• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Collective Soul Song Pack - $11.99

* Collective Soul "December"
* Collective Soul "Gel"
* Collective Soul "Heavy" - Eb Standard
* Collective Soul "Shine" - Eb Drop Db [Lead/Bass] | Eb Standard [Rhythm]
* Collective Soul "The World I Know"

Imagine fucking Dragons? Really?
These last few weeks have been, shall we say, radioactive.

neil_hamburger.jpg

XShagrath

For some reason, I had it in my head that they were kinda chiptunes-ish.

I just figured it out though. I was confusing them with Rainbowdragoneyes, who had a couple songs in Rock Band (via RBN). I'm not sure which band I care less for though. They're both pretty bad.

there's some funny comments on my article. So far my favourite is calling them "soft cock rock"

You need to gather the best comments as a feature, a bit like Jimquisition's Metabombed.

Is BillyBobMcKnob you going incognito to vent at the commenters?

Also, the soft cock rock comment is pretty funny. 'Insurance Ad music' seems like a pretty astute observation.

Onemic

Does anyones RealTone cable work with windows 10? I recently built a new PC and my cable stopped working. I dont know if it's because of W10 or if my cable is just busted.

XShagrath

Does anyones RealTone cable work with windows 10? I recently built a new PC and my cable stopped working. I dont know if it's because of W10 or if my cable is just busted.
My cable works fine with Win10. This is a cable I bought about six months ago. My old one that I got with the original game for 360 was fraying and shorting out.

You need to gather the best comments as a feature, a bit like Jimquisition's Metabombed.

Is BillyBobMcKnob you going incognito to vent at the commenters?

Also, the soft cock rock comment is pretty funny. 'Insurance Ad music' seems like a pretty astute observation.

No, but I'm pretty sure I know who that is.

Kanhir

Works here, but oddly only in a USB 2.0 slot. When I tried popping it into a USB3 3.0 slot, it refused to work.

Hit Singles V

Edgar Winter - Free Ride (Probably Re-record from WoR)
The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl
???
???

We can add Eddie Cochran's Summertime Blues to that list also.

Nothing exciting me so far, my drought continues. It's ok though, I can take advantage of the DLC sale that is absolutely bound to be on PS4 if it's on Steam and pick up some backtracks! /s

Hit Singles V – $9.99

* The Cars “My Best Friend’s Girl”
* Eddie Cochran “Summertime Blues”
* Edgar Winter “Free Ride”
* Hoobastank “The Reason”

Whoobastank? Uh.. ok.

At least it's not a Sixpence None the Richer four pack I guess. It's a shame, an April Fool's 'guilty pleasures' pack of cheese could have been fun. Rocksmith needs some Roxette, dammit.

Is the person who was responsible for the great DLC packs working on South Park full time now or something?

I'm sticking to my prediction - weird ass DLC until June when RS3 is announced and the Nirvana pack comes out with it.

Whoobastank? Uh.. ok.

At least it's not a Sixpence None the Richer four pack I guess. It's a shame, an April Fool's 'guilty pleasures' pack of cheese could have been fun. Rocksmith needs some Roxette, dammit.

Is the person who was responsible for the great DLC packs working on South Park full time now or something?

I'm sticking to my prediction - weird ass DLC until June when RS3 is announced and the Nirvana pack comes out with it.
They're definitely saving some real good stuff for Rocksmith 3 or some kinda of big expansion pack.

XShagrath

I tried to go back to the original Rocksmith a couple weeks ago to try to clean up some achievements, and I just couldn't do it. The interface is god-awful compared to the improvements of 2014.

That being said, I really hope 2014 isn't the last one, as there are still improvements to be made. I would really like some lessons/games on some theory, as well as things like ear-training and drills. I know those are things that I could learn on my own (and should know already), but the interactivity of Rocksmith just makes learning way more fun.

