• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar has 'requested that no UK retailer dispatch GTA 5 before September 16'

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah, I reckon I'll hit up a midnight launch for this one. I have the rest of the week off so I might as well hit the ground running.

Can't fucking wait. I haven't been this hyped for a game since San Andreas.

I fully expect to be awake and blazed out of my mind when the mrs gets up for work the next day.

clockpunk

I've preordered the Special Edition from Game online, with a nice little £15 discount... but can't say as I trust Royal Mail to deliver on time. Might just preorder a second copy, pick it up at a midnight launch, and return the second copy - whenever it arrives - with the full price receipt.

I know how ticked off I'd be if I couldn't play it on the launch day.

Tek

Rockstart is keeping the lid on this

tumblr_m2noqsJkKn1qbsoefo1_400.gif

SuperSah

Banned
My Amazon warehouse is like 30 minutes away, so I don't have an issue with them.

It should come day one considering it's First Class.

Do Sainsburys ever do midnight launches? I have it preordered from Sainsburys Entertainment, but if possible I'll get it at midnight from the store. Would get a few funny looks from the people I work with, but its a new GTA game for Christ's sake :p

SuperSah

Banned
Do Sainsburys ever do midnight launches? I have it preordered from Sainsburys Entertainment, but if possible I'll get it at midnight from the store. Would get a few funny looks from the people I work with, but its a new GTA game for Christ's sake :p

Well, are any Sainsbury's 24 hours? I don't think I've ever seen an 24 hour one.

I need to ask a question.

why would anyone "pre-order" a game on PSN store? its online, you can download a game as many times as you like, its infinite.. right? so if I never preordered the game on PSN, I could download it like everyone else on the release date?

Yes. But if you preorder in EU PSN you can preload game before release.

iNvid02

question about EU PSN preorder: will it unlock midnight or grace chen time?

never liked PSN pricing but with £25 cards going for £20 it makes it alright, i think i might jump on it if it will unlock immediatley

glaurung

question about EU PSN preorder: will it unlock midnight or grace chen time?

never liked PSN pricing but with £25 cards going for £20 it makes it alright, i think i might jump on it if it will unlock immediatley
Should definitely happen at midnight. Diablo-style.

Denzar

Is your store doing a midnight launch?

If so, I would expect a fri/sat delivery based on what you've said.

We are not, (un)fortunately. Good thing is I don't have to work late, bad thing is it'll probably arrive on monday...

The same happened with Bioshock Infinite, but we received the game on friday...

Now, I've found a loophole in our system. I can purchase the game the moment it arrives in our store without the publsiher or supplier even knowing about it.

Man, it's hard to fathom that I do these thing just to play a video game some days earlier. A true testament to the power of the GTA brand.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

They have done in the past, mine isn't 24 hours, but I'm sure they had a midnight launch for FIFA or CoD.

ShadyJ

Had a $5 off voucher at ozgameshop.com so i purchased a copy for $65, im going to have to wait a week for shipping anyway.

AHA-Lambda

I'm now resigning myself to not getting this on release. I've pre ordered mine from GMG, and I've never used them before so I have no idea what they're like for pre orders :-/

Doesn't bother me, the last game I pre-ordered from Amazon was dispatched the day before release and then arrived on release day so as long as that happens again I'm fine.

You're all worried over nothing, especially if you're in 'Merica and using Amazon, Gamestop or The Rockstar Warehouse or any site guaranteeing release day delivery.

You're all worried over nothing, especially if you're in 'Merica and using Amazon, Gamestop or The Rockstar Warehouse or any site guaranteeing release day delivery.

I don't live in America, first class usually takes 2-3 days where I live. Am I allowed to be worried now?

dyergram

I remember last time I tried to get gta at midnight. I was working at TGIF and I didn't finish till after midnight and three tescos in a row laughed in my face (sold out) I finally got one from a asda where the lady on the till was super pissed at the management who had apparently banned staff from buying copies. Then I went home and had a argument with my girlfriend ahh memories. Yep I much prefer getting games pushed through my letter box far less bullshit.

