• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

jumper

Not my cuppa, but I know a lot of people who love the band. So a DLC I respect but won't actually buy, if that makes sense. I did actually see part of their original last gig at Reading in the 90's. Wasn't very good, but apparently that was expected because they weren't getting along at all by then.

Actually, might be in for Love Spreads somewhere down the line, assuming that makes the cut.

EDIT:

Stone Roses pack:

She Bangs the Drum
Love Spreads
I Wanna Be Adored

No Fool's Gold, eh?

I have to pick up I Wanna be Adored for sure, just because I love that song itself. Not sure how fun it'll be to play. And while I'm not a big fan of Love Spreads as a song to listen to, it has really cool guitar parts that sound fun to play.

The Stone Roses Song Pack – $7.99

The Stone Roses “I Wanna Be Adored”
The Stone Roses – “Love Spreads” Open D: A443 [Lead]; Drop D: A443 [Rhythm]; D Standard: A443 [Bass]
The Stone Roses – “She Bangs the Drums”

I can only assume the world has finally run out of decent guitar based music.

Have you been to Dismaland yet Stew? I was lucky enough to be there for Run the Jewels and Fatboy Slim on Friday, atmosphere is amazing and really worth getting in there for a gig if you can. I'm praying to all of the gods I don't believe in so I can get Massive Attack/Pussy Riot tickets...

I can only assume the world has finally run out of decent guitar based music.

Have you been to Dismaland yet Stew? I was lucky enough to be there for Run the Jewels and Fatboy Slim on Friday, atmosphere is amazing and really worth getting in there for a gig if you can. I'm praying to all of the gods I don't believe in so I can get Massive Attack/Pussy Riot tickets...
I wish. Unfortunately plane tickets to the UK aren't cheap from Newark or JFK. Exchange rate is awful now too. It would be a nice excuse to go back over there since I badly wanted to check out Dismaland and I have family in Manchester and Liverpool who I haven't seen in a few years.

The All-American Rejects Song Pack – $7.99

The All-American Rejects “Dirty Little Secret” – Capo Required [Rhythm]
The All-American Rejects “Gives You Hell”
The All-American Rejects “Move Along” – Eb Standard

I wish. Unfortunately plane tickets to the UK aren't cheap from Newark or JFK. Exchange rate is awful now too. It would be a nice excuse to go back over there since I badly wanted to check out Dismaland and I have family in Manchester and Liverpool who I haven't seen in a few years.

Ahh, when you told me about your Aunt & Morrissey I assumed you were still up north, didn't realise you're US-based. If it's any consolation, I was born in Weston Super Mare in '79 and this is the first time it's been worth visiting in 36 years - the place deserved a break. The only other things going on in my neck of the woods is the Glastonbury Festival and cheddar, where the cheese comes from. Living in the US is much cooler overall...

Has anyone had experience in fixing the hocksmit code 10 driver error for the real tone cable? At first I thought it was because my new PC only has USB 3.0, but I everything I've tried so far has not worked. I tried disabling xHCI in BIOS, plugging the cable into a USB 2.0 hub, and even installed an internal USB 2.0 expansion, but I keeping getting the hocksmit code 10 driver error. I'm using the real tone cable that came with the 2011 360 version of Rocksmith. Does the 2014 edition of the cable have updated drivers that are not supported by the original cable?

Xyber

Has anyone had experience in fixing the hocksmit code 10 driver error for the real tone cable? At first I thought it was because my new PC only has USB 3.0, but I everything I've tried so far has not worked. I tried disabling xHCI in BIOS, plugging the cable into a USB 2.0 hub, and even installed an internal USB 2.0 expansion, but I keeping getting the hocksmit code 10 driver error. I'm using the real tone cable that came with the 2011 360 version of Rocksmith. Does the 2014 edition of the cable have updated drivers that are not supported by the original cable?

No difference in cables, that's all I can help you with unfortunately. :p

Have you been on the Ubi support forums to see if anyone has a solution?

Have you been on the Ubi support forums to see if anyone has a solution?

Yes, the solutions people have found were disabling xHCI, a 2.0 hub, or an internal expansion. The only solution I found, but have not tried is buying a new cable. If there is no difference between the cables, then I do not see the point in buying a new one because there is no issues with it on my laptop or on Xbox.

The Doors Song Pack II next week

Yes! Does this mean we'll get the songs we actually wanted this time? Three or five pack?

Would like:

The End
LA Woman
The End
People Are Strange
The End
Break on Through (hardly a challenge but fun, right?)
The End
Hello I Love You (guilty pleasure)
The End.

Oh, and i'd really like The End.

The Doors Song Pack II – $7.99

The Doors “Break On Through (To the Other Side)”
The Doors “L.A. Woman”
The Doors “People Are Strange” – E Standard (A445)

Quickly played through the three pack. Good, but they do suffer the same thing that the some of the other The Doors songs face (namely Riders on the Storm) in that the keyboard sections are translated to weird-ass chords, and even if you play them right they seem to sound kinda off.

