• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the BIG problem with how this was booked. If you are dead set with going with Roman Reigns then you have to take the opportunity to have your other Big Names be involved in a build up to another storyline.

Here's a go no where list tonight.

Miz - no Mizdow
Bubba - one off? No Dvon, could have led to a Miz/Mizdow story, or a Wyatt Family.
Bray - made to look strong again, family back?
DBry - nothing
Rusev - strong looking went nowhere
Ryback - nothing.
Ambrose - nothing

Use the Rumble to either continue a storyline, create a new storyline or tease a potential storyline.

Rumble 2015 did none of those.

Ithil

Here is the thing though, Bryan just just came back from being the man and having extensive neck surgery and Brock works stiff so why risk injury.

Rollins has MitB

Ziggler is almost ready almost.

Bray and Ambrose is starting to get there

Who else do you have besides Reigns? No one.

It is completely WWE's fault for not building stars until these past two years but fans taking it out on Reigns is going to murder any hope he has of being at the top and staying in the ME picture for years to come.

And Reigns just came back from a life threatening hernia. What's your point?
Bryan is cleared, he's healthy, he can wrestle just fine. And Brock does work stiff but he works safe. How many has he actually injured since he returned?

BearPawB

Banned
Shame the Rumble overshadowed the pretty great match right before it.

noob question:

How does a guy: (1) no one likes (2) that is lacking some important talents to be considered top tier, get this far? Is it really as simple as "the bosses like him"? Why do they like him?

Fox318

something something history

something something repeat it

something something

nUnXfem.jpg

THIS TIME I'LL SHOW THE PEOPLE THAT BUY MY PRODUCT

KissVibes

Banned
Reigns did almost jack shit for most of his time in the Rumble and his sudden Titus elimination was fucked up. Real quality work from the guy they're betting the company on.

MEANWHILE, you have a major fan-favorite in Bryan that can put on five star matches while concussed and who would give us an incredible final Brock Lesnar match.

Come on.

Reigns inst exactly Cesaro but I think his style in entertaining enough compared to the normal WWE strong man move set.

I will take the more fast moving and explosive style over your standard strong man slowly lifting heaving people stuff any day.

Enjoy all three of his explosive moves and howling in a wasted FINAL Brock Lesnar match.

The Young Bucks
‏@NickJacksonYB
Considering putting some shirts on sale. A lot of people have $9.99 in their pockets after tonight.

oh #cancelwwenetwork is trending haha

GavinUK86

noob question:

How does a guy: (1) no one likes (2) that is lacking some important talents to be considered top tier, get this far? Is it really as simple as "the bosses like him"? Why do they like him?
the rocks cousin

Here's the BIG problem with how this was booked. If you are dead set with going with Roman Reigns then you have to take the opportunity to have your other Big Names be involved in a build up to another storyline.

Here's a go no where list tonight.

Miz - no Mizdow
Bubba - one off? No Dvon, could have led to a Miz/Mizdow story, or a Wyatt Family.
Bray - made to look strong again, family back?
DBry - nothing
Rusev - strong looking went nowhere
Ryback - nothing.
Ambrose - nothing

Use the Rumble to either continue a storyline, create a new storyline or tease a potential storyline.

Rumble 2015 did none of those.

They need heels.

Big show and Kane as main heels in 2015 is shocking. Sheamus will be a good heel. And they need to start pushing Wade Barrett. Ever since he's won the belt he's just been losing non stop.

TraBuch

Banned

noob question:

He's good looking and has muscles.

So what do you guys see Cena doing from here on out? I don't see him maineventing mania for atleast 3-4 years from now when he's a heel run.

noob question:

Vince thinks he knows what his audience wants. It's sort of like Steve Jobs, where he famously would say "People don't know what they want until we show it to them", except Vince is out of touch and ends up being wrong more often than not. He and his crew seems to still book with an 80s mindset and ignore everything that is happening in the wrestling world outside of their bubble.

Alucard

Banned
The Young Bucks
‏@NickJacksonYB
Considering putting some shirts on sale. A lot of people have $9.99 in their pockets after tonight.

oh #cancelwwenetwork is trending haha

He also tweeted something like "Just kidding. We'd charge more than that for a t-shirt."

Mr.Swag

Banned
WWE matches I want to see now:

Rollins vs. Lesnar
Rollins vs. Ziggler
Rollins vs. Bryan
Rollins vs. a broomstick
I want Rollins v Reigns, which is exactly what Roman needed to get to the level Vince wanted him too.

Guess they're just saving that feud.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
TBH, heel Sheamus was over. It was when they turned him face and tried to bury Bryan with him that he went to nowhere.

Yeah, and both Cena and Shamus was a mix of cheers from marks and boos from smarks when they won those rumbles.

It was only these last two years where it seems like freaking everybody either didn't care, or hated it.

Lrrr

The IWC was around back then, and a lot of us hated Roman Reigns when he was called Bill Goldberg. And I can't believe I'm saying this about anybody, but Goldberg was better than Roman Reigns in every way you could ask him to be.

