• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Could anybody recommend a good starting bass please? I had a bad motorcycle accident a few years ago and really screwed up my left arm/hand. I thought I'd try and get back into guitar again using this game, but it is proving very difficult because of a lack of dexterity that I now have. But I'd love to persevere in some form and thought maybe some simpler bass tracks might be the way to go.

I have a budget of maybe £300 ish. Thanks for any help.

Kingbrave

My first bass was one of those cheap Rogue basses. It was a pretty good bass once I set the action to where I wanted it.

It was for me at the time because no one else wanted to learn bass and for 130 dollars I said fuck it. Six years and four other basses later....

Always with Me, Always with You by Joe Satriani

5 Minutes Alone by Pantera

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights) by Styx

Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis

My bank balance is safe this week.

Hey, Rocksmith 2014 is on sale this week for PS4. Is there a third party adapter or anything? Looks like the official one goes for $50.

EDIT: Nice community you got here, Rocksmith-GAF! :mad:

XShagrath

Looks like there may be a "new" version of Rocksmith later this year. This reddit thread here and this Rocksmith forum thread here say there's a "Rocksmith Remastered" coming to PS4/XBox One/PC. I saw the link for the Remastered version on ubi's site yesterday (now gone), but when I clicked it, it asked me to provide a user/pass and did not look like a page that was supposed to be accessed by the public.

The artwork is the same, so I doubt this is a completely new version. The only thing that is known is that it includes six bonus tracks.

Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
fun. - Some Nights
The Jackson Five - I Want You Back
Bob Marley - Three Little Birds
Outkast - Hey Ya!
Train. - Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)

Maybe we'll hear some more information during their stream later today.

Suspicious Minds is a pretty good song.

But a "remastered" version seems like a bad way of getting out of making a proper sequel/followup. I mean, I guess this is probably just an easy way of putting a "new" title on the top of the New Release lists at stores and such. Maybe they roll in some optimizations, both in the "game" engine and the audio detection system.

I dunno. I'd rather see them put out a new $60 product with a large track list to get excited over.

Xyber

Hah, first time I try to enter a raffle on twitch and I win the DLC pack. :D

Good thing I only bought the Styx song the other day.

I'm on mobile, but Remastered looks good. And it's free to boot! Bonus songs are for retail and available as DLC. Looks like mostly quality of life features.

https://m.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/4w6yju/rocksmith_2014_remastered_official_faq/

Just spotted this, was about to post the link before i'd even seen what it is...

Basically a free update that tidies things up and improves search features, plus a mixed bag of new tracks including the long awaited debuts of Elvis, Michael Jackson and Bob Marley. Train can piss off though.

Bob Marley & the Wailers – Three Little Birds
Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
fun. – Some Nights
The Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
OutKast – Hey Ya!
Train – Drops of Jupiter

I don't see us getting a 'proper' sequel for at least another couple of years (unless they do more frequent updates such as this). I wonder if we'll be getting packs from any of the artists above?

EDIT: I'm not sure why on earth the Fun. track is in there, it's a terrible autotune pop song.

EDIT 2: The above songs are only free for new buyers at retail.

oo7

Seems like a hard sell reintroducing a Remastered game with 2014 in the title. Anywho, what are the odds this goes on sale on Xbox One marketplace anytime soon? I know they tend to have the same sales as Sony on a lot of multiplat games most of the time.

Seems like a hard sell reintroducing a Remastered game with 2014 in the title. Anywho, what are the odds this goes on sale on Xbox One marketplace anytime soon? I know they tend to have the same sales as Sony on a lot of multiplat games most of the time.

As far as I can tell, the 2014 is removed from the Remastered branding on the cover art. Some of the new features are very welcome, but I would be happy if they just killed the various pop/click/non-loading song bugs in the PS4 version that only disappear after turning the console off and back on.

I'll take what I can get but kinda bummed it's just a new patch but free is cool, i guess. Hoping once South Park is done that they begin working on Rocksmith 3.

I'm really struggling to get this set up on my current TV / soundbar with no sound lag. I'm using it on Xbox 360 as via the Xbox One the lag was too much.

Currently the best way I have it running, is just through the tv speakers and the lag is barely noticeable. But through the soundbar it is way too much, which is annoying as obviously it sounds a lot beefier. How have people here got it set up? Thanks

It's looking like Bad Religion's 21st Century Digital Boy will be in the pack next week, just waiting on confirmation.

No word if a mixed or artist pack yet... Will keep y'all posted.

I'll be buying this track for sure... ahh, memories...

It's looking like Bad Religion's 21st Century Digital Boy will be in the pack next week, just waiting on confirmation.

No word if a mixed or artist pack yet... Will keep y'all posted.

I'll be buying this track for sure... ahh, memories...

As someone who was goddamn obsessed with BR back in high school, this pleases me. A full artist pack would be fantastic.

As someone who was goddamn obsessed with BR back in high school, this pleases me. A full artist pack would be fantastic.

...and that's what we're getting, a four pack. I'm in, hopefully this is a sign of things to come and the DLC schedule will be re-invigorated by the Remastered update.

Lady Gaia

I'm very pleasantly surprised by the Rocksmith Remastered news. I had hoped they'd do another major iteration of the franchise, but a free update? I'll take that. I hope they tracked down the audio input issue as well despite not mentioning it anywhere

(I get clicks and pops pretty much continuously if I've been using the PS4 for extended periods without restarting, just putting it into rest mode. Restarting the system always clears the issue up completely.)

