• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Bollocks

And here we are, C3 Solo Standard again, caught the mm system off guard it seems :p

That mode is pure luck.

My promotion game we were down 0:2, 2/3 forfeit, I didn't just yet and we end up winning.
Our 3rd guy had 70 points too.
I: gg
MVP: gg bollocks
So I look him up and he too is stuck in C3 solo standard, while superstar/c elite in the other modes :D

And here we are, C3 Solo Standard again, caught the mm system off guard it seems :p

That mode is pure luck.

My promotion game we were down 0:2, 2/3 forfeit, I didn't just yet and we end up winning.
Our 3rd guy had 70 points too.
I: gg
MVP: gg bollocks
So I look him up and he too is stuck in C3 solo standard, while superstar/c elite in the other modes :D

Wait, it's easier to rank up in the other modes? Is that just because you roll with a group usually or something else at play? Makes me wonder how much higher I would be if I wasn't sticking to Solo Standard.

Bollocks

Wait, it's easier to rank up in the other modes? Is that just because you roll with a group usually or something else at play? Makes me wonder how much higher I would be if I wasn't sticking to Solo Standard.

Yeah, I exclusively play solo and solo standard is the most unreliable mode, the skill gap is so wide, wall plays mixed with ball chasers, other modes are definitely easier to rank up.

I only keep coming back to solo standard because I'm a masochist

Yeah, I exclusively play solo and solo standard is the most unreliable mode, the skill gap is so wide, wall plays mixed with ball chasers, other modes are definitely easier to rank up.

I only keep coming back to solo standard because I'm a masochist

Yeah that was an eye opener. I've been fighting like hell to rank up on Solo Standard and now that I'm playing among blues here and there it's getting pretty intense to be honest. I just went to Standard and played the Challenger 3's were.....well consistently bad, whereas in Solo Standard you'd run into the occasional air dribbler.

I guess this would be a much easier mode to try hit those blues and maybe purples on.

Edit: Boom, Rising Star Div II. I feel like I've got at least another rank in me as yet too.

Soulflarz

Banned
1s is weird because it's diff playstyles mainly imo

ie- there IS a correct way (well, within reasonable degrees of variation, especially at higher level) to play 1s. It involves a ton of flicks and powershots if you're trying to do stuff that can't get you scored on by them sitting in goal and reacting. The issue is, learning that stuff is a LOT of losses. Every messed up flick done badly gets you stuffed and gets a free goal on you. If im on point, I'm in champ/sc, if I'm not, I fall down to all star. Some people get to champ by just waiting for people to mess up, but never really learn.
TL;DR some people get high in 1s by never learning.

edit: this applies to any playlist (see getting out of prospect never aerialing because aerials are risky at that point and why learn something that causes you losses) but in 1s it just takes you a TON farther. Awareness of how flicks work takes people to Super Champ without ever actually doing them themselves.

CHANGES AND UPDATES
BUG FIXES
Fixed a trade window issue causing painted item attributes to be incorrect.

Fixed an issue causing increased boost and air turn speed before the first kickoff in some cases

This issue was addressed in an earlier server-side update, and this client update will ensure its effectiveness

Faulty “Dodge Forward” binding that caused the “No Flip” speed exploit has been removed

Soulflarz

Banned
when're they fixing the posts

They fixed them for that one "ball went in and rolled out" angle but I still have shots in matches where both me and my opponent go 'uh that was in according to any physics the world could possibly run on' and I check the replay and it definitely was.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Jesus Christ, I'm still getting a 15 minute ban when the game crashes. I can't even choose to rejoin the game. God damn, how is this still happening. Fix it!

Edit: Down to All-Star after a loss streak. Seriously, FU.

Edit2: I'm going to clear my backlog. Screw this game.

rafaelr

anybody else having matchmaking issues again?
takes forever to find a game, and it can´t be for a lack of players (130k online).
happens pretty much regularly every day around primetime too.

PLAYER'S CHOICE CRATE VOTING RESULTS

Awful...
kv9i6aQ.png

Grinchy

Banned
What a horrible idea to let the public vote on that. I know we all have different ideas about what looks good or bad (I hate distortion) but having the same decal for every car? How boring.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Okay, I can't win a single match and now I'm at Division 3 All-Star. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I really hope that Rainbow Six Siege will keep me away from Rocket League. I know it will.

Redders

Made it to Rising Star for the first time in Doubles (and any mode) on Tuesday. Those blue wheels are mine!

Also went up 3 divisions in 3v3 Standard Challenger Elite after winning a game then getting invited to the team mates party and went on a 5 game win streak.

A successful night that was.

https://rocketleaguegame.com/news/rocket-league-toy-line-coming-spring-2017/
rl_zag_car_announce.jpg

Finally, Rocket League is coming to the real world! We're proud to announce today that we have teamed up with Zag Toys on a new line of Original Minis Pull-Back Racers.

