• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

H75897000000000-00-500x500.jpg

Got this guy in the mail yesterday. On the right, it's got a drop (and up?) tuner that can switch the pitch of the guitar up to seven semi-tones and also an octave. It works flawlessly in Rocksmith and I was able to play C-Standard stuff without retuning at all. I play with headphones, so I didn't have to worry about the disconnect of actually hearing the standard tuning from the actual instrument.

On the other side, it's got a bunch of whammy effects and a harmonizer. This isn't something that can really be used in game, but will be fun to noodle around with in Session Mode and also on my amp. This is my first pedal, and I'm already having a lot of fun with it.

The dream is that they'll somehow be able to fully support FX pedals, as some of the charts are mental when it comes to transcribing Whammy usage.

Megadeth Pack 2

A Tout Le Monde
Trust
Peace Sells
Holy Wars
Tornado of Souls

I liked Megadeth when I was 14, which is a long time ago unfortunately. Might pick up Peace Sells for the nostalgia down the road. Not sure how Sweating Bullets didn't make the cut, being one of their best known tunes.

Deadstar

Megadeth Pack 2

A Tout Le Monde
Trust
Peace Sells
Holy Wars
Tornado of Souls

I liked Megadeth when I was 14, which is a long time ago unfortunately. Might pick up Peace Sells for the nostalgia down the road. Not sure how Sweating Bullets didn't make the cut, being one of their best known tunes.

This pack is awesome! I'm in it for all of these songs. Trust is easy to play but sounds great. Holy Wars is going to be difficult but fun.

FYI Steam has removed restrictions for all the RS1 DLC. You no longer require ownership of RS1 to purchase the 140 DLC songs available for RS1 on Steam

FYI Steam has removed restrictions for all the RS1 DLC. You no longer require ownership of RS1 to purchase the 140 DLC songs available for RS1 on Steam

Hi Toy, any word on what the pack is this week? A lot of people are saying .38 Special (whom i've never heard of, probably due to my nationality) but I haven't seen it confirmed by the RS team anywhere?

Hi Toy, any word on what the pack is this week? A lot of people are saying .38 Special (whom i've never heard of, probably due to my nationality) but I haven't seen it confirmed by the RS team anywhere?

.38 Special was a southern rock band who turned more arena rock and became more popular. "Hold on Loosely" is possibly a song you might have heard before.

38 Special Song Pack

Hold On Loosely
Caught Up In You
Rockin' Into The Night

Nothing in Jan particularly appealed to my tastes unfortunately, but can't complain as at least I got to save some cash after Christmas. Hoping Feb gives me something to bust the wallet out for.

Nothing in Jan particularly appealed to my tastes unfortunately, but can't complain as at least I got to save some cash after Christmas. Hoping Feb gives me something to bust the wallet out for.

Yeah, that 38 Special pack was the first DLC I downloaded in a while. Last holiday we had Rage Against The Machine and Jimi Fucking Hendrix.

Yeah, that 38 Special pack was the first DLC I downloaded in a while. Last holiday we had Rage Against The Machine and Jimi Fucking Hendrix.

And now we seem to be looping back to second packs from early DLC artists like Megadeth and Offspring. It feels like they're winding down slowly to me. I hope i'm off, or that it's because a new RS is coming this year, but we'll see.

they aren't winding down till I get my Modest Mouse Song Pack!

Bands like MM, Def Leppard and Pixies are odd ones - we've had individual tracks, sometimes DLC, sometimes packed-in - but not the full packs yet. I don't understand the ins and outs of it obviously, but it seems weird we've been teased by these groups but never got the full pack.

I must check out more of MM actually, the only album of theirs I have is the one with Johnny Marr on it. Can't remember it name but it's great.

I'd like a NIN pack too, as they're one of my all time favourite acts (and where my name comes from). I know they're probably better for 'Synthsmith" overall, but still.

Shadybiz

I'd like a NIN pack too, as they're one of my all time favourite acts (and where my name comes from). I know they're probably better for 'Synthsmith" overall, but still.

Coupla NIN songs could work pretty well; off the top of my head:

March of the Pigs
Last
Wish
Mr. Self Destruct (not as much as the other three..but could work)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My SO loves "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" so I'll have to nab that so we can get the Karaoke thing going.

adin75

Dang, I really should have bought this when it came out. Cannot find a physical copy in Australia anywhere, don't really fancy paying $100 on the PS store :(

Just have to keep checking ebay I guess.

Just came here to post them, they're already on my clipboard so might as well:

Coming in February:

Two kids, some dreams, a train and of course, romance for the 14th!

The two kids clue is Offspring....

