• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar has 'requested that no UK retailer dispatch GTA 5 before September 16'

Yup this is true. There's a game store near me that usually breaks street date by around 3-4 days, I used it to get my hands on BO2, BF3 and Halo 4 early.

They told me they wouldn't be able to do that with GTA V. Damn you Rockstar!!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I expect quite a few people to get their copies a day later due to postage problems. No way all these companies can guarantee launch day delivery. I'll probably just go to the midnight launch now.

Metalmarc

Unless you've ordered from Zavvi (if so, shame on you), you'll be fine.

Nah we will see how many peoples amazon prime killzones arrive tommorow or not, just found out mines been dispacthed via the royal mail afterall ugh, so i know expect a sat-monday delivery for that now instead of release date, cheers royal mail.

Yeah they're okay if all you want to buy is the latest shooter. You're better off going to an electronics shop or Gamestop though.

This is the latest shooter. More or less. In my experience, long as it's a big game you're looking for, supermarkets have the best price. Not always the best stock, went into an ASDA (British Wal-Mart) on Luigi Mansion 2 launch day and was shit outta luck, but still far better than giving my money to GAME (British Gamestop).

This is such a clever marketing technique.
Rockstar remember the gta4 launch, it was all over the news due to the midnight launches, and the huge queue's of people. They need the same thing to happen again.
They don't want people to sit at home and order online, they want them out in the streets queuing up for the camera's.
It was so busy at the gta4 midnight launch that it was even all over my small local paper.
I'm not going to buy the game, i've never been into gta.
But i have to take my hat off to rockstar, it's marketing at it's best.

I need to ask a question.

why would anyone "pre-order" a game on PSN store? its online, you can download a game as many times as you like, its infinite.. right? so if I never preordered the game on PSN, I could download it like everyone else on the release date?

Romez

why would anyone "pre-order" a game on PSN store? its online, you can download a game as many times as you like, its infinite.. right? so if I never preordered the game on PSN, I could download it like everyone else on the release date?

Well while you're downloading an 18gb game that would take hours, people who have pre-ordered, already have the game sitting there and only need to download a small unlock file. It's just convenience.

Denzar

Ugh. The street date is a tuesday and the store I work for never gets supplied the monday. This means I have to wait for the truck to arrive and the delivery to be processed on tuesday while the store is already open. It will be a warzone!

Unless we get supplied the saturday!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Good news people, if you don't play GTA 5 the first day of release the game doesn't evaporate never to be seen again.

PaulLFC

Good news people, if you don't play GTA 5 the first day of release the game doesn't evaporate never to be seen again.
And why should people who preordered a game not expect it on day one? That's part of the whole point of preordering. It's not guaranteed, but should be expected. Rockstar just made it less likely with this decision which will have no clear benefit.

The pre-order works this way. You pre-load the game so on launch date you only have to activate it. Well, that was for RE6. Then on TLOU they did something weird and we had to wait.

SHADES

Ugh. The street date is a tuesday and the store I work for never gets supplied the monday. This means I have to wait for the truck to arrive and the delivery to be processed on tuesday while the store is already open. It will be a warzone!

Unless we get supplied the saturday!

Is your store doing a midnight launch?

If so, I would expect a fri/sat delivery based on what you've said.

Is it me or do a few people in this thread seem to be under the impression that its a Friday release? Its on a Tuesday, so the lack of post on a Sunday will make no difference :)

Haunted

Stay in the warehouse you say?

gta_warehouse.jpg

Liamario

Banned
It's silly request to be fair. 1 day won't make a difference. I mean, if just one person gets it early (and that will happen), whatever they are trying to achieve is just pointless.

Yup this is true. There's a game store near me that usually breaks street date by around 3-4 days, I used it to get my hands on BO2, BF3 and Halo 4 early.

They told me they wouldn't be able to do that with GTA V. Damn you Rockstar!!

