• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm confused how people have to learn redirects- that one actually came naturally to me, I tried it a few times, f'd up, got the hang of it, never really needed to relearn them when I returned even >_>

Then again I'm trash and miss them sometime :^) backflip pains

edit: dead servers? ugh

What's wrong with training redirects? It's not like you have a lot of opportunities during real matches. I've already done more redirects with the new custom training than from playing normally.

I'm confused how people have to learn redirects- that one actually came naturally to me, I tried it a few times, f'd up, got the hang of it, never really needed to relearn them when I returned even >_>

I feel like all of your posts are humble brags at this point, lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
well idk, I feel like training stuff is still way too situational vs playing the actual match- teammates basically never pass like you'd expect for redirects, it's usually forced rip. Like this is referring to stuff of that sort, not say, air dribbles.

I feel like all of your posts are humble brags at this point, lol.

:^)
fwiw im shit and can't smurf to purple. If you want smugflarz, when I was good at OW :p

edit: how the hell do i go up and down when sideways on wallhits, I mix my up and down up x_X

Got matched against Lawler yesterday, that was pretty cool. He had a nice "RLCS Analyst" tag.

So far I've gotten one CC4 and I traded it for 2 keys. Looks like the value is settling at about 1.5 keys/crate now. Not awful but I was hoping for better. I plan on trading all the crates I get for a week or two, hopefully I can get 5-10 keys when all's said and done.

I really like Starbase ARC, it's easily the best non-standard map so far.

Pepiope

Got matched against Lawler yesterday, that was pretty cool. He had a nice "RLCS Analyst" tag.

So far I've gotten one CC4 and I traded it for 2 keys. Looks like the value is settling at about 1.5 keys/crate now. Not awful but I was hoping for better. I plan on trading all the crates I get for a week or two, hopefully I can get 5-10 keys when all's said and done.

I really like Starbase ARC, it's easily the best non-standard map so far.
That map is so badass. I love that most people arent used to the walls yet. So many easy goals.

That map is so badass. I love that most people arent used to the walls yet. So many easy goals.
The part that's weird for me is adjusting to the boost placement. You really have to commit to the boosts on the sides but the ones near the goals are much closer than on a standard map. Gives it a different flow which I like. I also feel like there are more opportunities for aerials because of how open and large the map is. Good stuff!

Is it just me or is the thumbs up system working in reverse? I've had Colosseum thumbed down and played it at least 10 times now. I've got thumbs up on Starbase and Snowtopia and I've only been lucky enough to see each one roll around once.

bbd23

Is it just me or is the thumbs up system working in reverse? I've had Colosseum thumbed down and played it at least 10 times now. I've got thumbs up on Starbase and Snowtopia and I've only been lucky enough to see each one roll around once.

i disliked neo tokyo and it was the first map I got

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I asked for custom training. I got what I asked for. But apparently I didn't ask for enough. I'm not learning jack shit with these training scenarios.....because I have no idea how I'm supposed to approach them. One tiny addition would make these perfect. Ghosts to watch. For every scenario uploaded there should be a ghost to watch so you can see how it's supposed to look. All the practice in the world isn't going to help me if I don't know how to do what the game is asking. I need examples to watch. Give me something to copy.

Also just a little shoutout to the secret best new feature with this update. YOU CAN HIDE ALL CHAT EXCEPT QUICKCHAT NOW! I CAN CHOOSE NOT TO EXPERIENCE THIS TOXIC COMMUNITY BUT STILL KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING ON KICKOFFS! YESSSSSSS!

Soulflarz

Banned
Also just a little shoutout to the secret best new feature with this update. YOU CAN HIDE ALL CHAT EXCEPT QUICKCHAT NOW! I CAN CHOOSE NOT TO EXPERIENCE THIS TOXIC COMMUNITY BUT STILL KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING ON KICKOFFS! YESSSSSSS!

What a save!

