though.

I think you're right.

Thanks for the info on this! Is there a way I can view your tradable inventory to see if there's anything that catches my eye, or do you just have to tell me what you've got on the table?

Afro

That... that was incredible.

The behind-the-back move was just disgusting (probably my greatest move on the ground) and it was ruined by "TheGoofyRussian" betrayal. Then mockingly demolished by the opposition. Then all hope lost.

edit: and that W would gotten me to Challenger Elite running solo 3v3 standard.

Most heartbreaking RL story ever posted.

edit 2: re-installing.

We just deployed a hotfix that adjusts how Rocket League’s Competitive Skill Tiers are assigned to players and wanted to give you all some more information on what's changing.

We just deployed two changes to address this and better distribute the active competitive player-base across the Skill Tiers:

Skill Tier thresholds have been lowered to include more players in the Star and Champion tiers.

Skill Tier Thresholds are now configured differently based on which mode you’re playing. The skill curve for 1v1 looks a little different than 3v3, for instance. This means Doubles now has different criteria for reaching Grand Champion than Solo Standard does. Each playlist should see similar percentages of players reach Champion tier and above. Because there are more total players playing Doubles, you’ll see more Doubles Grand Champions overall.
In terms of how this will affect your personal rankings: most players at Challenger and above will see themselves gain anywhere from ½ to 2 skill tiers. For instance, a Rising Star in Doubles might now be considered a Shooting Star or a low-division All-Star. Prospect-ranked players will move less so -- from no change to roughly half a rank.

Your ranks are not automatically updated, but winning matches will quickly calibrate you to the correct new rankings. Listed below, are some visuals of the overall Skill Distribution for Competitive Doubles for Season 3, before and after the changes.

Does this mean I'll finally make star?

Shantom

I went from Challenger Elite Div 3 to Rising Star Div V after one win in doubles, so the changes are pretty big. It's a shame this update didn't happen when I was in Rising Star.

Edit: Rising Star Div 1 to Shooting Star Div 5 in solo duel. Challenger 3 Div 3/4 to Challenger Elite Div V in solo standard. I might get All Star for the first ever time.

I finally made it!
Feels a lil cheap tbh
38B8191F908AE74C0253CDC20F79013B0DE66AA3

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Um....guys? Why did I just go from rising star div 1 in 1v1 to shooting star div 5 in ONE GAME?! I'm not joking. I must have been a single loss away from demotion to challenger elite, I won a game and now I'm shooting star div 5.

Afro

How come, for this game specifically, it seems like the skill ceiling is so damn high?

I've been playing competitive games ever since the birth of Xbox Live and I'm usually near the top percentile skill-wise, no brag. Why, however, does it seem like getting past Rising Star is so hard (solo, standard 3v3) no matter how well I play? Is it much easier w/ a premade? Or do I just need to git gooder?

edit:

Um....guys? Why did I just go from rising star div 1 in 1v1 to shooting star div 5 in ONE GAME?! I'm not joking. I must have been a single loss away from demotion to challenger elite, I won a game and now I'm shooting star div 5.

wtf

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's funny because my first ranked game tonight that I lost I was whining afterwards when I saw he was shooting star. THIS MATCHMAKING IS BULLSHIT. One game later I win and now I'm shooting star. Alrightythen. Also I'm All Star in 2v2 now. Cool.

In other news, unranked is still fucked for me matchmaking wise. Ive been playing a bunch of 1v1s unranked with the intent on losing to all these insanely good players so eventually my mmr will go to where it's supposed to be. Lost a bunch today, won zero as expected. Still playing these insane people. Hopefully it wont be too long before I start to see correct matchmaking.

I have had to "son" so many little shits tonight.

Wrecking my aerials, driving into the other teammate, not rotating, ball-chasing, trying to solo, you know the type.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm raging so f****** hard right now. You can't imagine it. I wanted to play Doubles to see how my rank would change after this hotfix. First match I had a garbage teammate and the second match was with a guy being afk, but he wasn't kicked, so that fu**** was there and just watched. I closed the game after more than a minute and I honestly don't care about the matchmaking ban. F*** this sh**!

If my rank won't change because of these two matches, then f*** off Rocket League.

Edit: I'll never play Ranked with randoms again. NEVER!

fGvoqsm.gif

VLiberty

still the usual shit even with the new ranking. I lost to two teams that were uber shit, I'm so mad right now

first match: before the start of the game, the mate purposefully leaves (he votes, then after a second he leaves). 5 minutes 2vs1, game ended 4-6 but the opponents were so crappy, with a decent mate this would've ended 10-0

second match: what's worse than being 2vs1? being 3vs1. The piece of shit of a mate didn't make a single good thing, a good pass or shot or ANYTHING, instead made 3 clear assists for the opponents, and scored an o.g.
the opponents were nothing special, but if 2vs1 is hard, 3vs1 is even worse

edit: this is challenger elite

TheKeyPit

Banned
For fuck's sake! They broke the matchmaking! I'm (as Rising Star) getting matched with Shooting Star and All-Star players in Ranked Duel. The game thinks that I should be one of those ranks due to the hotfix and now I'm getting matched against these players that are originally at these ranks. It will take some time for this shit to adjust and I won't be a part of it. I just lost 2 matches with more than 5 goals difference. This isn't fun and I expect it to be like that for a while. Thank you Psyonix.

------

Edit: Something else: I'm still mad for Psyonix removing the losing-streak.

------

Got to Rising Star Div 2 in Doubles with a friend. Lost two times against the same team. Welcome back Challenger Elite Div 5. Typical Rocket League.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno, for me I've found a much better experience in solo q - my team mates are consistently better. Not sure if it's luck or a result of the new tiering, but I'm grateful either way.

edit: 12 champion 2 crates - :*(

Top Bottom