• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

That song was pretty fun in Guitar Hero Rock the 80s. I'll have to check out the preview video and see if it'll be any fun to play.

I remember having Extreme II on cassette waaaay back in I guess 1991? Not familiar with this song, but if that album is any indication fingers are going to hurt. I'm not really a fan these days but Nuno's guitar skills are undeniable.

I wonder what the other songs will be? It's a 80's mixed three pack. I wonder if the GH 80's tracklist could offer any clues if this song was on there?

Tracklist for that is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_Encore:_Rocks_the_80s#Soundtrack

Rocksmith 80's pack:

Extreme - Play With Me
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Devo - Girl U Want

...according to a forum poster. Not officially confirmed yet so will come back an edit if necessary.

Xyber

Rocksmith 80's pack:

Extreme - Play With Me
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Devo - Girl U Want

...according to a forum poster. Not officially confirmed yet so will come back an edit if necessary.

I definitely want me some Electric Eye, just remember that the custom I tried way back was awful. I'm also very surprised no one has made that one for 2014 already.

I definitely want me some Electric Eye, just remember that the custom I tried way back was awful. I'm also very surprised no one has made that one for 2014 already.

There's a bit of fuss on the forum because Rocksmith cheaped-out and didn't licence the intro track (The Hellion? Or something like that - I don't really know my JP past Breaking the Law). Apparently Rockband/Guitar Hero both managed to licence it.

It does raise the question though - what songs are unlicensed because the artists want too much money, and which ones are unlicensed because Ubi is being tight? I'm curious as to how the £2.49 (UK) breaks down.

Rock Band licensed the whole album (SFV)
Guitar Hero had it on disc (that's where they always spent the most money)

It's understandable they didn't want to pay full price for a 40 sec intro

4CaNixZ.jpg

JyncR7h.jpg

Hints for next week

Crobot Song Pack – $7.99

* Crobot “Fly On The Wall” - Eb Standard
* Crobot “Legend of The Spaceborne Killer” - Eb Drop Db
* Crobot “Nowhere to Hide” - Eb Standard

Rise Against II Song Pack – $11.99

* Rise Against “Audience of One” – Eb Standard
* Rise Against “Help Is On The Way” – Eb Standard
* Rise Against “Paper Wings” – Eb Standard
* Rise Against “Ready To Fall” – Eb Standard
* Rise Against “Re-Education (Through Labor)” – Eb Standard

Does anyone know how to solve the problem of the cable not being recognized by window?
It shows as Microphone (USB PnP Audio Device) and the game says is not there, I tried the sugestion of the ubi page about desinstalling and plug in again, but it's always the same.

Not starting out well...

I approached the song with an open mind (never heard it before) but nope, horrible. Interested to see what the other tracks are but not getting my hopes up.

At least we got a new Radiohead album last night, silver linings and all that.

Edit: Pack has apparently leaked:

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
Nazareth - Hair of the Dog
The Presidents of the USA - Peaches
Arch Enemy - Nemesis

Nazareth could be fun, but not sure I ever need to hear Peaches again. I wonder if it's charted for Guitbass and Basitar? Not familiar with Arch Enemy.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem of the cable not being recognized by window?
It shows as Microphone (USB PnP Audio Device) and the game says is not there, I tried the sugestion of the ubi page about desinstalling and plug in again, but it's always the same.

I had that problem before and was able to fix it eventually by moving it to a different USB port.

and now it's just recognizing it as "generic USB device" and is completely useless. not particularly amused by this turn of events.

Gonna get Peaches since I really like PotUSoA. Not my favorite song by them but that album was one of the first I ever bought with my own money.

Gonna get Peaches since I really like PotUSoA. Not my favorite song by them but that album was one of the first I ever bought with my own money.

I bought it when I was 15 (I think). Holy shit i'm old. I remember MTV hammering Peaches into the ground because of the amusing ninja video, might pick it up for the nostalgia down the line. Glad PSN finally incorporated a wishlist function so I can add DLC like this.

What's the consensus on Arch Enemy? I've never heard of them before.