SHADES

We are not, (un)fortunately. Good thing is I don't have to work late, bad thing is it'll probably arrive on monday...

The same happened with Bioshock Infinite, but we received the game on friday...

Now, I've found a loophole in our system. I can purchase the game the moment it arrives in our store without the publsiher or supplier even knowing about it.

Man, it's hard to fathom that I do these thing just to play a video game some days earlier. A true testament to the power of the GTA brand.

Work that loophole Son!

DukeBobby

I'm now resigning myself to not getting this on release. I've pre ordered mine from GMG, and I've never used them before so I have no idea what they're like for pre orders :-/

I've only pre-ordered two games from GMG, but both of them arrived on the day of release.

alan666

Banned
i had this email in the OP yesterday morning but i was not allowed to start a thread here about it :(

i have not had problems with Game & the games are not sent out the day before but a few days before & are left waiting in the post office depot & will be sent out so they arrive on the right day, i did find this out from Game in a email years ago i think the parcels have 24hr stickers on them as they are a different delivery, i have had this a few times, mostly on when i have the limited or collectors edition so it is in a bigger box, i think the normal version are classed in the same way though.

i luckily had the week booked off ages ago before the release date was announced which is a bit of a bonus.

i have the collectors edition on order & will also get access to the blimp :D

GTA5 is the seventh generations last hurrah !

dc89

This is why I made a conscious decision to pre-order in a store. I hardly ever do this. Plus, I can get McDonalds breakfast on the way home to eat during the install.

Just got this from ShopTo.

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for pre-ordering Grand Theft Auto V with us. The launch of one of the years biggest games is just around the corner and we want to make sure you are as prepared as possible. We will start processing/charging pre-orders from Tuesday September 10th in preparation for dispatch before launch. If you have already pre-paid though, no further charges will be made. If you wish to amend your delivery details, billing information or cancel your pre-order please do so as soon as possible. Once your pre-order has been put through to processing or is completed we will be unable to action any updates for you. Once your pre-order has been processed it will be shipped in time for delivery by the release date of Tuesday September 17th.
Kind Regards,
ShopTo Customer Service

wotta

I'm pretty sure shopto will get GTA V to customers on time. Speaking of which, why are shopto still banned? Loads of people talk about them on here, yet I can post links to my reviews as they are blanked out lol. I have no idea why shopto are banned?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I'm pretty sure shopto will get GTA IV to customers on time. Speaking of which, why are shopto still banned? Loads of people talk about them on here, yet I can post links to my reviews as they are blanked out lol. I have no idea why shopto are banned?

I hope so, it's been out for a few years! Only joking. But, yeah I think shopto will start posting next Saturday to be honest, would make Monday slightly more bearable in work if I knew this was waiting for me when I got home, fingers crossed.

I'm pretty sure shopto will get GTA IV to customers on time. Speaking of which, why are shopto still banned? Loads of people talk about them on here, yet I can post links to my reviews as they are blanked out lol. I have no idea why shopto are banned?
They lost credit card details and didn't respond in a very professional way iirc. It didn't affect everyone but I know some people on GAF had issues with their cards.

Fuck this.
The next day my ass, shit takes usually 1 week to get here.
I guess i should've gone with a preorder at my local store, instead of the R* Warehouse.

R* and their "biggest launch ever" bullshit, i bet it'll be a disaster like all these "biggest ever" operations usually turn out.

There's nothing about what they're doing here that'll stop it from being the biggest launch. All those copies being sent out on the 16th are already sold, so they're counted for day 1.

RulkezX

Forums are going to be absolutely full of rage threads when people don't get their copies.

Shopto usually get me my stuff in one day, but Game and Amazon usually dispatched on a Wednesday for me to get it on a Friday.

Top Bottom