Train? Nightrain! G n' R confirmed!
/s
Dreams.. Fleetwood Mac, finally? Although that particular song isn't really Rocksmith fodder. Sweet Dreams by Marilyn Manson? Dreams by Beck? Of course, it could mean California Dreamin', or Nightmares even.

Or, it could be a dreadful power punk band nobody over the age of 12 enjoys of course.

The Rocksmith Valentine's themed pack.

Worst pack ever, and no i'm not just salty because they had the perfect opportunity to get Wicked Game in there and went with this shit.

Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me (Capo Required)
Sister Hazel - All For You
Toto - Rosanna

Is anyone?

Is that the one where awkward, unattractive teen female (played by a beautiful actress) is in love with Freddie Prinze Jr, and at the end of the movie she takes her glasses off and you're supposed to be blown away by how gorgeous she is... except she's looked great the entire movie?

No, I didn't like that one either.

Also, in the UK in the late 90's you could not escape Sixpence None the Richer. It was everywhere and I still hate it to this very day.

pix

So I got this game on steam and followed a guide to plug the guitar directly into the computer with a 1/4" adapter. All I get is horrible distortion in game. If I buy the Ubisoft dongle will that issue go away. I ask because the game is unplayable, as I can't get past the tuning calibration because of all the distortion.

Xyber

So I got this game on steam and followed a guide to plug the guitar directly into the computer with a 1/4" adapter. All I get is horrible distortion in game. If I buy the Ubisoft dongle will that issue go away. I ask because the game is unplayable, as I can't get past the tuning calibration because of all the distortion.

Yes, any unsupported way of playing the game usually don't work great at all.

Looks like being a Loverboy pack, or maybe a mixed pack this week?

Semi-obscure 80's bands, second packs from artists already in the game and Sixpence None the Richer... I really haven't dug the DLC since STP, it's taken a really odd turn.

Working For The Weekend is a great riffy song to learn though.

Well... i'm interested to see what the other singles are. It just feels like the days of getting excited about weekly DLC have passed. Loverboy is fine for what it is (a slice of good ol' 80's cheese) but still.

Did the return of Guitar Hero and Rockband cause extra licensing nightmares? Are they winding down? Something just feels off. Hopefully we'll get RSIII at E3 and all will be great with the world, but we shall see.

Have all of the clues been ticked off yet?

Well... i'm interested to see what the other singles are. It just feels like the days of getting excited about weekly DLC have passed.

Did the return of Guitar Hero and Rockband cause extra licensing nightmares? Are they winding down? Something just feels off. Hopefully we'll get RSIII at E3 and all will be great with the world, but we shall see.

Have all of the clues been ticked of yet?
I'm hoping they're just saving good stuff for that. I know the RS studio is working on that new South Park game but I wonder how many resources they'd need for a new RS game. I can't imagine that much since the base is already there.

I'm hoping they're just saving good stuff for that. I know the RS studio is working on that new South Park game but I wonder how many resources they'd need for a new RS game. I can't imagine that much since the base is already there.

Would they have bothered to move 2014 to current gen consoles if they didn't want to build on their audience for a new game? Maybe South Park has delayed plans for RSIII?

I'm glad we don't have needless annual iterations of the game, but two and a half (ish) years after '14 i'm ready for a fresh coat of paint and some new features. A return of replays (or enabling the share button) would be great, just so I could play back and review my super-average-at-best playing.

Would they have bothered to move 2014 to current gen consoles if they didn't want to build on their audience for a new game? Maybe South Park has delayed plans for RSIII?

I'm glad we don't have needless annual iterations of the game, but two and a half (ish) years after '14 i'm ready for a fresh coat of paint and some new features. A return of replays (or enabling the share button) would be great, just so I could play back and review my super-average-at-best playing.

That would be neat. I'm really hoping they add some kind of mini game or something to help with ear training.

That would be neat. I'm really hoping they add some kind of mini game or something to help with ear training.

Yeah, some deeper tools like that would be great.

I'd really like a playlist feature. For example, I currently manage my music by sorting by favourites, but my favourites list is now massive. Playlists would be great - your current favourite songs, or songs in a particular tuning, a selection of your guilty pleasures. That kind of thing - just the freedom to group songs as you wish like you would in iTunes or whatever.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Any Kanye stans in the RS2014 thread?

I charted out Feedback from his new album and added it to Rocksmith 2014.

Download link in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk86r9SqJzQ

Also - anyone have tips for recording Rocksmith on PC while keeping audio exclusivity enabled? Playing without the delay is huge.

Well... i'm interested to see what the other singles are. It just feels like the days of getting excited about weekly DLC have passed. Loverboy is fine for what it is (a slice of good ol' 80's cheese) but still.

Have all of the clues been ticked off yet?

Nothing feels off to me.

Top Bottom