(RL is the most toxic community because the skill gaps are noticeable and it's frustrating for those guys, or those who are lower and don't understand how to play but still think x or y was a bad option)

Pepiope

The part that's weird for me is adjusting to the boost placement. You really have to commit to the boosts on the sides but the ones near the goals are much closer than on a standard map. Gives it a different flow which I like. I also feel like there are more opportunities for aerials because of how open and large the map is. Good stuff!
Yeah I can't wait to see how high level team play becomes on this map. So much room for the dribbs and passes.
can confirm, what the hell are walls

same for neo tokyo still

edit: Shit I suck at 1s pep teach me senpai etc
I suck at 1s too :(

HOLY SHIT.

your tires make tracks in the snow on utopia now.
AridEducatedDuckbillplatypus-size_restricted.gif

What are your guys keybinds? Seeing a lot about people moving boost to a bumper for easier double jumping. It's something I really do have an issue with. It a thousand hours in game feels so strange when I change anything.

What are your guys keybinds? Seeing a lot about people moving boost to a bumper for easier double jumping. It's something I really do have an issue with. It a thousand hours in game feels so strange when I change anything.
I used default for ~500 hours then I finally saw the light and mapped air roll/handbrake to R1. Now I'm kind of wishing boost was L1 but I'm like you... I don't know if I'm ready to go through that learning process again.

J. Bravo

I practice redirects because they're easier when i orient my car with air roll, but im trash at flying when i do that. so i need that practice

I used default for ~500 hours then I finally saw the light and mapped air roll/handbrake to R1. Now I'm kind of wishing boost was L1 but I'm like you... I don't know if I'm ready to go through that learning process again.

yeah I changed handbrake to a bumper a long time ago. Maybe i just gotta say screw it and make the change and hit training mode. Another suggestion is putting boost on X rather than B cause it makes it way easier to hit jump and boost at the same time but I kinda feel like I'm reaching over jump to hit boost and it bothers me.

Soulflarz

Banned
man, we went high, we fell from grace (25-5 ish), we did awful, we destro-- I'm so done with RL mentally
Half asleep, Rurujas the best, we both suck but we're good, etc.

data

I thought workshop support was supposed to be added with this update, but I don't see it, when is workshop support coming?

Soulflarz

Banned
You alright bro? :p

no

we were so good
then we were done ;_;

if you made a montage of it it would just be a blooper reel of us missing just about everything

crazy air dribble, drops right in front of their goal? Too bad we can't hit a basic shot on an empty net :^)

Still bitter Psyonix saw we were winning and decided it was time to give us a free loss

dickroach

getting back into singles after like a year. the 10 unranked matches:
11-0
8-1
7-0
3-9 (what?)
4-2 (forfeit :\)
4-3 (in OT. dude got real mind-gamey on me after I was up 3-0)
3-6 (whoops. missed a ton of shots)
4-3
1-3 (I forfiet. I was missing every fucking shot)
3-4

I swear I was getting shittier, the opponents weren't getting better (well after the first couple).
ended up Prospect II Division IV. feel like shit

so I'm back in 1v1. sitting at Challenger I in 2v2.
3v3 is still atrocious. love watching. can not stand playing it

I thought workshop support was supposed to be added with this update, but I don't see it, when is workshop support coming?

Was there yesterday. Downloaded a cool aerial training map. Did it get taken down? may have been the server issues they have been having.

Allforce

The Rocket Lab maps getting tossed into Casual is absolutely killing my joy for this game. One of those maps pops up and I just check out mentally and don't even want to play anymore.

The Rocket Lab maps getting tossed into Casual is absolutely killing my joy for this game. One of those maps pops up and I just check out mentally and don't even want to play anymore.

Yep. The one fault of this update. Nobody asked or wanted this. Needs to be remedied.

Soulflarz

Banned
There actually is an equivalent to wavedashing and it's a cool move for 1v1 situations.

give info
give

also RL frustrates me now that I understand high level fully- everything I do just has me sitting there annoyed that I didn't perform it more optimally- especially since I understand *how* to punish, I'm just not good at it at the moment. It's why I haven't lost a 1v1 without at least 5 more shots on the opponent.

Andd that's where skill comes in...knowing x...and being able to actually do it :x

edit: how do I explain
I can go up on an aerial and barely beat them (or tie!) and be annoyed because I realize I could have sufficiently scored by being there first if I just thought to go up 10 frames faster, but instead, I hesitate like a pleb still. I need to get good at "uncomfortable" shots at high speeds.
my first time annoyed at a game in ages, and it's at myself, of course.

Top Bottom