• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

rafaelr

Patchnotes 1.25

NEW CONTENT
ARENA
Starbase ARC is now available in all playlists.

Wasteland (Night) is now available in all playlists.

Utopia Coliseum (Snowy) is now available in all playlists.
Utopia Coliseum (Snowy) will stay in all online playlists through early 2017.
Utopia Coliseum (Snowy) is a permanent addition to the Snow Day playlist.

ANTENNAS
Satellite Antenna
Video Game Awards Flag (Updated for 2016)
Noclip Community Flag
NZXT Community Flag
SDMN FC Community Flag
Vikkstar Community Flag
(DLC) BATTLE-CARS
Added "Vulcan" DLC Battle-Car, including...
(DLC) Six new Decals:
(DLC) Combat
(DLC) Cryo Flames
(DLC) Medic
(DLC) Space Worm
(DLC) ARC
(DLC) Armada

(DLC) One new Wheel:
(DLC) Vulcan

DECALS
Flower Power (Merc)

The following skins have received a visual upgrade when used on the upgraded Gizmo and X-Devil:
Lightning
Flames
Skulls
Stars
Stripes
Tech
Wings

ROCKET TRAILS
Lightning Yellow Boost

HOLIDAY 2016
New Year’s 2017 Glasses Topper
Elf Hat Topper
Nutcracker Antenna

All 2015 Items:
Xmas Rocket Trail
Blitzen Topper
Christmas Tree Topper
Sad Sapling Topper
Santa Topper
Candy Cane Antenna
Holiday Gift Antenna

CHANGES AND UPDATES
GENERAL
"Champions Crate IV" can now be found rarely after online matches.
The new Crate features all-new items including the "Octane ZSR" Import Body.
The "Gizmo" and "X-Devil" Battle-Cars have received visual upgrades.

Custom Training
A new “Custom Training” editor has been added that allows players to create training sequences, and share them with others through PsyNet.
When you upload a sequence to PsyNet, a unique alphanumeric code is generated that you can use to share online.
The default “Browse” view shows the most played sequences on your platform to make it easy to discover new ways to train.
You can “Favorite” sequences to quickly access them later from the “Favorites” tab.
For the initial “v1” release, all Custom Training sequences are platform-specific.

Color Blind Support
A new “Color Blind Mode” option has been added to the Options menu that forces all cars and team colors to the default, high-contrast Orange and Blue shades.
A new “High Contrast Nameplates” option has been added that changes the shape and outline of the opposing team’s nameplates.

Postgame Highlights
At the end of each match, match highlight replays will now be played in the background behind the scoreboard.
The scoreboard can now be hidden with a button press to better view the match highlights.

Master Volume Control
A Master Volume Control slider has been added to Audio Options that allows players to adjust the overall volume of the game without having to change each category individually.

Controller Deadzone
A new Controller Deadzone option has been added that allows players to specify how large of an analog stick input deadzone they want.
The default value of 0.3 means that you must tilt the analog stick 30% of the way in a direction before your car begins to change directions on the ground or in the air.
Reducing this value makes your steering more sensitive, but can also lead to unintended changes in direction.
This value does not affect how the game detects directional dodge move input.

(PC) Steam Workshop Map Support
The Steam Workshop has been enabled for PC players that wish to create and/or play custom community maps.
To participate, visit the “Workshop” section of the Rocket League Steam Community site and click the “Subscribe” button on any content that interests you, and the content will be automatically downloaded by Steam.
Open Rocket League, navigate to “Workshop” under the “Extras” menu to view and play downloaded content.
For content creators, we have provided the Workshop Uploader tool with this Steam build that allows you to publish map content to the Steam Workshop.

Arena Preferences
An “Arenas” button has been added to the Playlist menu that allows players to “Like” or “Dislike” specific maps.
“Liking” an arena increases the odds that you will play on it in online matches, while “Disliking” has the opposite effect.
When a server chooses the next Arena, the servers factors in the preferences of all connected players. A map is less likely to be chosen if multiple players “Dislike” said map.
Default: Your preferences are applied to all Playlists by default.
Custom: “Likes” and “Dislikes” can be changed on each Playlist.

Rocket Labs Updates
The Rocket Labs playlist has been retired.
All active Rocket Labs maps have been added to Casual Playlists
With the release of Starbase ARC, Octagon has been removed from the pool of active Lab maps.
Double Goal has been re-added to the active Labs map pool in all Casual Playlists..

Seamless Bot Replacement
When a player joins a match in progress, they are now spawned into the same position as the bot they are replacing.
Your camera will focus on the bot you will replace to let you orient yourself. A short countdown will play and you will be spawned into the match with control of your car.