Starting this Spring, 12 of our iconic Battle-Cars will be available for purchase as Racers, with each car housed in its own miniature Rocket Ball. These Original Minis will be similar to the toy cars we all grew up with (or if you’re me, still play with now). Pull the Racer back on the carpet or floor, wait as the power ratchet up, and let it fly!

We’re also bringing some unique in-game content with these new Original Minis, as some of the Racers will include a code that can be redeemed in Rocket League for a special Rocket Trail and Wheel!

Octane, Dominus, Masamune, Hotshot, Grog, X-Devil, Merc, and Backfire will all be part of the new Original Minis line, along with four limited variants to round out the first dozen Racers. Check out the GIF below to see the Racers in action!
Pull-back_Racer_Chat.gif

Need!

Grinchy

Banned
They should be sold in little toy crates so you don't know which one is inside until you open it and get pissed off.

AlexIIDX

Might have to throw in the towel in the quest for rising star. Keep clawing up to CE IV and then just beat down over and over. Ugh!

So I did a clean install of windows the other day to try sort of some of the W10 issues I keep having. I wasn't deleting RL off the drive it was on so it never occurred to me that I would lose all my replays with it. There goes my 200-300 clips that never got turned into a freestyle montage. :'(

So I did a clean install of windows the other day to try sort of some of the W10 issues I keep having. I wasn't deleting RL off the drive it was on so it never occurred to me that I would lose all my replays with it. There goes my 200-300 clips that never got turned into a freestyle montage. :'(

Yeah unfortunately the replays are stored in your documents folder :( bad luck man

Soulflarz

Banned
Might have to throw in the towel in the quest for rising star. Keep clawing up to CE IV and then just beat down over and over. Ugh!

Don't give up! Thats S2 Challenger 2/3, right? That area is hell, that's also where most players get stuck. Hm, it's possibly rotation, or could just be lack of mechanical skill yet, but either way, don't give up there-- once you get into blues is when stuff starts to become less generic in playstyle and it gets a lot more fun (and once again once you hit purples, and once again at gc!)

Yeah unfortunately the replays are stored in your documents folder :( bad luck man

It gets saved to cloud though, no? When my friend came over I got a billion replays added to my folder sadly.

AlexIIDX

Don't give up! Thats S2 Challenger 2/3, right? That area is hell, that's also where most players get stuck. Hm, it's possibly rotation, or could just be lack of mechanical skill yet, but either way, don't give up there-- once you get into blues is when stuff starts to become less generic in playstyle and it gets a lot more fun (and once again once you hit purples, and once again at gc!)

It's mostly mechanical I think. Ive just been playing standard and I don't have a team so I just play cautiously and make sure im not in bad spots. I still struggle in ball cam though. I just got so used to playing without it when I started playing that I try to use it as little as possible and I know it really screws me in some situations...Just trying to hit rising star before the season ends. 3 divisions away but it feels sooo far.

Perona

Finally made it to rising star after a long time of trying and hoping I'd make it before the season ended. I ended up winning 12 games in a row and by the last five my heart was beating really fast.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's mostly mechanical I think. Ive just been playing standard and I don't have a team so I just play cautiously and make sure im not in bad spots. I still struggle in ball cam though. I just got so used to playing without it when I started playing that I try to use it as little as possible and I know it really screws me in some situations...Just trying to hit rising star before the season ends. 3 divisions away but it feels sooo far.

Hm, wellll, define mechanical. When higher level people go 'oh it's mechanical', they're usually referring to a tough powershot, or missing a backboard rebounce because they misinputted ever so slightly. If you're not quite at that point, it's usually a reading issue that leads to a mechanical error.

An example of this is "oh I got an awful touch off the wall" happening 2/3rds of the time. It usually has to do with not understanding how to hit it properly off the wall yet, but isn't that you had a misclick or such.

Feel free to upload a replay from your perspective or something, I'm sure any of us in here would help :p (probs someone else, I might not be able to give the best advice. I know stuff theoretically a lot better than I can put it into practice, but that's because I'm still learning daily)

v1lla21

There's gonna be a tourney at a local place here but the person I usually play with can't make it :( hopefully I can find a good random.

I've yet to break into allstar. I'm really close lol.

I'm really starting to grow tired of the crate system now. Currently sitting at 32 crates, kinda want to get rid of them but it's practically impossible to find anything now. Any time I look for the item I'm after on Reddit all I get is a 1000 results of people posting their crappy 'stores' which I'd have to filter through on hopes of them actually having the item and not just some random combination of the search parameters.

Then there's the market itself which is just ridiculous. Crimson loopers? 60 keys right now for some unknown reason. When I had them they were virtually impossible to sell. Did they suddenly become attractive or is the market being completely manipulated with false demand? Cause it kinda feels like the latter. This isn't the first item I've observed this with either.

I'd just try sell the crates for keys but what's even the point when everyone suddenly values everything like gold? It's strange, the prices are high with new crates, drop off after a week or two then slowly climb to all time highs.

I'm really starting to grow tired of the crate system now. Currently sitting at 32 crates, kinda want to get rid of them but it's practically impossible to find anything now. Any time I look for the item I'm after on Reddit all I get is a 1000 results of people posting their crappy 'stores' which I'd have to filter through on hopes of them actually having the item and not just some random combination of the search parameters.

