• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Exuro

Having some trouble with basic bar chords not registering. I've been playing Round n Round a bit now and for some reason the single notes on the E and A string register fine but doing the fifth and seventh fret down to one and third fret chords don't want to register. Any tips on what to do? I figured out that my dB was too high as I was having some other chords not register and changing that fixed those but I can't get the simple barre chords to register...
(not 100% its called a bar/barre chord but hopefully you know what I'm talking about)

Xyber

Having some trouble with basic bar chords not registering. I've been playing Round n Round a bit now and for some reason the single notes on the E and A string register fine but doing the fifth and seventh fret down to one and third fret chords don't want to register. Any tips on what to do? I figured out that my dB was too high as I was having some other chords not register and changing that fixed those but I can't get the simple barre chords to register...
(not 100% its called a bar/barre chord but hopefully you know what I'm talking about)

Only thing I can think of is to check if the intonation on the guitar is good. Might have something to do with that. And make sure you are not pressing too hard on the strings so you go out of tune, but that's probably not the case since the game is usually very generous with chords and how you play them.

Exuro

Only thing I can think of is to check if the intonation on the guitar is good. Might have something to do with that. And make sure you are not pressing too hard on the strings so you go out of tune, but that's probably not the case since the game is usually very generous with chords and how you play them.
I did some intonation and its still having trouble. Unfortunately I have a pretty crappy guitar and even though I've extended the low E string its still sharp on the 12th fret when tuned to open. Its better than it was but these simple chords that I know how to play that use the low E as a root still don't want to register :(

Should also note this only seems to happen on d tuned songs. E standard is fine. And it isn't that im not pressing the strings firmly as I can never even hit the open chord.

fred

Have been looking for a cheap entry-level Floyd Rose guitar for a while and found one today on eBay

They're usually around £200 on average, cheapest I've seen has been £150 so it's not going to be the best guitar in the world but I don't think you can go wrong for 63 quid plus postage lol.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else wants to pick one up, there were 7 left last I checked.

fred

Yup, heard they were a pain in the arse so am planning on keeping it for standard tuning songs. What's a trem-blocker..?

XShagrath

Yup, heard they were a pain in the arse so am planning on keeping it for standard tuning songs. What's a trem-blocker..?

It's a device that you can install (pretty easily) in the back of the guitar where the tension springs are. It has a couple of hand-screws that allow you to go into either fixed-bridge (easy to tune), dive only, or free-floating very easily. Here's a link to the one I've been using for the past month or so with no problems. I've got it set to fixed bridge mode so that I can play any song without worrying about the bridge dipping or anything like that.

http://www.tremol-no.com/

So, maybe I missed it, but in case anyone else needed to know: Unlike the original version of the game, 2014 edition is pretty much unplayable with an acoustic guitar. Not a big deal for me personally as I can borrow an electric guitar from my cousin, but if anyone was planning to tackle the game with an acoustic guitar and a pickup, don't do it.

fred

It's a device that you can install (pretty easily) in the back of the guitar where the tension springs are. It has a couple of hand-screws that allow you to go into either fixed-bridge (easy to tune), dive only, or free-floating very easily. Here's a link to the one I've been using for the past month or so with no problems. I've got it set to fixed bridge mode so that I can play any song without worrying about the bridge dipping or anything like that.

http://www.tremol-no.com/

Bloody hell, that's a clever little gadget! I love brilliant inventions like that. Might have to look into getting one of those! Cheers for letting me know!

Thrakier

Is anyone here using shadowplay to record video/audio? How does it work? I turned audio exlcusity off but now I don't have any sound at all.

fred

Have ordered a Tremol-no from the States, should arrive through my letter box here in the UK sometime between 3rd February and 13th February according to the eBay listing. Hopefully I'm not going to be shafted by Customs because it's half the price of buying one over here from a UK retailer.

Hope I've bought the right one, had a look at the website and it said that the Small Clamp ones were recommended for licenced Floyd Rose trems.

How do Tremol-nos work with changing the tuning..? Do you put it in Dive Only or Hardtail modes to detune then back to Full Floating Mode once detuning has been done..? Or if I tune to Drop D (for example) in Dive Only Mode (for example) am I stuck playing in Drop D in Dive Only Mode exclusively and need to tune back to the tuning I started off with to switch to a different Mode..?