Hit me up brother

#forzaArsenal
#COYG
#fuckSpurs

Well while you're downloading an 18gb game that would take hours, people who have pre-ordered, already have the game sitting there and only need to download a small unlock file. It's just convenience.

ok I get that, some have slow internet connections. But let say I didnt pre order it. is it still available day 1 on PSN for us to buy and download?

and what are the speeds that sony offers to download at?
I have a 500mb download speed fiber connection so it would take all that long to download.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Motherfuckers. Very tempted to cancel my Amazon order and go to the midnight launch then. If this didn't come on the 17th I would throw a hissy fit unbefitting of a 30 year old man. But if they're only posting it on the 16th... better safe than crying helplessly.

mocoworm

This very thread is about retailers not sending it out before the 16th , not retailers not getting it until the 16th.

My bad. Apologies. I misunderstood the OP. This is not as bad as I thought then. If Amazon can post on the 16th then it could very well arrive on the morning of 17th.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My bad. Apologies. I misunderstood the OP. This is not as bad as I thought then. If Amazon can post on the 16th then it could very well arrive on the morning of 17th.

COULD being the operative word here. Those of us that have taken a day off to play this game might get a bit pissy if it's not there on the 17th

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I remember queuing at midnight for the GT4 launch. It was great.

I love midnight launches.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
For those that ordered via R* Warehouse:

Question: If I pre-order GTA V from the Rockstar Warehouse, when will it arrive?

Answer: Grand Theft Auto V pre-orders from the Rockstar Warehouse will be shipped ahead of release. They should arrive to customers on launch day.

Please note that shipping and arrival dates are not guaranteed for any location. Types of orders at greater risk for not receiving the game on launch day are those shipping to more remote/rural areas, military addresses, or to P.O. boxes. Although we are shipping in advance of release, shipments to Canada and Mexico may be subject to additional processing through customs.

If you live outside North America/EU, please check availability with your local retailer.

Found here.

SHADES

How do you figure that when this very thread is about distribution to retailers only happening on the 16th ?

I simply think its more of a retail restriction rather than a distribution restriction as in point of sale, where as online is point of sale, stores will have stock by the Friday/Saturday that's my gut feeling anyway.

Motherfuckers. Very tempted to cancel my Amazon order and go to the midnight launch then. If this didn't come on the 17th I would throw a hissy fit unbefitting of a 30 year old man. But if they're only posting it on the 16th... better safe than crying helplessly.

Amazon very rarely ship a game any earlier than a day before anyway in my experience.

SmokyDave

I remember queuing at midnight for the GT4 launch. It was great.

I love midnight launches.

Yeah, I reckon I'll hit up a midnight launch for this one. I have the rest of the week off so I might as well hit the ground running.

Can't fucking wait. I haven't been this hyped for a game since San Andreas.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Welp, here in Spain some retailers will have the game on friday 13th for sure.

Can you list any? A shop called Radical Joker in Lorca, Murcia sold me Black Ops a week early but they've closed down since and the other shop is GAME so doubt they will sell early.

I do have another shop which the guy said he might have copies in 10th-13th but I doubt it will happen now plus he's more of a PC tech shop.

Not if they send it via royal mail ive had 5 or more times turn up late recent, got a free month, if they send these out via royal mail, im expecting a big melt down esp now that rockstar has halted the dispatch date this is going to be good...but bad

You must live in a fairly unreliable area. I get 90% of my Amazon packages in one day (unless I choose super saver free delivery) via Royal Mail. As someone posted earlier, Royal Mail claim that 93.4% of first class post is delivered in one day. There will be thousands of people disappointed due to this, but most will be fine.

The only thing putting me off midnight launch is i went to the biggest Tesco in Salford for GTA4 and they had 20 copies for each platform.

As you can imagine, there was more than about 100 people there.

Yasawas

I'm pretty sure it'll still arrive on release day from Amazon with free delivery, no problems with the post here. It's stupid though, and I will be popping in to my local disreputable retailer from Saturday onward expecting to see it on the shelf and maybe buckling depending on price.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yeah, I reckon I'll hit up a midnight launch for this one. I have the rest of the week off so I might as well hit the ground running.

Can't fucking wait. I haven't been this hyped for a game since San Andreas.

A week off as well. Perfect.

Top Bottom