Then there's the market itself which is just ridiculous. Crimson loopers? 60 keys right now for some unknown reason. When I had them they were virtually impossible to sell. Did they suddenly become attractive or is the market being completely manipulated with false demand? Cause it kinda feels like the latter. This isn't the first item I've observed this with either.

I'd just try sell the crates for keys but what's even the point when everyone suddenly values everything like gold? It's strange, the prices are high with new crates, drop off after a week or two then slowly climb to all time highs.

Just checked and wow. Crimson reds are 40+ on PC. I bought band sold some for around 15 weeks ago. I wonder if they were a victim of price manipulation.

Just checked and wow. Crimson reds are 40+ on PC. I bought band sold some for around 15 weeks ago. I wonder if they were a victim of price manipulation.

There's definitely something a little weird going on there. The price just spiked like crazy out of nowhere and I can't really think of a reason why. The whole thing is really messy now though compared to how it was when the feature launched. Prices were higher on a number of items back then, but items passed hands much faster. Now finding someone even trading the item you want can be bothersome, let alone sifting through endlessly for one with a reasonable price. I wish they'd just ban the stupid 'store' posts or make a sub without them since they completely ruin the ability to search for stuff.

There's definitely something a little weird going on there. The price just spiked like crazy out of nowhere and I can't really think of a reason why. The whole thing is really messy now though compared to how it was when the feature launched. Prices were higher on a number of items back then, but items passed hands much faster. Now finding someone even trading the item you want can be bothersome, let alone sifting through endlessly for one with a reasonable price. I wish they'd just ban the stupid 'store' posts or make a sub without them since they completely ruin the ability to search for stuff.

What some of these guys do is buy as many as they possibly can for like 13-15 a piece and when they have bought a ton of them and not many are out in the market they start hitting up Discord, trading sites and reddit making posts looking for them at really high prices. They won't actually buy them from you at that price though. They are just planting that seed and making everyone think the value is that high. Then you see other owners themselves refuse to sell at low prices and bam price manipulation is successful.

What some of these guys do is buy as many as they possibly can for like 13-15 a piece and when they have bought a ton of them and not many are out in the market they start hitting up Discord, trading sites and reddit making posts looking for them at really high prices. They won't actually buy them from you at that price though. They are just planting that seed and making everyone think the value is that high. Then you see other owners themselves refuse to sell at low prices and bam price manipulation is successful.

Yeah that's what I figured may be going on. I'm pretty sure I witnessed the same thing happen with Crimson Lightnings back around the time the trade up exploit was discovered. I'll never understand why everyone is so focused on only crimson though.

Yeah that's what I figured may be going on. I'm pretty sure I witnessed the same thing happen with Crimson Lightnings back around the time the trade up exploit was discovered. I'll never understand why everyone is so focused on only crimson though.

Also happened with white zombas. They tend to focus on really attracted wheels and colors everyone wants.

Grinchy

Banned
I hate that white Zombas are like the only wheels I care about getting and their value has skyrocketed so ridiculously. It's weird how much the wheel values fluctuate.

The economy in this game sucks so much compared to Team Fortress 2, the last game I ever bothered doing trading stuff with.

I hate that white Zombas are like the only wheels I care about getting and their value has skyrocketed so ridiculously. It's weird how much the wheel values fluctuate.

The economy in this game sucks so much compared to Team Fortress 2, the last game I ever bothered doing trading stuff with.
It's just too easily manipulated. Some of these traders have thousands of keys.

AlexIIDX

Finallly hit Challenger Elite V after being stuck in 3 and 4 for the past few days and then lose 6 straight. My Uncharted controller is gone.

edit: 9 straight

how long did it take for TF2's market to stabilize? Is it even stable?

Everything was cheap in TF2 except for Unusual which were very rare. Honestly not sure if there is anything you guys can do regarding price manipulation. Aside from the three wheels that got bought up then had the price jacked the trade market seems fine.

Grinchy

Banned
Everything was cheap in TF2 except for Unusual which were very rare. Honestly not sure if there is anything you guys can do regarding price manipulation. Aside from the three wheels that got bought up then had the price jacked the trade market seems fine.

Yeah, not to mention that TF2 trading sites could use actual trading data to formulate item values. Since everything was done through Steam's inventory and trading systems, the data was there to be analyzed. We're never going to have that for Rocket League, so I don't know that there's really a solution. And honestly, the "problem" isn't that big to begin with. I hate complaining about things like this when everything else is so close to perfect.

Yeah luckily a lot of it is reasonable. It does suck to know some of these items will just stay out of reach like that though. I'd always wanted the crimson lightning but the absolutely insane price is dumb, especially when they're actually one of the less attractive ones since they're so dull. I think one of the reasons the manipulation irks me is a number of the people are well known scammers too if you chase their username history.

I still really hate what happened to the sub being swamped with stores though. Simply finding what you want has become a chore.

Top Bottom