I'm very pleasantly surprised by the Rocksmith Remastered news. I had hoped they'd do another major iteration of the franchise, but a free update? I'll take that. I hope they tracked down the audio input issue as well despite not mentioning it anywhere

(I get clicks and pops pretty much continuously if I've been using the PS4 for extended periods without restarting, just putting it into rest mode. Restarting the system always clears the issue up completely.)

I've had the same problem, posted it to the ubi forum (along with others in the same boat) twice and nothing was ever done about it. There's also another bug, where the song doesn't load and you're just stuck in a screen with the audience background and the amps on either side, they've ignored that too.

I've had the same problem, posted it to the ubi forum (along with others in the same boat) twice and nothing was ever done about it. There's also another bug, where the song doesn't load and you're just stuck in a screen with the audience background and the amps on either side, they've ignored that too.

I used to get that one constantly but haven't in a while.

I used to get that one constantly but haven't in a while.

I hadn't seen that bug for a while, but I tried to play Wave of Mutilation and there it was. It was preceded by the song loop on the menu screen getting stuck as well - whatever song I selected, i'd just get WoM playing.

EDIT - 'Sorrow' confirmed for the Bad Religion pack.

All songs for the pack confirmed yet?

My guess:

21st Century Digital Boy
Sorrow
American Jesus
Infected

Would love it if they did a 5 pack and snuck You in there.

Bad Religion Song Pack – $9.99

* Bad Religion “21st Century (Digital Boy)”
* Bad Religion “American Jesus”
* Bad Religion “Infected” – D Standard
* Bad Religion “Sorrow”

Should be a fun pack, i'll be putting my cash down. Glad Rocksmith DLC finally seems to be picking up again.

Bad Religion pack is great fun, shame Rocksmith seems to be buckling under the weight of everything though. Two restarts because of popping/clicking, one application crash and weird distortion on the low E string when attempting to play Radiohead's Karma Police (when my wrists needed a break from the punk). All things considered, a lot of issues for a thirty minute late evening play session. I really, really hope they sort this shit out with the Remaster patch.

EDIT - Looks like we may have a pack of boy band with guitar crap The Neighbourhood coming up this week.
EDIT - 2010's mixed pack including aforementioned boy band with guitars. No idea what else is in there, but if the announced song is indicative of what's coming up I'm not getting too excited.

Haha, Didn't know they announced it so early since your posted was an edited comment. I got my Bad Religion last week so I really can't complain about boy band garbage.

XShagrath

700 hours of playtime, don't have the 500 one. :p

Got 214 in February 2015. I have never even bothered with going after them, so I wonder when I will get 500.

I'm at 857 hours.

I play a ton of songs, so all those goals of "Play 1/3 new songs" racks up. I know it's not the best way to approach improving my skills, but I just can't bring myself to play the same song over and over again. I come from the Rock Band/Guitar Hero world, so playing a bunch of different songs in a session is just how I've come to enjoy these types of experiences. I don't have any lead songs leveled up to 100%, and just a couple rhythm songs.

Good for people who like that shitty band.

edit: Just got the Mission 214 trophy today... I haven't even been trying to do the missions but 500 has got to be a real fuckin grind.

Don't - for ages, I thought the trophy just referred to the 'rocksmith recommends' items, so I made an effort to keep doing missions as I thought i must have ticked off plenty without realising. I got a uplay alert for 100 missions, so at that point decided 'fuck it'. A real wanker of a platinum for all the wrong reasons.

It's a stupid trophy imo - you gain nothing from doing 500 arbitrary missions. "achieve 35% mastery in this song you have no desire to play'. For me, every other mission seems to involve Spirit on the Radio by Rush.

Still waiting to find out what Katy Perry, Bieber or Skrillex song fills out the 2010s pack.

I have over 500 hours into the game and don't even have the 214 mission trophy. I entirely ignore that stuff and just play songs.

I've got 86% of the achievements, my missing ones include playing in session mode for an hour and getting high scores on some of the guitarcade games, most of which are a bit bollocks.

Anyone know where I can check my time played on PS4?

I've got 86% of the achievements, my missing ones include playing in session mode for an hour and getting high scores on some of the guitarcade games, most of which are a bit bollocks.

Anyone know where I can check my time played on PS4?
Uplay website has personal stats (only 3) but I'm not sure if it combines playtime from PS3 and ps4 or if it's just one version. That's assuming you moved from the PS3 to the ps4 version.

2010s Mix Pack – $7.99 / Steam

* Fall Out Boy “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)”
* Hail The Sun “Burn Nice and Slow (The Formative Years)”
* The Neighbourhood “Sweater Weather” – D Standard

Uplay website has personal stats (only 3) but I'm not sure if it combines playtime from PS3 and ps4 or if it's just one version. That's assuming you moved from the PS3 to the ps4 version.

I had a gander on uplay, both versions, but can't find that info just the various uplay unlockables.

2010s Mix Pack – $7.99 / Steam

* Fall Out Boy “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)”
* Hail The Sun “Burn Nice and Slow (The Formative Years)”
* The Neighbourhood “Sweater Weather” – D Standard

That's the problem with highs. What goes up must come crashing down.

Top Bottom