XShagrath

How do Tremol-nos work with changing the tuning..? Do you put it in Dive Only or Hardtail modes to detune then back to Full Floating Mode once detuning has been done..? Or if I tune to Drop D (for example) in Dive Only Mode (for example) am I stuck playing in Drop D in Dive Only Mode exclusively and need to tune back to the tuning I started off with to switch to a different Mode..?
To be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure. I have mine in hardtail mode, as I don't need the whammy in Rocksmith. I would assume that there would be no issues changing tunings in dive-only either, as the tremol-no will lock the bridge to never go lower than what it's set at. The only issue I could see is if it's in full floating mode, but even then it might still work. Sorry I can't be of more help.

fred

Okay, no probs.

Will probably only have it in Standard tuning and Full Floating Mode when messing around in Rocksmith's Session Mode I reckon and stick to Hardtail Mode myself when doing other things like Lessons, Guitarcade and Learn A Song.

Xyber

OK, have to say that the rating in the game is somewhat off. I played R U MINE and pretty much blew it most of the time. Rythm is more off than on and the Solo...well. =) Still I got more than 100%. Anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2G7SPfHGFw&feature=youtu.be

That percentage is just the mastery of the song, goes up to 110%. I'm just guessing you are talking about that one, because the video is blocked for me and proxy sites can't load it so can't check for myself. So you can still miss quite a bit and go above 100% in mastery.

Every section that starts to fade out adds a small percentage on top of the normal 100,

Hello, I have a question for PAL Rocksmithers. I was thinking to get Rocksmith 2014; since I've read about lag issues, and since I don't want to stress my plasma with hundreds hours of fixed a fixed screen, I was also thinking to connect the Ps3 directly to my old full analog crt tv.

This should give me the best game experience but I'm wondering if the game will run at correct speed on my European set-up (if I recall correctly pal ps3 won't output 60Hz in standard definition). Maybe the best option is to buy the ntsc version of the game? (supposing it's not a ps3 hardware limit) Or maybe the Pal game runs 50Hz but the developers adjusted speed accordingly? Thanks for any help.

Thrakier

That percentage is just the mastery of the song, goes up to 110%. I'm just guessing you are talking about that one, because the video is blocked for me and proxy sites can't load it so can't check for myself. So you can still miss quite a bit and go above 100% in mastery.

Every section that starts to fade out adds a small percentage on top of the normal 100,

God damn, the song was already blocked. Any way to get around that?

Ahhh so that's why the views are so low

Your video is blocked in:

Afghanistan, Aland Islands, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo - Democratic Republic of, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guyana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

fred

Your video is blocked in:

Everywhere.

:Oo ;oP

Got my guitar honey delivered today in preparation for my guitar arriving tomorrow or Wednesday. Also ordered a guitar stand, fret polishing stuff, a Floyd Rose Allen key set, string winder, a gig bag and a Tremol-no.

Can't wait to play a guitar with decent action for the first time (well, once I spend a few hours setting the thing up) and using a Floyd Rose for the first time. I'm going to be dive bombing all over the place lololol.

I'm going to be writing a rock space opera based on Stephen Donaldson's Gap novels during the next 5 years or so and my Floyd Rose combined with my Digitech RP255 multi-effects pedal should produce plenty of opportunities for some cool sounding sci-fi effects. I'd love to get an Electro Harmonix POG 2 pedal because they're absolutely fucking amazing. You can make your guitar sound like a church organ, cello and violin. Way out of my price range though unfortunately.

Xyber

True. But why? Other versions of the same song are not blocked. :(

It's weird, youtube can be very random when it comes to blocking stuff. My video of that song that I uploaded on launch day is at 20k views and only blocked in Germany. Maybe they changed something with the content ID for that one after I uploaded it or something.

fred

Oops, it was a HOG2 I was talking about, not a POG2.

Miles out of reach for me though, they're well over 300 quid each :Oo

I'd also like to get hold of an Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar pedal, makes your guitar sound like a sitar. Awesome! Still beyond my means though at around 180 quid. :eek:(

I need to win the lottery :eek:/

Xyber

I need to win the lottery :eek:/

You and me both..

I kinda want to buy some real gear for my guitar, but with my current job that doesn't pay that much and saving for a vacation and a PS4 I don't really have the money to spend on guitar stuff too. So for now my Fast track C400 audio interface and Guitar Rig 5 will have to be enough.

System of a Down Pack – $7.99

System of a Down “BYOB” – Drop C# (No Rhythm)
System of a Down “Aerials” – Drop C
System of a Down “Toxicity” – Drop C

Xyber

Should work now

Yeah, they started downloading 40 minutes ago. But now it's too late to play. :(

I don't get why there's usually something up with the RS DLC, either downloading way after you buy them or they won't even show up on the store until hours after Steam usually updates (at 7PM my time).

