• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

In the next chapter of the series 'thoughts from Ghost's arse'...

We've seen a lot of highly-requested DLC appear for Rocksmith, from groups such has Hendrix, Rage to recent additions like Slayer and this week's QOTSA pack.

Each of these packs often has a glaring omission. Where is Hendrix's cross town traffic? Rage's Bullet in the Head? QoTSA's Lost Art? Jane's Addictions Three Days, or Stop? The Cure's Lullaby, A Forest or In Between Days? (sooo much missing Cure), Anthrax (and PE's) Bring the Noise? SOAD's Chop Suey? (That is the missing one, right? Might need to check that). Anyway, I could go on...

My point is.. could it be that these songs are licensed, but being held back for the next Rocksmith edition? They would make a pretty killer out-of-the-box setlist and a strong reason for existing users to upgrade. I would love RS3 undermy Xmas tree with an a focus on an amazing setlist and learning tools and the guitarcade narrowed down to score attack and the few games that actually work well.

Just a thought. I know the RS team isn't at E3 but I can dream, especially after my xcom hopes and dreams were smashed by the words 'Peecee' and 'exclusive'.

I'm really hoping for a new Rocksmith announcement too. Especially since a bunch of music I like will only ever make base games since no one would buy them as dlc. Also, In Between Days would make my life.

Also, In Between Days would make my life.

I've requested it before, if that's any help!

We need definitely need a Cure pack 2.

Anyway, in the meantime I'll look forward to Ubi's E3 conference, that i'm sure will open with Jimmy Page and Angus Young on stage talking about Rocksmith 3... right??

I've recently picked this up for the Xbox One, and had no clue about the lag issues before I bought it. So now I'm on the hunt for a solution.

I don't have any kind of sound system at the moment, but have been looking at soundbars for a while now, due to limited space in my flat. But so many have DSP functions and therefore until you buy one, you don't now if this game will be lag free with it.

The only soundbar I suspect might be ok, is the Sonos? Anyone here usin either a PS4 or Xbox One with a Sonos. Or can recommend a simple stereo setup that has an optical input? Budget of £500-600 max really. Thanks

I've recently picked this up for the Xbox One, and had no clue about the lag issues before I bought it. So now I'm on the hunt for a solution.

I don't have any kind of sound system at the moment, but have been looking at soundbars for a while now, due to limited space in my flat. But so many have DSP functions and therefore until you buy one, you don't now if this game will be lag free with it.

The only soundbar I suspect might be ok, is the Sonos? Anyone here usin either a PS4 or Xbox One with a Sonos. Or can recommend a simple stereo setup that has an optical input? Budget of £500-600 max really. Thanks

I use a Denon Ceol Piccolo for an amp - http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/compactsystems/networkmusicsystems/ceolpiccolo

And Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers (on stands) - http://www.nintronics.co.uk/brands/...Colour=15058&gclid=CPDkj_6R9sUCFTLLtAodS1YAuw

I love the speakers, I tested a few in the price range in a store and they blew the others away. The Piccolo is also fantastic - in addition to the ps4 I have a turntable hooked up to it, plus the airplay works really well. It has internet radio/spotify support if that's your thing as well. There's also a smartphone app for basic remote control functions.

This pairing will set you back £300-£350, leaving you cash for speaker stands and cables.

duDacbd.png

Rockabilly Song Pack – $11.99

Brian Setzer “Rock This Town (2010)”
Carl Perkins “Blue Suede Shoes”
Gene Vincent and His Blue Caps “Be-Bop-A-Lula”
Ricky Nelson “Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart)”
Queen “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”

I'm convinced that one of the strange animals packs is going to be Them Crooked Vultures.

Just a feeling after I was playing Mind Eraser, No Chaser earlier, it just seems so... right.

Also, that 'classic slice of Americana', London's own Queen.

my predictions are Arctic Monkeys and maybe Def Leppard

Well, both of those bands are highly requested (and now expected) and this is Rocksmith, they love to throw a curve in. So i'm still convinced it's TCV. Buuut.... you're the one with the insider connections via TRR, so i'm not willing to bet on it!