BUG FIXES
GENERAL
Car customization will no longer be lost when equipping a licensed vehicle. Any incompatible items will now be re-attached when switching back to a non-licensed vehicle.
Aquadome wall distortion has been removed to fix double ball image issue.
Framerate on Aquadome has been improved for lower-end PCs.
Batmobile no longer “bounces” upon landing from a jump or aerial.
Players will no longer be randomly banned from matchmaking after a crash.
PS4 account data now properly loads when splitscreen is in use.
UI will no longer display the “New Item” indicator if the new item is a Crate and you have Crate notifications disabled.
Players no longer forced into matches if Party Leader joins a match.
Green shades of paint added to the primary car color selection in a previous update now work correctly in online matches.
The new Dualshock 4 controller is now natively supported on the PC version of Rocket League.

edit: holy shit, psyonix been busy!

Nete

When a player joins a match in progress, they are now spawned into the same position as the bot they are replacing.
Your camera will focus on the bot you will replace to let you orient yourself. A short countdown will play and you will be spawned into the match with control of your car.

Ohhh. That's a game changer for non-ranked.

EDIT: I need an option to autoskip (or just deactivate) the replays for Training mode. So many starts fucked due a bad click :(

TheKeyPit

Banned
A new “High Contrast Nameplates” option has been added that changes the shape and outline of the opposing team’s nameplates.
At the end of each match, match highlight replays will now be played in the background behind the scoreboard.
The scoreboard can now be hidden with a button press to better view the match highlights.
Controller Deadzone
A new Controller Deadzone option has been added that allows players to specify how large of an analog stick input deadzone they want.
The default value of 0.3 means that you must tilt the analog stick 30% of the way in a direction before your car begins to change directions on the ground or in the air.
Reducing this value makes your steering more sensitive, but can also lead to unintended changes in direction.
This value does not affect how the game detects directional dodge move input.Seamless Bot Replacement
Players will no longer be randomly banned from matchmaking after a crash.

Nice!

Anustart

I'm anxious to open a cc4. Anyone got one?? I got keys!

Edit: On steam. Actually leaving the house for a while but I'll be back.

dickroach

"LIKE" the top 4 standard arenas
"DISLIKE" aquadome and neo tokyo

literally the first two matches I play are aquadome and neotokyo. wtf rocket league

Did anyone else lose their settings and everything? It's kind of a relief since somehow I got my level back and am back at Legend again, but damn I hate having to work out my camera options again. Deadzone a new option by the way?

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else get visual issues on Neo Tokyo after the patch? The background was blurring and disappearing on me.

Opened the first one I got received Hot Shot Hi-Tech...sigh. Should have stuck to my guns and traded it. Worst luck for opening ever.

Octane's new animated skin is amazing btw.

Made a video of the crate content.

Link

Oh.....wait the unfinished arenas are now in standard unranked? Wow this is rough. I wanted spend those two dislikes on the dusty hell and Neo Tokyo but now there's three more I want to filter out as well since I don't really like playing test maps that often, I'd rather wait for them to be finished. I'm really not sure what to do now. I don't like ranked since pressure and no freedom to get creative and try new things, but now when one of those loads up I just QTD.

I was really looking forward to this update too, but somehow I totally missed that little detail and it's really ruined the game mode I spend almost all my time in IMO.

Oh.....wait the unfinished arenas are now in standard unranked? Wow this is rough. I wanted spend those two dislikes on the dusty hell and Neo Tokyo but now there's three more I want to filter out as well since I don't really like playing test maps that often, I'd rather wait for them to be finished. I'm really not sure what to do now. I don't like ranked since pressure and no freedom to get creative and try new things, but now when one of those loads up I just QTD.

I was really looking forward to this update too, but somehow I totally missed that little detail and it's really ruined the game mode I spend almost all my time in IMO.

I kind of agree. Since casual is casual there should just be a way to completely filter out a map I don't want to play.

New BM Decals

Link

Link

I kind of agree. Since casual is casual there should just be a way to completely filter out a map I don't want to play.

New BM Decals

Link

Link

It feels a shame to say it too, I love this game and want to be enthusiastic for almost anything they do but this ones really been a knock. I just wasn't expecting it. Guess I will get used to it though or will just have to practice more in those new tutorials and go play some ranked.

Whats the first one called by the way? It's amazing. Would love to have that one in my collection, may even sell my heatwave to try get one as the prices settle. I'm really holding out hope for a 'Galaxy' type skin though I don't know if they could make that work well.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Opened the first one I got received Hot Shot Hi-Tech...sigh. Should have stuck to my guns and traded it. Worst luck for opening ever.

Octane's new animated skin is amazing btw.

Made a video of the crate content.

