• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

A load of drama lol. There was a rating system that split the community and the Admin has allegedly been a bit shifty with donations.

Can't see the problem with the rating system myself...I just ignored it.

What a waste!

Also did they add a bunch of new songs for free? There's loads of songs I don't remember being there all of a sudden.

Xyber

Ok, I bought this after buying my new PC. Guitar is set, effects pedal ok, and PC is ready.

I installed this then it prompted me to do a 100mb Steam update. Tried to bypass it, but seems it really needs to have Steam installed. Our internet connection is slow because of the bandwidth cap, so I have it download overnight.

Waking up, I was met with an error that Steam must be updated. I run the client and it again downloaded a 50mb update. It won't let me bypass it.

Then the download is finished, I can now install Rocksmith 2014. After installation, I decided to run it before I go to my workplace. Rocksmith then tries to download an update for this game. No option to bypass this.

I just want to rock and roll already! D:

To be fair, that is fairly small updates even for most people with bandwidth caps these days. I must imagine the horror if you were forced to update Dead Rising 3, 13 fucking GB.

Also, what crazy ISP are you using that have such crazy cap/speed in 2014 that you can't even download ~200MB in a few minutes? I'm so happy I live in Sweden, 250/50Mbit with no caps. Downloading games is so insanely fast.

What a waste!

Also did they add a bunch of new songs for free? There's loads of songs I don't remember being there all of a sudden.

You mean the songs you can see in your song list in the game? It's just showing you DLC you can buy.

Oh, sweet. Totally missed that there will be Rise Against DLC today. I consider that to be a birthday present from Ubisoft to me (if we ignore the fact that I have to pay for it myself).

Rise Against Song Pack – $11.99

Rise Against “Prayer of The Refugee”
Rise Against “Swing Life Away”
Rise Against “Give It All”
Rise Against “Satellite”
Rise Against “Make It Stop (September’s Children)”

Raysoul

To be fair, that is fairly small updates even for most people with bandwidth caps these days. I must imagine the horror if you were forced to update Dead Rising 3, 13 fucking GB.

Also, what crazy ISP are you using that have such crazy cap/speed in 2014 that you can't even download ~200MB in a few minutes? I'm so happy I live in Sweden, 250/50Mbit with no caps. Downloading games is so insanely fast.

I wish I have even have 1/64 of your Internet speed, that will be paradise for me. We are subscribed to a 3mbps plan, which is actually 1.5-2mbps average on normal days. Sadly, local ISPs are implementing "Fair usage policies" or you can call it "Data Caps, but we won't tell you your cap" which was turned on after I downloaded a Windows 8.1 installer (I have a legitimate key). Now our internet speed is about 300kbps. Yes, I have plans of changing my ISP but that's another story.

I just wish Rocksmith would let me play the game first, while downloading other updates on the background.

Xyber

I wish I have even have 1/64 of your Internet speed, that will be paradise for me. We are subscribed to a 3mbps plan, which is actually 1.5-2mbps average on normal days. Sadly, local ISPs are implementing "Fair usage policies" or you can call it "Data Caps, but we won't tell you your cap" which was turned on after I downloaded a Windows 8.1 installer (I have a legitimate key). Now our internet speed is about 300kbps. Yes, I have plans of changing my ISP but that's another story.

I just wish Rocksmith would let me play the game first, while downloading other updates on the background.

Man, that sucks. I don't really see what damage you could do with that speed anyway to warrant a cap..

fred

What a waste!

You need to download the custom DLC songs and place them in the DLC folder to be able to see and play them. Last I checked there were 2217 custom songs available on the site.

Bleh, not a Rise Against fan. Bummer to as I just ordered an Epiphone G400 Pro so Rocksmith is going to get a ton of playtime in the near future.

And I'm a little mixed on the custom songs stuff. I understand that a lot of people like it, but every song I've tries has been more or less garbage.

Xyber

Wait what about custom songs? Are they still up? I never got to try any.

At the moment they are still up. Someone made a database of most of the songs. It's not certain that every song has a download link anymore. http://rscdlc.com/

You still need to have a member on smithyanvil, with at least 1 post I think, to get access to the part of the forum it links to.

No there's a ton of songs I never saw before, not DLC ones either. Things like Black Keys and strange surfer guitar tracks. Maybe I just never noticed them.

fred

My DLC folder is so full of custom songs that I wouldn't notice any new official ones appearing lol. I've got over 200 I think!

Just had a look at Customs Forge and there's nearly 1400 members now. Things have been happening really quickly! And there was I thinking yesterday that Anvil going pear-shaped was a disaster of epic proportions lololol

Xyber

My DLC folder is so full of custom songs that I wouldn't notice any new official ones appearing lol. I've got over 200 I think!

Just had a look at Customs Forge and there's nearly 1400 members now. Things have been happening really quickly! And there was I thinking yesterday that Anvil going pear-shaped was a disaster of epic proportions lololol

I actually think this whole disaster was a good thing in the end. The guy running the other website used shitty software, never accepted help from anyone when it came to anything on improving the site. This new place already has tags (which will help a lot if you want to find all stuff by the same artist really easy and it's also possible to tag stuff with genre) , a good section for downloads where you can see stats for downloads where you can follow files and see when they were updated. You know, stuff that people wanted on SA for a very long time. :p

No there's a ton of songs I never saw before, not DLC ones either. Things like Black Keys and strange surfer guitar tracks. Maybe I just never noticed them.