Arctic Monkeys... I don't want to come across as inflammatory, but can someone explain their massive success to me? They've always seemed really... average to me. Being a Brit with 'I bet you look good on the dancefloor' shoved down my throat at every turn when it came out didn't exactly help. I'm genuinely curious i've missed something with them.

EDIT: Not a dig, Stew - your comment wasn't there when I wrote the above. We both like the Cure and David Lynch, so i'm going to take your word for it - tell me one Arctic Track that would make a believer out of me.

A bit anecdotal, but I noticed the tuner tracked my bass a lot better after I put fresh strings on my bass.

I changed my guitar strings today and had the best run on RS that i've had for weeks. Going to make a point of doing it more frequently.

I also changed brands and went for D'addario over Ernie Ball. Glad I did, they're noticeably better with my guitar.

Well, both of those bands are highly requested (and now expected) and this is Rocksmith, they love to throw a curve in. So i'm still convinced it's TCV. Buuut.... you're the one with the insider connections via TRR, so i'm not willing to bet on it!

Arctic Monkeys... I don't want to come across as inflammatory, but can someone explain their massive success to me? They've always seemed really... average to me. Being a Brit with 'I bet you look good on the dancefloor' shoved down my throat at every turn when it came out didn't exactly help. I'm genuinely curious i've missed something with them.

EDIT: Not a dig, Stew - your comment wasn't there when I wrote the above. We both like the Cure and David Lynch, so i'm going to take your word for it - tell me one Arctic Track that would make a believer out of me.

Oh, I don't really care. They're not my favorite band or anything. If you said that about The Clash or The Smiths then I'd be challenging you to a duel! Within the past few years I've been getting into brit pop rock and they were one of the first bands I've checked out in that genre mostly due to their songs being in The Inbetweeners. They're songs are fun and catchy. They have a mix of faster and slower songs which is nice. I dunno. Mardy Bum, Crying Lightning, Fluorescent Adolescent, Arabella. If you're not into those then they're not your thing.

I changed my guitar strings today and had the best run on RS that i've had for weeks. Going to make a point of doing it more frequently.

I also changed brands and went for D'addario over Ernie Ball. Glad I did, they're noticeably better with my guitar.

Yeah, changing strings are key. I usually change them every 2 or 3 months. Usually whenever my guitar starts noticeably sounding like shit. I've been rolling Ernie Ball regular slinky since day 1 and I don't see much need to stop with them at this point.

Funny thing, playing and listening to "R U Mine" in Rocksmith is what introduced me to Arctic Monkeys in the first place, became a big fan since. I even got the chance to see them live when I was in Tokyo last year. I would love more Arctic Monkeys.

Yeah, changing strings are key. I usually change them every 2 or 3 months. Usually whenever my guitar starts noticeably sounding like shit. I've been rolling Ernie Ball regular slinky since day 1 and I don't see much need to stop with them at this point.

Really, you can go 2-3 months? I use Super Slinkys and I have to replace them every month or they start to sound bad. Obviously its a lighter string and its dependent on how much you play, but I couldn't imagine going that long on a set of strings anyhow.

Really, you can go 2-3 months? I use Super Slinkys and I have to replace them every month or they start to sound bad. Obviously its a lighter string and its dependent on how much you play, but I couldn't imagine going that long on a set of strings anyhow.

I mean, I really should change them every month since I practice just about every day but I'm too lazy.

I mean, I really should change them every month since I practice just about every day but I'm too lazy.

I'm practicing every day, but a lot of times that may mean only dicking around with like 3-4 songs in-game. I really need to just set out like an hour every couple of days to just sit down and try to commit songs to memory rather than just playing them through Rocksmith.

I'm practicing every day, but a lot of times that may mean only dicking around with like 3-4 songs in-game. I really need to just set out like an hour every couple of days to just sit down and try to commit songs to memory rather than just playing them through Rocksmith.

I boot up Rocksmith about 1-2 times a week. I mostly just mess around with stuff or look up tabs on the internet since 95% of bands I listen to will never be on Rocksmith.

Oh, I don't really care. They're not my favorite band or anything. If you said that about The Clash or The Smiths then I'd be challenging you to a duel! Within the past few years I've been getting into brit pop rock and they were one of the first bands I've checked out in that genre mostly due to their songs being in The Inbetweeners. They're songs are fun and catchy. They have a mix of faster and slower songs which is nice. I dunno. Mardy Bum, Crying Lightning, Fluorescent Adolescent, Arabella. If you're not into those then they're not your thing.

