• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Can anyone explain to me how many posts I need to make to lose my 'junior' status?

I need to start a thread about the PS4 DLC in the EU...

Can anyone explain to me how many posts I need to make to lose my 'junior' status?

I need to start a thread about the PS4 DLC in the EU...

300 I believe.

edit, some bad advice added: I suggest you go nuts in a Bloodborne thread or maybe check if the April PS+ announcement is delayed and the thread turns into a chatroom to get those remaining posts

Community threads are a good place to post and get to know people without having to spam to get your post count up.

Here's a few places I like to hang out and chat with people:

Netflix Movie Club
Wrestling Thread
PS1 Appreciation/Collector's Thread
GuitarGAF

Thanks all.

I think i'll head to the Bloodborne thread to whinge about how the hour i've played is amazing but the loading times are frustrating as hell. Then I might finally lose my wrassle gaf virginity in time for mania, even though it looks terrible this year.

Then i'll be back here for the obligatory 'please upvote the complaints on the ps blog' message...

While on the subject, PS4 EU this week got survivor and SOAD for legacy content, except the licencing is screwed and it wants you to buy tracks you own again. Treatment of EU PS4 players has been a total disgrace but has been ignored by the game press unsurprisingly.

Rapstah

Wow, Madhouse was a lot more fun than I had thought based on loosely knowing how that song goes. It's easily my favourite out of the Anthrax pack.

Lady Gaia

Public service announcement: Rocksmith 2014 for PS4 is down to $39.99 on Amazon in the US today, retail box complete with cable. I've been keeping an eye on it and finally jumped on this price since the PS3 version is the only reason I still have the older console hooked up. Getting ready to move on and being ready for some guitar + bass action with visitors or just having a backup cable seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

In anticipation of tomorrow's DLC, I revisited Bush's Sixteen Stone, their (gulp) over 20 year old debut.

Yes, it's pretty contrived (Everything Zen's chorus basically rips off Alice In Chain's 'Would?', Rossdale's voice has a strong Kurt Cobain influence, the tone draws pretty heavily from other bands from that era like Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins and early Jane's etc) but it's still pretty enjoyable, because despite all of this they're good musicians. Lyrics haven't aged well (skin/in/real/feel), but the energy is good. I also really like the guitar intro to 'Body' which is, strangely, the one part of the album that's stayed ingrained in my brain for 20 years.

In summary I'll probably buy the full pack because it should be fun to play.

Razorblade Suitcase is hard work though. Working with Steve Albini is great if you have the songs that can be pulled from his wall of feedback (see Nirvana, PJ 'where is her RS pack?' Harvey), Bush apparently did not. Greedy Fly was ok, Swallowed was huge in the late 90's but meh. I gave up on that and put London Calling on instead.

I love the Tap pack, although I find the audio on Money is really quiet (and seems to get quieter around the 'go Nigel, go!' part), anyone else have this issue?

Everything Zen is pretty much Keep on Rockin' In The Free World

Good point. That song had a resurgeance around then too, as Pearl Jam and Neil Young played it together a lot. It's still a Pearl Jam live staple, I believe.

SCEE continuing to fudge everything up this week - update is only bundling existing content into packs, cross buy still not fixed, Bush pack has no cross buy and is overpriced.

Xyber

Anyone download those custom songs for RS? How are they?

Like the others have said, it's very hit or miss. There is a lot of garbage available since there is no quality control at all and anyone can put up a song that is barely playable.

I have been posting videos of custom songs on my youtube channel for quite some time now, if you want to see how the better stuff can look. https://www.youtube.com/user/Xyberlix

I currently have over 600 songs in my customs folder, the majority of those are well made and perfectly playable. I need to get rid of a bunch of stuff though since I always forget to delete the bad ones. :p

Facism

is there a way to unlock the hidden songs without having to go through the rocksmith recommends bullshit?

I've just had my save corrupted by merely logging out and back into my profile on PC :/ Fucking ridiculous software that still needs to be fixed. I don't want to have to go through all their learning tasks in order to unlock the Sabaka song again :(

is there a way to unlock the hidden songs without having to go through the rocksmith recommends bullshit?

I've just had my save corrupted by merely logging out and back into my profile on PC :/ Fucking ridiculous software that still needs to be fixed. I don't want to have to go through all their learning tasks in order to unlock the Sabaka song again :(

Easiest way is to play score attack on medium or higher. They'll usually unlock a reward every song or two that you pass.

Thin Lizzy Song Pack – $7.99

Thin Lizzy “The Boys Are Back in Town” – Eb Standard
Thin Lizzy “Dancing In The Moonlight (It’s Caught Me in It’s Spotlight)”
Thin Lizzy “Jailbreak” – Eb Standard

Waveset

How long did it take you guys to get used to the UI?
Sometimes I really struggle to find the string/fret in time. I've been playing guitar for years, but it makes me feel like a beginner.

jumper

Sometimes I really struggle to find the string/fret in time. I've been playing guitar for years, but it makes me feel like a beginner.

You'll definitely get used to finding the right string (in terms of matching the color to the string). However, I think even for experienced players, it won't always be easy to follow along with every note on the first song attempt.