Thrakier

System of a Down Pack – $7.99

System of a Down “BYOB” – Drop C# (No Rhythm)
System of a Down “Aerials” – Drop C
System of a Down “Toxicity” – Drop C

YES! Bought! Already played Toxicity offline, so to say, but was always troubled with how fast the riff was. The riff repeater should help me just fine. BYOB is cool to. NICE.

fred

Bah! My guitar didn't arrive yesterday or today. So I'm looking at tomorrow or Friday now. Got everything else I ordered though: guitar honey, fret polishing stuff, string winder, Floyd Rose allen keys, gig bag and guitar stand. Just waiting for my actual guitar and my Tremol-no gadget.

Will be getting a hard case for it at some point but have pretty much run out of cash now lol.

Thrakier

The fast rythm riffs in Toxicity are killing me...since forever. I can do it at 80% tempo, maybe 90, but I'm pretty far from 100. :(

Xyber

fred

Woo hoo! Got my guitar delivered yesterday. The eBay listing wasn't kidding when it said the guitars needed a clean, fret polishing and new strings after sitting in a distribution warehouse for a while. It was bloomin filthy lol.

Have almost got it setup now, just got to get the springs sorted out so that it stays in tune when using the trem, take a look at the action which isn't quite as low as I want it to be and then get the intonation sorted.

Will post a pic of it tomorrow. Best 80 quid I ever spent, there were still 6 left last I saw...it's not the best guitar in the world but a cheap entry level Floyd Rose guitar with a licenced Floyd Rose trem and Wilkinson pickups.

Edit: Here's a pic of my new baby with my little monster Georgie Porgie lol

QnsKUpb.jpg

fred

Scrub what I said about the best 80 quid I've ever spent. I think the holes for the clamp are drilled in the wrong place. Whenever I tighten or loosen the screws to move the saddle the screws go all over the place. They're either in the wrong place or the holes aren't straight...or a bit of both. Going to have to fill them in and re-drill them.

Still a good deal but I think they may have been factory rejects which is probably why they've been sitting in a distribution warehouse for ages. Would have been nice to know beforehand, but I still would have bought one regardless so can't complain too much I guess lol.

R.E.M. Song Pack - $11.99

R.E.M. "Everybody Hurts"
R.E.M. "The One I Love"
R.E.M. "Shiny Happy People"
R.E.M. "Überlin" (D Standard)
R.E.M. "What's The Frequency, Kenneth?"

elfinke

R.E.M. Song Pack - $11.99

R.E.M. "Everybody Hurts"
R.E.M. "The One I Love"
R.E.M. "Shiny Happy People"
R.E.M. "Überlin" (D Standard)
R.E.M. "What's The Frequency, Kenneth?"

Enron am cry. None of these track packs have taken my fancy yet, but this is the closest yet.

Enron

Banned
I sort of expected What's the Frequency would be one of them. Uberlin, SHiny Happy People? UGH.

Enron am cry indeed ;_;

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hey everyone, I’ve had an acoustic electric for years (my brother let me have an old one of his) and always told myself that I’d learn guitar someday, a combination of rapidly approaching my 30th birthday and group lessons starting out where I live has actually got me to dust the thing off and give it a proper go. So far in my classes we’ve learned scales and chords for C, G, D and A, so I can sort of very slowly strum along to Hotel Yorba and Bad Moon Rising, haha. Anyway I’m getting to the stage where I’m kind of wanting some structured practice going on so I ordered Rocksmith 2014 for the PS3 yesterday. Should have picked it up on Steam now I’ve seen that there’s custom tracks you can add, but never mind. At least this way it’s fairly easy to have it all set up in the living room. Hopefully this is going to arrive tomorrow and I’ll be able to get stuck in, can’t wait to try it out. The most useful thing for me is probably going to be muscle memory for chords, and getting quicker at switching between them. Looking at the track list for the original game I’m thinking it’ll definitely be worth trying to get hold of a copy somehow and doing the import, looks like there’s a lot of great songs on there, might see how I get on with the ones I’ve got first though. What’s the price of the import in the UK?

Anyway, I’ll be subbing here and letting you guys know how I’m getting on every so often. Here’s hoping that by the end of the year I’ll be belting out some rock classics!

Top Bottom