Link

I got it from my first crate.

hng need to try

After ~2 hours of playing, it feels as normal as before, but I definitely have a better control over my car. Air Dribbles work much better. Placebo? I don't think so.

After ~2 hours of playing, it feels as normal as before, but I definitely have a better control over my car. Air Dribbles work much better. Placebo? I don't think so.

Yeah it's more responsive, can definitely feel the difference. Only problem is my right stick seems like it's not up to that task as my camera keeps randomly drifting left. Had to dial it up to .20 for now but I'll try to remember this since I'm getting an Elite controller soon.

By the way anyone who has the Vulcan and Heatwave should try pairing the two up. It has by far the best Heatwave animation if you ask me.

Soulflarz

Banned
i use ds4 like a pleb even though I have an elite controller :V

edit: stuttering on a 980
wtf?

edit: you also cant forfeit 1s- it sometimes hangs
NICE

Patch screwed up matchmaking a bit on PS4. Also why are rocket labs maps in standard rotation now? Who asked for that? They need to take those out asap.

Grinchy

Banned
Patch screwed up matchmaking a bit on PS4. Also why are rocket labs maps in standard rotation now? Who asked for that? They need to take those out asap.

That's something I've been wanting since the day that Rocket Labs became a thing.

It's just unranked, so who cares? Put those on the maps you hate list and you won't get them too often. In the meantime, everyone who does like them can actually play them and can play them with people who aren't trying Rocket League for the first time.

Soulflarz

Banned
god 2s blues low rank is painfully dull solo
no one goes up for anything lmao

anyone decent and lower rank than they think and wanna throw their 2s to at least mid blues? :V

"fucking rotate", says the guy who's mad when I 50-50 fast to save it :p

rising star 4->shooting star 3 so far in 1hr
bleh
*4 now

I like. Bought it for 13 then resold it again. Price is gonna drop very very quickly. I will have you again my love.

DFat9sq.png

Soulflarz

Banned
I'll never defile my octane, hmph

okay, pc solo'ing in 2s rank isn't awful anymore, ended shooting star 4. I'll take a promotion for the day, I can get it up whenever.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
A lot of my friends have had issues learning how to air dribble/wall drag and always ask me to teach them, so I put together a custom training to help them grind it out. I thought maybe some gaffers wouldn't mind the assistance as well, so here it is: C88A-B47B-B7DF-4137

A lot of my friends have had issues learning how to air dribble/wall drag and always ask me to teach them, so I put together a custom training to help them grind it out. I thought maybe some gaffers wouldn't mind the assistance as well, so here it is: C88A-B47B-B7DF-4137

Thanks! Will try this later today. The custom training mode is a god-send ( and surprisingly addictive! ).

servers down?

It's getting to the point where I feel like asking 'are the servers up?' is the better question. I'm genuinely surprised this happened this time though. It was obvious that whatever went wrong a week or so back was not temporary. Ever since the servers have been a bit off, with jumpy ping, slow MM and general instability. I figured they were aware of this and would have some fix in the patch but it seems they were under the impression that everything was fine again. Hopefully they now see that whoever the middle man is they only provided a band aid rather than a proper fix and get back on them.

Damn, even custom training relies on the same server and can't be learning redirects in the meantime

TheKeyPit

Banned
It's getting to the point where I feel like asking 'are the servers up?' is the better question. I'm genuinely surprised this happened this time though. It was obvious that whatever went wrong a week or so back was not temporary. Ever since the servers have been a bit off, with jumpy ping, slow MM and general instability. I figured they were aware of this and would have some fix in the patch but it seems they were under the impression that everything was fine again. Hopefully they now see that whoever the middle man is they only provided a band aid rather than a proper fix and get back on them.

Damn, even custom training relies on the same server and can't be learning redirects in the meantime

Not even self-made training sequences?

Not even self-made training sequences?

It won't even boot the custom training option without a connection to the servers annoyingly. Seems like a strange oversight since I downloaded a good few last night which I thought I'd be able to try while they fix the issue. Apparently you can use workshop made maps but I feel like I get more back from time invested in free play than doing an acrobatics course.

TheKeyPit

Banned
It won't even boot the custom training option without a connection to the servers annoyingly. Seems like a strange oversight since I downloaded a good few last night which I thought I'd be able to try while they fix the issue. Apparently you can use workshop made maps but I feel like I get more back from time invested in free play than doing an acrobatics course.

Thumbs down.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm confused how people have to learn redirects- that one actually came naturally to me, I tried it a few times, f'd up, got the hang of it, never really needed to relearn them when I returned even >_>

Then again I'm trash and miss them sometime :^) backflip pains

edit: dead servers? ugh

Top Bottom