• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

magawolaz

Anyone playing on PS4 around this time? (evening in EU)
I could use some friends. I'm around level 40, nick in profile

EDIT: no one? :((

AlexIIDX

How the fuck anyone can make it to blue ranks in standard playing alone is beyond me. I want to destroy my controller right now. Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss, Loss. Fucking experts and masters partied up with semi pros.

Lol, this fucking game man. I just had the opposing team giving me shit because I was bumping them. WTF, is that not a legit strategy? Is this game full of fucking babies?

mine crashed and deleted it yeah. thank god for cloud saves.

--these blues smurfs are AMAZING in 1s
i lovee it, so much practice on my ps4 on break without leveling, playing people in shooting star who are grand champs in 2s!

nice to see us old ones still improve ^_^

The amount of smurfs I'm seeing is pretty mind blowing to be honest. I'm not really seeing much difference in the quality of players, or at least not what I expected which would have been rookie's barely able to hit the ball. A relief to be honest.I don't think I had cloud saving enabled since it could be a pain sometimes when I had really slow internet and needed to head out fast, mine was because W10 crapped out on me during a game. I tried searching up my local saves too and only had 2 files both from the same date rather than the roughly 10 it should have had. Semi-pro now :/

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Played a match of Rocket League again after being away from it for a while and that was all it took to get me right back into it again. Rumble mode is a nice dumb way to spend matches, can't really get mad if you lose. I'm still getting those annoying issues though where my car almost seems to...teleport? Almost like the game hitches for a split second and repositions me. Pretty sure it's not lag either as I always have a green ping. Does this happen to anyone else?

That's often due to lag and packet loss. Happens to me all the time. The ingame ping doesn't update fast enough to indicate when you're having intermittent issues.

vewn

Bots can be better than some players. I've seen it all.

This.
I won a 0:4 comeback yesterday as one of the guys on my team left and the game kept the bot for the last minute.
Atleast bots tend to not bump me when I'm taking a shot on net...

It's games like these that make me remember why this game is amazing:
anything can happen.

Soulflarz

Banned
The amount of smurfs I'm seeing is pretty mind blowing to be honest. I'm not really seeing much difference in the quality of players, or at least not what I expected which would have been rookie's barely able to hit the ball. A relief to be honest.I don't think I had cloud saving enabled since it could be a pain sometimes when I had really slow internet and needed to head out fast, mine was because W10 crapped out on me during a game. I tried searching up my local saves too and only had 2 files both from the same date rather than the roughly 10 it should have had. Semi-pro now :/

Theres kinda a joy of being competent in 2s at ~super champion level, or low grand champion

It makes a smurf in challenger who loses very angry lol.
Then again, am I a smurf solely because I don't touch half the playlists or my ps4 account? RIP

VLiberty

we're up 2-1. mate A doesn't want to steal mate B's gol and lets opponents save it last second, then they run a perfect counterattack and score 2-2

i've been playing casual for a few weeks now and i'm enjoying it much more but this kind of shit still makes me mad sometimes

raviolico

Sorry, i'm very late to this but was the loud fan noise / overheating issue definitely patched out on PS4? Thanks in advance.

Some help guys...

I have 4 CC2 crates and 7 CC3 crates and don't know what to do with them. I have no intrest in buying keys. What are my options? Are they even worth anything? Does anybody want them?

Grinchy

Banned
I just got my second C3 crate. My first one dropped the day that C3's were introduced. My crate luck has not been great.

Sorry, i'm very late to this but was the loud fan noise / overheating issue definitely patched out on PS4? Thanks in advance.

It´s a brandnew PS4 lol. Anyone else?
Yeah, it's fine now. The problem was they had like an uncapped frame rate on the menu screen, so the system would go crazy. I have the UC collection PS4 from last holiday and the worst it gets is occasionally a very, very quiet but high pitched whine when playing. Though I get that on most games.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Another day, another shit show.

Edit: I wanted to play with my team for a little bit two days ago. We lost our first 3 matches in such a way that I immediately stopped playing. I used my precious time to play something else instead.

Only bought the game recently.

Been playing a bit of ranked solo, but last night frustrated me a shit ton, so I'm going to get a little. It wasn't overly late (11 PM) and there were plenty of people on my server (EU), but for some reason I got matched against the same player in three of four matches. I lost every single time, he was ranked higher, clearly better than me.

Losing against different players isn't even horrible, comparatively. But the same guy? 3 times? Come on, Psyonix, that's just not fun.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Only bought the game recently.

Been playing a bit of ranked solo, but last night frustrated me a shit ton, so I'm going to get a little. It wasn't overly late (11 PM) and there were plenty of people on my server (EU), but for some reason I got matched against the same player in three of four matches. I lost every single time, he was ranked higher, clearly better than me.

Losing against different players isn't even horrible, comparatively. But the same guy? 3 times? Come on, Psyonix, that's just not fun.

I've been through that. Did you drop a division?

Lol, this fucking game man. I just had the opposing team giving me shit because I was bumping them. WTF, is that not a legit strategy? Is this game full of fucking babies?

I ALWAYS do this. Especially when going for a center or a pass. Always go for the demo on the person in the net as I'm rotating out.

There have been so many easy goals because of this.

Or if I'm rotating back and there's someone to demon on the way, I go for it. One less person to make a goal. Anything to disrupt the flow for the other team.

J. Bravo

I ALWAYS do this. Especially when going for a center or a pass. Always go for the demo on the person in the net as I'm rotating out.

There have been so many easy goals because of this.

Or if I'm rotating back and there's someone to demon on the way, I go for it. One less person to make a goal. Anything to disrupt the flow for the other team.

That's just good rocket league. Only problem is when you go out of the way to get someone and miss or your teammate gets rekt

Grinchy

Banned
I love when I'm rotating back and there's an opponent just sitting in one place waiting for a pass so I can get the easy demo. I love it even more when that person gets salty about it, as if it wasn't exactly the right thing to do in that situation.

Top Bottom