I tried to go back to the original Rocksmith a couple weeks ago to try to clean up some achievements, and I just couldn't do it. The interface is god-awful compared to the improvements of 2014.

That being said, I really hope 2014 isn't the last one, as there are still improvements to be made. I would really like some lessons/games on some theory, as well as things like ear-training and drills. I know those are things that I could learn on my own (and should know already), but the interactivity of Rocksmith just makes learning way more fun.

These are my most wanted features for the next game. I also love when they release full games because there is a ton of indie and punk stuff that would never get DLC packs but might make the cut for cheaper to acquire songs that could fill out the song list.

Black Label Society Pack - $7.99

* Black Label Society "Overlord" - D Standard
* Black Label Society "Stillborn" - Eb Standard
* Black Label Society "Suicide Messiah" - Drop C

So uh... remember last week when I said

Something 'Indestructable?' Please don't feed us any more Disturbed, RS.

Yeah, it's a Disturbed five pack. Another week of 'no thanks', at least my copy of Dark Souls 3 is on the way.

A quarter of 2016 out of the way and the DLC has been mostly shit.

Xyber

I'm not a huge Disturbed fan but I enjoy some stuff. Going by the customs I've tried, a lot of their songs are fun to play though. Might buy the pack depending on what songs are in it.

I've only bought The Offspring pack just for something new to play. They're just ok and the selection for this pack wasn't crazy good but it was better than, let's say, Disturbed.

Kids Aren't Alright is fun, but I preferred Offspring pack I overall. That song and APC are my only purchases this year, the former because like you I was itching for something new to play and the latter because i'm a Maynard mark. Even the APC track was a really odd pick by them.

Disturbed Song Pack II – $11.99

* Disturbed “Indestructible” – Drop C
* Disturbed “Inside The Fire” – Drop C
* Disturbed “The Night” – Drop C
* Disturbed “Stricken” – Drop C
* Disturbed “Ten Thousand Fists” – Eb Drop Db

Xyber

Disturbed Song Pack II – $11.99

* Disturbed “Indestructible” – Drop C
* Disturbed “Inside The Fire” – Drop C
* Disturbed “The Night” – Drop C
* Disturbed “Stricken” – Drop C
* Disturbed “Ten Thousand Fists” – Eb Drop Db

Getting myself an Ibanez RG421EX tomorrow, this pack will definitely get some playtime with it.

XShagrath

Thanks. This will now be my third guitar in the same amount of years. I already know what I want next as well, a Les Paul, but that's gonna have to wait. :p
I've gotten three in three years as well, if you count the acoustic that I was given as a present. My next instrument will definitely be a bass.

Xyber

I've gotten three in three years as well, if you count the acoustic that I was given as a present. My next instrument will definitely be a bass.

I've been thinking about getting a bass as well, but before I'm even going to consider buying that I want to get a nice steel stringed acoustic. I got a classical acoustic (so technically I have 4 guitars with the new one :p) that I took from my sister when she gave up on trying to learn how to play. But I rarely play on it because I'm not a big fan of classical acoustic guitars.

Weird how things turn out. 4 years ago I didn't really have any interest in playing guitar and then I found out about Rocksmith and decided to give it a go and now here I am considering getting some wall hanger for my guitars because I'm running out of room on the floor..

Xyber

Just spent 3 hours in the game with the new guitar, I was surprised by how light it is compared to my other guitars. Also, having 24 frets was is a bit confusing since I'm so used to only having 22. :p

Loving it so far!

26318317722_80ae40ac0a_b.jpg

And here's all of them together, kinda shitty image quality though.

25807935463_b8e3be4a9b_b.jpg

I've been poking around thinking about getting a new guitar. I started with the Epiphone Les Paul Junior that came bundled with 2014. Used it for maybe a bit less than a year before buying an Epiphone G400 Pro SG. (About $400). Next guitar would probably have a $1000 budget, +/-$200 or so. But at that level, it's something I'd want to get my hands on to get a feel first.

Top Bottom