For more advanced sections, you'll want to slow things down in riff repeater to get the notes and fret position down. Then later when you're playing at full speed you won't be relying on reading everything on screen. What you'll see will be more of a visual que.

Facundo_Lopez

Neo Member
what's your audio settings guys?

is it ok to use a pulse headset? I heard there was a lot of lag with HDMI and I want to know if a headset fixes the problem.

Lady Gaia

It settles in progressively, but after a few weeks I was pretty comfortable on bass. Guitar is coming along more gradually but then I just decided to take it up so I'm a complete novice. Chords are kicking my butt and I'm only slowly finding my way through those six teeny little strings.

If you're used to playing tabs the one suggestion I'd make as early as possible is to invert strings, so the lowest note is on the bottom as you'd expect. It's in Options under Gameplay if I remember correctly.

Lady Gaia

what's your audio settings guys?

is it ok to use a pulse headset? I heard there was a lot of lag with HDMI and I want to know if a headset fixes the problem.

I expect a wireless headset would add too much lag to be comfortable. I played with analog audio and component video initially but eventually went HDMI when reconfiguring my A/V setup a while back and honestly didn't notice significant lag. I am routing through an A/V receiver, though, not the display. You can adjust for visual lag easily with a setting (95ms in my case) but unlike Rock Band you can't set an audio lag adjustment because you need to hear your own playing. There's no way to route audio back in time!

Alternative Rock Song Pack – $11.99

Dinosaur Jr. “Feel The Pain” – Capo Required [Lead/Rhythm]
Fuel “Hemorrhage (In My Hands)” – Eb Standard
Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” – Eb Standard [Bass]
Stone Sour “Through Glass” – Eb Standard
Yellowcard “Ocean Avenue” – Drop D

Alternative Rock Song Pack – $11.99

Dinosaur Jr. “Feel The Pain” – Capo Required [Lead/Rhythm]
Fuel “Hemorrhage (In My Hands)” – Eb Standard
Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” – Eb Standard [Bass]
Stone Sour “Through Glass” – Eb Standard
Yellowcard “Ocean Avenue” – Drop D

Pretty disappointing picks out of all the 90s alt rock they could pick from. I'll grab Lit and Dinosaur Jr but a missed opportunity.

I mean, how do you not include Semi-Charmed Life?

Holding out for the Third Eye Blind Song Pack obviously

0e3.png

Lady Gaia

Definitely not a week I'm all that excited about. Hopefully that means we're one week closer to a pack that ill absolutely adore. I'll probably pick up the Stone Sour track this week out of curiosity since I've played its Rock Band counterpart.

Deadstar

So I just got this game and it's awesome. A few questions.

1. Is there any way to get uncensored versions of the songs? It's kind of ridiculous that art is being censored. This is supposed to be a true musical experience. If you don't like swearing don't buy the songs.

2. Does all the dlc from the first game and 2014 come with a playable bass track? I'm strictly playing on bass.

DrBo42

For censoring I'm pretty sure their hands are tied by ESRB and PEGI ratings from launch. Can always go the customs route if you're super annoyed by it.

So I just got this game and it's awesome. A few questions.

1. Is there any way to get uncensored versions of the songs? It's kind of ridiculous that art is being censored. This is supposed to be a true musical experience. If you don't like swearing don't buy the songs.

2. Does all the dlc from the first game and 2014 come with a playable bass track? I'm strictly playing on bass.

1. The original Rocksmith had at least 1 track that was uncensored (Dammit by Blink 182) but all their songs are now censored for some reason.

2. Yes, I don't think there are any songs without a bass track.

Therion

There are definitely a handful of songs without a bass arrangement: at least one of the White Stripes songs, for example. I know there are user-made song databases out there that include that information, but I don't think there is a comprehensive official source, and I can't vouch for the accuracy of any particular database. As a rule of thumb, you can be sure that if the original track has bass on it, then the Rocksmith version will as well, and they have even added bass arrangements to some songs that may not have had bass guitar on the recording.

Shadybiz

^^^ Very nice! I have that one as well (I'm pretty sure that's it, anyway). Definitely does what I need it to do. I'm not playing gigs or anything, so that thing is plenty loud enough for playing around the house.

Xyber

How does that work? Would I basically be pumping the guitar audio to both the amp and the game?

Yes.

Downside is you will have to deal with changing between distorted and clean on your own and the game will be able to produce more varied tones than just your amp, even if plenty of them might not sound great.

For songs without tone changes it's probably a pretty nice experience though.

I have absolutely no experience with amps though so Varna can probably let you know more on how it all works for him.

Aizo

Banned
I've played guitar for many years, but ever since I stopped playing with my bands in Tokyo, I've been pretty unmotivated. I've decided to buy this in hopes that it'll be just the sort of motivation I need to pick up new songs, because all I do otherwise is technical work. I think I'm pretty excited, but a couple things are dampening my enthusiasm: the DLC prices (I really wanna pick up those Golden Bomber and B'z songs, but damn!) and uplay.... will I have to install uplay for this?

Anyway, ordering now. Should be here in a couple days.

Edit: is it easy to integrate custom songs?

Top Bottom