• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
article-1222454-06EE5865000005DC-303_468x405.jpg

LEARN HOW TO INTERNET!!

DKehoe

If Taker enters the Rumble he has to win it, cause there us no way his body will survive getting thrown out of the ring.

Yeh, it would also be really anti-climactic for him to return just to lose the Rumble. His body is probably too much of a mess now to return for anything but it's just a thought I had.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeh, it would also be really anti-climactic for him to return just to lose the Rumble. His body is probably too much of a mess now to return for anything but it's just a thought I had.
It makes me so sad how poorly Taker has aged. He looks like he's 60 now.

Do PPV events still come with WWE Network? Thinking about subscribing/checking out the Rumble. I want to regularly start watching wrestling again.

Yes

If you subscribe tonight, you will get two PPVs for your $9.99, as the next PPV (Fast Lane) is 22 Feb

However, there will then be no PPV until March 29 (Mania), so pay tonight, get two PPVs for $9.99, cancel the next month (as you are getting no PPV for that period)

Then subscribe again on March 29 and you will get 2 more PPVs for $9.99 (as Extreme Rules is April 26).

4 PPVs $19.98, then bail out.

NYR

Yes

If you subscribe tonight, you will get two PPVs for your $9.99, as the next PPV (Fast Lane) is 22 Feb

However, there will then be no PPV until March 29 (Mania), so pay tonight, get two PPVs for $9.99, cancel the next month (as you are getting no PPV for that period)

Then subscribe again on March 29 and you will get 2 more PPVs for $9.99 (as Extreme Rules is April 26).

4 PPVs $19.98, then bail out.

No wonder their stock price is shit...

Fox318

Can you guys teach me how to use the WWE Network from my phone? Michael Cole runs through the process way too quickly.

Download the WWE app. Usually there is a Network icon on the opening image.

That has more to do with their shitty US tv deal.

Which should have cost Step McMahon her job considering its believed she was the one leading negotiations

This will only work during Mania season hough - due to the long ruin in they like to give Mania.The rest of the year PPVs are better placed to try and keep your contract rolling.

It is pretty handy getting 4 PPVs (and the NXT PPV) super cheap though.- for what should be the best time of the year for main WWE content

Valentus

So how many numbers will be wasted in non-wrestlers, clown characters like Jim Duggan, and retired legends like mick foley?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So how many numbers will be wasted in non-wrestlers, clown characters like Jim Duggan, and retired legends like mick foley?

It depends what you consider a clown character. Last year I think the only real joke entrant was the El Torito character (an unspeaking dwarf that is employed just to wrestle Hornswoggle).

But Mizdow is a joke character that has actual storylines and he'll be there.

Linkified

Hmmm that is the whole point, only a handful of current roster guys you legitimately "buy" winning the Rumble, so its best to pad for nostalgia.

TxdoHawk

You've just gotta embrace it, dude. The Royal Rumble is a gimmick match through and through, a marvel of wrestling ability and technical skill not so much.

Zach

I know we want Miz vs. Mizdow at Mania, but Mizdow eliminating himself after Miz is eliminated would be pretty good stuff. Or has he done something like that already?

UberTag

As long as the announcers don't all get spots like in 2012, I'll be happy.
I think we're safe from that happening so long as the Ascension don't find their way into the match after wrestling earlier in the night. You know JBL would be chomping at the bit to eliminate them.

I know we want Miz vs. Mizdow at Mania, but Mizdow eliminating himself after Miz is eliminated would be pretty good stuff. Or has he done something like that already?
Fairly certain that spot's already happened during a battle royal or two.

UberTag

This is why Santino should have thrown Del Rio out. Made us all believe again.
In retrospect, considering how Del Rio was wasted at Mania XXVII in the opening match of the televised card despite his Rumble win, having Santino go over in the Rumble would have actually been the right call.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hmmm that is the whole point, only a handful of current roster guys you legitimately "buy" winning the Rumble, so its best to pad for nostalgia.

This is a natural result of linking the RR to Wrestlemania though.

notworksafe

I'd love for DBryan to win but I just don't see it happening.

Bummer that I'll have to watch Reigns vs Bork at Wrestlemania.

So supposed dirt sheet site said the following, putting in spoiler tags.

scroll past if you dont want to be spoiled, IF TRUE. Take it for what its worth too.

Ready???

The Rock Returns tonight and will either be a number 1 contender for the title, or he will be in the actual Royal Rumble Match and win it. As a result it sets up the WM main event between Rock and Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom