• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith 2014 |OT| - Everything is improved, except the OT.

Therion

Hail the Sun ought to be fun, but I also find it a bit disappointing. I've been hoping they'd get a pack of their own (never seemed that likely, but possible due to Shane's involvement with the game), and since Wake is one of my favorite albums I would have preferred a song from there.

I guess I'll just hope that this song sells well and makes future Hail the Sun DLC more likely.

NEO0MJ

So, what tips do you guys have for playing without taking your eyes off the screen? I was fine at first when playing slower and simple songs but when going for harder stuff I can't keep up and just break.

Goddamn do I hate Rush

So, what tips do you guys have for playing without taking your eyes off the screen? I was fine at first when playing slower and simple songs but when going for harder stuff I can't keep up and just break.
Try to memorize, look down when you can I guess. It's probably the hardest thing about RS is that while I'm pretty familiar with guitar I can get lost and be in the wrong fret pretty easily.

Storm360

Damn, Freewill and another one of the packs tracks are stuff i've wanted in Rock Band forever, gonna be amazed when halsb somehow FCs it

NEO0MJ

Try to memorize, look down when you can I guess. It's probably the hardest thing about RS is that while I'm pretty familiar with guitar I can get lost and be in the wrong fret pretty easily.

Yeah. Even my friend who is pretty decent with guitar gets confused.

Rush II Song Pack – $11.99

* Rush “Closer To The Heart”
* Rush “Fly By Night”
* Rush “Freewill”
* Rush “La Villa Strangiato”
* Rush “Working Man”

jumper

Really solid pack. It has 3 songs I was really hoping for (working man, freewill, and fly by night). I might as well get the whole pack (even though I won't be able to learn La Villa Strangiato anytime soon).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I got this with my Gretsch Jet Club, and it's really comprehensive so far. The lag on PC seems to get better and worse all the time, sometimes it's great and sometimes it really throws me off. I guess it's because the audios's coming out of my PC over HDMI to my TV, but I don't really have an optical out option on it.

70's Mix Pack:

Thin Lizzy - Emerald
George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag

and, in a move that will please fellow Lynchian avatar user Infernostew..

The Clash - I Fought the Law

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The weird thing about learning all these parts is that I'm pretty good at performing with the music in front of my face (I was in band as a kid so that helped out), but I have zero recollection of any riffs or tabs to play on my own later. It's impressive to me that every rock guitarist just has it all in their head at once without needing a guide. Muscle memory is killer.

Was busy the last few days and couldn't play I feel I lost so much progress.

I find my worst RS playing happens when i'm forcing myself to play. If you're not in the mood or you have more pressing matters to deal with, just give it a rest until you're feeling more relaxed.

RE: Your avatar, have you seen PJ Harvey on her current tour? I watched her a couple of months ago and it was amazing - definitely watch it if you can.

Yesssssss! I'll buy the whole pack just since they put more Clash in.

Edit: and since I love Reservoir Dogs

Reservoir Dogs is still my favourite QT movie after all these years. "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"

NEO0MJ

I find my worst RS playing happens when i'm forcing myself to play. If you're not in the mood or you have more pressing matters to deal with, just give it a rest until you're feeling more relaxed.

I guess, but I don't want to regress. That happens too often with me.

I guess, but I don't want to regress. That happens too often with me.
I learned guitar through RS and at no point have I felt any regression from not playing for a while. I also more often than playing RS, just pick up my guitar or bass and fuck around with some songs or just random chord practice. I would get in the habit of playing outside of RS at some point. Then again, I don't know how far along you are in your progress of learning to play. The first few months I felt RS was essential but even not playing for a week or so I can pick up and get a better % on a song in learn a song now.

mattiewheels

RE: Your avatar, have you seen PJ Harvey on her current tour? I watched her a couple of months ago and it was amazing - definitely watch it if you can.
The only time I saw her live was when she toured with John Parish for their second album together. Didn't play a single PJ song, and it was still one of my favorite shows. She's the best. Coincidentally, that was the last album of hers that I really loved, I don't really get this new direction she's into now.

The only time I saw her live was when she toured with John Parish for their second album together. Didn't play a single PJ song, and it was still one of my favorite shows. She's the best. Coincidentally, that was the last album of hers that I really loved, I don't really get this new direction she's into now.

I really enjoyed her last album, but her new one makes a lot more sense live. Get some tickets, give the album a few spins so you're familiar with the songs and I promise you won't regret it. It's quite the spectacle (a ten piece band!) and she does slip a few classics in as well.

I'm gasping for a PJ Harvey pack in RS, but when it comes to female rock RS has really dropped the ball IMO.

In DLC news, apparently we're to expect something "quite new" happening next week. Hopefully it's better than the soundtrack thing they did...

Edit: Stain'd pack next week. In the words of Adam Jensen, I never asked for this.

I'm glad they've opted to give the options of original and easier tunings, as the survey suggested one or the other. Good stuff. (The tuning options, not the band).

haha agreed, although Sweater Weather was really fun to play so having Staind end up being fun isn't that farfetched to be honest...

haha agreed, although Sweater Weather was really fun to play so having Staind end up being fun isn't that farfetched to be honest...

"It's Been a While" has comedy value within my group of good friends, so the possibility of a regrettable drunk purchase is there for that one at least.

Hopefully the tunings mean we get a Sonic Youth pack soon...

Xyber

Staind Pack:

It's Been a While
Outside
So Far Away

All available in crazy and not-so-crazy tunings.

It's cool that they are going for some heavily downtuned songs and also making it playable in a more normal tuning. Don't really care for any of these songs though.

v1vFQQK.jpg

Variety Pack... I've forgotten the number, sorry.

A Day To Remember - I'm Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?

Sepultura - Refuse/Resist

Fleetwood Mac - Never Going Back Again

A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)

Sepultura eh? I've actually seen their classic line up live, not a massive fan but might get this, I can't remember the last time I played something metal on RS. ADTR can sod off though.

Variety Song Pack IV – $9.99

* A Day To Remember “I’m Made of Wax, Larry, What are You Made Of?” – Drop C
* A Flock of Seagulls “I Ran”
* Fleetwood Mac “Never Going Back Again” – Capo Required [Lead] / Eb Standard [Rhythm]
* Sepultura “Refuse/Resist” – D Standard

----
*tunings to be confirmed*

Eww... At least we got "I Ran" to somewhat legitimize this pack.

2/4 for me, although there's many Mac songs (especially from the Green era) I would pick before NGBA.

I do feel like the general quality of DLC is up from the first half of the year though, in hindsight that was a shocking run.

lewisgone

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find a solution anywhere online. I bought the disc import tool on PS3 and booted up my PS4 to download all the songs. The import tool shows up in the "Packs" area of the store with a green tick next to it, but when I click it to download the songs and it launches the Playstation Store, it just says "Content not found". I have no clue how to get around this, which means I just cant download the songs I've paid for.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find a solution anywhere online. I bought the disc import tool on PS3 and booted up my PS4 to download all the songs. The import tool shows up in the "Packs" area of the store with a green tick next to it, but when I click it to download the songs and it launches the Playstation Store, it just says "Content not found". I have no clue how to get around this, which means I just cant download the songs I've paid for.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Did you try finding it in the PS Store under Rocksmith 2014 add-ons and download it from there? The store in game is pretty useless.

Top Bottom