Ok, i'll have a gander on Youtube and see if anything interests me. R U Mine is ok, as is QOTSA's Kalopsia that Alex Turner has a co-write credit on. I'll see if i'm in to any of it.

Regarding the strings, the D'addario's have a sharper tone that just agrees with my guitar. I had EB super slinky before and they sounded noticeably muddier. I'm sure the 'right' strings just depends on personal playstyle and different guitar types etc.

My fairly new jag bass still has the same strings on it since the purchase though, so that's up next - any recommendations on bass strings anyone?

EDIT: Love the Clash. Like The Smiths... although Morrisey is a bit of a prick (braces self for swift blow to the face)

My fairly new jag bass still has the same strings on it since the purchase though, so that's up next - any recommendations on bass strings anyone?

I got Slinkys on mine at the moment, no issues. I've heard a lot good about Dr. Strings (Hi beams or Low riders), but never gotten to try them, because I used Elixirs (coated strings) for years. One set of Elixirs on a bass goes a long way before you need to buy new ones.

Putting on new strings on a bass is a bittersweet process. You get new definition and growl but lose that sweet dub you get from dead strings.

Xyber

I usually don't change until a string breaks and that seems to happen every 4-5 months. Always the e string while doing a big bend as well. :p

If I had a more stable income I would change more often though, because the sound of new strings is so nice.

EDIT: Love the Clash. Like The Smiths... although Morrisey is a bit of a prick (braces self for swift blow to the face)

Funny story about Morrissey. When he was in school in Manchester he asked my aunt (father's cousin) out multiple times and she rejected him. He also used to wear pajamas to school.

XShagrath

Is that as good as it'll get, or will dlc drop more?
No one can really know. Although during the last sale, it didn't. Even when the game was a featured daily with a deeper discount, they kept the DLC at 25%.

It's such a shame, since I'd probably dump most of my wallet if they dropped it down to 50%. That happened during my first Winter sale when they had RS1 stuff at 50% off and I bought a bunch, but now there's a bunch of RS2014 stuff I want.

Next week's DLC is a 4 Pack of "Players Picks"

Highly requested singles from the 70's and 80's

Edgar Winter Group "Frankenstein"
???
???
???

Aizo

Banned
If I don't own 2012 or the disc import tool, but I buy DLC for 2012, will I be able to play it on 2014? Or, do I have to own the base game and the disc import?

Steam flash sale is awesome. Finally bought the original Rocksmith, it hasn't been on sale since December. €7.50 is incredible. Disc Importer Tool is 15% off. Great day to add loads of songs to your 2014 collection this way.

Bought a ton off DLC packs in the Steam Sale as well. Hopefully they won't be discounted even more late in the week. But if they do I can still find tons more great songs to play.

We also need much more Steam Rocksmith players, the leaderboards are a bit empty.

Xyber

Steam flash sale is awesome. Finally bought the original Rocksmith, it hasn't been on sale since December. €7.50 is incredible. Disc Importer Tool is 15% off. Great day to add loads of songs to your 2014 collection this way.

Bought a ton off DLC packs in the Steam Sale as well. Hopefully they won't be discounted even more late in the week. But if they do I can still find tons more great songs to play.

We also need much more Steam Rocksmith players, the leaderboards are a bit empty.

This is the lowest it will go, so no worries there.

Players Picks Song Pack – $9.99

* Accept “Balls To The Wall” – E Standard: A446
* Edgar Winter Group “Frankenstein”
* Free “All Right Now”
* Tesla “Modern Day Cowboy”

Strange, I thought they were only Rocksmith devs. What other games have they developed?

According to Giant Bomb, RS 1 & 2014, The Smurfs and the upcoming South Park game.

I was really excited when the South Park trailer popped up, but when the dust settled and it became obvious Obsidian weren't involved, my enthusiasm waned a bit. The first one was great fun, especially if you're a fan. This one smells like Ubi trying to milk the licence they acquired.

I wonder if radio towers are in somehow.

Anyway, is the RS team at Ubi SF separate from the South Park team? A new RS could always be announced at Gamescom later in the year.

Top Bottom