• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Lady Gaia

Rocksmith is a different kind of franchise than a lot of games. The moment they announce a new entry they're likely to put potential buyers in a holding pattern waiting for the release of what will doubtless be billed as a better teaching tool.

They're better off announcing relatively close to release. RS2016 could be coming this year and we wouldn't know for a while yet. If I were Ubisoft I'd promote it during the frenzied build-up to Rock Band 4 and the new Guitar Hero as an alternative for anyone who actually wants to learn a real-world skill.

The first 'strange animal' dlc clue is due this evening.

After the comments on the stream this week, my money goes on the first pack being Primus (Wynona's Big Brown Beaver being the strange animal).

Lady Gaia

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Frankenstein DLC on PS4? I've checked every evening and I only see the other three tracks. Or was it included only in the pack?

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Frankenstein DLC on PS4? I've checked every evening and I only see the other three tracks. Or was it included only in the pack?

No idea Yennefer of Venerburg, I have yet to buy it as it appeared in that rubbish week that happens once a month before pay day.

I called the Primus pack - five pack coming including Wynona's Big Brown Beaver. Given Ubi SF's South Park E3 announcement, i'd expect the theme from South Park as well.

Primus Song Pack – $7.99

* Primus “Jerry Was A Race Car Driver”
* Primus “Theme From South Park”
* Primus “Tommy The Cat”
* Primus “Wynona’s Big Brown Beaver”

That’s right it’s four pack for the price of three!

Classic Country Song Pack – $7.99

* Hank Williams “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”
* Roger Miller “King of The Road”
* Willie Nelson “On The Road Again”

Xyber

Just some random songs I would like to be in the pack. There's of course more, but I also already have a lot of custom songs with them.

Dead But Rising
Still Counting
Lola Montez
I Only Wanna Be With You
The Garden's Tale
Maybellene i Hofteholder
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
7 Shots

Volbeat Song Pack – $11.99

Volbeat “A Warrior’s Call” – D Standard
Volbeat “Fallen” – D Standard
Volbeat “Heaven Nor Hell” – D Standard
Volbeat “Lola Montez” – D Standard
Volbeat “Still Counting” – D Standard

Xyber

Volbeat Song Pack – $11.99

Volbeat “A Warrior’s Call” – D Standard
Volbeat “Fallen” – D Standard
Volbeat “Heaven Nor Hell” – D Standard
Volbeat “Lola Montez” – D Standard
Volbeat “Still Counting” – D Standard

Can't really complain about those picks, I just hope the pack will be up and working properly when the Steam store updates tomorrow so I can squeeze in a playthrough before it gets too late.

Xyber

So I have like 300 rocksmith videos up on my youtube account now and today was the first time I have gotten a copyright takedown.

Of course it was for a damn Taylor Swift song..

You probably have some experience with this Toymachine with the TRR channel, is it worth trying to submit a counter-notification or will that most likely just fail?

So I have like 300 rocksmith videos up on my youtube account now and today was the first time I have gotten a copyright takedown.

Of course it was for a damn Taylor Swift song..

You probably have some experience with this Toymachine with the TRR channel, is it worth trying to submit a counter-notification or will that most likely just fail?

no, just shrug it off. It's not worth fighting stuff that is blocked worldwide imo

Stuff that gets blocked worldwide I have managed to get back 2 out of 2 times without any problems, this one was a strike and the 6 months with some restrictions.

either way I don't fuck around with strikes. I've had channels shut down and elison has also

Wag

Guys, I noticed the base game (2014) is on sale on Nuuvem for ~$7.50US. Is it worth it? I'm a decent open chord player, but not much more than that. I'm a blues guy and from what I can see there really isn't much there in the song catalog for me (1 Blues pack with 2 or 3 good songs).

Lynyrd Skynyrd Song Pack – $7.99

* Lynyrd Skynyrd “Call Me The Breeze”
* Lynyrd Skynyrd “Gimme Three Steps”
* Lynyrd Skynyrd “Tuesday’s Gone”

Lady Gaia

Sounds like a decent addition to the catalog. I'll be happy to have some new material, but I'm hoping there's a week coming soon that I can get genuinely excited about.

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
Queensrÿche - Silent Lucidity
Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
The Subways - Rock & Roll Queen
Toadies - Possum Kingdom (Officially confirmed by @DanAmrich)

Faith No More 5 pack this week, tracks TBC! I'm excited for this one.

My predictions:

We Care a Lot (the symbol from the album art was involved in this week's clue).
Epic (best known song)
Easy (best known cover)
Evidence (nice guitar noodling throughout)
Superhero (advertising new album)

I would love Land of Sunshine & Everything's Ruined more than the above, but I think they're both less likely. Midlife Crisis doesn't have an awful lot of guitar in it so I would presume that's not happening.

Ubisoft can't even deliver to EU PSN on time, so wouldn't hold your breath...

SCEE is trash, even if Ubisoft made a submission error they still make it close to impossible to correct things in time.

If you like music games outside of North America buy an Xbox or make a PSN US account. Problem solved /captainhindsight.jpg

Top Bottom