• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar has 'requested that no UK retailer dispatch GTA 5 before September 16'

UrbanRats

There's nothing about what they're doing here that'll stop it from being the biggest launch. All those copies being sent out on the 16th are already sold, so they're counted for day 1.

Sure, though a lot of people on the 17th won't be actually able to play the game, because they waited the last second to ship, is what i'm saying.
I guess it'll be impressive on paper, but a lot of folks who ordered online will only be pissed.

I don't understand their extreme fear of anyone playing this game a day or 2 before, who cares?

Andrew.

Banned
If anyone is gonna be playing this early from a mom n pop store that will break street date it will be The Praiseworthy.

Dude gets every AAA(AAA) title at least a week beforehand regardless of the "rules" set.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
What was the restriction on buying a digital code from Shopto again ? Tried to buy a PSN code but it gave me an error, but then I didn't have a credit card attached to my account (I was adding it at checkout).

Robot Pants

If anyone is gonna be playing this early from a mom n pop store that will break street date it will be The Praiseworthy.

Dude gets every AAA(AAA) title at least a week beforehand regardless of the "rules" set.

So do I.
ACKNOWLEDGE ME PLEASE!

No but seriously I know the place. And I'll more than likely be getting GTAV early as well.

UrbanRats

Preload a month earlier.
Ship the day before.

iDtHZra0ok4O8.gif

Acorn

What was the restriction on buying a digital code from Shopto again ? Tried to buy a PSN code but it gave me an error, but then I didn't have a credit card attached to my account (I was adding it at checkout).

I think you need to have made a purchase in the last 30 days with the card to purchase points after the credit card details being stolen problem they had like 4-5 years ago.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I think you need to have made a purchase in the last 30 days with the card to purchase points after the credit card details being stolen problem they had like 4-5 years ago.

Ah ok thanks man. It gave me a vendor problem at checkout but I know it's not my actual card as I just used it after that to put funds onto Steam.

UrbanRats

Mine has been 2 days on "in process" on their R* warehouse, and it still is.
Goddamn they should've shipped before the goddamn weekend.

Xater

I'm just gonna say this: Tuesday releases here in Germany always get out early here. I think pretty much everything I ordered arrived at like the Saturday before the official release. (Examples would be the Halo games or not too long ago Bioshock Infinite) I would not be surprised if a lot of people are already playing today.

akaoni

Banned
Mine was dispatched from Amazon UK yesterday and arrived this morning. Guess Amazon didn't give a fuck.

I was speaking to someone who said the same about dispatch and they were sure it would arrive today. Guess they weren't kidding.

EDIT: Unless you're him.... I will laugh my ass off if this just happened....

My Amazon UK order says "Dispatching Now." In theory it could arrive Monday, but I don't expect it too. We tend not to get much mail in our village on Mondays.

helloiamgary

Neo Member
My friend ordered his yesterday from Amazon, arrived this morning, so he promptly sent me a photo of it to rub it in. Lovely guy.

I've notified the authorities.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have just this second got a text from ShopTo saying "Your order has been packed with 1st Class and it's on the way to you.”

But in reality this could mean it's going out in the Monday post.

Sillverrr

Woe is me, and all that, but it looks as though Amazon UK will be shipping my CE per their dispatch estimate of the 16th (!). What this means for me, as an offshore resident, is 99% chance of the four to five day courier handling my oversized parcel.

Now, I could definitely have ordered the standard edition and had it a lot sooner, but I wanted to treat myself. Unless they don't have the CE in their warehouse, I can't understand why they weren't allowed to ship it on Friday, or today, to outlying regions.

There's protecting your high profile release, and then there's pissing off consumers for no apparent reason. The game was obviously going to leak a few days early, so stipulating the 16th for delivery was never going to safeguard anything.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So yeah, this just happened.

1240623_10153235661215257_1108350297_n.jpg

I ordered from Amazon, for what it's worth. (And for those who don't understand a Derry Irish accent - you racist fucks :p - I say 'YEEEEEEEEEEES LEEEEEEEEEED' at the end of the linked Vine).

Please do some random shit in both versions and compare framerate and IQ. Many here would appreciate getting a conclusive answer regarding any differences!

Man, Amazon are going to be fined out of their arse for doing this. Rockstar will not be happy lol
i don't think they can be fined but they may not get as much stock from rockstar's distributors.
then again, that'd be like shooting themselves in the foot...

as an aside i think my copy will arrive monday but due to a lack of cash it'll be going straight back :(

McLovin

I really hope release dates are done with at some point. The games done. Just let people download/buy it. I don't get the logic behind "lets wait, for no real reason, to make money instead of giving people what they"

popo

They can't fine anyone and only small Indie retailers will see any blowback. Ask Nintendo US what happens when you piss off Amazon.

The whole idea of rockstar being control freaks was justified by minimising leaks but the game is all over the torrents, as always happens.

magawolaz

Why do Vines never work on my PCs? (using Firefox) is there a plug in i must download or what?
I see a static image and that's it.
I couldn't display Vines on Firefox either, try this: type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter, then search for "media.windows-media-foundation.enabled" and set it to false.
Refresh that vine page (or restart Firefox, I don't remember)

Zafir

Nothing from GAME, guess they're sticking to it since they were the ones who said about it. Sigh.

Edit: Actually, looking at the status of the order on the site it says Shipped so maybe there is hope!

Top Bottom