• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Any Jeff Buckley is welcome as it's a totally different style to what they've released previously. Hope you're all ready to learn some arpeggios!

Yeah, I had a few Jeff Buckley tab books when I was learning guitar. I can't wait to play those songs again, it switches up from arpeggios, open chords, barre chords, power chords, solos, so quickly and often. I'll be very impressed if UbisoftSF have tracked it well.

Jeff Buckley Song Pack – $7.99

“Grace” – Drop D – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
“Hallelujah” – Capo Required – Lead ; E Standard – Rhythm/Bass
“Last Goodbye” – Open G – Lead/Rhythm; Drop D – Bass

I wonder how they'll do the slide guitar intro on Last Goodbye.

EDIT:

Also, I went back to the tab books and I remember Grace being the first song that REALLY made me use my little finger. That intro with it's pull on/offs.

I wonder how they'll do the slide guitar intro on Last Goodbye.

EDIT:

Also, I went back to the tab books and I remember Grace being the first song that REALLY made me use my little finger. That intro with it's pull on/offs.

I'm beginning to think we had the same book:

00690451.gif

Huh, I have been playing Rocksmith almost every day since early November of 2013 and just now, for the first time, I got a popup with a Uplay achievement.

BearPawB

Banned
I have an acoustic guitar only. It is an "electric" acoustic i guess in that it has a plug in for an amp.

It is kind of a hand me down, always wanted to learn to play guitar, but never really tried.

Is this game ok with an acoustic? or do you really need a electric for a full experience?

I have an acoustic guitar only. It is an "electric" acoustic i guess in that it has a plug in for an amp.

It is kind of a hand me down, always wanted to learn to play guitar, but never really tried.

Is this game ok with an acoustic? or do you really need a electric for a full experience?

I heard acoustics have problems. An electric guitar is a must for this game. It's worth it to get a decent starter guitar for the game.

Xyber

It will "work", but not really recommended. Most stuff will just be harder to play unless it is an acoustic part.

Next week's Rocksmith DLC Pack/Singles

The Cranberries - Zombie
Dropkick Murphys - Shipping up to Boston
The Villagers - Becoming a Jackal
Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Maybe not a big hit with the younger generation (or anyone outside of the UK), but I'd totally happy with an Elastica or Britpop Pack.

Elastica - Connection
Elastica - Stutter
Elastica - 2:1
Elastica - Car Song

Connection is a cool tune, but I was never big into britpop (Oasis is the most overrated band ever imo). And christ, I never need to hear Pulp's Common People or Blur's Girls & Boys again for the rest of my days.

Speaking of 'Connection': https://youtu.be/8QykauA8p14

Is it in your heeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaad, in your heeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaad?

Zombeh heh heh heh oh do do do doo do do do doo do do do dooo

I read on Elastica's wiki that they were sued by a number of bands for stealing melodies haha. Oops.

Britpop Pack

Suede - Beautiful Ones
Manson - Wide Open Space
Placebo - Pure Morning

Thanks for mentioning Beautiful Ones. Now my brain is stuck in a messed up loop of 'heigh ho silver gasoline, derp derp drama queen, derpy derp, derp derp uh oh' because I remember the song but (obviously) can't remember most of the lyrics.

I'd trade your Pure Morning for Every You Every Me, a bit of a guilty pleasure tune for me.

Varna

Any people on PC here playing via A/B/Y switcher and a real amp? I got a bit of unusual question...

I could never for the life of me get this game to work with acceptable latency with my PCI-E sound card (asus xonar... I tried all the fixes I could find online) so I ended up just taking it out and using my integrated sound. At the time I was using the in-game amp so it was very important that the sound be as accurate as possible.

I don't use the in-game amp anymore though. So the sound being accurate isn't an issue anymore since I won't ever hear it. However, do the latency issues this game has with PCI-E cards also effect the "input" from guitar to game? Would notes not be as accurate? Or was this mostly an output problem? I know it's difficult question to ask, but I wanted to get some feedback since it's kind of a whole ordeal to get my soundcard back (lent it to a friend).

Xyber

Any people on PC here playing via A/B/Y switcher and a real amp? I got a bit of unusual question...

I could never for the life of me get this game to work with acceptable latency with my PCI-E sound card (asus xonar... I tried all the fixes I could find online) so I ended up just taking it out and using my integrated sound. At the time I was using the in-game amp so it was very important that the sound be as accurate as possible.

I don't use the in-game amp anymore though. So the sound being accurate isn't an issue anymore since I won't ever hear it. However, do the latency issues this game has with PCI-E cards also effect the "input" from guitar to game? Would notes not be as accurate? Or was this mostly an output problem? I know it's difficult question to ask, but I wanted to get some feedback since it's kind of a whole ordeal to get my soundcard back (lent it to a friend).

Yeah, PCI-E soundcards don't work good at all. Tried it with my Xonar DS and it was just unplayable. Switched to the onboard sound and it's perfect. I now only use my soundcard as my mic input since there is less background noise with that, sucks a bit but I can deal with it.

Don't think the delay should affect the input anything, it just makes it harder to play in sync.

Fuck yeah Spinal Tap. Top 5 comedy of all time for me. I'll buy the shit out of that.

Also, since this also sometimes tends to be a general guitar troubleshooting thread I have a question since I've been having this persistent issue with my guitar (Epiphone G-400 Pro). Basically, I get terrible, terrible fret buzz on the first fret, and to a lesser extent the second fret as well. On the high E string the note is indecipherable, its just buzz. B is a little better, G better still, etc, but its still noticeable if only slightly on the low E string. Normally a new set of strings "fixes" it for a short time, but this current set of strings is only like a week or two old and already sounding bad. Its annoying because the Les Paul Jr. I got with Rocksmith bundle way back when has been sitting more or less untouched for the last 8 months and I can pick it up and it sounds fine. Any ideas?

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Looked up what "fret dressing" was on Google, that looks complicated.

oh you should get a professional at a music store to do it for you I wouldn't be sanding any frets yourself without some training

just get a setup and tell them to do a fret dressing if its required ..they'll set intonation..the truss rod adjustmetn and clean up the frets and put on new strings usually for a standard rate.

oh you should get a professional at a music store to do it for you I wouldn't be sanding any frets yourself without some training

just get a setup and tell them to do a fret dressing if its required ..they'll set intonation..the truss rod adjustmetn and clean up the frets and put on new strings usually for a standard rate.

Turns out it was probably a lot less complicated than that. I looked at it closer and the bridge was kind of out of whack, the right side of the bridge was way too low and the left side was a bit high. Adjust them both. Might play around with it a tiny bit to make sure the intonation is still good, but got rid of that buzz pretty quickly.

Top Bottom