Really? I don't remember Goldberg selling his opponents moves or telling a great story in the ring. On his way to a 173-0 record, his entire gimmick was that he was an unstoppable monster who squashed his opponents in less than 3 minutes with his mic skills topping out at "Who's Next?". Arguably, his best match was against DDP at Halloween Havoc '98.

The Rock maybe not, but everyone knew Austin from before the Ringmaster shit. He polished his craft in WCW, became a great in ring performer and then developed the SOB person in ECW.

I'm not saying Reigns deserves this spot, this fast (in fact, I don't think he's ready), but with time, it's conceivable he could turn into something special. He should've been given a U.S. or IC title run first though. Vince is really blowing his development and build-up.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So what do you guys see Cena doing from here on out? I don't see him maineventing mania for atleast 3-4 years from now when he's a heel run.

Presumably he'll send Rusev packing back to Russigaria this year and then get the title for six months or so after the Reigns experiment gets abandoned, so I'm guessing he'll just face Orton next Wrestlemania for the belt.

Maybe the Rock will stick around and face Roman Reigns to get people back on his side.

Really? I don't remember Goldberg selling his opponents moves or telling a great story in the ring. On his way to a 173-0 record, his entire gimmick was that he was an unstoppable monster who squashed his opponents in less than 3 minutes with his mic skills topping out at "Who's Next?". Arguably, his best match was against DDP at Halloween Havoc '98.

I don't remember Reigns doing that either, that's the problem. But Reigns has been put in the position to be in the spotlight before ever having a match as good as the DDP match, or even the Regal match where Regal decided to stretch it all the way to five minutes. Reigns hasn't ever had a good singles match, and his best promos are awkward and kind of not terrible while he tries to sound funny or intimidating. Goldberg's best promos made him sound like he was a gorilla that they shaved and taught to grunt in a way that sounded like words, and he was booked accordingly.

I'm not so much pissed (mostly) about Bryan being eliminated. As one or two people have said on here, he can't be expected to win every match and that includes the Rumble (even if I wanted Bryan to win it).

But what does piss me off is the fact that he was eliminated like he was some mid-carder when he was more than that. Not even final four. I could have handled it better if he was at least Final Four but nopelol VKM says Reigns, Kane, Show and Rusev.

This won't happen in a million years, but the only way to salvage this mess now is if Lesnar gets ambushed somehow and then Rollins cashes in and wins tomorrow night on Raw. Then have him face Reigns, as RR winner, at Mania. Then stick in Ambrose for some contrived reason (the 'E has done it before on lesser foundations) to say he hasn't finished his revenge on Rollins for his backstab and make it a Shield three-way for the title.

Otherwise, there is no hope for Mania this year. At least last year, we had both of D-Bry's matches and Taker's streak ending shocker to do us over. This year? There won't be a prayer if something isn't done.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, #CancelWWENetwork is the NUMBER ONE trend on Twitter right now. Can't wait for Cole to drop this fact on Raw tomorrow.

oti

Banned
Wait, I have no idea about wrestling. Please help me understand.

In the OP it says that everybody could win this, that there's a random order of appearances and so on. But it's still all just acted right? This is just regular wrestling isn't it? And why are people angry now? Because the writers of the show decided someone unpopular would win this? Was the acting bad? What happened?

TraBuch

Banned
Ugh..I can't get over how much of a missed opportunity this was. Daniel Bryan wins it, beats Lesnar in an amazing match, Rollins cashes in and takes the belt leading to an amazing feud filled with 5 star matches. IT WAS SO EASY!

Ugh, I'm done with wrestling.
See y'all tomorrow night.

Alucard

Banned

In the OP it says that everybody could win this, that there's a random order of appearances and so on. But it's still all just acted right? This is just regular wrestling isn't it? And why are people agry now? Because the writers of the show decided someone unpopular would win this? Was the acting bad? What happened?

A character who has been written really poorly has been shoved down fans' throats before he's ready for the limelight. He seems like a nice guy, but they're going about making him a top star the wrong way.

Dead Man

PWTorch dudes speculating that it looked like Reigns had been crying when he was doing the post-show interview with The Rock.

I didn't see that, but eh, wouldn't surprise me. The guy got grilled on what should have been the biggest night of his career to date.

Ouch. Feel bad for the guy really. He's just not good enough for the role they have shoved him into.

In the OP it says that everybody could win this, that there's a random order of appearances and so on. But it's still all just acted right? This is just regular wrestling isn't it? And why are people agry now? Because the writers of the show decided someone unpopular would win this? Was the acting bad? What happened?

just imagine you're watching a tv show and a character you hate(suddenly appeared he's a bad actor, can't deliver his lines, stuff like that) has suddenly become the main character while the longer running guy you really like on the show has been shafted into the background.

oti

Banned
A character who has been written really poorly has been shoved down fans' throats before he's ready for the limelight. He seems like a nice guy, but they're going about making him a top star the wrong way.

Oh, I see. Sounds like the WWWE prioritizes the wrong things right now. Or something. Wrestling confufeses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom