• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
about to re-buy this on PC - haven't played my PS4 copy in ages but my friends on Steam play and i'm going to join them

any consensus on which DLC cars are worth picking up?

Soulflarz

Banned
Reminder rank does not matter- focus on improving
I'm throwing my PC ranks away (only care about ps4 atm, if that) to practice rebounds and wall hits, yolo. Wasn't going to smurf to purple anyways on pc, so I don't mind :p

about to re-buy this on PC - haven't played my PS4 copy in ages but my friends on Steam play and i'm going to join them

Dominus
That's it.

Alternatively be me and never change from s1 :p

Soulflarz

Banned
that's what i've been reading online. was hoping the bat-car would be up there but whatever.

any point to buying the goty edition with the extra 2 dlc packs?

"To support the devs" is the answer, but that money can probably go elsewhere easier- the devs are by no means bleeding anymore :p
I buy the dlc anyways cause I'm insane.

*up 3-0*
*teammate asks to forfeit then leaves*
randoms.jpg, will forever be the reason my ps4 and pc ranks are always miles off

Norfair

The Takumi possibly?

Also, is it possible to get the import skins if for the Dominus and Takumi if you didn't buy the expansion cars?

I'm a bit scared for my beloved Backfire. No one seems to play with it. I hope they don't scrap it in the future. Anyone else love that car?

Yes. Was my first main.

That's the only car I use. (Until recently because of some crate stuff I got. I'm planning on going back to Backfire when I get some cool wheels)

I never see anyone else using it. Doesn't seem to get love as far as items go either.

ew backfire

u just mad cuz you get wreck'd by backfires

that's what i've been reading online. was hoping the bat-car would be up there but whatever.

any point to buying the goty edition with the extra 2 dlc packs?
Avatar is used by a lot of pros who like aerials because of how long it is. Takumi comes with the dominus and as recently made a body clone of the octane so it's a good car as well.

Is the new arena non standard? It's hexagon isn't it? I have 35 keys but I refuse to open cases especially because they will be worth a bunch of keys for trading. When the octane hits ten keys I will trade for one. Curious to see what else we get in this case. I think the devs confirmed new black market skins as well.

dawid

is it gone from ranked??

They will introduce the ability to veto certain arenas.
gif_arena-preferences-high-res.gif

With this new feature, you have a limited number of 'Likes' or 'Dislikes' that you can assign to the Arenas of your choice to increase or decrease your likelihood of playing them again in online matches. You can apply these preferences to all game types, but if you want extra control, you can fine-tune your 'Likes" and 'Dislikes' per playlist.

Doesn't sound like a 100% veto, but i sure hope so.

They will introduce the ability to veto certain arenas.
gif_arena-preferences-high-res.gif

Doesn't sound like a 100% veto, but i sure hope so.

Goodbye Wasteland and Neo Tokyo. Starbase you have a week to impress me or you're out too. I kind of liked it in rumble but I can't imagine I'll get on with it in standard. Really wish we'd got Pillars first.

v1lla21

Neo Tokyo the greatest. Once you figure out how to play it, it becomes easier. A lot of people just rush and boost like if it were a normal map and that's what fucks em up.

ErichWK

Goodbye Wasteland and Neo Tokyo. Starbase you have a week to impress me or you're out too. I kind of liked it in rumble but I can't imagine I'll get on with it in standard. Really wish we'd got Pillars first.

I am gonna veto everything but wasteland and neo tokyo. I hope we match together.

Wehrwolf

I got this game when it was free on ps+, but decided I wanted to replace it with a paid copy for if I go without ps+ for a time.

I thnk I have to delete my current copy of it to do so, is that correct?

Can I do that and keep my progress on the game?

Soulflarz

Banned
I got this game when it was free on ps+, but decided I wanted to replace it with a paid copy for if I go without ps+ for a time.

I thnk I have to delete my current copy of it to do so, is that correct?

Can I do that and keep my progress on the game?

ha

well uh, funny story there about buying games you have on ps+...

I am gonna veto everything but wasteland and neo tokyo. I hope we match together.

n o

Probably ~24 hours left until the patch goes live.

Dang, I've been lucky enough for most patches to go out around midnight GMT the last few times I was waiting on one. Ah well, guess I'll have to pick up some new stuff tomorrow instead.

I just only use octane
lel

I spent 250hr with breakout beforehand so I prob can use that car easily still?

Ah I have to cycle a lot for some reason. I go between Octane, Breakout and Dominus. Usually if I'm doing bad with one I'll do fine with another.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just only use octane
lel

I spent 250hr with breakout beforehand so I prob can use that car easily still?

edit: I used paladin before breakout :^)

rip offer to help a guy get to 2s champ
rip 2 ranks of my shooting star, was up ~700 points on him

why do people not understand that you have to go up fast on shots at mid-high level? It makes passes impossible to get in when they don't

J. Bravo

got my first purple rank :D in 2s. hovering between div 4 and 2 for the most part. noticeable dropoff in skill between the divisions tbh. also hit div 3 superstar in 1s. ever since that guy released his unranked to GC in less than 50 games video, i've shot up. i took his advice of playing smart. not as many stupid challenges. ez

Fuck. I love Neo Tokyo. Variety is the spice of life, folks.

I like wall play, it's my weakest field and I need to practice it. Neo Tokyo cares not for wall play. In fact it completely changes how the sides of the pitch work so whatever I learn there can't be taken to other matches. I DID love it for the first week since it's easy to carry the ball around the corner and dunk it, but people caught on quickly and I've just lost interest over time.

I'd love each map to have a standard version though since I really like the visuals.

Soulflarz

Banned
got my first purple rank :D in 2s. hovering between div 4 and 2 for the most part. noticeable dropoff in skill between the divisions tbh. also hit div 3 superstar in 1s. ever since that guy released his unranked to GC in less than 50 games video, i've shot up. i took his advice of playing smart. not as many stupid challenges. ez

yeah 2s purple is prettyyy easy :V

*tried from near fresh account on ps4, all star w/ one loss in one sitting, superstar 4 2nd sitting*
I'll get around to booting ps4 again one day

J. Bravo

*tried from near fresh account on ps4, all star w/ one loss in one sitting, superstar 4 2nd sitting*

I'll get there p quick in 1s too i think. i play 5-10 matches to warm up for 2s

Soulflarz

Banned
I'll get there p quick in 1s too i think. i play 5-10 matches to warm up for 2s

I suck at 1s though so rip me unlike you

though I started playing 1s again after never caring yesterday, already shooting star 5 (from like, idk, rising star or some joke rank?)

Looking forward to the update!

I've been champ twice but didn't last long either time. Now I'm pretty happy to stay afloat in Superstar. Being in the top ~1% of players isn't that easy. :p

Funny how your perspective can change in this game about what's good, bad, easy, etc. as you accumulate hours.

I wonder how long till the octane hits ten keys. I'll trade for it then. Gotta see the boosts. The tires are cool but I like my photons better. I'll be trading my cases. Just some advice the key value for those new cases will be insanely high today and the prices from the items inside will drop drastically by next week. A little patience goes a long way.
NRzsTZncpSRmU.gif

Top Bottom