• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rhyE7ea.gif

so what? loser.

Does anyone see similarities between this years rumble and 1993. The smarks fav (Bryan/ Bret) and the guy who wwe is pushing as the next guy (Reigns/Luger). Wouldn't be surprised to see the double elimination. And obviosly, it will lead to the return of Jack Tunney
RIP Jack Tunney

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Any scenario where Rollins interrupts the confetti at Mania by cashing in and taking the championship is awesome to me.

I don't think they're going to do the cash-in at Mania because Mania is supposed to be the culmination of a bunch of storylines, not a place for a random swerve that would invalidate whatever happened to the large number of people who don't watch all the other PPVs.

Its happened before though, I just doubt they'll do it at this point.

hamchan

I watch every week to see John Cena because every time you think he's pinned he always kicks out. He's so inspiring.

DKehoe

Slightly off topic, but was thinking earlier, who was the bigger draw for the WWE? Hogan? Cena? Or Austin?

Depends how you define it. Austin was only on top for a short period (particularly compared to Hogan and Cena) but sold more merchandise, tickets and PPV buys than Cena or Hogan did in their best years.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Depends how you define it. Austin was only on top for a short period (particularly compared to Hogan and Cena) but sold more merchandise, tickets and PPV buys than Cena or Hogan did in their best years.

Was thinking that too. Hogan was 10+ years, Cena is about 10 years while Austin was 5-6 years.

DKehoe

Was thinking that too. Hogan was 10+ years, Cena is about 10 years while Austin was 5-6 years.

Yeh, I'd say Austin but you have to credit Hogan for his longevity. There's no guarantee Austin would have had as long a main event run in him as Hogan did. I don't think you can put Cena on their level though because the company just isn't as hot as it was with either of those two on top.

Something else that makes it hard to compare is just how much the industry has changed. For example people could make the case that Bruno Sammartino is the biggest draw the company has had but you just can't really compare him to Austin because the company was working on different scales because of other factors.

NYR

Watch your mouth. The airport meme is a Royal Rumble GAF tradition!

So many possibilities for surprise entrants!

Okay, sorry, I didn't get the joke until now, it makes more sense after the last few pics, my bad!!

Penguin

Does anyone see similarities between this years rumble and 1993. The smarks fav (Bryan/ Bret) and the guy who wwe is pushing as the next guy (Reigns/Luger). Wouldn't be surprised to see the double elimination. And obviosly, it will lead to the return of Jack Tunney
RIP Jack Tunney

I think you mean 94... that confused me for a sec because Bret was champ in 93

DKehoe

I don't expect this to happen, but what if The Undertaker wins the Rumble and goes on to face Brock for the title at Wrestlemania?

I think he's done and isn't coming back but that's the one scenario I can think of that would make sense for him to return for.

I don't expect this to happen, but what if The Undertaker wins the Rumble and goes on to face Brock for the title at Wrestlemania?

I think he's done and isn't coming back but that's the one scenario I can think of that would make sense for him to return for.

If Taker enters the Rumble he has to win it, cause there us no way his body will survive getting thrown out of the ring.

Do PPV events still come with WWE Network? Thinking about subscribing/checking out the Rumble. I want to regularly start watching wrestling again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom