• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

PSY・S;220568233 said:
i actually had it the whole time but never got a notification for it or the rest of the items, just the first two. i hate myself but at least i got it lmao.

That totally happened to me too! Wanted it most. No notification. Then just saw it there. Glad you got it as of course it is OP.

I love the look of this car and will probably use it until there is an Export Octane. Ink Trail, Black Sunbursts, Octane Shisa Decal, Toon matte paint
BHU1JPn.png

Since the Rumble update I've used the following cars: Masamune, X-Devil Mk2, Road Hog XL, Merc (for Rumble), Dominus GT, Octane, Marauder, Takumi RXT, original Takumi, Breakout Type-S. I'd have to say the Takumi--since it got its hitbox enlarged to Octane size--is a surprisingly great car.

The new Takumi probably fits the new hitbox better (same with the Road Hog XL), but I really don't like the new engine noise on the RXT. Sounds like a dying cat. The original Takumi sounds fine, but the GT clearly has the best engine sound in the game. Sometimes I play with it just for that. I like the GT better in 3s compared to 2s, though. I prefer cars with a slightly taller hitbox (Octane types) for 2s, though I've been using the Type-S lately for everything.

If people haven't played with the Takumi in a while, you should check it out. You'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

I think the issue with the Takumi is the visual not quite matching up with the hitbox. They enlarged the hitbox so it's supposed to pretty much match the Octane. However, if you look at the RXT, you can see it's longer than the original. My guess is the RXT matches up a little closer while the original might feel off. Might not be best for accurate aerial hits, but all around a good car.

When I want a longer hitbox, I go for GT, Breakout or Batmobile. The tradeoffs are their low hitboxes and the fact their nose sometimes gets caught on the ground if you flip too fast.

Salsa

went from Shooting Star to Superstar playing these days after the update and im legit having a better time and better teammates / opponents.

J. Bravo

I'm getting some p bad pain in my right hand that I'm fairly confident is carpal tunnel related from my 8 hour rocket league marathon the other day. I use a ds4. Any suggestions? Claw grip, different controller, hand exercises?

Soulflarz

Banned
elo hell might not exist but holy shit challengers is braindead and just waiting for meh teammates to hit basic things

I don't hate it but got to 3 already, I'm just falling asleep?
elite

zz

yeah solo carry isn't really doable in elite anymore, I remember getting stuck in old challenger 2/3 for a bit also, solely because people are good enough you can't trickshot them and you have to pray your team is *decent*
rip purples, im bored, elite 4

i was watching a guy at challenger elite in US-West. Yeah, the skill is higher in OCE at Challenger Elite-Shooting Star. I think our "pros" are not as good as the other regions "pros" but i feel overall we have a higher skill. It might've just been this one guy though

I'm trying to get a Breakout Type S for Orange Neptune wheels, 3xc1, 3xc2 and 3xc3. No luck so far. Bad deal?

It's pretty close to fair value. This is probably about 4-5 keys in value. Type S is currently going for 5-6 keys. However, keys are usually valued over comparable items. If you don't get any offers, it's probably because people don't like crates or perhaps the wheels. You may want to try trading your stuff for keys. By the time you finish doing that, the Type S might be down to 4-5 keys and you'll be set.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's pretty close to fair value. This is probably about 4-5 keys in value. Type S is currently going for 5-6 keys. However, keys are usually valued over comparable items. If you don't get any offers, it's probably because people don't like crates or perhaps the wheels. You may want to try trading your stuff for keys. By the time you finish doing that, the Type S might be down to 4-5 keys and you'll be set.

No key trading on Xbox.

Edit: Looks like I could get a Breakout Type S in ~20 hours.

Edit2: I'm nearly All-Star in Standard and I've seen it all. Solo teams crushing a full team, solo teammates being shit as always, thrilling matches, ridiculous matches.

^^^ yup no matter how high you get it's still a bit of a crapshoot with what you are going to get. i guess it helps keep things interesting ;)

Soulflarz

Banned
^^^ yup no matter how high you get it's still a bit of a crapshoot with what you are going to get. i guess it helps keep things interesting ;)

Well, current all star was what, ch elite/rising star? That's not really high enough- simple techskill will get you there if you're consistent iirc.

Regardless of recent rank shift All Star is in top 6% of all players in solo and around 13% for standard. At these numbers you would expect pretty consistent level of play but there is still huge variation in skill. Even with grand champs because there are so few they get paired with lower levels to get matches. Matchmaking gets better at higher levels but not exponentially. You need luck to get consistently good matches.

TheKeyPit

Banned
C1 are like 4 for a key, C2 are like 6 for a key and c3 are like 3 for 2 keys.

Also here si what all my trading has led up to. Gonna make a gif soon. Still working on maybe getting colored tired for them. Maybe white for the blue side and orange for the red?

Nice. White Troika wheels would have been nice for your blue car, but they decided to make those not available in painted variants...

Maybe white for the blue side and orange for the red?

I like using chakram with the Type S, perhaps because the original picture of it was equipped with chaks. (With the old Breakout I mostly use sunbursts or painted photons because they're kind of retro but with big rims and low profile tires.) With your color schemes, I'd recommend white and yellow chaks for the Type S.

If you haven't seen white chaks, they're more like off-white, though I'm assuming most of the white wheels are like this (sunburst are the same). So it's debatable whether they would look the best. But I would definitely recommend saffron over orange chaks for your other setup. Saffron is brighter and more versatile, and you don't have to match the colors exactly to it. It's an underrated wheel color.

I like using chakram with the Type S, perhaps because the original picture of it was equipped with chaks. (With the old Breakout I mostly use sunbursts or painted photons because they're kind of retro but with big rims and low profile tires.) With your color schemes, I'd recommend white and yellow chaks for the Type S.

If you haven't seen white chaks, they're more like off-white, though I'm assuming most of the white wheels are like this (sunburst are the same). So it's debatable whether they would look the best. But I would definitely recommend saffron over orange chaks for your other setup. Saffron is brighter and more versatile, and you don't have to match the colors exactly to it. It's an underrated wheel color.

Hmm.. Trying to find chak pics. May consider that.

Any on PC want to trade for cheap. I have
Any two for one key
Cert Octane Distortion
Cert Roadhog Carbonated
Dragon Lord
Breakout Falchion
Breakout Turbo
Masamune Oni
Octane Shisa

Black Devil Horns for One key

Top Bottom