Queensrÿche Song Pack – $7.99

* Queensrÿche “Eyes Of A Stranger”
* Queensrÿche “I Don’t Believe in Love” - Drop D
* Queensrÿche “Jet City Woman”

dead thread?

Chevelle 3 Pack next week

Hats off to The Bull

I have no idea who they are, will look them up...

Thread is very quiet lately, I've for one have been busy in 'real life' and the PS4 has been used for Uncharted and Doom so Rocksmith hasn't been getting a look in lately.

E3 just a few weeks out, what's the current odds on a fresh coat of paint for the ol' smith this year?

I've been playing it here and there but I was recently replaying all the Uncharted games and gonna start Uncharted 4 today. None of the recent DLC has been to my liking and we're really overdue for at least an expansion if not a new game.

I have no idea who they are, will look them up...

Thread is very quiet lately, I've for one have been busy in 'real life' and the PS4 has been used for Uncharted and Doom so Rocksmith hasn't been getting a look in lately.

E3 just a few weeks out, what's the current odds on a fresh coat of paint for the ol' smith this year?
I'll take The Smiths on the smith

Edit: not expecting anything at E3 :(

Lady Gaia

I would love to see something from the series at E3 but it has been so quiet I'm not getting my hopes up. If they never do an update at least I hope they patch the audio glitching I get regularly on the PS4 when I've been playing other games routinely and only putting the system into rest mode instead of turning it off. Even while tuning the input will glitch like crazy until I restart the system, then it's always smooth sailing. Really irritating.

I've been playing it here and there but I was recently replaying all the Uncharted games and gonna start Uncharted 4 today. None of the recent DLC has been to my liking and we're really overdue for at least an expansion if not a new game.

I'll take The Smiths on the smith

Edit: not expecting anything at E3 :(

You're in for a treat with 4, my personal favourite of the bunch (a title previously held by 2).

I would also take The Smiths on the 'smith.

I would love to see something from the series at E3 but it has been so quiet I'm not getting my hopes up. If they never do an update at least I hope they patch the audio glitching I get regularly on the PS4 when I've been playing other games routinely and only putting the system into rest mode instead of turning it off. Even while tuning the input will glitch like crazy until I restart the system, then it's always smooth sailing. Really irritating.

I hear you on that. The game has only had one patch on PS4 AFAIK, and it didn't touch the issue.

The first time it happened to me, I thought my then brand new bass had a faulty pick-up. Sometimes, it will just start happening for no reason forcing you to restart the entire system, especially irritating if you're playing two player and you have to go through set-up again.

The glitching seems to cause missed notes as well, which can be really off-putting during play.

jumper

dead thread?

Chevelle 3 Pack next week

Hats off to The Bull

I rarely contribute to this thread, but do check it out regularly and appreciate the DLC updates. I've also been playing Rocksmith a lot lately. Not fond of some of the recent DLC, but that gives me a chance to check out some of the older DLC tracks that I might have looked over.

Chevelle Song Pack – $7.99
Chevelle – Hats Off to the Bull – D Drop C – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
Chevelle – The Red – C# Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
Chevelle – Vitamin R (Leading Us Along) – C# Drop B – Lead/Rhythm; Drop D – Bass

90's Mixed Pack this week (I think 3-pack).

Includes 'Santa Monica' by Everclear, which was part of 15 year old me's record collection, so will add to the wishlist. Not a challenging number though by any stretch. It is certainly better than previous Everclear entry into the RS Pantheon, 'Father of Mine' from their kill-it-with-fire So Much For the Afterglow album.

No idea what else is in the pack yet.

Filter? Hell yeah. RS doesn't seem to want to feed me any NIN, so i'll take it. I loved their second album back in the day, I would imagine it sounds a bit dated now though.

Not heard Reel Big Fish, will get on the YouTube.

Good Charlotte 5 pack this week, the very epitome of everything I hate about noughties pop power punk.

Looks like I'll go out and enjoy the weather or something instead.

This month's Newsletter hints:

Two Anthems (Good Charlotte have a song called Anthem, so I presume it covers one of these. It was utter shit, like everything else they ever did)

A Classic Collaboration

Some Good Advice

Top Bottom