Breaking Benjamin Song Pack – $7.99

* Breaking Benjamin “Blow Me Away (Ft. Valora)” – Drop C
* Breaking Benjamin “Polyamorous” Eb Drop Db
* Breaking Benjamin “So Cold” – Drop C

It is a Brand New pack apparently.

Not my cuppa.

Also, three-packs are going to become the norm going forward because of staff restructuring issues (which I read as "they're too busy making a South Park game" but I could be wrong).

Brand New Song Pack – $7.99

* Brand New “Okay I Believe You, But My Tommy Gun Don’t” – Eb Standard / Eb Drop Db [Bass]
* Brand New “The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows” – Eb Standard
* Brand New “Sic Transit Gloria… Glory Fades” – Eb Standard

Blues Rock Song Pack – $7.99

* Joe Bonamassa “Sloe Gin” – Drop D [Bass]
* Kenny Wayne Shepherd “Blue on Black” – Drop D [Lead]
* Phillip Sayce “Out Of My Mind” – Eb Standard

RowdyReverb

I was looking into picking this up. I'm pretty good at playing guitar already, but I haven't been playing as much lately and was looking for something to keep me playing. Is this game any fun for somebody who already plays well?

Lady Gaia

I was looking into picking this up. I'm pretty good at playing guitar already, but I haven't been playing as much lately and was looking for something to keep me playing. Is this game any fun for somebody who already plays well?

You might find the notation frustrating at first and initially you'll see that the game insists on simplifying everything until it can confirm you know what you're doing. If you're used to playing tabs, though, you'll pick it up fast enough. Just stick with it for a bit and it really opens up with some truly challenging transcriptions. There's an option to invert the strings to put the low E at the bottom to match standard tabulature so set that before getting started and you should enjoy the heck out of it.

RowdyReverb

You might find the notation frustrating at first and initially you'll see that the game insists on simplifying everything until it can confirm you know what you're doing. If you're used to playing tabs, though, you'll pick it up fast enough. Just stick with it for a bit and it really opens up with some truly challenging transcriptions. There's an option to invert the strings to put the low E at the bottom to match standard tabulature so set that before getting started and you should enjoy the heck out of it.
Ok, thanks. I am used to reading tabs, so when I looked at the gameplay videos I was thrown off a bit. I'm mostly interested in it because it should have fairly accurate transcriptions and it makes it easy for you to play along with the actual song, but was concerned about the format.

Lady Gaia

Ok, thanks. I am used to reading tabs, so when I looked at the gameplay videos I was thrown off a bit. I'm mostly interested in it because it should have fairly accurate transcriptions and it makes it easy for you to play along with the actual song, but was concerned about the format.

Inverting the string order makes all the difference in the world. I started out learning with Rocksmith but then quickly realized how annoying that would be when I started looking up tabs, so I inverted everything and went through a rough week of retraining. Skip the pain and drive right in. The transcriptions are quite detailed, the game doesn't pull any punches when it comes to alternate tunings, and having fairly sophisticated amp/speaker simulations and effects chaining really helps your playing feel right in context in songs. Every song comes with the necessary collection of effects setups already in place and, where appropriate, switched on the fly during the song. You can even use your favorite setup outside the song.

My only complaints would be that $3 a song can add up quickly (but it's worth every penny!), the songs don't appear to have the original instrument tracks muted so you play alongside the original guitar part, and I'd love to see a full-band Rocksmith with keys and drums. I'm just not holding my breath on that last one.

I'd love to see a full-band Rocksmith with keys and drums. I'm just not holding my breath on that last one.

To be honest, i'm wondering if we're even getting an RS 3 at this point. The DLC is confirmed as being mostly 3-packs going forward, and the studio is making the new South Park game.

Not confirmed yet, but a second Kiss pack is looking likely for this week's DLC.

Kiss Song Pack II

Strutter
???
???
MVvCwb6.png

Favourite KISS song, this songpack is mine!

Lady Gaia

To be honest, i'm wondering if we're even getting an RS 3 at this point. The DLC is confirmed as being mostly 3-packs going forward, and the studio is making the new South Park game.

I can only keep hoping! If they're not busy working on new ideas at least I hope they're going to fix some of the quirks with the PS4 port. It still hangs on me from time to time and audio dropouts occasionally force me to reboot. I enjoy the game a great deal but I'd love more to look forward to.

KISS Song Pack II – $7.99

* KISS – “God of Thunder” – Eb Standard
* KISS – “Love Gun” – Eb Standard
* KISS – “Strutter” – Eb Standard

i fall into this category and its fun for lead guitar particularly for learning very intricate parts but i feel it's crap for rhythm since i find it to be overly rigid at times when it really doesn't need to be

Top Bottom