Sounds like the RS1 songs. If you did the import then maybe there was a problem with some of the songs that made it so they didn't show up for you and a recent patch fixed it or something?

There are songs that unlock as you play, in the same vein as venues, amps, inlays, etc. I assume that's what you're seeing. I mostly ignore them.

Mah new toy. Fortunately I had a spare set of Super Slinkys sitting about because the strings that it came with sounded pretty awful. Though, my restringing ability still leaves much to be desired. But it also gave me a good chance to give the fretboard a much needed wiping.

Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Pro

IMG_20140219_172718735.png

Thrakier

Maybe I'm blind. I do find the customs songs but for the life of me I can not find how to implement them. Is it as easy as just putting them in the DLC folder!?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I started up the game again for the first time in a while since updating to Windows 8.1 and now the game won't detect my guitar through the cable. Did 8.1 break something that I need to fix?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well that's odd. Have you tried reinstalling your soundcard drivers..?
As per someone on the Steam forums, I ended up deleting my USB Root drivers and letting Windows reinstall them. That worked. No idea why, but I ain't complaining. lol

XShagrath

I'm on Win7, and every time I reboot my machine, I have to unplug/replug my RealTone cable some random number of times before it will detect in the game. It's rather annoying.

Xyber

Only song by Buckethead I've really heard was Jordan in GH2, but stumbled upon the custom song Swomee Swan a few days ago. It's really fun to play and not too hard for me. Recorded the best run I've done so far of it, sucks that I messed a few stuff I usually nail because I hit some stuff that I normally don't. :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxODUx0QFmU

fred

That was well played, I've never heard of Buckethead until I saw some Buckethead cDLC on Smithy's Anvil, have been meaning to check them out for a while.

Do you use Session Mode that much..? I started a sister thread to this one earlier dedicatedto Session Mode videos and recordings. My first video of me playing I linked to is a bit pants though which is really frustrating. A few days ago I had a Session Mode session that sounded pretty good mostly but for some reason I've lost my mojo these last couple of days.

Xyber

That was well played, I've never heard of Buckethead until I saw some Buckethead cDLC on Smithy's Anvil, have been meaning to check them out for a while.

Do you use Session Mode that much..? I started a sister thread to this one earlier dedicatedto Session Mode videos and recordings. My first video of me playing I linked to is a bit pants though which is really frustrating. A few days ago I had a Session Mode session that sounded pretty good mostly but for some reason I've lost my mojo these last couple of days.

I use it a bit, but should probably try to do it more often.

fred

The Doors Song Pack - $7.99

The Doors "Light My Fire" (E Standard: A425)
The Doors "Riders on the Storm" (No Rhythm)
The Doors "Roadhouse Blues" (No Rhythm)

Xyber

The Doors Song Pack - $7.99

The Doors "Light My Fire" (E Standard: A425)
The Doors "Riders on the Storm" (No Rhythm)
The Doors "Roadhouse Blues" (No Rhythm)

Pfft, should have put the keyboard as an guitar arrangement for Riders on the Storm. It's not like they haven't done it before!

Kaladin

So, I'm finally joining the Rocksmith master race with the latest $49.99 sale. I'm looking forward to learning some new tunes and techniques with the guitar...and I hope I can get a new axe soon too.

Question for you guys, I'm looking at buying this guitar off a friend of mine, should it work?

http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thavenuekingpinp.htm

godin5thavenatpu.jpg

Specs
Canadian Wild Cherry archtop
Canadian Wild cherry back & sides
Silver Leaf maple neck
Contoured high-gloss black headstock
Custom Polished Finish reminiscent of the
french polish of the 19th century
Rosewood Fingerboard
Adjustable Tusq Bridge by Graphtech
Cream Binding
1x Godin Kingpin P90 single-coil pickup
1x Volume, 1x Tone
16" (406 mm) fingerboard radius
24.84" (630 mm) Scale
1.72" (43,7 mm) nut width
Colors: Black, Cognac Burst & Natural
*Left-handed Cognac model available!

Asking basically since it's an acoustic / electric, and single-coil pickup.

Asking basically since it's an acoustic / electric, and single-coil pickup.

It's not an acoustic/electric in the "traditional" sense, which is to try and replicate acoustic guitar sounds poorly, but instead a hollowbody electric, which is an electric guitar that can be played acoustically.

It will work, though some songs will be hard to play do to the lack of a cutaway to give access to the higher frets.

Kaladin

It's not an acoustic/electric in the "traditional" sense, which is to try and replicate acoustic guitar sounds poorly, but instead a hollowbody electric, which is an electric guitar that can be played acoustically.

It will work, though some songs will be hard to play do to the lack of a cutaway to give access to the higher frets.

Thanks. I have a standard electric for stuff like that....but I really want an archtop for my next axe, and I know someone looking to sell one of those.

Xyber

Ugh, for some reason my riff repeater settings just don't work anymore. Master mode and leveling are both turned off, but I still get master mode and stuff I miss level down now..

Top Bottom